Author Topic: Limitations or rules for Cosplaying?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
Limitations or rules for Cosplaying?
« on: March 06, 2007, 07:26:37 pm »
Is there somewhere that outlines whatever limitations or rules will be in place this year?

I noticed already no live or stage steel, is there anything else? i know last year they kinda dropped the whole "No covered faces" thing on us at the last second, and im hoping to avoid any complications like that agian this year (As, im sure, are many others.)

If im just being an idiot and missed it obviously placed somewhere, well, slap my hands and reduce my post count >.<

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 02:37:20 am »
from what iv been told we have been asked to removed face covering masks or items in the main lobby area of the hotel but otherwise its alright. I will confirm at the meeting this upcoming weekend. other then that...

common sense.

for the most part if its decent at a public pool, its decent at the con. but remember this is a family setting with children so keep certain body parts covered.

additionally shoes MUST be worn at all times while inside the hotel. exceptions can be tabi's (socks with hardened sole attached) or other footwear. but NO bare feet. (no duct taping the bottom of your feet does NOT count)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 03:13:33 am »
Ouch! My ENTIRE costume was all about duct taped feet. I guess im just in trouble then.... ill have to come up with something, dare i say, sane?

But thanks alot, look forward to seeing you agian!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 06:12:49 am »
Duct tape feet MIGHT be allowed if you do it properly.

A, take some flip flops and cover them in duct tape, snip the strap off and tape THEM to your feet.

OR if you make a pad of duct tape thick enough and sturdy enough you might be able to get it approved as a "sole".
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:13:36 pm »
the only reason I brought up duct tape was in 2004 we had an attendee who wanted bare feet and thus taped the bottom of her feet. sadly duct tape + carpet = VERY SLIPPERY which is a bit dangerous for both the con goer AND the convention AND the hotel.

anyway If you have specific needs for your cosplay and feel there might be a conflict, please ask here and we will see if we can help.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 10:13:46 am »
Yeah, one thing I noticed was that there are a bunch of people writing in the cosplay discussion section who are talking about cosplaying "L" from DeathNote. "L" is almost always barefoot (actually the one or two times he's shown outside he actually is wearing shoes, but he does remove them whenever he sits down).

I'm not sure what the hotel will think of people who are cosplaying L and who remove their shoes when they sit down...there should be some visible and obvious postings on the website regarding bare feet since there will be plenty who want to cosplay the barefoot characters.  

For the actual cosplay contest, I didn't make any statements in the rules regarding footwear, just stated that entrants must follow the rules of the convention. However, I'm betting that someone is going to beg me to let them go on stage barefoot because they're playing "L" in some DeathNote related act... so are execeptions allowed and when / where?

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 01:29:26 am »
When it comes to the shoes rule there are no exceptions. If your sitting in your seat and you slip your shoes off theres not much we can do, but no barefeet on the stage or in the con space. sry.

Brenda
Kumoricon Programming Director 2006, 2007
Cosplay Manager 2006
Kumoricon RPG Coordinator '03 - '05

Long live the D12!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 07:49:28 am »
Well, that makes it easy for me: No exceptions means NO exceptions.