Author Topic: Turk Coffee: Feedback  (Read 22464 times)

Offline SephiChan

• Sailor Scout
Turk Coffee: Feedback
« on: September 03, 2007, 09:21:05 pm »
Okay, so I know our other thread is still pretty active, but the group wanted to start a thread specifically to get feedback about our maddess at the convention!
We'd like to know, honestly, what everyone thought of the things we did at the convention, what you guys might like to see in the future, and so on. Basically, like the subject says, feedback!
Here's a quick rundown of the things we did:

-Had a Gold Saucer gondola photo set put up near gaming all day Saturday for cosplayers to take photos in.
-Handed out gift bags of coffee/espresso beans.
-Handed out gil.
-Ran an in-group competition collecting gil to see which group member would be covered in silly string Monday (today), which ended up being Rude.
-Did the covering of Rude in silly string in the park.
-Played in Cosplay Chess (one of our Rufuses was white's chess master, and I was a black pawn).
-Played at the FF/KH photoshoot Sunday morning.

Yes, some of those things were more events that we participated in, but still.
<3 We loved the time we spent at the con and the people that appreciated our work on the coffee, gil, costumes, etc. We met a ton of people and enjoyed every minute of it.

So now we'd like to hear from you.  ;D

Offline SkylarTheAizen

• Cabbit
Re: Turk Coffee: Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 09:24:33 pm »
You guys were perfect as far as I could tell.

Maybe at sakuracon... Rude could try being a little less intimidating when he's OOC...
But I digress... You were the highlight of my Kumoricon, and I just want to say thanks!

"He's like a kitten... minus the fur... or any of the other cat stuff."

Plans for Sakuracon and Kumoricon '08

Cloud Strife -Advent Children
Loz -Advent Children
Squall-

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:35:09 pm »
rude? intimadating? that was just his character...and my friends and I talked to him for quite a bit and he was really nice

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here too:

you guys are awesome. lol cosplay chess was hilarious and when rude walked in the lobby all silly stringed I was like "hey rude, looking sharp!"

haha, anyway, keep up the silly antics because you guys rock! and the coffee candies you gave out are delicious

all I can suggest for next year is have a skit :) I missed not seeing one of your funny skits performed
-Mikae

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 09:39:15 pm »
I didn't get you guys myself, but my roommate, the photographer Darkain, told me some great stuff about you guys. I hope to see you guys at Sakura-Con.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 09:53:21 pm »
(oh and I loved how your hotel room door was decorated)
-Mikae

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 09:54:55 pm »
i wanted some turk coffe so i could taste the elimination of compitition....
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 10:05:33 pm »
Maybe at sakuracon... Rude could try being a little less intimidating when he's OOC...

I was OOC?  ;)

I tend to come off as slightly less than going to stab you... right then... Until you engage my chat functions while OOC. Part of why I play the character so well. I won't kill you though, look at that face. Kittens love that face!

Offline SkylarTheAizen

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 10:08:40 pm »
Just the look of total Malcontent... Good work though!
I just didn't want to approach you out of fear.
When I walked up to you at the rave on sunday night, and told you that you were the scariest person I'd ever met, I thought that I would flinch at the slightest movement, haha.

Loz -Advent Children
Squall-

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 10:11:00 pm »
When I walked up to you at the rave on sunday night, and told you that you were the scariest person I'd ever met, I thought that I would flinch at the slightest movement, haha.

Awww... but he's just a big teddy bear!! Well... unless you get him mad...XD And I know I wasn't fully part of it all, but from what I saw when yall were just in line, to everything... It was GREAT!

Honestly, I was kinda scared comming up to you and like... interacting because I'm odd like that.  :-X
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 10:14:36 pm »

Heh, well you arn't a baby so I can't eat you. Guess that makes you safe for now. *pout* stupid me and forgetting my socks so I couldn't dance like I wanted to at the rave.

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 10:16:52 pm »

Awww... but he's just a big teddy bear!! Well... unless you get him mad...XD And I know I wasn't fully part of it all, but from what I saw when yall were just in line, to everything... It was GREAT!

Honestly, I was kinda scared comming up to you and like... interacting because I'm odd like that.  :-X

We'll be needing a back history from you at some point. ;) Got to give some depth to the Turks after all, since they won't release BC on my phone. I hate how US phone companies act over phones. Still not willing to admit the marketing potential in phone games. *pats phone game programmer on head* It's ok Mr. Dev, BREW won't hate you forever.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 10:19:16 pm »
i have more gill then real cash O_o
got a bag o'beans and cofee
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline SkylarTheAizen

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 10:19:34 pm »

Heh, well you arn't a baby so I can't eat you. Guess that makes you safe for now. *pout* stupid me and forgetting my socks so I couldn't dance like I wanted to at the rave.

