Author Topic: Schedule and Minor Curfew Questions PLUS SUGGESTION  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Schedule and Minor Curfew Questions PLUS SUGGESTION
« on: August 24, 2007, 12:38:07 am »
I'm not responding to this thread anymore.
Night all!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 01:12:09 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: Schedule and Minor Curfew Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:37:04 am »
And it says your curfew is midnight if you're 17 and younger, what if you're 17 and have a 21 year old sister with you? I wanna dance the whole time.... T.T
Sorry, but unfortunately, you cannot stay in convention space after curfew even with a guardian. This is a policy change this year. The problem with the old policy is it wasn't really enforceable.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 03:03:10 am »
ugh.... ><
*thinks to self last year as con minor*

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 09:30:06 am »
The Yaoi debate panel will be a chance to prep for the Yaoi debate (the Anti-Yaoi's have their own prep time as well).

I don't know what the Drabbles are (fanfic probably?), but the Capture the Barrel will run all weekend, starting around Opening Cermonies, I believe, and the Cosplay Scavenger Hunt will be on Monday - we will have more info posted at Info Booth at con.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 07:35:52 pm »
Thank you
I cant go to Yaoi Debate anyway now though if I wanna dance. :(

SUGGESTION:
And its too late for this year, but to save 17 and 16 year olds who are responsible enough to be out late next year, on the underage form you could have a name for a "curfew guardian" and then on the minors badge print the name of the overage person the minor has to be with after curfew. That way when you see a minor walking down the halls after hour you can be sure the person they are with is the one responsible for them, ect.

Its just kinda weird at 14, 15, and 16 I could stay out as long as I wanted with my sister, and at 17, I can't. But at the same time I understand, hope my idea above works.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:49:02 pm by kimiski »

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: Schedule and Minor Curfew Questions PLUS SUGGESTION
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 11:32:37 am »
The guardian thing has just caused far too many headaches for the yojimbo, especially since most of the major emergencies and problems that get kids in trouble tend to happen late it's better for the convention itself to just close itself off to the younger attendees during those hours.

However, depending on the location next year maybe staff can be convinced to create an "All Ages" area of the convention that is open after curfew. I think the dance and the viewing rooms are the only all ages events after midnight anyway.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 11:55:02 pm »
The guardian thing has just caused far too many headaches for the yojimbo, especially since most of the major emergencies and problems that get kids in trouble tend to happen late it's better for the convention itself to just close itself off to the younger attendees during those hours.

However, depending on the location next year maybe staff can be convinced to create an "All Ages" area of the convention that is open after curfew. I think the dance and the viewing rooms are the only all ages events after midnight anyway.

Dance 1, Dance 2, Viewing, Yaoi Panel, Open Sumo, Open Mic, Late-Night gaming tournament, Death Note Live action movie 2, Open Go Session, Con flirting guide, fanfiction bedtime stories, Sailor Moon Slumber Party, and Midnight Snacks with Nekopan Bakery all operate after midnight. :/

8 of which I was planning to drop into.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:00:30 am by kimiski »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 09:53:57 am »
gomen sad thing is that all it takes is one 16 year old hopped up on suger and caffiee yelling and running up and down the hallways when peeps are trying to sleep, to ruin it for everybody
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 11:02:11 am »
Dance 1, Dance 2, Viewing, Yaoi Panel, Open Sumo, Open Mic, Late-Night gaming tournament, Death Note Live action movie 2, Open Go Session, Con flirting guide, fanfiction bedtime stories, Sailor Moon Slumber Party, and Midnight Snacks with Nekopan Bakery all operate after midnight. :/

8 of which I was planning to drop into.

Yes very good, you found all the things after midnight THIS YEAR. I was talking about events that are guaranteed to be going on next year, as in they ALWAYS run all ages and after midnight. I'll humor your claims though.

Dance 1 and 2 are both open before midnight (10 and 11 respectively)
Viewing, There always going to be things in viewing after hours, theoretically the late shows will be ones you don't want little kids wandering into.
Yaoi Panel, The actual Yaoi Debate itself is at 12:30, You can still help your side construct its arguments at the Pro or Con panels at 11pm.
Open Sumo, Starts at 11pm
Open Mic, Starts at 10:30pm
Late-Night gaming tournament, a random event that will be decided upon at that time.
Death Note Live action movie 2 starts at 11:30; but you do get to see the entirety of the first movie
Open Go Session, Starts at 11pm, I belive that you could convince a yojimbo to let you finish your game.
Con flirting guide, was placed at midnight specifically to avoid the teen audience.Hence the panel is designed for older attendees anyway.
Fanfiction bedtime stories begins at 9:30, and most of the event after midnight is 18+ anyway.
Sailor Moon Slumber Party starts at 9:30 and really only exists due to tradition.
Midnight Snacks with Nekopan Bakery is the one you can blame me for. The Nekopan girls are more fun when they don't have to watch their language and subject matter.

So there are only a couple of events that you will be completely cut off from. I don't think that it would be worth it to watch just half an hour of the Death Note movie so I won't count that of course.

Honestly, do you think anyone can go to every panel in the convention? You've been cut off from 8 hours of Programming because you have less than 12 months until you are 18. Your complaint has been noted and accounted for.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 12:01:31 pm »
Wow, Tom! You mean to tell me that 17-year-old attendees actually can attend every event except those intentionally limited to adults only?
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 12:08:48 pm »
*enter infomercial studio "oohs" and "aahs" then applause*

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 02:50:31 pm »
Aw. I wanted to go to the midnight snacks thing.
It will be so nice next year when I can be completely free of this curfew business.
I understand how it's to keep the kiddies out of trouble, but it's frustrating for those of us who are SO CLOSE to adulthood. Everything is just inches away from our grasp.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 12:55:26 am »
Aw. I wanted to go to the midnight snacks thing.
It will be so nice next year when I can be completely free of this curfew business.
I understand how it's to keep the kiddies out of trouble, but it's frustrating for those of us who are SO CLOSE to adulthood. Everything is just inches away from our grasp.

YES.
If anything, there could be a parent signature allowing their "kids" to stay out after midnight or something if they are 15-17. *shrug* I mean, this is all just about the con not wanting any liability right? What kind of 17 year old hasn't heard dirty language an 18 year old has? High School age in general really.

I am aware of the times things start and I am also aware you were talking about next year, I'm talking about this year, I don't care about next year as much, cause by then I will be 18. Even though I will still think it unfair for those younger than me. I simply listed ALL events that run OVER midnight.
And I actually would be a person who would sit through half a death note movie. And yeah If people do what I do they can attend almost every panel. At least all the panels they want to, there are some I really don't care about. Like going to the dance for a bit, heading over to the SM slumber party, and then to Yaoi debate which I was originally going to do. Which is the whole reason I brought this us.

But whatever.

All I tried to do was suggest another way around it cause it's not fair, and yeah the world's not fair blah... but I feel I've been attacked so whatever. I don't wanna argue anymore cause nothing will change anyway and certain people are making me feel like an idiot with an opinion that doesn't mean squat. Tell I'm 18 of course though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 01:19:51 am by kimiski »