Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 359871 times)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #350 on: November 12, 2007, 05:50:16 pm »
Clannad has been good.
Man, have watched so many episode ones the past couple of weeks. woof! I can't remember them all.
Watched some of Naruto, uncut, does this mean he isn't Jewish? bah dum bum! I dunno, it seems fine to me.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #351 on: November 14, 2007, 06:57:49 am »
I've been watching trinity blood lately, it is cool, not sure if it is one of my favs but I want to finish.

Watched some of DNangel before that but didn't really get into it.  The plot was strange.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #352 on: November 14, 2007, 07:06:17 am »
I'm watching through Claymore (again). Watched it online as the season was progressing, and I just got it on DVD, so I'm enjoying it all over again. I still say......most intense/brutal show I've ever seen.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2007, 10:20:59 am »
Just finished catching up on bleach... need to get Death Note. until I do, I'll be watching Genshiken, and Kujibiki Unbalance
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #354 on: December 11, 2007, 03:58:15 pm »
Wow, have seen so much since my last post. Watched all 4 boxes of Naruto uncut. I couldn't believe I marathoned it too. I even got a subscription to Shonen Jump.

OKay, have started watching Sky Girls. You wouldn't think you'd like it, until you realize you just finished episode 8. 80

Starting Eureka Seven, I know it is on Cartoon Network, but I don't get that anymore. It is either pay $80 a month for TV and get it, or pay $25 and not get it.

Watching Gilgamesh, the story is better than the animation. But not so super to me.

Have been trying to figure out how to make my stupid Macbook play my .avi files of Kenichi. So far no luck. Guess I'll have to spend more money at Kinko's after work downloading. I can't spend 12 hours to do a download, my phone hangs up after 8.

I know there's been more. To be editied.

How could I have forgotten Minami Ke? This is good. Had me laughing really hard this week.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:04:10 pm by jaybug »
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #355 on: December 25, 2007, 10:24:25 pm »
More Minami Ke, still good.

Started Claymore. Good.

There's one, but the title is in Japanese, and I can't remember the name. Shiori no something, maybe. About a female bodyguard of the prince who's running away from the emperor. Really neat to just look at. Besides looking at her. Very well done scenery, and depth of detail. Need to watch more of these.

Girls Bravo. It could be worse. I know this is something that won't play here in the US. You just can't have girls eating bananas like that on TV! :o Oh YEAH! But it's a nice kind of ecchi. It does hentai things, but not go to the lengths that would make it a hentai. Serious R??? So now, how did I rent this from Netflix? Slipped that one under the door eh?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline nonomi

• Cabbit
« Reply #356 on: December 27, 2007, 11:16:57 pm »
Kimba the white lion and Paprika. I have no monies for more anime...
Thinking hurts and thoughts dont rhyme.
To those of us who've never tried to find a face behind our lipstick smiles, and as our pretty faces die our broken hearts will wonder why the makeup just won't hide the scars of time.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #357 on: December 28, 2007, 09:19:22 am »
I am watching last exile, just finished FLCL

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #358 on: January 10, 2008, 03:23:41 pm »
Finished Girls Bravo. I should have ended my viewing earlier than I did. But... Oh well.

Started watching Godannar. There are things in this anime that merit attention, and things in this anime, that make me cringe. What's good is the attention to details. Little things that bring more "realism" to the story, script and animation both. What makes me cringe is that there are too many examples where the show was trying to grab market share, by lowering the bar to the least common denominator. This resulted in moment swhich were obviously contrived, and thus detracted from the "realism" it had earlier gained through it's paying attention to what would a war room behave like, what would people do in a crisis in zero gravity. And I tell the mechas may look cool, but a robot with huge honkin' hooters just seems whack to me. I guess selling to oversexed 13 year old boys is the idea. This show did remind me of Saber Marionette J, even the main female character, looked like she was drawn by the same person. But in SMJ, the characters had more depth to them.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2008, 12:57:48 am »
I just finished Paprika!