Hah.
I tried avoiding you a little bit near the end of the con, right around the last 20 minutes or so. I figured I was being annoying, and I was trying to keep from getting on Rude's last nerve...I did a lot of pointing instead saying "Look it's the turks! OMG"  but I did get to chat with Reno and Tseng(Don't know their real names.) near the end, and got some more Shinra Fun Bucks!

Loz -Advent Children
Squall-

Offline Aliet_Faslami

• Oni
    • AF's DA Page
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 10:20:13 pm »
You guys made my con.  I opened the coffee, saw the gil, and fell on my ass laughing.  Now that I know what it was intended for, it's slightly less funny.  But still. 

You also made our friend Aeris' con--props to Rude for the jacket-flower!--so thank you so much for that!  Hope to see you guys at Sakuracon!
Not short.  Vertically Challenged.

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 10:28:18 pm »
You also made our friend Aeris' con--props to Rude for the jacket-flower!--so thank you so much for that!  Hope to see you guys at Sakuracon!

What can I say, outside is all business... But everyone has to feel a little pretty on the inside now and again. ;) Danke for the flower. Glad you had so much fun.

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 10:39:57 pm »

We'll be needing a back history from you at some point. ;) Got to give some depth to the Turks after all, since they won't release BC on my phone. I hate how US phone companies act over phones. Still not willing to admit the marketing potential in phone games. *pats phone game programmer on head* It's ok Mr. Dev, BREW won't hate you forever.

Ha, alright. Just tell me to who I send it too and all that fun jazz. I can come up with something here whenever ya need it. And thanks for those dance tips too back on Sat... it was well worth the 'helium voice' that I have now. (excuse the crappy spelling and such.)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 01:44:41 am »
*SCREAMS* I LOVE THE GILL!!!!!  My friend who was cosplaying elena and I, both have it in our wallets, Lol we are what you might call overly obbsessed with anything and everything that has to do with Final Fantasy.

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 02:34:01 am »
you guys were amazing and made the con so much fun to enjoy. The only thing i could think of is doing another funny skit next year!

Rude may look tough but really he is a softy lol (except when he head butts people)
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 02:51:18 am »
As everyone else has said, I loved what you guys did at the Con. The gil idea was pure genius, satisfying the secret Final Fantasy-to-reality urges within all of us, I'm sure. ^_^ I unfortunately missed out on the gondola shooting, but everything else I saw and experiences just left me elated. Great work, Turks!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline SephiChan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 03:48:18 am »
Thanks for all the responses so far, guys!
Apparently, the forums decided not to email me with replies, so I'm fixing that now. XD

We SHOULD have more gil for Sakura Con--we've got a ton left over anyhow from what I could tell. I'm glad you guys liked it!
The Merchant really SHOULD have gotten some coffee. Unfortunatly, we only had enough of that to distribute to a small portion of the con. Mostly at the FF photoshoot.
We'd love to do a skit for Sakura Con too, and fully plan on it. Things just fell through for this con because of everyones' crazy vacation schedules. We tried to put something together last-minute, but it didn't work out because... it was last-minute. ^^;

The gondola didn't work out as well as we'd hoped, but we'll definately figure out something to do with it at Sakura Con since it took so much work to build.

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 02:49:24 pm »
You guys were awesome! Big kudos, definitely.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 03:28:45 pm »
 You guys were the best! It is my dream to have a cosply gorup who is as epically win as yours.

Really, I think having more interactive cosplay groups like yours would make every convention a lot mroe fun.

Its obvious you guys put a LOT of effort into entertaining the masses (still looking cool while doing so) and you were all so awesome at the cosplay chess "I quit' HA!" One of these days I will get teh courage to tel lByakuya that.
 I love you guys. Keep up the good work and Reno maybe one day you will get that promotion! XD

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 04:32:45 pm »
You guys were awesome, It was a pleasure being "killed" by you at cosplay chess. I was Martel.

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 05:20:08 pm »
You guys were awesome, It was a pleasure being "killed" by you at cosplay chess. I was Martel.

Heh, well you are certainly welcome. Turks doing what we do best and all.  8)

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 08:09:28 pm »
I'm pretty sure you guys were the ones that brought the goodies up to ops on Friday night for us staffers, right? If so that was pretty much awesome of you.

