Author Topic: Cosplaying an obscure character? Let people know who!(pics!)  (Read 23495 times)

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
Heyla, my first Kumoricon will be this year and I'm going as my most obscure cosplay ever. As such, I thought it would be cool to have a thread where other similar people could be like, "I'm going as X, it will look like this! -link goes here-."

The idea is to both inform people so that more people recognize you! <3<3 (And allow you to gush about your costume. Who doesn't enjoy that?)

But ALSO to help bring lesser known shows/series to people's attention.

Thus, this is mostly aimed at:
a) minor/lesser known characters
b) characters from shows/series not yet licensed/translated
c) characters from series so newly translated not much is known about them
d) series that just flew TOTALLY under the radar but you love them so there!

~~~~~~~~~~

Myself, I will be going as Amu Hinamori, the main character from the new manga by PeachPit (DearS, Rozen Maiden, Zombie Loan) called Shugo Chara--short for Shugogetten Characters ie: guardian characters.

I'm doing her basic punked out schoolgirl outfit, and doing pink hair for the first time! (mine is almost  black ^ - ^;;;;) It will be AWESOME! Hopefully. The eggs will be the death of me though.

here is my main source pics:
http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/manga/preview/shugo/ (color)
http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/manga/preview/shugo/?page=4 (bottom righthand figure, also the eggs which usually hand on keychains from her belt)

say hi if you see meeee! And check out the manga (vol. 1 available from DelRey, vol. 2 available late August!) if you like punky cute things.
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Cosplaying an obscure character? Let people know who!(pics!)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:05:49 pm »
I'm going to be cosplaying Mackenzie from the NDS game Touch Detective for at least one day. Making her outfit is going to be my senior project that I'll be working on this summer. :3
Although it's translated and in the US, it's hardly ever available in stores - you most likely have to order online.

She's the blonde one.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've been considering cosplaying Derek from Trauma Center: Second Opinion. >w< We have the same hairstyle ~ XD

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 03:34:06 am »
If I can get the coat to the seamstress by then and get the details and buckles on it, I may revise my Oikawa costume

http://digipedia.db-destiny.net/encyc/images/oikawa.jpg

Come on, everyone's seen the second season of Digimon, right? Why is it no one remembers him except as "that creepy guy who kidnapped Ken"?

Offline IvoryxIllusions

• Cabbit
    • Icon by: Yureteru~.
Re: Cosplaying an obscure character? Let people know who!(pi
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:23:24 am »
Quote from: "Raiphin"

~~~~~~~~~~

Myself, I will be going as Amu Hinamori, the main character from the new manga by PeachPit (DearS, Rozen Maiden, Zombie Loan) called Shugo Chara--short for Shugogetten Characters ie: guardian characters.

Ahhh!  I really loved that manga and I was thinking of cosplaying her too, well, kinda!  I didn't really think people would know who she was so I dunno if I will but she is so adorable~! 8D  I really liked her style and just the whole manga in gen. but yeah!  I'll definitely look out for you! ;D
-

No -sleep- to what?!

Brooklyn. ;D

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:59:05 pm »
I still haven't completely decided who I'm doing for my second cosplay or if I'm even doing one~ But if I choose not to do Seras I'm gonna be Rena from Higurashi no naku koro ni :D ::{or "When they cry" for english, they butchered the name ;.;}::
http://atashi.animeblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/higurashi_26/higu26_01.jpg

Yeah couldn't find a picture of they whole costume that wasn't her covered in blood ::{I have a lot on my compy but I'm too lazy to load them on photobucket XD}::
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 04:26:40 pm »
[/quote]

Ahhh!  I really loved that manga and I was thinking of cosplaying her too, well, kinda!  I didn't really think people would know who she was so I dunno if I will but she is so adorable~! 8D  I really liked her style and just the whole manga in gen. but yeah!  I'll definitely look out for you! ;D[/quote]

Squee~! I'm glad someone else has read it! Hahah, yeah, I figure "cute punky schoolgirl" will get at least SOME attention, even if people don't know who I am. ^ - ~

The eggs are seriously going to kill me though. I'm going to try and paint them plaid. O.o I think this is because I am INSANE.

ps: Higurashi is madness but awesome. I make other people watch it so they may share the madness. We need more Rena's! I shall not touch meatballs made by you though, just as a note....^ - ~
~Raiphin~

Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 04:28:19 pm »
Quote from: "totemo_oishii"
I'm going to be cosplaying Mackenzie from the NDS game Touch Detective for at least one day. Making her outfit is going to be my senior project that I'll be working on this summer. :3
Although it's translated and in the US, it's hardly ever available in stores - you most likely have to order online.