Very cool, I ordered the soundtrack from amazon

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #360 on: January 13, 2008, 01:38:42 pm »
Oh man I have a list:

-Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai
-Gunslinger Girl
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan
-Honey and Clover season 1
-Baccano!
-Zuko Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
-Clannad
-Manabi Stright
-Spice and Wolf
-They Are My Noble Masters
-True Tears
-and anything else I decide to randomly start.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #361 on: January 13, 2008, 02:10:54 pm »
Just finished up Baccano! Damn that was awesome. Miria and Issac are a riot! And Friday I watched Paprika, which was pretty good as well.

I want to catch up on:
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Gurren Lagann
- Ghost Hound
- Darker Than Black (Just the last couple episodes)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #362 on: January 15, 2008, 01:11:46 am »
Recently finished:
Seirei no Moribito (AWESOME!) <- @jaybug THIS is the ONE!
Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayaski (Pretty good)
Kaze no Stigma (UNsatisfying Ending!)

Now watching:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (HILARIOUS)
Hayate no Gokuto (Pretty good too)
Claymore (Good but a little 'dark')
Bakamatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto (FABULOUS!)
Idolmaster Xenoglossia (Okay, but not thunderous)
Clannad (losing interest - looks & feels too much like Air and Kanon)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #363 on: January 15, 2008, 01:27:04 am »
There's one, but the title is in Japanese, and I can't remember the name. Shiori no something, maybe. About a female bodyguard of the prince who's running away from the emperor. Really neat to just look at. Besides looking at her. Very well done scenery, and depth of detail. Need to watch more of these.

The series is called 'Seirei no Moribito' and it is GORGEOUS and AWESOME. Andie & I went to an Ainu museum in Hokkaido this last September and we noticed that much of the mountain tribes' costuming is based on Ainu patterns and decorations. Landscape looks Himilayan, Nepal, Tibet, etc. Fantasy architecture but buildings have a mythical Chinese look to them. Clean as a whistle; no 'fan service,' no promiscuous characters. Well developed world of culture, plausibly authentic religious rituals, spirit worlds and magical critters, superstitions, agronomy, economy, and technology.

The bodyguard's eye design and seiyuu often reminded me of GITS Motoko Kusanagi.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:29:48 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2008, 06:19:51 am »
I'm watching SuperGals. ^-^ Season 2 episode 36.Only 52 episodes in the whole series though.D:
So sad.;-;

And surprisingly,
The english version...Is better then the japanese.O_O
The japanese voices just..Don't fit in my opinion.>.>;;

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #365 on: January 15, 2008, 04:11:19 pm »
Thanks for the title Prinz. Yeah, words are not enough. Just so many things to mark in superlatives. Oh, and Arc-en-Ciel did the op song. Written by Hide. Is that hee-day,, or Hyde, as in Dr. Jeckyl and Mister...? This is a must watch anime. Guardian of the Spirit.

Other than that finished Godannar, one of the few anime where they finish the story before they ran out of episodes. The last episode maybe should have been a separate OVA.

Been watching a lot of Bleach. I like how the writers have been telling back story of minor characters, helps a lot in understanding why who is doing what. Also Zaraki Kenpachi looks like my auntie Mac. It's the hair, even if auntie Mac's hair wasn't quite that wild, or had little bells in it. He just looks like family to me.

Am started watching Origin: Secrets of the Past. I remember seeing a couple of trailers, but they weren't very effective. Just hitting ADD to my queue and then watching it, has more, what?? It's been a real nice pleasant surprise. I'm going to keep it around a bit, and see if anyone will want to watch it this Friday at Terry's Anime Friday. Be nice and I may bake more chocolate chip cookies.

Oh will be watching Karas Revelation after Origin. Will post then about what I think about it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 05:25:44 pm by jaybug »
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2008, 07:50:14 pm »
Karas Revelation, was so-so. I just didn't feel much for it, or from it.

I have started watching Blood+ the series. I like Production I.G. stuff. Although this has more of an "impressionists" feel to the scenery and backgrounds, perhaps this is due to the fact there are many Korean names in the credits. But I think that helped it stand apart from other works from the same company. It didn't feel like I was watching the same story, or same characters.

We watched a couple of new series at Anime Friday. One "Spice and Wolf", may get more interesting, we only had the one episode. The other one, I guess I don't remember that well. Gee, sounds like a smash don't it?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #367 on: January 27, 2008, 04:45:22 pm »
Friday we watched the movie "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" Good movie. Lots to like about it. You know, it kind of felt like a movie, not like I was watching anime, or a cartoon, or something else. The only reason this would not have been made live action, would be budget reasons. I recommend watching this film.