Though that was about all the interaction I had with you, at least at Kcon. Hoping you guys have a chance to do a skit again for Sakura-con, as I definitely enjoyed the Sakura-con one this year ^-^
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Kylana

• Oni
    • Turk Coffee Cosplay
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 08:54:24 pm »
I'm pretty sure you guys were the ones that brought the goodies up to ops on Friday night for us staffers, right? If so that was pretty much awesome of you.

Though that was about all the interaction I had with you, at least at Kcon. Hoping you guys have a chance to do a skit again for Sakura-con, as I definitely enjoyed the Sakura-con one this year ^-^

Yeah.  That'd be us.  Glad that you guys enjoyed it.

As for the skit, I'm pretty sure we plan on doing one this year as well. :D

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 09:17:24 pm »

You pretty much made Brownie's day with that stuff. I told her where it came from and she got pretty excited about it ^-^
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Kylana

• Oni
    • Turk Coffee Cosplay
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 09:30:15 pm »

You pretty much made Brownie's day with that stuff. I told her where it came from and she got pretty excited about it ^-^

Is brownie the girl with braids?
Sorry I don't know names very well.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 09:40:15 pm »
Yeah, that's Brownie, the ops director. Or if you went to closing ceremonies, the one they pulled up on stage from the crowd with the blue hair.

Offline Kylana

• Oni
    • Turk Coffee Cosplay
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 09:43:51 pm »
Yeah, that's Brownie, the ops director. Or if you went to closing ceremonies, the one they pulled up on stage from the crowd with the blue hair.

Sadly I ended up missing that.  We were all ravenous for food by that point.

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 11:32:22 pm »
I will never forget doing the hokey pokey with the Turks while waiting for cosplay chess to start. (I was Temari BTW) Oh and my parents love your coffee, lmao.
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline SephiChan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 11:35:00 pm »
I will never forget doing the hokey pokey with the Turks while waiting for cosplay chess to start. (I was Temari BTW) Oh and my parents love your coffee, lmao.

The Hokey Pokey was the best.
Hey, we got bored. XD
Glad your parents like the coffee!

Offline banana_pants

• Oni
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 07:55:31 am »
i was there as the ( mean ) happy L at kumoricon. xD i was jumping/skipping/running around everywhere, and a girl caught me kissing another L on her cam.
i want that picture. D<

Offline Tinkeu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 08:19:09 am »
Oh man^_^ Rude, you're an awesome character... I was just a random person who hugged you and ran off immediately^^;;; I'm usually not that shy, but man... you pull off the Rude character so well, it's hard not to be^_^ But props to you all!! It was awesome having you guys at the con! And Tseng, you're like the best Tseng I've seen so far^_^ Props to you!

*spaz*^^
K-con 05-Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
K-con 06-Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII
k-con 07/08-Papparazi!
K-con 09-Tsukasa Amou, Juvenile Orion
             Turk Vincent, Final Fantasy VII
             OroKabuto, Naruto?

Offline Airika

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 12:29:28 pm »
I loved you guys!
I saved my coffee bag lol, can't wait too see more of you guys at Sakura-con 08 X3
Sakura-con 05-07. Anime Expo 07. Anime Evolution 07. Penny Arcade Expo 07. What's next!?

Myspace YAY: www.myspace.com/ringytheperv

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 01:24:42 pm »
I loved you guys!
I saved my coffee bag lol, can't wait too see more of you guys at Sakura-con 08 X3

heh just don't forget that coffee can go bleh if you don't use it. Must say one of my fav pics I have yet found is you and kakashi doing 1000 years of pain.

Offline darkain

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 06:14:03 pm »

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 06:17:19 pm »

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 10:19:30 pm »
Ok I have a question for Reno. What wig did you use? Or how did you make the wig do what you wanted? 'Cause I'm make a costume for a character with a similar hairstyle and was stumped by the hair.

Offline SephiChan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 10:33:29 pm »
Ah! Darkain! You're my hero. <3

Offline patentrenosmirk

• Cabbit
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 01:52:34 pm »
Ok I have a question for Reno. What wig did you use? Or how did you make the wig do what you wanted? 'Cause I'm make a costume for a character with a similar hairstyle and was stumped by the hair.

I actually went to lots of different wig stores in the area found a nice quality Punk Rocker Mullet wig.  You have to be careful when buying these punk rocker wigs because some of the cheaper ones sew the wefts of hair so they will only lay a certain direction, which could be part of your problem.  The wig I currently use has nice mailable hair fibers, so its easier to bend them to my will.  As for styling, I just use hair spray and hair wax.  It takes a long time cause I piece out each section individually and then tease and twist the crap out of it.  Once the spikes are in place, I hang in wig upside down, fluff it gently for lift, then add more hair spray.  I usually swing it about as it's drying too, just to give it that organized messy look. 