Oooh, that art style is cool! Is it a good game? My boyfriend really likes weird DS games
~Raiphin~

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 04:39:04 pm »
The characters are insanely cute. *_______*
And I do like the game. :3

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 06:54:01 pm »

Ahhh!  I really loved that manga and I was thinking of cosplaying her too, well, kinda!  I didn't really think people would know who she was so I dunno if I will but she is so adorable~! 8D  I really liked her style and just the whole manga in gen. but yeah!  I'll definitely look out for you! ;D[/quote]

Squee~! I'm glad someone else has read it! Hahah, yeah, I figure "cute punky schoolgirl" will get at least SOME attention, even if people don't know who I am. ^ - ~

The eggs are seriously going to kill me though. I'm going to try and paint them plaid. O.o I think this is because I am INSANE.

ps: Higurashi is madness but awesome. I make other people watch it so they may share the madness. We need more Rena's! I shall not touch meatballs made by you though, just as a note....^ - ~[/quote]
HOORAY!!!! Fianally someone on the forum responds to my rantingness about Higurashi :D Now that I know at least one person has watched it and knows who I speak of mabbe I will go as her, Rena's just too damn cute X3

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 07:59:28 pm »
HOORAY!!!! Fianally someone on the forum responds to my rantingness about Higurashi :D Now that I know at least one person has watched it and knows who I speak of mabbe I will go as her, Rena's just too damn cute X3[/quote]

hahah, the second season will probably be airing around the time of Kumoricon as well!

It takes a special person to enjoy Higurashi, I think, to keep watching it rather than saying "OMGWTFstopnow." I was more, "Wooow, that's seriously messed up. O.o how will they top it?" Though honestly I had to look away and "lalalaa" once an arc or so, when things got really violent.
~Raiphin~

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 08:02:30 pm »
Kino from Kino no Tabi and Chika-kun from Ouran High School Host Club. You can find pictures of both of them here: http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/Tsuruka/ The Kino pictures are in the Kino no Tabi section and the Chika-kun pictures are in the cosplay section in the in progress sub section.

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 08:05:38 pm »
Quote from: "~Boogiepop~"
HOORAY!!!! Fianally someone on the forum responds to my rantingness about Higurashi :D Now that I know at least one person has watched it and knows who I speak of mabbe I will go as her, Rena's just too damn cute X3

hahah, the second season will probably be airing around the time of Kumoricon as well!

It takes a special person to enjoy Higurashi, I think, to keep watching it rather than saying "OMGWTFstopnow." I was more, "Wooow, that's seriously messed up. O.o how will they top it?" Though honestly I had to look away and "lalalaa" once an arc or so, when things got really violent.

July 11th Higurashi no naku koro ni kai airs in japan:D ::{crazy fangirl here lmao}::

I'm really into psychological anime so I absolutely LOVED trying to figure out what was going to happen :3 I also was amazed at the fact that they made it look so fricken' cute and horrible at the same time~
I think the only problem they had was not explaining some of the arcs as throughly as they should D: I ended up looking up all the game arcs on the internet so I really know whats going on so it's gonna kinda ruin the second season for me ::{damn me and my curiosity}::

BTW didn't mention but the character you're cosplaying as looks so kawaii~ X3 <3 Peach Pit's art. I wish more people would cosplay as her characters. Though the DearS cosplayers would look veeeerrrrrrryyy slutty.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:18:50 pm »
ZOMG!  A Higurashi cosplay?  I would be so happy to see a Rena cosplay, you don't even know!  I wish someone would translate those games already!

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 09:21:18 am »
<<<<<Kino from Kino no Tabi and Chika-kun >>>>>

Oooh, both very cool. Where did you find your goggles for it? I had a friend who wanted to do Kino, but couldn't find all the right accessories.

