Author Topic: So...Who are you going as for K-Con '08?  (Read 52584 times)

Offline ~Marluxia~

• Oni
Re: So...Who are you going as for K-Con '08?
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2007, 09:25:51 am »
I'm Going as Either Faust VIII or Battle ready Yoh from shaman king, and Lexaeus with the Hammer weapon thing.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2007, 09:39:19 am »
^^  YAYYYYY FELLO FINAL FANTASY PEOPLE!!!!!

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2007, 12:48:21 pm »
If it works out really well in Sakuracon, Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean. Not exactly anime, but conventions give me great reasons to make wacked out costumes.

Would anyone kill me if I did that do you think? Kinda weird going to an anime convention in a distinctly un-anime outfit.

You = AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline kyattsuai

• Cabbit
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2007, 07:08:41 pm »
Well since I don't see anyone cosplay him much I plan to go as Kira Izuru from bleach. :3 I hope to get a really good cosplay of him going. Going to Sakura con too. I don't know by next years Kumoricon I might have something else ready.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:19:46 pm by kyattsuai »

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2007, 11:33:42 pm »
I at least know my friends and I are doing older school stuff. We're doing a Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura group at Sakura Con. I'd really love to get them to do a Mermaid Forest group, but nobody but me seems even aware of that series. Which is a shame, because the manga contains some of her best work, in my opinion. (Unless you're reading Fire Tripper or Laughing Target, which are both fantastic and proof that Takahashi can tell an awesome story in a couple chapters or less. Maison Ikkoku would probably be next after Mermaid, from her long-running series.) I'm still doing Rin from Mermaid, regardless of whether I have a group or not. She's just too awesome of a character. I hope I can at least get a Yuta...

*nods*  I agree that Mermaid Forest is among her best works, up there with the two short stories you mentioned.  Her horror stuff really is awesome, although her humor is of course also well done.  Again, I love it, but there's no one from that I'd really feel like cosplaying...I'll have to find my version of it and reread it, though.  I have the old printing, which is three volumes, while the new printing is four...do you know if there is more content in the new one, or if they just spread it out differently?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2007, 08:40:22 am »
Bridget v 3.0- Guilty Gear
If I get my artwork Bridget done for Sak I'll probably bring it to K-con as well
Mirelle- Noir
Ayane- Dead or Alive

Whoo I have stuff lined up already XD
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2007, 08:14:02 pm »
*nods*  I agree that Mermaid Forest is among her best works, up there with the two short stories you mentioned.  Her horror stuff really is awesome, although her humor is of course also well done.  Again, I love it, but there's no one from that I'd really feel like cosplaying...I'll have to find my version of it and reread it, though.  I have the old printing, which is three volumes, while the new printing is four...do you know if there is more content in the new one, or if they just spread it out differently?

It's been a long time since I read the old version...just finished collecting the new editions...so I can't say for certain. I do know that that's all she ever did for the Mermaid Saga. It's possible they dropped a few chapters in the old printing. What I want to find are the Rumic World stories, Rumic Theater and Rumic Trilogy. I've only ever found the old-style editions at the library, never in a bookstore. I'd like to know if they plan on re-releasing them like they did her other works. May just have to order straight from Viz's site. Same probably goes for if I ever try to buy the Urusei Yatsura manga. "Wasted Minds" is also an awesome story if you're looking for straight-up humor.

Since we're getting a little off-topic, I believe I'm going to start a thread for Takahashi cosplay. Anyone who's interested, please join me over there. ^_^ And sorry for the clutter.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl
Wig fanatic, props junkie, fabric snob, cosplay addict

Smile smile!

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2007, 12:39:25 am »

It's been a long time since I read the old version...just finished collecting the new editions...so I can't say for certain. I do know that that's all she ever did for the Mermaid Saga. It's possible they dropped a few chapters in the old printing. What I want to find are the Rumic World stories, Rumic Theater and Rumic Trilogy. I've only ever found the old-style editions at the library, never in a bookstore. I'd like to know if they plan on re-releasing them like they did her other works. May just have to order straight from Viz's site. Same probably goes for if I ever try to buy the Urusei Yatsura manga. "Wasted Minds" is also an awesome story if you're looking for straight-up humor.

They really should re-release them!  I put alot of energy into finding them about 4 years ago, before the big Tokyo Pop revolution and everything, but even then it took alot of searching.  I'd say the interent is your best friend in this matter, lol.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2007, 12:48:33 am »
I'll be cosplaying two things for certain, dunno on any others.
Jessica from Dragon Quest 8
Princess Daisy from Mario Kart Double Dash
possibly someone from .hack GU
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline SailorMarsRocks

• Cabbit
    • My Myspace
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2007, 10:14:44 am »
Well, I'm going as two of the same person
xD

Deidara (Akatsuki) - Naruto
Deidara(In school girl uniform) - Naruto

I need to find a someone who is going as Sasori to hang out with, Cause in my girl form it'll make more sense!

>.>

yeah, I'm weird i know.
Kumoricon 2008-
Mihael Keehl (Mello)- Death Note

Possible Future Cosplay ideas- Karin(naruto), Misa Misa(DeathNote), Excel Excel(Excel Saga), etc

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2007, 06:33:55 pm »
Sakuracon 2008- Shana (The Legend of Dragoon) S-ko (Guilty Gear)
Kumoricon 2008- Kasumi (DOA) Rei Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 3) S-ko (Guilty Gear)

I'll have other people with me since it's all cosplay group stuff. All I have to say is making armor is a pain in the $@%.
Sakuracon 09- A.B.A or S-ko, Subaru, & Sophitia
Kumoricon 09- Guilty Gear, Who knows, & SECRET!!!

THE GUILTY BRIGADE COSPLAY GROUP!
http://www.myspace.com/guilty_brigade

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2007, 12:11:00 am »
Well since I don't see anyone cosplay him much I plan to go as Kira Izuru from bleach. :3 I hope to get a really good cosplay of him going. Going to Sakura con too. I don't know by next years Kumoricon I might have something else ready.

Yay, I looove Kira.  <3  I didn't see any Kiras at K-con this year, sad.  :'(  But I saw plenty of Matsumotos and I love her too. <3
I recently got my hair cut, and I just realized the other day that if I part it a certain way and use enough styling products, I can do Kira's hairstyle.  You don't know how excited I was when I realized I kind of had Kira Izuru hair.  :D
If I see you as Kira at Sakuracon, you can bet your ass I'll at least ask for a pic.  I don't glomp, that can get dangerous.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't like too though.  ;)

*EDIT* I forgot to mention possibly the most important thing; that is, I LOVE YOUR ICON. <3 BUKKET <3
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 12:16:41 am by misamisa »
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2007, 03:57:29 pm »
im goin as yusura from himawari!!!! such a cute outfit~~~
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline Rikki

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:53 pm »
Kamina from Gurren Lagann- Got a bit of a group going for this one... and by group I mean myself, a Viral, and possibly a Nia. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE! COMEON :0!!

Junpei from Persona 3- Another one we got a bit bigger of a group for! YESSS!! [We need Akihiko! >O]

Zell from Final Fantasy VIII- >O OSU~!

It's going to be a fun filled weekend with exaggerated gestures and talking too loud.

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2007, 03:32:14 am »
OHMYGOSH RIKKI. :D

I'm going to go as Yoko, from Gurren Lagann. YES WE NEED MORE PEOPLE.
Red Mage at heart.

Offline Rikki

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2007, 02:14:45 pm »

YES YES YES! You make me so happy, seriously! ;__; It will be awesome if we could get a giant group going or something. :O! (Now we at LEAST need a Simon. >O<)

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2007, 02:45:42 pm »
I'll be going as Ayame Sohma from Fruits Basket, and my friend will be going with me as Hatori Sohma. ^^ My other friend said she'd accompany us as Shigure Sohma, so hopefully this will all work out! We'll be the mobudachi Trio ^^ So hopefully you'll see us, take our pictures and whatnot. lol

Offline Hei

• Cabbit
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2007, 10:59:09 pm »
Kamina from Gurren Lagann- Got a bit of a group going for this one... and by group I mean myself, a Viral, and possibly a Nia. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE! COMEON :0!!

Junpei from Persona 3- Another one we got a bit bigger of a group for! YESSS!! [We need Akihiko! >O]

Zell from Final Fantasy VIII- >O OSU~!

It's going to be a fun filled weekend with exaggerated gestures and talking too loud.

kamina would be such a fun cosplay... oh there's another post somewhere by someone working on a Yoko, so there's one more for you. i'd like to get in on that too, but i can't think of any character that's tall and skinny with the same haircut i need for my other costumes...
09 cosplay:
Tomodachi/Friend - 20th Century Boys

Offline Hei

• Cabbit
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2007, 11:07:05 pm »

YES YES YES! You make me so happy, seriously! ;__; It will be awesome if we could get a giant group going or something. :O! (Now we at LEAST need a Simon. >O<)

holy hell in a handbasket, i just realized- simon grows up and gets tall! i CAN cosplay ttgl! but can i make the costume? hmmm.... *goes off for research*
09 cosplay:

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »
My selection hasn't been made up 100%.  I can say that I plan on going as Ranma once more.  By this time, my hair should be long enough to make a good braid.

Other options:
Kusanagi, from Blue Seed
Zelgadis, from Slayers
Washu, from Tenchi Muyo
A ninja from Ninja Nonsense
Onsokumaru, from Ninja Nonsense
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2007, 10:24:55 pm »
Well now I think if I go as Hidan my friend will go as Kakuzu! So maybe you'll see another Akatsuki pair next year! :3

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline SailorMarsRocks

• Cabbit
    • My Myspace
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2007, 04:04:19 pm »
There
HAS BEEN A CHANGE
in who i am gonna be
:D

It's in my sig.
Kumoricon 2008-
Mihael Keehl (Mello)- Death Note

Possible Future Cosplay ideas- Karin(naruto), Misa Misa(DeathNote), Excel Excel(Excel Saga), etc

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2007, 07:28:29 pm »
Okay, I'm considering several options for next year's costume.

1: Phoenix Wright, the Ace Attorney himself. I love pointing my finger at people randomly. =3

2: Miles Edgeworth. Same reason. =3

3: Larry Butz. Phoenix's pal and a funny guy.

4: Tarma Roving from Metal Slug. I just dig his sunglasses. =3

5: Bud Bison from MegaMan Star Force. That is, if I'm still chunky enough at that time.

6: Junpei from Persona 3. Come on, it's a dude with the same voice as Ed Elric here. =3
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2007, 10:29:27 am »
@Keenon
I say do Junpei! But then I'm biased atm for Persona 3, although, Junpei is pretty cool and I'm thinking of getting his VA autograph if I can

Speaking of Persona 3, I pretty much narrowed down who I'm considering to either the main character or Yukari Takeba.  I'm leaning towards Yukari, but then I'm not sure about add another crossplay to my plans(just starting crossplay) and being a "girl" for most of the weekend.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Rikki

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2007, 02:00:07 pm »
@Keenon
I say do Junpei! But then I'm biased atm for Persona 3, although, Junpei is pretty cool and I'm thinking of getting his VA autograph if I can

Speaking of Persona 3, I pretty much narrowed down who I'm considering to either the main character or Yukari Takeba.  I'm leaning towards Yukari, but then I'm not sure about add another crossplay to my plans(just starting crossplay) and being a "girl" for most of the weekend.
Do Yukari! Our P3 group's Yukari is considering doing Fuuka instead so we would need one!!! D:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2007, 05:16:05 pm »
@Rikki
Are you the Junpei that Mei Long mentioned?

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2007, 05:20:14 pm »
I am going as:!

Well...it's down in my signature I just realized [laughs]

[LOOKS DOWN]

Offline Rikki

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2007, 06:17:16 pm »
@Rikki
Are you the Junpei that Mei Long mentioned?
More likely! XD;

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2007, 06:23:34 pm »
Great sig Rikki - yay Zell!!

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2007, 06:31:19 pm »
I might possibly cosplay Sasori as well, to help Laurifer's Akatsuki group...

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2007, 07:27:02 pm »

Which one is Sasori?

One of my friends tried to convince me to cosplay the venus fly trap akatsuki (I've never seen naruto so I don't know their names)
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2007, 07:53:15 pm »

Which one is Sasori?

One of my friends tried to convince me to cosplay the venus fly trap akatsuki (I've never seen naruto so I don't know their names)

Errr well it depends...his real form is kinda a spoiler so unless you don't care for spoilers I can send you a pic lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2007, 08:24:39 pm »

Which one is Sasori?

Errr well it depends...his real form is kinda a spoiler so unless you don't care for spoilers I can send you a pic lol

I don't care at all about spoilers XD *most likely never going to watch Naruto*
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Hei

• Cabbit
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2007, 02:47:56 pm »

Which one is Sasori?

good for you; i horribly regret getting dragged so far into the anime....
09 cosplay:

Offline Shinigami Squirrel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2007, 08:06:51 pm »
Charlotte Elbourne from Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2007, 02:14:05 pm »

Which one is Sasori?

Here's some random image I Googled:

http://republika.pl/blog_lg_3655704/4485106/tr/50k___sasori_by_arriku.jpg

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2007, 02:33:14 pm »

Which one is Sasori?

Here's some random image I Googled:

http://republika.pl/blog_lg_3655704/4485106/tr/50k___sasori_by_arriku.jpg

ooooh, okay. I had  friend cosplay as that once. Thanks!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2007, 11:06:38 pm »
Merchant- Resident Evil 4... ORIGINAL MERCHANT!
????????- secret cosplay
????????- secret cosplay

heh. you'll just have to wait and see. the cosplays are gonna blow minds. just like the merchant did :D
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2007, 09:41:31 am »
I forgot to mention that I was thinking abour going as Chrono, as well.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2007, 11:12:37 am »
I forgot to mention that I was thinking abour going as Chrono, as well.

wahhhhh really?
Because if you do, I'm cosplaying as Rosette this year w00tness. tee-hee. :DD

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2007, 03:18:15 pm »
My cosplays~2008

I'm cosplaying the MASCOT! Wheee! (Working on amber-colored contacts)

Also going as DANCER from RO!

Also going as PRIEST from WoW!

That is all =3
I can has cheezburger?

Offline Ren+Pocky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2007, 04:17:24 pm »
The mascot?! Aww, I'd love to see you! x3

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2007, 04:21:00 pm »
It will be cute. Oh yes, it will be cute.
I can has cheezburger?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2007, 07:32:42 pm »
@gemineye42
I also like the see the mascot.  what kind of priest?  I remember one of my friends was a night elf priestess for kumori 07.  Speaking of priestess, I will be cosplaying the High Priestess from RO myself btw.

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2007, 09:14:53 am »
Well, since I've never been a fan of purple paint and prosthetic ears, I'm going to be a good old-fashioned human priest.

I haven't played RO since WoW released, maybe I should brush up! I still have an Evil Wing headband, I could make some Kaho Horns...
I can has cheezburger?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2007, 03:35:22 pm »
in one of the set armor for priest?

I've barely played RO.  But the character designs are really cute so I like to cosplay them.

I play wow much more although I haven't play it much lately due to housing issues.  However, I've been wanting to get back into it enough that I'm thinking of paying for a month or so.   And they have something for returning players so I'll have to look into that.

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2007, 04:15:29 pm »
I'm considering the Tier 5 set, because I can do some fun things with the shoulder-wings, but we'll see. Tier 4 may be more likely. Was considering making a sealed container in each shoulder-pad, then popping in some water and a piece of dried ice so they would actually steam like they do in game, hehe.
I can has cheezburger?

Offline Leonal Guardinal

• Oni
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2007, 10:39:38 am »
I'm hoping to go as Roy to Winifred's Marth, but.... Neither of us has ever played the Fire Emblem games, so we'll be going as the Super Smash Bros. versions.

Oh, and Claudia Wolf, from Silent Hill 3.  ??? I wonder if I should just buy the costume for her, or make it so that all the fabric is the same...

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2007, 05:10:53 pm »
I'm totally going to spaz at the last minute and pack every costume I own. But I'll settle on a few when I get there, for sure.

Hoyes... List:

Yuffie Kisaragi (original game)
Lucrecia Crescent (maybe, if my hair is long enough by then I'll get my bangs cut back to where I have them now)
Tifa Lockheart (Advent Children)
Ember McLane (Danny Phantom - I may even have guitar by then!)
The Painted Lady (Avatar: The Last Airbender -This one is a maybe.)

Hope to see you all there.

Offline Ren+Pocky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2007, 09:36:08 pm »
I'd luff to see a Painted Lady. XD MORE AVATAR COSPLAYS! *runs off to shave someone's head*