Author Topic: Cosplaying an obscure character? Let people know who!(pics!)  (Read 23494 times)

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
Re: Cosplaying an obscure character? Let people know who!(pics!)
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2007, 01:56:41 pm »
Sir, that is a FANTASTIC hat.

Also, have you read Shaennon Garrity's review of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure? It's pretty awesome.
http://shaenon.livejournal.com/45855.html
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2007, 03:59:37 pm »
My girlfriend will also be wearing a Cooking Mama costume, though I'm not sure that's really that obscure.  *shrugs*

Cooking Mama? No way! That's going to be absolutely lovely. ♥

Offline TheOffspring

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/Julievee
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2007, 11:37:06 pm »
Hi! I'm so excited for this Kumoricon! I've only been to one before; Kumoricon 2004 so when I was able to get a few friends to go with me this year I was THRILLED! I still am, of course  ;D

I really gotta start working on this costume. It's going to be hard but I'm excited to see how it turns out. Anyway, I'm going a Sae from Mahou Tsukai Tai (Magic Users Club)

:D (Not the best picture in the world)

Offline Lizzie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://lizzario.deviantart.com
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2007, 12:20:46 am »

:D

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2007, 01:57:15 am »
lizzie u r my hero!!!!!
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline XCrashCardX

• Cabbit
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2007, 02:40:05 pm »
I didn't think that I was going to go to Kumoricon this year because the person that I usualy go to cons with just moved away *tear* but because of that I didn't make any new cosplays. So I will be going as the person that I usualy go as.

So anyway, I'm going as Young Brandon Heat from Gungrave. It's obscure because well the people who are really into Gungrave usualy try to do Beyond The Grave as their cosplay which is really hard to do.

I'm also bringing my FFT White Mage cosplay.
Saturday Cosplay:      FFT White Mage
Sunday Cosplay:     Brandon Heat

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2007, 04:23:58 pm »

OMG! SQUEEE!
I love all the OS-tans! Please come by the Pocky Club Booth and get your picture taken!

I've been trying to get artists to make a similar schtick with the Pocky flavors because I think Pocky-tan would be awesome for my Club to cosplay!

I deffiantly will~ We will have a big group!
So far we have 2000-tan, Me-tan, XP-tan, possibly a 98-tan, and possibly a 95-tan :D

hm if i can pull it together in time i'll  be that crappy operating system known as Windows Vista
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline stonemonkthewise

• Cabbit
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2007, 04:02:36 pm »
I didn't get to cosplay this year, but I more than intend to for the next 08' Kumoricon.
With over 300 days to works around with, I'll likely get more than one costume ready.

I think I might make the Ryu Cosplay I was talking about earlier... Breath of Fire series...

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2007, 04:46:49 pm »
um lets see....

1. merleawe from magical x mirical, its not well known since its only a manga not an anime (as far as i know at least)

2. rosette from chorno crusade.... most people forgot about that series now i think.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2007, 12:05:39 am »
Hahahha, a LOT of what I do are pretty obscure, it's fun times.

In the past:
-Mitsuki from Full Moon wo Sagashite (in 2001 before the anime/manga came out in the US and it was still running in Ribon)
-Coronet from Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (a play station game that is SO CUTE. All of her attacks are desserts and there are sing-a-longs~~~)
-Haine!Arubaito (Part Time Job) Maid Outfit from Shinshi Doumei Cross (there is only ONE coloured picture of this and the costume turned out so cuuuute~)

From Kumori 07:
-Pyoko from Panyo Panyo Digi Charat (digi charat isn't cool anymore, I guess?)
-Ranka AKA Haruhi's Okama Papa from Host Club (although everyone knows Host Club, no one knows Ranka XD. SAD.)
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2007, 12:54:31 am »
At KumoriCon 2007:

Yuugi!Pajamas.
If you saw a girl running around in blue pajamas and short pigtails, that was me.
the only reference I found.
First picture.  xB

And I don't know how many people here know Mana (YuGiOh, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be that obscure), but I'll be her next year.  xD
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 08:17:49 am »
--1. merleawe from magical x mirical, its not well known since its only a manga not an anime (as far as i know at least)

Aww man, I've totally wanted to cosplay her!! Which outfit?

--Megchan--

Yay Arina Tanemura!! I've done Meroko Yui and Kaitou Jeanne. Meroko was my first mostly-sewn (Not by me. I made the hat though!) cosplay outfit. And of course I've always wanted to do the 'Artbook Finn' outfit.
~Raiphin~

Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2007, 06:22:37 pm »

--Megchan--

Yay Arina Tanemura!! I've done Meroko Yui and Kaitou Jeanne. Meroko was my first mostly-sewn (Not by me. I made the hat though!) cosplay outfit. And of course I've always wanted to do the 'Artbook Finn' outfit.

Yay!! I love seeing more characters from Arina Tanemura's stuff!! I forgot that I also did Mizuno from Time Stranger Kyoko for AKA Con 2001.

I also did Umi's Final Armor from Magic Knight Rayearth. I was so happy with it~ Melissa Quinn from Faerie Fingers really liked it (it was my...3rd cosplay, I think!)
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2007, 07:42:55 am »
--1. merleawe from magical x mirical, its not well known since its only a manga not an anime (as far as i know at least)

Aww man, I've totally wanted to cosplay her!! Which outfit?

--Megchan--

the school one! xD its so cute! im having trouble getting the wig though

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2007, 10:26:48 am »
Oooh, One of my friends wanted to do Kyoko, and actually that'd be a pretty simple but good looking costume to pull off.

Yay MxM! The school one is really really cute, but looks super hard! o_o Do you know how you're going to do the loop things off the side of the top of her sleeves? That looked kinda hard since it'll have to be a ring, but one that loops through the part that's actually attached to the sleeve. I look forward to seeing how it turns out~!
~Raiphin~

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2007, 04:57:06 pm »
i think i know how im going to do it..... i have to make the pattern for the realy long parts on the sides of her skirt myself though which sucks... i found a pattern for the top, and i dont know about the sleeves so far. O.o

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2007, 06:43:09 pm »
Oooh, One of my friends wanted to do Kyoko, and actually that'd be a pretty simple but good looking costume to pull off.

Oh man, I think a complete group of Strangers would be so awesome.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2007, 09:06:18 pm »
I'm not sure if I'm gonna actually cosplay, but if I were to go all out and do it, these are the [semi?] obscure ones I might do. They're both from the DS game Megaman ZX:

Megaman LX:

Pandora:

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Shinigami Squirrel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2007, 08:04:49 pm »
This is really not ShinigamiSquirrel, its actually her sister, but I was just using her account...

I don't know if anyone saw me at Kumoricon 2007, but I was the Misa that hung out with the Sugar L and the Ryuk... o.O

Well, I'm planing on being a character named Charlotte Elbourne from Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust.. ^-^

http://www.sfolse.net/cos/pics/charlotte1.jpg

Offline kyattsuai

• Cabbit
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2007, 03:28:34 pm »
Well my elder sister went as Hotaru from Samurai deepre kyo, and I went as Tyki Mikk from D.Grey-Man
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/sightless12/Cosplay/IMG_0128.jpg <-- Our cosplay
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/sightless12/Cosplay/tyki.jpg<---Orginal Tyiki
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/sightless12/Cosplay/hotaruentry2.jpg<---Orginal Hotaru (( had to scan image from manga >__> pictures of him are hard to find.

>_>;; I plan to work harder and complete my Tyki costume though. So does my sister with her costume, she says its not complete.

Offline govi

• Sailor Scout
    • Overwrought Designs
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2007, 09:42:33 pm »
Not really anime, but a few friends and I are getting together a Girl Genius-inspired group, including a few female Jagermonsters.
Kumoricon 2011: Young Iroh (Avatar the Last Airbender)

Offline Yaoi.Yuri

• Oni
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2007, 09:15:28 pm »
I'm considering cosplaying as Sang from Phd: Phantasy Degree. I have yet to meet someone who knows of the series (other than my stepsister who introduced it to me), but it's one of the few characters that I resemble at all.

Image:

Offline choked_smurf

• Cabbit
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2007, 08:54:59 pm »
So many Higurashi characters planned for 08. @_@
My friends cosplayed as Shion and Rena in 07!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/chokedsmurf/Kumoricon0738.jpg
I planned on being Doll from Angel Sanctuary. Pretty much generic lolita maid costume. ^^;
My friend is going to be the angel Uriel- so naturally I have to be his servant! <3

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2007, 09:22:24 pm »
didnt know this thread existed lol but heres a pic of my...

Obscure Character.... Leeroy Jenkins

those are some ideas of the armor my friend and i are gonna be workin on
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:24:42 pm by kissarmy »
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2007, 01:07:18 am »
Lala Deviluke

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2008, 01:27:20 am »
Well, I'm planing on being a character named Charlotte Elbourne from Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust.. ^-^

http://www.sfolse.net/cos/pics/charlotte1.jpg

Oooh, Charlotte! I would love to do a D cosplay, but I would die of heatstroke (which would be in character, but totally suck XD).

Anyway, not anime, but me and my friend are going to the rave this year as Emo!Zim and Emo!Dib from the Invader Zim fanfic brb suicide. And that same friend and another are being the Almighty Tallest, Red and Purple. As far as we know, no one's done Tallest cosplay yet, so it'll be pretty epic. ^^
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:06:05 am by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2008, 02:15:17 am »
I want to do Roger Smith from big-o that would be so sweet XD
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2008, 10:09:47 pm »
Myself, I will be going as Amu Hinamori, the main character from the new manga by PeachPit (DearS, Rozen Maiden, Zombie Loan) called Shugo Chara--short for Shugogetten Characters ie: guardian characters.

I'm doing her basic punked out schoolgirl outfit, and doing pink hair for the first time! (mine is almost  black ^ - ^;;;;) It will be AWESOME! Hopefully. The eggs will be the death of me though.

here is my main source pics:
http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/manga/preview/shugo/ (color)
http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/manga/preview/shugo/?page=4 (bottom righthand figure, also the eggs which usually hand on keychains from her belt)

say hi if you see meeee! And check out the manga (vol. 1 available from DelRey, vol. 2 available late August!) if you like punky cute things.

Ooo! I saw you when I was there! It was on.....The first day, I think....But, I was the fat last minute cat girl 12 year old with a girl with glasses! XD I took a picture! Or, my friend did! I remembered that you were a REALLY good Amu-chan!

Offline ~X~Hyuuga Neji~X~

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2008, 07:23:04 pm »
Medicine Seller from Mononoke. Cosplayed him at Sakuracon this year but was ignored, as I've stated in the other obscure cosplay thread. XD;

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/288/7/c/Medicine_Seller_by_Rakuda69.jpg That's him, and no the picture doesnt belong to me X3; Hopefully Kumoricon can renew my love of cons >>;

This is pathetic....We're cracking up over a sadistic BIRD...

Offline dakiro

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2008, 11:33:56 pm »
even if i handt seen that i would still like to have taken your picture if you pulled that costplay off well =D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:34:16 pm by dakiro »
formally dakrum
THE anime list

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2008, 10:03:47 am »
I'll be cosplaying as Thief King Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Egyptian verison.

He's a pretty obscure character, sorta, even though he's like one of the main villians. He doesn't appear that much, and when he does, he makes himself known. If you're curious as to what he looks like, just google search "Thief King Bakura" it's the dude with the long red cloak and the scar on his face with the white hair.

-Bakura
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2008, 02:42:25 pm »
Necroing because obscure cosplays is obscure:

We're planning to do a Juuni Kokki / Twelve Kingdoms cosplay group for Kumoricon this year.  I don't know if the obscurity's gone down with the novel releases, but I've certainly hardly ever seen it cosplayed (though now that I've said that, I have to admit to seeing one cosplayer for it at Sakuracon, and one at Fanime, BUT STILL).  If all plans go well, there will be a pre-Empress Youko, a Kyou-ou, a Kyou-ki, and I'll be going as Ryuushi Risai (huzzah for relatively minor characters, especially in the anime!).  I'll be working off something like a dozen anime screenshots (mostly from two scenes) and one (ONE!) novel illustration.

(Of course, the spoilery version of her that I'm planning for next Sakuracon is even more obscure, but eh, who's counting?)