And of course, Chika-kun is adorable, without being Every Other Ouran Cosplay Out There. Sakuracon was littered with them!

also------BTW didn't mention but the character you're cosplaying as looks so kawaii~ X3 <3 Peach Pit's art. I wish more people would cosplay as her characters. Though the DearS cosplayers would look veeeerrrrrrryyy slutty.---

Eeeeek yes they would. I'm sure people have done it, though! And of course MANY people at least for Sakuracon did Rozen Maiden--which I never really got into for some reason, but I can't fault the art.
~Raiphin~

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 09:25:38 am »
<<<<<Kino from Kino no Tabi and Chika-kun >>>>>

Oooh, both very cool. Where did you find your goggles for it? I had a friend who wanted to do Kino, but couldn't find all the right accessories.

And of course, Chika-kun is adorable, without being Every Other Ouran Cosplay Out There. Sakuracon was littered with them!

also------BTW didn't mention but the character you're cosplaying as looks so kawaii~ X3 <3 Peach Pit's art. I wish more people would cosplay as her characters. Though the DearS cosplayers would look veeeerrrrrrryyy slutty.---

Eeeeek yes they would. I'm sure people have done it, though! And of course MANY people at least for Sakuracon did Rozen Maiden--which I never really got into for some reason, but I can't fault the art.

I'm not sure that I've going to include the hat so I haven't started to look for goggles yet. I was thinking I might be able to find some swimming goggles though.

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 11:56:54 am »
As I've posted in previous threads...I guess Chloe (Noir) is an obscure character, mainly because I've been recognized by like..3 people at Sakura-con this year... <.<

Not as obscure as others, but still very rarely known.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 11:14:49 pm »
Hunh, Cloe has the added benefit of being harder to recognize. I shall look for you though!

on a side note, I knew a cosplayer (named DaiTenshi) my freshman year of college who borrowed a trenchcoat I owned for her Mireille cosplay. It was pretty spot on, which was cool. ^ - ^
~Raiphin~

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 12:28:35 am »
Awesome! I would love to see more Noir cosplayers..haven't met any in person yet.. <.<

I'll be walking around as Chloe the majority of the con, unless I get the money/time to have something else by the con.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 05:53:47 am »
Quote from: "Trumby"
Awesome! I would love to see more Noir cosplayers..haven't met any in person yet.. <.<

I'll be walking around as Chloe the majority of the con, unless I get the money/time to have something else by the con.

I think I all ready told you my first cosplay I had lined up for K Con 1 was a dark suit and tie to be a nameless Soldat gunman.  If I bring that this year you can shoot me
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 10:52:56 am »
I dunno if Jpop counts as obscure if it's from Hello!Project.  xD

But my friend and I are being Nono and Aibon of W.
These outfits, to be exact.  <3

We're learning the dance, too.  xB

Also...Yukina from YuYu Hakusho.  I wouldn't doubt it if YYH was considered obscure now.
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 12:45:59 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
Quote from: "Trumby"

I think I all ready told you my first cosplay I had lined up for K Con 1 was a dark suit and tie to be a nameless Soldat gunman.  If I bring that this year you can shoot me

Ohh yeah I forgot about that. Except I wouldn't shoot you, because Chloe uses knives :P

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 12:00:08 pm »
Well I have a few odd cosplays this year.

The first one is S-ko from Guilty Gear. Some GG gamers don't even know who that is, or they don't know her name. She's attached to Zappa. I had a link for a photo, but I lost it.

The second is Furude Rika from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I saw that someone may be doing Rena this year as well, so since Rika is my favorite character I decided to make Rika my Monday cosplay.
Sakuracon 09- A.B.A or S-ko, Subaru, & Sophitia
Kumoricon 09- Guilty Gear, Who knows, & SECRET!!!

THE GUILTY BRIGADE COSPLAY GROUP!
http://www.myspace.com/guilty_brigade

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 05:35:32 pm »
I'm in the process of creating a costume for "Cornelia" (from Code Geass). I have not yet seen any Cornelias (partially because Code Geass is new, but also because Cornelia's outfit includes some rather odd and gravity defying bits -- I may even skip the cloak because I'm not certain I can convince ANY kind of fabric behave that way....   :D

Offline Dustin H

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/dustinph
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 06:28:39 pm »
i am going to try and get together a cos for space butler from excel saga. he's my favorite lesser known character.

he's so ridiculous looking that i have to do it!

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 01:38:05 pm »
Space Butler! XD
&hearts;

tee-hee
I'm going as Hyatt from EXCEL SAGA but mostly everyone knows who she is.

