Author Topic: OTAKU!  (Read 5638 times)

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
OTAKU!
« on: September 18, 2006, 10:46:24 am »
Post here things that make you go "Jeeze, I'm not even that bad!" Just because it's fun. And I'm a horrible person. But keep it somewhat friendly!

From another forum I frequent. I hope he's not here but if he is it's all in good fun and I still likes him. He's just silly. :p

Let the okatu sporking commence!

Example #1: Japanophile
In my sister's birthday thread:

"Happy birthday, Washu-chan!!!

.....I wanted to say it in Nihongo, but I forgot how to and I couldn't find the paper that had it on there"

and

"QUOTE(Dark Link @ Sep 18 2006, 12:35 PM)

"Is that where you found that "Kacchoii" thing, Gabe?

...And what the heck does Kacchoii mean, anyway?"

Of course. I like to integrate Nihongo into my regular speech XD

And it means 'cool'"
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Re: OTAKU!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 12:36:10 pm »
Quote from: "Riza-chan"
Post here things that make you go "Jeeze, I'm not even that bad!"

Ok, here's a post I found over at the Sakuracon forums in a discussion of the forthcoming FMA movie.  This dude, who is apparently from Portland, seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder (or rather more chips than a bag of doritos) about different companies releases of subtiltled series.  Can a person really care so much about something so trivial?  Aparently he can.  See for yourselves:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:     Reply with quote
Hmm... It'll be around on the ******* sometime, can't give FUNie any money, not after what they did to One Piece under the name of 4Kidz. Ah well, right after they released FMA to cartoon shitwork, I promptly went to that FMA site's forum and posted approximately 952 spoiler posts, to about everything thread I could find and under multiple user names, just to make the Mod's lives suck.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 05:45:39 pm »
Quote from: "pieisexactlythree"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:     Reply with quote
Hmm... It'll be around on the ******* sometime, can't give FUNie any money, not after what they did to One Piece under the name of 4Kidz. Ah well, right after they released FMA to cartoon ****, I promptly went to that FMA site's forum and posted approximately 952 spoiler posts, to about everything thread I could find and under multiple user names, just to make the Mod's lives suck.

That guy is an idiot.

FUNimation has nothing to do with how 4Kids does One Piece. They're only the distribution company, they have nothing to do with actual production.

I wish people would get their facts straight sometimes.

Anyways, I wish I could add something to this, but, I am probably one of the biggest Otaku out there.

Though, I do have a friend whos spending about Eight grand to buy a Life size Sephiroth statue that Square-Enix is releasing in Japan. I think she might be a bigger fan than I am, but shes really the only person I have met so far. Not been to Japan yet, though.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:08:47 pm »

And it means 'cool'"

I'm guessing that's an exact quote from the person's post, right?  Anyway...

"Kakkoii".  It's "Kakkoii" in romanji.
Sorry, sometimes that's like nails on a chalkboard to me. ~_~

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 10:24:58 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

And it means 'cool'"

I'm guessing that's an exact quote from the person's post, right?  Anyway...

"Kakkoii".  It's "Kakkoii" in romanji.
Sorry, sometimes that's like nails on a chalkboard to me. ~_~

And since Negima didn't really say it, as far as I remember, Kakkoii means something like "Cool", at least thats how I usually see it translated.

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
OTAKU!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 11:15:49 am »
Yes that was a direct copy and paste quote. We have several people on there that think they can speak Japanese. One think he's automatically can because he's half....but hasn't lived in Japan like EVER. I know a little Japanese myself so I knew something about that wasn't right. I just don't mix it in with my English or speak it when it's innappropriate.

And those are some pyscho otaku. They're like, ubertaku. o.o
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
OTAKU!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 12:54:31 pm »
It's the folks that don't have other interests that really creep me out.  Particularly the pale pasty ones who never venture outdoors.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
OTAKU!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 06:38:58 pm »
Yes that was a direct copy and paste quote. We have several people on there that think they can speak Japanese. One think he's automatically can because he's half....but hasn't lived in Japan like EVER. I know a little Japanese myself so I knew something about that wasn't right. I just don't mix it in with my English or speak it when it's innappropriate.