I don't know if Nue from Air Gear counts as obscure, but I'm planning on doing him as well.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2008, 04:58:38 pm »
I imagine any video game/RPG that's not Square-Enix would be obscure.
http://www.animewallpapers.com/game/magna/full_40.php
And any guy with white hair is hot enough to set hell on fire! ^^  Calintz from Magna Carta: Avalanche

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2008, 08:39:24 pm »
I've cosplayed Sai Saici from G Gundam every year. XD No one ever watch that show because of the horrible dub. But I'm not sure I'll put that costume on again.
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2008, 03:03:45 am »
*edit* no longer doing Mashiro Ichijo.

Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku (which is more widely known, but I don't hear a lot about it or see it cosplayed much.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:46:15 pm by misamisa »
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2008, 08:49:49 am »
I imagine any video game/RPG that's not Square-Enix would be obscure.
And any guy with white hair is hot enough to set hell on fire! ^^  Calintz from Magna Carta: Avalanche
OMG are you going to go as Calintz? I would love to see it. I <3 Calintz.

As for me the most obscure I am going to get is Albel Nox (in signature) from Star Ocean 3. I am going to be adding a cloak to the picture because that would solve a lot of my problems (w00t no shoulder armor ^_^)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2008, 10:40:04 pm »
@dshwshr
okay, now thats really obscure character.  Only Crimson sigmata/Tears of Blood came in the US from I understand, and you're doing another verison of Calintz.

I think its really sad that if a RPG isn't from Square Enix it becomes obscure.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2008, 10:42:33 pm »
I have Tears of Blood and I personally like the way Calintz looks in that one over Crimson Stigma.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2008, 10:46:16 pm »
isn't Crimson Stigma is Tears of Blood?  If I remember correctly, they changed the subtitle to Tears of Blood for the US market.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2008, 10:47:26 pm »
yeah but I think that they changed the looks of characters too. I'm not too sure. It's just a guess on my part. But I do know for a fact that there are two different Calintz
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:48:03 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2008, 10:50:21 pm »
http://bp0.blogger.com/_PgzWtj7VIiM/RX71hjSSQ9I/AAAAAAAAAO8/3hi5Fe3ZALI/s1600-h/Crimson.jpg
This is what he looks like in the game that was released in the US

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2008, 11:22:43 pm »
I'm familar with that one, its the one I have.  I'm just saying I remember that game was previously known as Crimson Stigma back in its origin of S. Korea.

Offline Kayani_Neko

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2008, 10:59:02 am »
I'll be cosplaying Kayashima Taiki from Hana Kimi live, also known as Hanazakari no Kimitachi e.

Manga version:

Offline haliekins

• Cabbit
    • http://shibbyshasta.deviantart.com/
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2008, 04:38:54 am »
i'm going as miss goldenweek from one piece. :)

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2008, 02:46:22 pm »
http://bp0.blogger.com/_PgzWtj7VIiM/RX71hjSSQ9I/AAAAAAAAAO8/3hi5Fe3ZALI/s1600-h/Crimson.jpg
This is what he looks like in the game that was released in the US

Haha!! I was going to cosplay the Japanese version of Calintz! I'm playing Magna Carta: Tears of Blood (the US version) right now, too ^^

Here's his Japanese outfit:

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2008, 11:41:45 pm »
I have a couple of obscure cosplays:

First one:
Assassin's Creed - Altair
http://www.geekscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/altair.jpg

Army of two - Alice Murray
http://image.hazardstrip.com/ico/sprays/alice_murray_spray.png

My main two cosplays, though I'm probably going to wind up being Altair for more of the con than others except for other photoshoots. :P
-Altair/Alice
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline jimnicricket

• Cabbit
    • webbwerx
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2008, 12:36:52 am »
Kino from Kino no Tabi
kino is my fav of all times ~~ I will have to find you for a pix ^_^

I am going to do chroniko from kaiba
": Yes, yes! You will be more powerful than, than... locomotive! More faster than speeding bull! You will leap all buildings in a single town!

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2008, 01:07:14 pm »
I am going as Hell Temptress Airi form the visual book fighting game "Queen's Blade." I would be very surprised if anyone got her reference. Most people are probably think "Oh God... another random maid cosplay."

http://queensblade.net/character/char_010.php