Author Topic: Transformers Movie  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
Transformers Movie
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:18:34 am »
Anyone already see it?

I went last night...it was awesome.

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
Transformers Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:53:20 pm »
I went on the 3rd.....was expecting a giant line but it was completly empty until right before the movie

I think it was awesome....... the ending was kind of corny but other than that great.....I plan to go see it again if I can scrap together some cash again
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
Transformers Movie
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 03:44:52 pm »
We had a huge line...totally crowded.

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
Transformers Movie
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 10:48:58 pm »
I saw the midnight showing- I really enjoyed it too! ^_^ it was long though...longer than I expected- but that's not a bad thing
-Mikae

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Transformers Movie
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 01:50:28 am »
I just saw it and really loved it. I only had two problems with it, small problems really. One, there was a lot of subtle patriotisms in there that I did not care to have mingled in my awesome Transformers experience. And two, the focus (in my opinion) should have been Transformers first, people somewhere else later and not first, but the movie did focus too much on the humans for my liking. I watched the movie for the Transformers, not for sappy, cliched human interaction. But other than that, I loved the movie. Just would have liked the Transformer-Human balance to be a bit more tilted towards Transformers instead of the latter.

***Oh yeah! And those of you who have seen it, did you get the uber-mysterious untitled trailer before it, the film by J.J. Abrams, coming out 01-18-2008? What do you guys think about that? Looked mighty intriguing to me!***

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
Transformers Movie
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 10:26:28 am »
yeah i got that one......all of my co-workers keep thinking its a new Godzilla movie.....I'm kind of inclined to agree

I'll definaly be looking forward to more from that
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Transformers Movie
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 01:40:58 pm »
I agree. Too much humans and not enough Megatron or Starscream. And way too much Frenzy. (The little CD-player/cell-phone Decepticon.)
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
Transformers Movie
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 09:54:28 pm »
The trailer for that movie! oh it looks so intense...I was thinking it was godzilla too. not to mention they mention japan in the beginning. That should be such a good movie though, considering the fact that they did such a good job on the trailer. (lol, when that trailer ended in the theater everyone was like "whaaaatt!? no title!!!"

and about the patrionism...I agree, except I like the little "round me up some ho hos bit they threw in there"
-Mikae

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Transformers Movie
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 11:59:11 pm »
Quote from: "BoredHorror"
The trailer for that movie! oh it looks so intense...I was thinking it was godzilla too. not to mention they mention japan in the beginning. That should be such a good movie though, considering the fact that they did such a good job on the trailer. (lol, when that trailer ended in the theater everyone was like "whaaaatt!? no title!!!"

and about the patrionism...I agree, except I like the little "round me up some ho hos bit they threw in there"

haha, yeah. It was a nice, subtle suggestion of who the president was/is currently. The political satire cannot be escaped!

And yeah, that trailer perplexed our theater crowd too. I did immediately think Godzilla, cause it sounds just like it, but I read something that was pretty interesting. Apparently, no film company has bought the rights to Godzilla from the original Japanese company recently, so there is no record of a new Godzilla movie. But still, did seem a lot like Godzilla, though to be honest....I hope it isn't. I diggg Godzilla big time, but on the list of possibilities for this film, Godzilla is not very high. There are so many other things I would rather see, something new, a new creature, or a creature that has not been in tons of films already. I just think there is so much potential out there still untapped, and remaking a film (again) is somewhat a waste. (Just check out H.P. Lovecraft for prime examples of crazy, intensely unique entities). But, criticism aside, the trailer looks sweet and I can't wait to hear more about it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Transformers Movie
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 12:39:59 am »
By every intent, meaning, feeling, emotion, and idea intended, I'll sum the movie up in a single word.

Love.

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Ichiro (Nerima Daikon Brothers)
Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)
Possibly more...

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
Transformers Movie
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 12:54:14 am »
From somebody who was a young kid when the toys and cartoons were out.  This movie rocked.  I would agree with what somebody else had said and that the movie had more transformers in it and less human but hey all in all I really like it.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Transformers Movie
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 10:25:16 am »
Quote from: "EveofAbyss"

***Oh yeah! And those of you who have seen it, did you get the uber-mysterious untitled trailer before it, the film by J.J. Abrams, coming out 01-18-2008? What do you guys think about that? Looked mighty intriguing to me!***

http://www.1-18-08.com/

apparently this is the website for the trailer  or I guess some sorta more cyptic hint stuff

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Transformers Movie
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 10:31:36 am »
Yeah, you decode the puzzles and you get little clips of data, more "home video" type footage. I decoded the puzzle, but unfortunately had a lot of loud stuff going on around me and couldn't hear what was being said. Bugs!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Transformers Movie
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 12:20:44 pm »
ACk! I've gone all throughout the source and every link in that source, and messaged around with the flash up and down, but I can't figure out how to progress the puzzle.
'My complete disbelief in this reality is the one thing keeping me from going insane' - old motto

'My old motto has failed me! Reality intrudes! Prepare for insanity!' -new motto

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Transformers Movie
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 12:55:59 pm »
http://www.1-18-08.com/

Like I said last night at the theater.

Mwahahahahahahaha!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
Transformers Movie
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 01:31:58 pm »
Ok I so don't get what your supposed to do with those photos.  I guess I will full with them a little more.

Offline Dizzy_Kat

• Cabbit
Transformers Movie
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 01:43:49 pm »
I really enjoyed the movie, It made me wish I'd seen a little more of Transformers when I was younger, I had a couple toys and watched the series off and on but that was about it.
I'm going to check out that site, Eternal Yamcha and I are also curious about it.
Marceline the Vampire Queen