Also, on a side note, I dont style my wigs so that they stay forever.  After each convention I wash and condition my wig, giving it lots of tender love and care.  That's the main reason it looks so good after so many conventions. 

I hope this answered your question.  If not, let me know.  I am more then willing to share my knowledge with fellow cosplayers. 

See ya all later, yo!

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2007, 02:29:15 pm »

I actually went to lots of different wig stores in the area found a nice quality Punk Rocker Mullet wig.  You have to be careful when buying these punk rocker wigs because some of the cheaper ones sew the wefts of hair so they will only lay a certain direction, which could be part of your problem.  The wig I currently use has nice mailable hair fibers, so its easier to bend them to my will.  As for styling, I just use hair spray and hair wax.  It takes a long time cause I piece out each section individually and then tease and twist the crap out of it.  Once the spikes are in place, I hang in wig upside down, fluff it gently for lift, then add more hair spray.  I usually swing it about as it's drying too, just to give it that organized messy look. 

Also, on a side note, I dont style my wigs so that they stay forever.  After each convention I wash and condition my wig, giving it lots of tender love and care.  That's the main reason it looks so good after so many conventions. 

I hope this answered your question.  If not, let me know.  I am more then willing to share my knowledge with fellow cosplayers. 

See ya all later, yo!

Yeah that actually did help, now I need to look for wigs. At least I have several months to get this together.

Offline patentrenosmirk

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2007, 05:26:18 pm »

See ya all later, yo!

Yeah that actually did help, now I need to look for wigs. At least I have several months to get this together.

Yay for being of some use!  *does a little dance*  Just let me know if you need any more help.  I'm willing to spew forth pointers whenever you need them.  Something should be of use.  *wink wink*

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2007, 05:59:24 pm »

See ya all later, yo!

Yay for being of some use!  *does a little dance*  Just let me know if you need any more help.  I'm willing to spew forth pointers whenever you need them.  Something should be of use.  *wink wink*

*tear* why doesn't anyone ask for help on being bald?

Offline Kylana

• Oni
    • Turk Coffee Cosplay
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2007, 07:36:25 pm »

See ya all later, yo!

:P
Because I'm sure most people can figure out how to get bald a lot easier then styling a wig. 

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2007, 07:48:52 pm »

See ya all later, yo!

Because I'm sure most people can figure out how to get bald a lot easier then styling a wig. 
Or which wig to buy for that matter. Well I would ask if you used a bald cap rather than shaving, as I like my hair but there some cosplays I might do that require a bald head.

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2007, 01:43:38 pm »

See ya all later, yo!

Or which wig to buy for that matter. Well I would ask if you used a bald cap rather than shaving, as I like my hair but there some cosplays I might do that require a bald head.

Luckily, we don't have a Female Rude yet.. as my friend whom I went to the con with hasn't gotten ahold of any razors or sissors.... *sigh of happiness*

and Rude, it's alright, we love you as your bald self... Your the one and only, as is My Faviourt Reno, Tseng, and Elena and the Big Boss Man! <3

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2007, 05:41:15 pm »
Are you guys going to bring gill again next year? That was TOO AWSOME!!!! How did you doo that?? Did you print it out yourselves? thats amazing!!!

--- Suggestion for next year

-- There is one scean in advent children where Reno and Rude are holding homemade bombs. Reno and rude should do that scean (with fake bombs of course) I Love that scene!!! Rude is so cool in that one,
Reno- this thing here.....got any bite to it?
Rude- shinra technology at its finest.
Reno- oh so you made this.
Rude- At the very least its..... Flashy
Reno- well looks like we're clockin out early.

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 07:38:15 pm »
Are you guys going to bring gill again next year? That was TOO AWSOME!!!! How did you doo that?? Did you print it out yourselves? thats amazing!!!

-- There is one scean in advent children where Reno and Rude are holding homemade bombs. Reno and rude should do that scean (with fake bombs of course) I Love that scene!!! Rude is so cool in that one,

I ran just short of time to make them this year. But I do like my exploding toys.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2007, 08:00:41 pm »

I ran just short of time to make them this year. But I do like my exploding toys.

Well they turned out really good! when we got back ppl asked us where to by it. (gill)

Yayy!!! You like that scene? Whats your favorite Reno and Rude moment?