Poll

What do you want for easter egg hunting?

Older egg hunting sections
2 (18.2%)
Pocky Hunt of awesomeness!
9 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: April 03, 2007, 02:55:20 pm

Author Topic: Easter Egg Hunting  (Read 3147 times)

Offline InfinityKinomi

• Oni
Easter Egg Hunting
« on: April 03, 2007, 02:55:20 pm »
Hi, I’m new. :oops:
(1st con ever, KC last year)

EASTER IS COMING.

This year, I will be officially not doing Easter egg hunting, and it makes me really, really, sad.

I mean. Why don’t I? Because. “It’s for little kids.”
It would be kind of weird seeing an 18 year old or 20 year old, fighting with a 5 year old kid for an egg, ya know?

SO!
I think they should make like, 12-20 year old egg hunting sections at egg hunts! I mean, why not??? [30-40 and 41+ too :p]  

I really miss it... And I want to know if any of you miss it too, or agree they should have older sections of egg hunts... Cuz, I mean, come on, you know we all like candy!!! Young and old!

OR. If you still think that would be too ridiculous or still childish.... How about... Easter Pocky egg hunts?

A more modern/kind of animeized Easter egg hunting...
Where, someone hides all the pocky, or pocky boxes randomly instead of eggs, and when the people say GO! You get out there in a pocky free for all!!! And what you get, you get. Mmm. Pocky.
And if they made fun size pocky, we could stick those in eggs and hide ‘em too!
[And the boxes would be like the big eggs at hunts/ bonuses. ;D]

Yes. It would be great.

And if you choose to do so, some people could cosplay while participating! Looks/is more fun. Though, pick outfits you don’t care to get dirty in... Be sad to ruin a nice outfit or costume. :’(

Well, yes, if they had that I would SO go. I think the Pocky Club should do that!
Make it an annual event on Easter, some place, somewhere....  

Cosplayers and anime fans from all walks of life, come to enjoy Pocky Hunting... ^-^

...12 & up tho [unless cosplayers have kids?] Because, little kids have their own hunts already...
Also, I’d try to locate it in Portland or something. Is that the center of where people live??? I don’t know. Also, have the Hunt somewhere grassy, with trees, and awesome hiding places.... Yup....

Hmm. The only problem for that would be is if Easter was on a weekday or not on Spring Break. And Easter is also on Sakuracon, so some couldn’t participate. T.T [Is it like that every year?]

Well, I don’t know, but I would TOTALLY love a Pocky Hunt on Easter.

ThOuGhTs? Thoughts??? Comments??? I want to know!  :D

---------------
*runs away* Being a newbie makes me nervous...:?  :oops: Be kind! ^.^
ANIME~!
Na-chan says- ~L1v3 & Love<3~

. . . How do you get pictures on your signature?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 02:57:19 pm »
Pocky boxes are a little big, I think that it can easly be made anime by painting eggs like Japanese Doruma statues.

That'd be awesome.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 03:32:55 pm »
That I can remember, I only did an easter egg hunt once in my life.  It was back in the 1st grade, (yes, it was at school & people didn't freak out about church & state quite so much back then).  Anyway, I remember that my mom was upset, because she felt that Easter should be 100% about Jesus, (which I agree with now, except that I still love Cadbury eggs, especially the original cream ones).

P. S.  Kinomi, that avatar is mega cute!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:43:10 pm »
I went to one easter egg hunt in my life.  I was some ware between 9 and 12  and it was in Columbia Park (Ware they found Kenniwick Man) the park was seeded with prizes and every one gathered in the picnik area parking lot.  They promised great prizes like cash and board game and a sky diving Easter bunny.  So i watched the sky diving easter bunny and I totoaly missed the gun and by the time the bunny had landed all the kids were coming back from the park with the loot
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:07:02 pm »
Nah, I think Im pretty much good not looking for eggs anymore.
I stopped looking for eggs around 12-13. It was odd at first but it just became to easy since you know we kinda hide them so they're not so hard for the young kids, so I could have easily snatched them all.
So I started to get payed to hide them and now I dont even hide them anymore. I just sit there and draw and enjoy the pot-luck. lol.

p.s WOOT this is my 1,200th post!!!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 08:22:32 am »
The closest I ever came to participating in an Easter egg hunt was a couple of years ago when the Sheriff's Posse was asked to help out with the Easter Egg hunt at the Columbia County Fairgrounds. I got to "guard" the eggs from the 3 - 5 year olds. Oy... those little buggers can move fast! Some tried to sneak past the line before the starting signal and I had to stop them with my scary "officer of the law" stare  :x  .

Then, once the signal to start went off, I then had to keep the older kids out of the little kids' zone (they separated them so the little ones would have a chance...but the bigger kids were so quick that some wanted to snitch more candy from the little ones' area. Sigh) I'm so glad they're having another group handle the egg hunt this year. That was rough.

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 02:16:35 am »
You hit the nail on the head.
For me, at least.

I miss easter egg hunting. EMENSELY.
And I'm nearly twenty.

I think I'll always miss it.
I'll probably still miss it when I have five year olds that I ake easter egg hunting.
In fact, I'll probably steal some of the eggs they get when they're not looking. >_>

...I just wanna easter egg hunt like normal on Easter.

But I like your idea, too. I dunno how fesible it is, but it does sound cute, and like fun. n______n
[/size]

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 02:23:58 am »
Quote from: "Runa"
The closest I ever came to participating in an Easter egg hunt was a couple of years ago when the Sheriff's Posse was asked to help out with the Easter Egg hunt at the Columbia County Fairgrounds. I got to "guard" the eggs from the 3 - 5 year olds. Oy... those little buggers can move fast! Some tried to sneak past the line before the starting signal and I had to stop them with my scary "officer of the law" stare  :x  .

Then, once the signal to start went off, I then had to keep the older kids out of the little kids' zone (they separated them so the little ones would have a chance...but the bigger kids were so quick that some wanted to snitch more candy from the little ones' area. Sigh) I'm so glad they're having another group handle the egg hunt this year. That was rough.

if you had started with a Skydiving Easter Bunny they would have ben busy watching that
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 08:52:31 pm »
I miss teh egg hunting! :( I would love to herald in the age of pocky hunting! :D
Secrety secrets!

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
Easter Egg Hunting
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 10:34:05 pm »
the solution is a new generation of pocky friendly plastic eggs to hide the pocky in. they will be shaped like pocky boxes X3

but yeah....I dunno I still easter egg hunt with my family...am I a freak then????? XD haha I would love to go to a big "older folks" easter egg hunt :3 that would be soooo t3h awesome!!!! I would definitely beat you all ^.^

I do miss it being a normal part of easter though :\ I mean, if you're 17 and find a really hard easter egg...people aren't going to repect you as much as when you're five X3

anyways >_>

<_<

<3
Someday...I'll get around to you.