Linked Events

• Harry Potter book 7 comes out!: July 21, 2007

Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows July 21st release party at Powell's  (Read 7232 times)

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
There will be release parties all over for this but the biggest one is probably going to be at Powell's downtown. I'm planning on being there. Meg needs her fix.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Hmmm.... I'm not sure how I'd get home if I went to Powell's but it would be a much cooler place to be than our Borders on Cedar Hills Blvd.

Let's see....that's a vampire night, maybe I can convince one of my players to come with me..... yes....

Failing that, anybody from Beaverton wanna go to Powell's that night and give me a lift home once we have our books?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
i know what borders is doing i will get a free glow in dark wand what is powells doing?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
http://www.powells.com/potterparty/ 

Don't be a Potter Party Pooper. They're going to have it downtown, Hawthorne, and for Tom, Cedar Hills Crossing.

This may be more of a thing to drive up, for all of the south valley types.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
i will be going to 2 comparable events in eugene, one at borders for a costume contest and one at b. dalton where i actually ordered my copy
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Dont forget every one to get lots of pictures of the book store cleark ladies dressed as Myrtle
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
How was it? Or any of the other parties?
I was working an overnight shift, which meant I was actually getting paid overtime to take my developmentally disabled client (himself actually an HP fan) to a the B. Dalton party at Gateway....it was actually a lot of fun. I was in the "HP Idol" contest (we had to sing the "Hoggy Warty Hogwarts Song"), costume contest (Aragog on rollerskates again), we got to decorate wands, they had classes (albeit aimed at kids, they were cool), trivia contests, scavenger hunt, photo booth, a sorting hat & house competitions, and for divination class they had 2 lines for folks to get tea leaves, crystal ball, tarot, numerology, or palm readings. the only one who knew what they were doing at all was the palm reader, amateur but sincere and pretty good.  the other girl did not know anything about tarot, was actually just at teen from the mall, and i actually ended up doing 3 readings at her table (since i've actually read tarot irl). I had wanted to go to Books Without Borders for the fan films and the Lord Leebrick Theatre actors, and/or to Borders for the Snape Debate and Friend or Foe vote (I would have been on the "friend" side). But those would have gone *whoosh* over the head of my client, so we went to the kid-oriented one. And it was fun!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
I've read to about page 300, and let me tell you it's a page-turner! All of the HP books so far have been anchored at Hogwarts; this one goes all over. I'd love to keep reading, but I've been doing so all day, as you might be able to tell. ::)

Dont forget every one to get lots of pictures of the book store cleark ladies dressed as Myrtle

From the looks of it, I doubt Myrtle's going to make an appearance in this book....
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
we went to a borders and i made a witchy hat that said "muggle power!" on one side and "lupin is my tharapist" on the other
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Powells in Beaverton had Gilderoy Flockheart signing autographs for his new book "A Year At Powells". I got sorted into Hufflepuff. I wore my Pocky Helmet and passed out Kumoricon fliers. It was fun.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Powells in Beaverton had Gilderoy Flockheart signing autographs for his new book "A Year At Powells". I got sorted into Hufflepuff. I wore my Pocky Helmet and passed out Kumoricon fliers. It was fun.

Hmm, I'd like to have a formal hat sorting. I've taken some online tests, but they shuffle people into Gryffindor more often than not, because it has all the best personality traits assigned to it.

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl

Hmm, I'd like to have a formal hat sorting. I've taken some online tests, but they shuffle people into Gryffindor more often than not, because it has all the best personality traits assigned to it.

Send me a link?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Send me a link?

I took OKCupid's test. I'm not sure it's among the best out there, but I can usually find good (and sometimes REALLY good) tests on OKCupid. This is because lots of their members are college psychology majors and graduates. ;)

Here's the Sorting Hat test.

As for me, as I implied, I got Gryffindor.  However, I think I did something to earn it, because I scored higher in the Gryffindor category than 94% of the people who took the test. Go figure!

Rem, just as a hunch, I'm guessing you're Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 06:17:33 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Send me a link?

I took OKCupid's test. I'm not sure it's among the best out there, but I can usually find good (and sometimes REALLY good) tests on OKCupid. This is because lots of their members are college psychology majors and graduates. ;)

As for me, as I implied, I got Gryffindor.  However, I think I did something to earn it, because I scored higher in the Gryffindor category than 94% of the people who took the test. Go figure!

Why?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Why?

Because you're studious, dedicated, and hard-working.

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
thanks

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
did you folks see my sister there? My dad tells me she even made it to the news. Whee haw! lol oy.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows July 21st release party at Powell's
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 12:25:07 am »
Send me a link?

Ha ha, I got 40% Slytherin, 28% Ravenclaw, 32% Gryffindor, and 24% Hufflepuff!

Offline Malachi_Lestat

• Cabbit
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mrsheeroyuy
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows July 21st release party at Powell's
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 08:25:54 pm »
Send me a link?

Ha ha, I got 40% Slytherin, 28% Ravenclaw, 32% Gryffindor, and 24% Hufflepuff!

*dances* we're in Slytherin together! I got 52% Slytherin.