Watched some Kamichu. This is a good series. The animation is not stellar, but the details in the background are wonderful. And it was showing me stuff of Japan I don't get to see very often. Just ordinary stuff, that you would have to be over there to have a clue. This anime is also a little more subtle in its approach. It isn't over the top. It's too bad there is only one more disc to watch.

Marmalade Boy; shoujo 'enuf! Making me wish there wasn't snow on my Dish. So I am not really qualified to give or withhold recommendations. But then I have also only watched the first episode before coming to work today.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #368 on: February 07, 2008, 05:31:02 pm »
Stared watching Noein. Hmmm. It's engaging. BUt if you are picky about animation, you may have a problem with this title. CG is mixed throughout this series, and it gets a little glitchy here and there, I think it helps more than it hurts. I do think the animation was not as good as other titles, but it was not horrid. The story is nicely confusing. What is real? But it progresses well, not leaving you in a deep funk for not understanding anything. Now I have to Google Earth for Hakodate.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #369 on: February 07, 2008, 07:19:20 pm »
I've been watching Hayate

it's really cool though like moon phase it's somewhat weird having romance between a 12 year old and a 16 year old.

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2008, 11:54:06 am »
Currently, I'm  on ep 137 of Inu Yasha.  After the end of the Mt. Haukurei arc, the storytelling resumes being interesting.  I don't know why I bothered with that 20 episode stretch of garbage about the Band of Seven.  Just a bunch of repetitive, boring, formulaic yelling and fighting. 

I finished Full Moon O Sagashite recently.  I give this one five stars, but you can take a couple off if you don't like magical girls or cute stuff.  The music is a big part of this show - it's about a magical girl idol singer after all!  The music struck me as cheesy at first, but I reluctantly came to love it, and I added it to my megamix that I listen to at the gym. 

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2008, 11:56:07 am »
I have at last been able to watch D.N.Angel in its entirety, having all the episodes, so I am watchign through that. I like it a lot, very good dark/light duality with great imagery and mysterious backstories. Very nice thus far.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #372 on: February 08, 2008, 12:27:40 pm »
In addition to the stuff I mentioned above, I've been watching Torchwood.  I'm really into it - any other Torchwood fans out there?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #373 on: February 09, 2008, 10:27:30 pm »
Went to Corvallis to see the One Piece movie. I was the only one there. Where have all the otaku gone? Long time passing. nvm I liked it well enough, but I wish it would have been subbed.
Have Fun

Jay

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #374 on: February 09, 2008, 10:33:26 pm »
Watched some Kamichu. This is a good series. The animation is not stellar, but the details in the background are wonderful. And it was showing me stuff of Japan I don't get to see very often. Just ordinary stuff, that you would have to be over there to have a clue. This anime is also a little more subtle in its approach. It isn't over the top. It's too bad there is only one more disc to watch.

I loved Kamichu!  After reading reviews, I knew this was exactly the sort of thing I'd want to own so I pre-ordered it from amazon, and I'm really glad that I did.  I think it's the best new series I saw last year.  The details of the shrine architecture fascinated me, and from looking at photos online of Onomichi, I was thrilled at the accuracy of the depiction of the city.  I loved the beach episode and the Yamato episode.  Also, I can't believe they made a Fight Club episode!  FTW!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #375 on: February 15, 2008, 06:23:51 pm »
I'm watching the Director's Cut of Death Note :D

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline demonotaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #376 on: February 15, 2008, 07:37:17 pm »
anime: Excel Saga, Cromartie high school (Freddie!) and the Super Milk Chan Show
non-anime: Family Guy, Viva la bam and code monkeys

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #377 on: February 15, 2008, 09:10:53 pm »
 naruto ( obviously!), a little bit of deathnote, bleach,and inuyasha occasionally
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2008, 10:41:50 pm »
Still working on Inu Yasha.  Sorry, but I just hate Naruto and Bleach. I just can't get into that stuff.  Why I like Inu Yasha, I couldn't say, except for the fact that has some more spiritual storylines, some tragedy and some romance. 