My less known character I really want to cosplay this year is Hidari from Yubisaki Milk Tea :D

Offline Doom Bunny

• Cabbit
    • http://lan.skinned.net/newforums
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 12:02:44 am »
I believe I am still the only person that has cosplayed Caine The Longshot of Trigun to date. I think I win the obscurity award. ;) I also did an MGS3 guard last year.

This year, I'm hitting it up with a YoYo costume from Jet Set Radio Future! :)

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 05:15:46 pm »
i am going to be going as zetsuei from s-cry-ed.
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 09:35:29 pm »
Have you guys ever seen kikaider? My friends are going as mitsuko and Jiro  and I was just wondering how many people are going to recognize them  :D

Jiro (not the robot) : http://users.static.freeblog.hu/d/r/a/dragonsgirl/files/Anime/Kikaider_0.jpg

Mitsuko: http://anime.mikomi.org/images/sized/400/600/591.jpg
-Mikae

Offline stonemonkthewise

• Cabbit
Re: Cosplaying an obscure character? Let people know who!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 03:50:42 am »
I have a few ideas for cosplay but some may or may not work out because of limited time, resources, and current skill level. Here we go, cosplay ideas:
1. 'Ryu' from Breath of Fire 3 (left side tranforming into kaiser with a golden eye and hair, right side still normal with blue eye and hair.)
2. the 'Phantom' from Phantom of the Opera (if the mask conflicts with hotel/ or kumoricon regulations for costumes, then some face paint is in order.)
3. the 'Mad Hatter' from American Mcgee's Alice for PC (an unusual form for the Mad Hatter, but dark/ goth-like/ monsterous)
4. A combination of two different characters such as part rikku and part Sora, or half cloud and half sephiroth, or something else...
5. gothic lolita no wait... GOTHIC SHOUNEN! (Uh... maybe in a dark tux or something melding with lolita style?

Anyone have any comments, thoughts or opinions on these ideas?

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 02:21:24 pm »
I'd go with the Mad Hatter, but that's because I just started playing the game and I think it would be AWESOME! I was thinking of cosplaying Alice earlier this year, but I decided against it since I found someone doing a Higurashi cosplay.
Sakuracon 09- A.B.A or S-ko, Subaru, & Sophitia
Kumoricon 09- Guilty Gear, Who knows, & SECRET!!!

THE GUILTY BRIGADE COSPLAY GROUP!
http://www.myspace.com/guilty_brigade

Offline YumeMegami

• Cabbit
    • http://www.yume-megami.deviantart.com
Re: Cosplaying an obscure character? Let people know who!(pics!)
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 09:04:07 pm »
This is going to be a fun year. I work full time, have only a few hours to do normal stuff everyday, and there's only 1.5 months till the con!!!!!
*has finally turned 18 and must now buy everything from her partially existing money fundz*
The sad thing is, I'm fairly tan now (thanks to 4 years of Band Camp, Tanning Bed for a month, and Hawaii)

Delphine - Last Exile (okay, not really obscure, but not too many people know the series(it's f****n awesome!!)
http://members.cosplay.com/costume/20337/
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v233/yumemegami/?action-view&current=DelphineColorDesign.jpg
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 04:53:38 pm by YumeMegami »
~Yume
<u><b>Kumoricon 2007</b></u>
-Delphine-sama (<i>Last Exile</i>) --> Saturday, Sunday(?), Monday

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007, 04:49:29 pm »
So, I just recently decided on my costume for Kumoricon 2008. I don't usually like to plan this far ahead, but the idea hit me and I like it, heh. So, I'll be going as Azul the Cerulean (Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus). I'm not only sticking with my video game theme, but I'm even staying in the same world. Nice continuity, no?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 11:08:28 pm »
I have never been more jealous of a character gun then as I am right now looking at that pic my jaw dropped as I was chewing gum...
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 06:30:00 am »
ahaha, exactly. I'm not so sure I will make the gun, just cause of the immensity of it. If I do, it will be a mini version; there's no way I'm about to go trouncing through the halls with an 8 foot long gun, lol. It would just be constant bad news, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline fuuwindgoddess

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/orihimeichigo
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 04:19:46 pm »
um well i don't know if this character is obscure or not, but i haven't seen anyone one cosplay as it yet.  Its going to be ren from Erementar Gerad (Elemental Gelade in english)

http://www.erementar-gerad.com/img/gallery/img02.jpg
ICHIGO CUP OF COFFEE!!!

