Author Topic: Well that's annoying.  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
Well that's annoying.
« on: May 04, 2007, 12:54:07 pm »
Well. My computer is all ucky again. (Means I need to fix it....Again. oO; )
So I'm using my brother's old computer. This this is awful. I mean CRUD.
5 gigs, slow as heck. I want my computer back. D:
SakuraCon '08: Touma (Gravitation) & Zexion (KH:CoM)
KumoriCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM) & Tatsumi (Yami no Matsuei)
AkiCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM)
SakuraCon '09: Miku (Vocaloid)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:05:44 pm »
:giggle:  :lol:
Reading that reminded me of my first computer: an 80286 with 40 MB hard drive which was considered HUGE back then (1987). I even got the math coprocessor, which made it just scream at oh, 10MHz....with a "lovely" 28bps modem... cruisin'  whoo hoo hoo....
So don't complain about 5 Gigs, doooood.    :P

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 01:18:06 pm »
yeah the foggies have jacked the thread to brag about there old computers

first I barrowd a TRS 80 from my brother in law then a IBM 186 then I spent a tax return about $1200 on a new 80286

Oh mine was also a monster at the time, with the 40 MB Hd and 16 MHz processor BEFORE the math co processor and it had TWO 3.5 inch floppy drives.  It was a Compaq Ps2 clone by Wang.  The case was to small to add upgrades and it was not compatible with all the IBM part floating around (But princess nerdia wanted that one because it was cute) I’m still using the key board and the mouse almost 20 years
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 02:17:15 pm »
talking about old farts.... Guy's first computer was a PDP-11 that he built himself back in the late 1970's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP-11 for info on that ancient thing.

Yay for old tech!!!!  
COBOL COBOL COBOL

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 03:32:47 pm »
xD; Wow. Mind you, I'm only 16. -brick'd- I have only ever used computers for....ehhh...6 years? I think that's when we finally got one. Then my own was bought about 3 years back. -pets it-
I'm just used to my normal computer. It's a peice of crud, but I love it.  :? 13 gigs, fairly quick lil thing. D; I don't even know what it IS. No wonder it keeps breaking.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 03:54:36 pm »
you have to speak nicely to your computer and treat it well. Most computers respond to good vibes    :wink:

I will say that I'm happy I have a dual monitor computer now.. it's so much more fun. Besides, that ancient 80286 couldn't play AVIs (wait, did AVIs even exist back then? Don't think so. Oh and the monochrome amber monitor was rather interesting to use.   :D

At 16 you're young enough to be my kid (eeep!) as I'm coming up on my 17th wedding anniversary.....  :shock:

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 06:21:22 pm »
o3o My parents are married for that long... >>; Whoa. That's so creepyyyyy.

IN OTHER WORDS: I got my computer working again, after much work. Silly thing. -pats it- Took several attempts to get XP to reinstall.
But I really dislike that other one. Lordy I hated it.

Offline systemdown

• Cabbit
    • The Systemdown Chronicles
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 08:10:20 pm »
If you want to talk old computers, my first computer was a Tandy 1000, that slugged along with its 640k ram and MS-DOS 2.11. It could play Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? in monochrome really slowly.
2010 - ? ? ? ? ? ?
2009 - Registration Team Member/Quarter Master Staff
2008 - Registration Manager
2007 - Registration Team Member
2006 & 2004 Attendee

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 07:24:21 am »
-shifty eyes-
oldpeopleeeeeeeeeeee.
-hides under a rock-

Harhar. My family still has our first computer. A Compaq Pisario, or something. Came with a copy of ME. Evil OS from the devil. >_o; It would ALWAYS blue-screen if I was using it. ALWAYS.

Offline Ken

• Oni
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 11:56:35 am »
My dad still has our first comp (A C64) that thing was cool because you could program (well he would) games in basic that you found in the end of magazines.
and avi didn't come out till way later than 87 I remember getting a .mod to work in 91(on a performa 630cd)  and being the envy of my friend with its incredible sound... of course i also had the glory of a faster than poop 14.4 modem and 8 megs of ram

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 08:48:25 pm »
Meep, I know how you feel. :/
Our comcast cable went down for a day, and I had to get online for a school thing, and I had to get on dial up... *stabs* Made me appreciate cable again, and made me realizse I am offically addicted to the internet.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 09:21:45 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
Meep, I know how you feel. :/
Our comcast cable went down for a day, and I had to get online for a school thing, and I had to get on dial up... *stabs* Made me appreciate cable again, and made me realizse I am offically addicted to the internet.

xD That's happened to me before. I ran around the house the entire day, having NO idea what to do with myself.
Make it worse? The wind storm that knocked it out.....also sent us out of school. e__e;;; At least school would've kept me busy.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 01:17:44 pm »
I don't remember what kind a computer my first computer was but it was one of those DOS computerputers with a floppy drive and all I could do was play like family feud and wheel of fortune (vana had red hair) and they games would screw up halfway though it was nuts.  If we wanted to use word, we had to go through the hard drive and then one day my sister decided to cram something in the hard drive to make it stop working, who knows.

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 01:48:37 pm »
The first computer we had in my parent's home was a Commodore 64.  One of our drives was a tape deck.  Seriously.  I can't even begin to fathom the differences between computers when I was 2 and now.  But as far as one's I've personally owned, my first computer just for me, which I still have, I received as a graduation present in 98.  2 gigs of hard drive space.  2.  I have that much RAM in my current desktop computer.  I don't even want to say how much RAM was in the laptop.  It's embarassing.  I can't run anything new on it.  *L*  I'd use it as something to carry around to keep notes it, but the screen's broken now, so it's no longer portable.  Plus, it's virus central.  *L*  Horrible.
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 11:25:52 pm »
my first comput was one that my mom bought with a bunch of stuff when she bought her old house. it's color was so off i used it once in a great while to go online with one of those free trilethingys
then my mom gave me a lap top when i moved out
it had a cd rom that you had to screw into the back to read cds
then the family i rented from gave me a couple laptops but i did get them to work
then i moved in with kendo boyfriend who has a good computer with many programs that need to be explaind to me (most involving downloading anime and making amv's) and a good laptop thats customized to say chi in differnt tones depending what you click on (turn off sigh chi turn on hyper chi)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
Well that's annoying.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 12:57:56 pm »
:shock: Wow, now I don't feel as bad about my computer. It doesn't have internet, the 70GB hard drive is full, it has 256MB of RAM, bad processor, and crappy video card. I couldn't run Halo at a decent resolution. It looked like Halo 64........It always lagged when there was more than 4 Covenant around, so basically always.
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...