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2008, 11:05:18 pm »
Currently Ghost Hound. Taro is so cute!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #380 on: February 18, 2008, 07:07:53 am »
D.N.Angel, Final Fantasy Unlimited, Big O. I take way too long to watch through anime, I'll admit it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #381 on: February 18, 2008, 10:54:15 am »
Re-watched Interstella 5555.  ;D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2008, 07:11:43 am »
I finally finished D.N.Angel yesterday. Very nice, bittersweet ending (but what anime doesn't have that sentiment of sadness at the end?). A very enjoyable show. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2008, 08:42:23 am »
I'm watching LOST, HOUSE, Torchwood, and Ghost Hunters International.

I'll probably watch some more Gunslinger Girl soon too if we can find the time.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2008, 09:16:58 am »
At the moment, I'm watching Shrek the Third (because my sister is home sick, I'm taking care of her, and she is watching Shrek the Third).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2008, 05:00:45 pm »
trying to finish Noein, and Mai Hime. Both are good. If you are more nerdy and into quantum physics, Noein is the anime for You! If you know what causality is Noein is for you.

I like Mai Hime too, but I wonder if we could link it with the sometimes it just makes you sigh forum. But then it is probably a stretch, but it made me think that isn't going shopping going to kill the guy off too, what with credit card rates the way they are? lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #386 on: February 21, 2008, 04:46:44 pm »
Daft Punk's Electroma

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #387 on: February 21, 2008, 04:56:28 pm »
Leave it to Daft Punk to make an anime!  I dl'd Interstella recently, and will watch it when I get a chance. 

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #388 on: February 21, 2008, 05:04:54 pm »
WATCH IT. You must.  ;D

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #389 on: February 21, 2008, 05:08:09 pm »
DO IT MEOW!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #390 on: February 21, 2008, 07:26:02 pm »
Electroma certainly was...interesting. I think it's one only Daft Punk fans will appreciate.

but srsly...robot kid with ice cream = adorable.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #391 on: February 21, 2008, 07:36:53 pm »
I finished NOEIN last night. The more I watched, the more I liked.

Tonight I start GANTZ. Any bets on if it will burn this old sailor's ears off?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #393 on: February 21, 2008, 07:43:35 pm »
Friggin' Potemayo. It's so cute that I die every episode.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #394 on: February 21, 2008, 08:27:04 pm »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2008, 09:09:45 pm »
Well, I screwed up, I watched disc 6 before watching disc 5 of Mai Hime. And now I don't care to bother watching the rest of disc 5. I guess this means I just don't a 5 star about it.

I did get to see one episode of Boccano, Italian word for noise apparently. I thought it was all right, but the people watching with me didn't like it at all. I think their left-brains are showing. But... nan de mo n ai

Gantz, two episodes per disc. O-kayyyyyy.  ::) That wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't feel like I just got comfortable on the couch by the time I had to slap in a new disc.

But for some reason I listen to the opening song instead of zipping right through it, like I do on most anime. I think of you played LL Cool J's oh what's that song? Check it out now, Funk soul brother. Something like that. Well play it faster, and put Japanese words to it, and you have the theme for Gantz, kind of sort of.

And really I am enjoying this series. But will it be as memorable to me as the movie Phantasm was in the 70s? Tell me I am not stretching this too far.

Well before i can finish this series out I put some Naruto and Shonen Onmyoji in my Netflix queue, ahead of it. I liked Shonen Onmyoji, and would like to see it on my TV, which is a lot better thing to watch stuff on than my itty bitty waptop. And I am hoping this is uncut Naruto,not chopped liver.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2008, 09:23:53 am »
Im watching Ouran high school host club, 7 episodes in so far. The twincest is a bit more than Im comfortable with, why are they always eating bananas, did they really need to take the gay joke that far? But that aside its a cute show.

@Jaybay, I dont know what netflix anime selection is like, but I use animelane.org might check it out.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #397 on: February 26, 2008, 09:00:38 am »
yay, that is one of only two mecha animes that I actually like stash!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #398 on: February 26, 2008, 09:29:27 am »
you have no idea what you are getting yourself into   :o

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #399 on: February 26, 2008, 10:10:06 am »
I think Ive seen the movie a long time ago. I dont think I was that impressed myself. I prefer mech anime like gundam wing, vanguard, Full Metal Panic etc..