Author Topic: Cell Phones Companies - Who do you go with?  (Read 4613 times)

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
Cell Phones Companies - Who do you go with?
« on: June 29, 2007, 08:13:18 pm »
I'm looking into getting a new cell phone plan.  I have sprint currently but have not been that satisfied with them.  I was just wondering what all of you out there have coverage wise.  Do you text alot, surf the web or do you use your cell phone mostly for calling?

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 08:22:41 pm »
I have t-mobile and I love them =D  Right now they are doing 1000 minutes for $39.99 and that still includes free nights and weekends so it is pretty cool <3

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:33:09 pm »
What type of phone do you have?  Do you use it mostly as a phone or do you also text?

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 11:12:55 pm »
I've been a Cingular(now AT&T) customer for several years now and I just got my iphone... *sigh* it's love...
It's hard being pinq.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 11:27:18 pm »
Quote from: "jasonqdavis"
What type of phone do you have?  Do you use it mostly as a phone or do you also text?

I have a cherryblossom razr phone that I use for video, text, and pics ^^ I used to have am MP3 phone with them but I got an ipod instead <3

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 12:14:58 am »
Quote from: "PinqFuu"
I've been a Cingular(now AT&T) customer for several years now and I just got my iphone... *sigh* it's love...

I thought about the Iphone... well until I saw how much it was.  But I think even if I had the money like any new technology I would wait a bit.  But I must admit I'm still jealous  :twisted:

The one thing I have the laugh about is I found this great website called www.phonedog.com that has ratings on phones and services.  I checked out all the different carriers.  Each one had the same complaints as other between t-mobile, verizon, spring and cingular and all had close to the same positives by users.  It sure in the end didn't help  :cry:

Well I know I want something that can text and instant message.  I really don't need something for music sense I have an ipod.  But pictures would be nice sense there are always those times you want to take a picture you don't have a camera but I always have my phone.  Well hopefully I few more people will have added some comments by the time I do a little drive by phone shopping  8)

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 12:27:25 am »
I used to be on Verizon..but I switched to T-Mobile as I get way better service with it. Using a Razr currently..thinking of getting something different.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 02:10:53 pm »
I think I might just go with T-Mobile.  It would seem there are horror stories for all of the carriers.  But the nice thing I found with T-Mobile is their Myfav deal where 5 people are unlimited by choice.  So this definetly will save me money.  Plus I would like to get text, instant chat capability.  Though right now I don't have many people I chat with but it would be great to chat with all you here  :D

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 02:41:58 pm »
Quote from: "PinqFuu"

I thought about the Iphone... well until I saw how much it was.  But I think even if I had the money like any new technology I would wait a bit.  But I must admit I'm still jealous  :twisted:

The one thing I have the laugh about is I found this great website called www.phonedog.com that has ratings on phones and services.  I checked out all the different carriers.  Each one had the same complaints as other between t-mobile, verizon, spring and cingular and all had close to the same positives by users.  It sure in the end didn't help  :cry:

Well I know I want something that can text and instant message.  I really don't need something for music sense I have an ipod.  But pictures would be nice sense there are always those times you want to take a picture you don't have a camera but I always have my phone.  Well hopefully I few more people will have added some comments by the time I do a little drive by phone shopping  8)

So true, I used to have the sidekick under tmobile. I disabled the phone service since I still used cingular then. I just used the sidekick to surf the internet, use AIM, take photos, and text message. It was 30 dollars a month *shrug*

As you can tell I'm a big spender on the equipments, but the thing was a deal from amazon.com that had a rebate for the phone after purchase. Of course it never came but we sold the phone for a fraction of the price and broke more or less even in other ways as well...

My still favorite and fondest phone would be Nokia... and I still swear by cingualr. A lot of the providers are the same in quality and service, but sprint sucky :P

g'luck though :3
It's hard being pinq.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 02:59:53 pm »
Ohh I love the new nokia that superjaz got from t-mobile, that phone rocks!

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 03:16:27 pm »
Which phone was that?  I was just looking at the Nokia 5300 Music Express.  That one looks pretty sweet.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 04:12:04 pm »
Which phone was that?  I was just looking at the Nokia 5300 Music Express.  That one looks pretty sweet.

Yeeeah! That's the one!

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 04:33:59 pm »
Well then I will have to joing the SuperJaz club and get one myself.  Now the choices is Lilac or Black hmmmmm.

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 05:37:56 pm »
Oh hey SuperJaz if you are reading this do you like your Nokia 5300 phone?

Ahhhh I was also looking at the Motorola RIZR Z3 that one looks sweet too.  You would think somebody my age would be able to make up ones mind.  I guess I'm still young at heart.  Well maybe just slow in the head  :P

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 02:56:55 pm »
Well I went with the Nokia 5300 - purple with T-Mobile.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 09:38:29 pm »
Well I went with the Nokia 5300 - purple with T-Mobile.

Enjoy =D

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 10:49:37 pm »
Oh I will.  I just was saddened it doesn't work with Itunes but what can you expect when they create an overloaded phone of their own.  I'll just have to start buying my music on cd so I can put it in both formats for my ipod and my phone.  :P

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 01:55:08 pm »
I use T-mobile and their coverage is great. But I've been very disappointed with them otherwise. 15 cents per text message is highway robbery, yet I don't use text messages enough to justify paying $10 for a texting plan (a bunch of cheaper text messages basically.)

I am really looking at Cricket, the one with all the ads on the MAX trains. Their plans allow unlimited minutes and unlimited texting and don't require a contract. ( http://www.mycricket.com/ ) But I don't know if it's worth it to switch yet.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 02:01:27 pm »
I thought of them but being the new kid on the block I didn't really want to work with them.. Also T-Mobile now has a 400 text message plan thats only 4.99

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 02:01:46 pm »
Oh hey SuperJaz if you are reading this do you like your Nokia 5300 phone?

Ahhhh I was also looking at the Motorola RIZR Z3 that one looks sweet too.  You would think somebody my age would be able to make up ones mind.  I guess I'm still young at heart.  Well maybe just slow in the head  :P

i love my phone i can take vids and pics and it has a gig of memory since i got it i dont use my mp3 player so much you can fit about  90 songs
the only thing i'd recomend is somthing over the screen it gets kinda scrachy but thats same for all cells
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 02:04:23 pm »
Oh yeah.  I got it and have to agree its super.  I'm thinking of getting this case for it I saw on t-mobile that can be clipped on your belt or also has an armband so when I go to the gym I can use it.  But yes it is the bomb for me.  Now I just need to get more phone numbers to put in myfav list  :P