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 08:12:30 pm »
 fuuwindgoddess---------> awww, she's cute! Have fun getting the ribbons to stay in the right spot of her hair, too! :P

EveofAbyss---------->that thing's so massive if you told me 'it is also a car.' I would nod and believe you.

~Raiphin~

Offline fuuwindgoddess

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/orihimeichigo
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 09:36:26 pm »
hahaha i think your right the ribbon is going to be hard to keep on and hhhmmm maybe it could turn into a car lol
ICHIGO CUP OF COFFEE!!!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 09:43:33 pm »
hehe, yeah, if you face the gun one direction, then sit on it backwards and fire it, I beti t would fly like a hover-cycle!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline fuupigy24

• Cabbit
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 01:48:29 am »
IM going as Fuu from samurai champloo Whos with me!!!! lol

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 01:14:38 pm »
Hahaha as always, half of my costumes are obscure characters :<

"Bucking horse" Dino from Katekyo Hitman REBORN!:
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4819/dinopu1.png
Look for the heavily tattooed blonde freak with a wip *lol*

Artbook Bridget - Guilty Gear (The character isnt obscure, the but the art is.)
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4926/ggxxrmm20rj8.jpg
Only I'll be wearing shorts D:! That dress is tooooooo short XD

Windows 2000 (from the OS-tan craze):
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7624/1140270474714fp6.jpg
Although since they are all just fanart, im going to be taking some artistic license, but it will look very much like these.

And more than likely I will be going as Risa Koizumi from Lovely Complex:
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2427/risa2dp9.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9506/risa5xn9.jpg
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 01:33:34 pm by pencil »
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2007, 01:17:27 pm »
And Windows 2000 (from the OS-tan craze):
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7624/1140270474714fp6.jpg
Although since they are all just fanart, im going to be taking some artistic license, but it will look very much like these.

OMG! SQUEEE!
I love all the OS-tans! Please come by the Pocky Club Booth and get your picture taken!

I've been trying to get artists to make a similar schtick with the Pocky flavors because I think Pocky-tan would be awesome for my Club to cosplay!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2007, 01:35:30 pm »

OMG! SQUEEE!
I love all the OS-tans! Please come by the Pocky Club Booth and get your picture taken!

I've been trying to get artists to make a similar schtick with the Pocky flavors because I think Pocky-tan would be awesome for my Club to cosplay!

I deffiantly will~ We will have a big group!
So far we have 2000-tan, Me-tan, XP-tan, possibly a 98-tan, and possibly a 95-tan :D
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2007, 01:51:16 pm »

OMG! SQUEEE!

I deffiantly will~ We will have a big group!
So far we have 2000-tan, Me-tan, XP-tan, possibly a 98-tan, and possibly a 95-tan :D

Sweet!!!  I'd LOVE to do an OS-tan photoshoot!!!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2007, 05:11:57 pm »
OMG.....98......

She's the one that reminded me of a Pocky box and how easy it'd be to make the Pocky-tans. I might have to organize a fan art contest next year. Winners get a giant strawberry pockygram.

This is gonna be so cool.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2007, 05:18:19 pm »

Pocky flavor cosplays... *_____*
Sounds awesome. [starts thinking of costume designs] XD

Offline Penelo

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/technocharm
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 06:56:50 pm »
I'm planning on getting a whole Thousand Arms group going.

The character I'm going as has a VERY small role in the game, as she is basically just one of the girls you date to level up weapons/spells.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2007, 09:07:27 am »
Pocky flavor cosplays... *_____*
Sounds awesome. [starts thinking of costume designs] XD

Hee hee hee, just wait until Christmas, I'll make my big announcement after the general elections for convention officers. I have more than a plan, I have a Grand Scheme.

The last Grand Scheme I had was Pocky Club itself so just bide your time.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline antibishie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.antibishie.com
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2007, 11:24:59 am »
This subject entertains me, so I think I'm going to bumb it for a bit.  I commonly cosplay as obscure things, but at least this year I get to wear a funky hat.  I'll be going as Mr. Zeppeli from the first arc of "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure".  I'll just link to the image since it's kinda big.  My girlfriend will also be wearing a Cooking Mama costume, though I'm not sure that's really that obscure.  *shrugs*
-----
Jeremy Forbes
"You have much YAOI-esque-ness here...!"
http://www.antibishie.com