And those are some pyscho otaku. They're like, ubertaku. o.o

I tend to believe people who say they know Japanese if its part of their ancestry. You don't have to live in Japan to learn the language, or know it.

Unless you know for a fact that he was wrong, then I would probably not believe anything else that person says.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
OTAKU!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 01:32:57 pm »
I do admit, I can be an Otaku myself, but I do venture outside (all my classes are in different directions on campis,) and I can't stand it when the curtians in my study room are closed during the day.

When I'm the most Otaku-like is when I am at an anime convention.

But, I do know what everyone means by improperly spoken Japanese. I twitch everytime I hear someome who claims to know the language butcher it. But, if someone is trying to learn, then I gladly help them.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
OTAKU!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 01:56:21 pm »
My brother named all 3 of his daughters after anime characters. >_>;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
OTAKU!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 02:30:19 pm »
Quote from: "reppy"

what names???
i've thought about that tho i like the name sammy which could be a magical pretty girl sammy
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
OTAKU!
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 03:05:42 pm »

That's just horrific.  Some day, they're going to learn the truth, and there'll be hell to pay!  It's almost as bad as a girl I went to college with who subsequently named her kids after programing languates; Ruby and Perl.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
OTAKU!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 06:03:50 pm »
as long as theres love in the name it shouldnt matter, my dad first saw my name on a road he took to the dump, jasmine str, he wanted to name me that because he thought it was the prettyest girls name he'd ever heard not because it wwas a street name on the road to the dump
my mother wanted to name me candice.. for tho of you who dont know my last name is lady so if she'd name me candic people would of called me candy lady and my life would of been hell withh teasing and who knows how it would of afected my personalitie
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
OTAKU!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 06:50:02 pm »

*Suddenly imagines....*
"Hello and welcome to registration.  May I see your IDs?  *Looks at ID*  You two are siblings, right?"
"Yes" "Yes"
"So you're... Shinji I. Smith?!"
*Sigh* "Yes."
"Ooookay.  And you're... Lina I. Smith.  What's the 'I' stand for?"
*Sigh* "Inverse."

Anyway....

I think one of my major Otaku things is that I mentally cringe every time I hear someone pronounce manga like "main-ga."  I won't say anything, I try my best not to correct them, but mentally I'm banging my head on an invisible wall.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
OTAKU!
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 08:40:33 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
as long as theres love in the name it shouldnt matter, my dad first saw my name on a road he took to the dump, jasmine str, he wanted to name me that because he thought it was the prettyest girls name he'd ever heard not because it wwas a street name on the road to the dump
my mother wanted to name me candice.. for tho of you who dont know my last name is lady so if she'd name me candic people would of called me candy lady and my life would of been hell withh teasing and who knows how it would of afected my personalitie

heheh I was named after some actress... I've never really seen her in anything though. but if I were a boy then my mother would've named me stormy xD and for those who know me my last name is neitz (pronounced nights), so my name would've been stormy nights lol I should've been in a romance novel or something equally odd.
but alas, I'm marquise (mostly shortened by others to maki, hence being my name on here). What was ridiculous was that one person naming their kid vincent cloud something er-other (forgot the last name but the first and middle are correct). I also know a guy who named his kid Luke so that he could say LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER xD so laaame ahaha gotta luv it tho~*
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
OTAKU!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 02:13:23 pm »
Haha naw. They're named Kaylee, Yukari and Keyone. Fairly "normal" I guess. It's not like he named them .. Dejiko or Lum or something. ^_^;

And curses superjazz.. I was thinking of naming one of my kids Sammy! Oh well!

I usually call the youngest (Keyone and Yukari) by some variation of their name. Like Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service, perhaps?!) for Keyone. Karkar or Kari for Yukari. ;O I guess that'd make Kaylee.. Kaykay. >_>;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery