Author Topic: So...Who are you going as for K-Con '08?  (Read 52592 times)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Re: So...Who are you going as for K-Con '08?
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2007, 11:18:09 pm »
I'm totally going to spaz at the last minute and pack every costume I own. But I'll settle on a few when I get there, for sure.

Hoyes... List:

Yuffie Kisaragi (original game)
Lucrecia Crescent (maybe, if my hair is long enough by then I'll get my bangs cut back to where I have them now)
Tifa Lockheart (Advent Children)
Ember McLane (Danny Phantom - I may even have guitar by then!)
The Painted Lady (Avatar: The Last Airbender -This one is a maybe.)

Hope to see you all there.

cool another lucrecia and tifa XD only I'm cosplaying tifas original otfit. 0.0 easier to make but shows more skin lol. hope to see you there ^-^

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2007, 04:43:42 pm »
@ Ren+Pocky: Ah, nuu! Don't shave an innocent bystander's head! Just find a sleeping bald dude and doodle on him with blue magic marker! Bald heads make the best canvases, after all! But yeah, there should be more Avatar cosplayers. There was a Kyoshi Warrior at K-con '07, but it was so hot she had to change out of her costume.

@ Black~Rose: Eh, my mother would never let me wear Tifa's original costume out of the house. My dad wouldn't, either. Good to see another Lucrecia though. I still need to get a better pair of shoes and my labcoat. You gonna be 'Normal' Lucrecia of 'Stuck in the pillar of Materia' Lucrecia? The second one's so pretty that I may have to make it.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2007, 08:24:40 pm »
@ Ren+Pocky: Ah, nuu! Don't shave an innocent bystander's head! Just find a sleeping bald dude and doodle on him with blue magic marker! Bald heads make the best canvases, after all! But yeah, there should be more Avatar cosplayers. There was a Kyoshi Warrior at K-con '07, but it was so hot she had to change out of her costume.

@ Black~Rose: Eh, my mother would never let me wear Tifa's original costume out of the house. My dad wouldn't, either. Good to see another Lucrecia though. I still need to get a better pair of shoes and my labcoat. You gonna be 'Normal' Lucrecia of 'Stuck in the pillar of Materia' Lucrecia? The second one's so pretty that I may have to make it.
'normal' though my labcoat kinda sucks but oh well dad got it for 5 bucks at the hospital. and yes she is pretty stuck in the pillar. I should be travleing with Hojo too lol. the only reason I want to be lucrecia is 'cause I'm OBSESSED with Vincent ^-^ other than that and the fact that she is pretty, I dont like her all that much. She made some REALLY bad choices.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2007, 08:47:43 pm »
But that's not really a reason to hate her, is it? I mean, it's not like SHE shot Vincent or anything, Hojo did. She was the one who brought him back, even if it meant putting Chaos, Hellmasker, Death Gigas and Galian Beast in his head and binding them all with the Protomateria.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2007, 09:17:14 pm »
But that's not really a reason to hate her, is it? I mean, it's not like SHE shot Vincent or anything, Hojo did. She was the one who brought him back, even if it meant putting Chaos, Hellmasker, Death Gigas and Galian Beast in his head and binding them all with the Protomateria.
I dont HATE her I guess I dont like what she did though -_-

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2007, 10:03:19 pm »
What, because she hurt Vincent inadvertently by choosing her life's work over him? Feh, without her there would be no Final Fantasy VII, practically.

... Well, I suppose there's Hojo to mess everything up. But then Hojo would have nothing to mess up in the first place...

Lucrecia's like the evil mastermind behind Final Fantasy VII. Except the evil part. She's not evil. Cool, huh?

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2007, 06:24:49 am »
I guess when you think of it that way it is hard to dislike her...... But she is blind.VINCENT SHE COULD HAVE HAD VINCENT!!!!!! lol Me Luv Vincent ^-^ >.<

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2007, 07:21:19 am »
Okay... I couldn't tell.

Offline sexynojutsusasuke

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2007, 06:41:45 pm »
well right now i have two cosplays for sure ^^
sexy no jutsu sasuke- naruto (my friend is going as sexy no jutsu gaara so watch out ^^)
Misa- Deathnote (other friend going as Light ^^)

because i had all the stuff for them in my closet xDDD
but i'm not sure what to be for the third day....
any suggestions?

(PS this is what i'll be for sakura con as well ^^)
planned cosplay:
Namine
Misa Amane

Offline edhelwing

• Oni
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2007, 08:35:43 am »
im going as Uriel from "Angel Sancuary" and i might come back as Orochimaru.  the only problem with Uriels costume is his HUGE wings! i want them to move but we'll just have to see how they turn out.

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2007, 09:37:04 pm »
im going as Uriel from "Angel Sancuary" and i might come back as Orochimaru.  the only problem with Uriels costume is his HUGE wings! i want them to move but we'll just have to see how they turn out.

nice!! It'd be really nice to see Angel Sanctuary cosplayers. They were quite a few in the past, but I haven't seen any for a while!
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Mirithespazz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2007, 08:41:12 am »
basically Yuffie (AC) is what I'm planning on,

but on the side I've been considering making a custom style white mage outfit, which sound pretty fun,
I don't know if I'll get around to it though
Kumoricon 08
- AC Yuffie

Offline dark_master

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2007, 06:41:06 pm »
Last time I cosplayed as Yami Bakura so this time I will give that costume a rest.

I think I will cosplay as Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! (Plan on dueling against a little Yugi during the con in front of everyone. Like they duel in the show except no holograms!) I also plan on cosplaying as Pharaoh Atem to. Was going to for Sakura Con but plans change.

Light Yagami from Death Note......

.......and Piro from Megatokyo!

I will also be cosplaying as these characters at Sakura Con to.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:44:50 pm by dark_master »
Kumoricon 2009 - Cosplay list

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
Yusei Fudo (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2007, 06:36:44 pm »
I like the idea of planning early...Last year I was going crazy a week before the con, trying to avoid that in 08 . Ive even already gotten my fabric for one costume XD;

So far Im going as a Dancer Nobody from KHII and then Demyx (KHII) and..my friends are deciding my other one, in their attempt to get me to cosplay something besides Kingdom Hearts XP
Itll either be Hakkai from Saiyuki or..I think Trowa from Gundam was what they said..but I dont know yet
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2007, 02:51:47 pm »
I forgot to mention that I was thinking abour going as Chrono, as well.

wahhhhh really?
Because if you do, I'm cosplaying as Rosette this year w00tness. tee-hee. :DD

Really?  Awesome!!!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline ZellGirl

• Cabbit
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2007, 02:17:47 pm »
I'm thinking if I come, it'll be as Kairi from KH2.  I'd love to go as Tifa but it seems that others are coming as her, so I'd rather not step on toes I guess.  I was thinking of Moiraine Sedai from Wheel of Time, but not enough people would automatically recognize her, being a book character and all.

If I can get into good enough shape, I'd love to come as "The Major" (Motoko) from Ghost in the Shell SAC.
Itsuka dareka ga itte ta you ni
Kotae wa kaze no naka

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2007, 10:16:27 am »
No way, you should do Tifa, as well.  The more of one character, the more fun pictures can be and the easier it is to make new friends!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2007, 02:31:25 pm »
at the moment everything is up in the air. If possible i wanna be part of a group.

Heres a little bit of a list of what i currently have(*) and what i might do:

Alucard(Hellsing)*
Mousse(Ranma)*
L33t N1nj4 Junpei (MT)*
Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)

If my lil sis will do it, I'll go as Spark(Lodoss) while she goes as Neese(Lodoss)
the only issue is making the armor for spark.. maybe i'll have to get a sheet of metal or 2.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline SetsunaEarth

• Cabbit
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2007, 03:24:05 pm »
I have a devious plan...  I've  been planning and designing an outfit to represent GLaDyS.  If you don't know who that is, no biggie, but I know it isn't strictly anime, but neither were the Tetris pieces, so I figure I'll make it... :)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2007, 07:46:59 pm »
I remember the Pacman.....Dude.....He rocked.....Anyone else seen the Cosplay Chess where Gaara faces the schoolgirls and throws the cork at them....?[Saw it on YouTube...Only @ Kumoricon for 1 day....]

' Know it's probably old news, but I was watching Kumoricon '07 videos on YouTube...

Offline GWdragon

• Oni
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2007, 05:32:29 am »
So, I'm wanting to go as Link. That's right, Link. The Hero of Time. Wielder of the Master Sword. Keeper of the Tri-Force of Courage.

I found a pair of awesome brown boots that are perfect for it, some kind of imitation suede-ish kind of stuff, hard plasticy soles, they even already had the folded-over flaps and buckles at the top. I was totally psyched.

My hair's the right length, but I was looking for suggestions on coloring, cuz my hair's brown, so I was hoping for some input on lightening it to Link's sort of dirty blond. I was thinking I'd just get it professionally done to minimize risk of failure & self-blinding, but if you guys know an affordable, easy, home way to do it, I'd love input!

Offline wolfy91

• Oni
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2007, 08:37:44 pm »
me and my friends are gonna be the mabudachi trio from fruits basket. im gonna be hatori though. ^^ he's amazing.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2007, 10:31:23 pm »
me and my friends are gonna be the mabudachi trio from fruits basket. im gonna be hatori though. ^^ he's amazing.

awee I'm excited~~ :DD I'm sadly cosplaying as Tohru in '09 [hitshead]

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2007, 10:31:55 pm »
im goin as leeroy jenkins
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline GWdragon

• Oni
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2007, 03:40:02 am »

I can't begin to describe the level of awesome that will be.

Leeeerroooooyyyy!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2007, 06:08:25 am »

I can't begin to describe the level of awesome that will be.

Leeeerroooooyyyy!

JENKINsssss

heh. the cosplay is amazing! i have a suprise for people at the con heh ^^;
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Chibi-Pit

• Oni
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2007, 04:34:40 pm »
Hmmm... I'm deciding... I'm deciding... I'm debating whether I want to go as either:

(Pit as he appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

or

(Palutena as she appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl).

I'm sort of leaning towards Pit, though. I'm already trying to plan out the wings and etc. (Work will not start officially until I get my copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, though, since I'd like a clearer look at Pit's in-game wings) I will be completely redoing the entire costume, from the wings to the bow, fixing any and all of the flaws my 2007's costume had (stupid greaves need to be fixed; they kept falling down and sometimes coming undone while I was walking around at the convention last time). I'm also trying to work on (gasp! Dun-dun-dun!) the hairdo, which as you can see looks very complicated... My hair color's pretty close, and it's definitely long enough to be cut and stylized, but it'll still be difficult...

Now Palutena (or Parthena, as I like to call her; that name sounds so much more cooler!) on the other hand... her outfit looks totally awesome and goddess-like, and with her hair I'd probably only need hair extensions and somehow dye it a non-permanent green. On the downside, her outfit doesn't look real easy to make (but then, Pit's doesn't look any easier, either), and I don't know where or what I'm going to do about that Mirror Shield and scepter... Oh, and I think I'd probably look funny if I was walking down the hallways as the Goddess of Light of Angeland, since people would probably be coming up and asking me, "Palutena, where's Pit, your bodyguard?"

If I can find some friends, one who could dress as Pit for this year's Kumoricon, then I'll consider cosplaying as Palutena. But I dunno, I like Pit way more then Palutena, so I think I'll go as Pit again regardless of whether I can find a partner to go with or not... :-\
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:42:38 pm by Chibi-Pit »

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2007, 11:57:41 pm »
ooooo pit would be nice to see.
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2007, 06:22:19 pm »
I have some ideas:
Link from Legend of Zelda
Itsuki from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Light from Death Note
Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic!

It's so hard to decide! 
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline choked_smurf

• Cabbit
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2007, 06:47:02 am »
Well, as of so far, I am planning on being Doll from Angel Sanctuary. (Typical lolita/maid ish outfit ^^;)
My friend is also going as Uriel from Angel Sanctuary! Hurray for giant angel wings!

Offline FFVII~Lover

• Chibi
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2007, 07:28:53 pm »
I'M GOING AS HOJO FROM FINAL FANTASY VII! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, THOUGH IT WOULD BE THE SMART THING TO DO!  lol  ;D
Kumoricon 2013:

Sailor Uranus - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Ron Weasley - Harry Potter Series
Zexion/Ienzo - Kingdom Hearts series
Mr. Gold - Once Upon a Time

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2007, 07:36:32 pm »
Lol I'm travleing with hojo, so dont kill me as lucrecia for just bein with hojo

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2007, 08:51:02 am »
I have no idea, I kinda want to do a final fantasy VI charcter though, like locke maybe
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2007, 05:29:25 pm »
I don't have a whole lot of cosplays planned. One I know for sure is Lara Croft. Originally, I was going to go as her to PAX, but now that PAX and Kumori Con are on the same weekend and I won't be going to PAX, I'll just go as Lara to Kumori Con. I'll probably also wear my Ouran Girls' Uniform too.

Offline gothicadam

• Sailor Scout
    • www.myspace.com/velvetdreams11
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2007, 07:57:30 pm »
Rude From Final Fantasy Advent Children

Offline luckytrousers

• Cabbit
    • luckytrousers
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2007, 10:21:33 pm »
I'm probably going to go as Kimihiro Watanuki from xxxHOLiC once I get my costume fixed...And when I find someone who knows how to sow white fabric on the collar and sleeve,,,  ;D
Some are lucky to have sad dreams, but I'd rather have happy nightmares.

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2007, 02:04:40 am »
I'm looking at doing a Kaiji cosplay for next year. I have the perfect face, hair, and good enough body type. I just need an orange coat with the proper modifications, a magnetic patch for stars, and a few other minor things.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2007, 12:34:44 pm »
Shana from Legend of Dragoon
S-ko from Guilty Gear XX
Anise from Tales of the Abyss
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:39:04 pm by TsukikoAiko »
Sakuracon 09- A.B.A or S-ko, Subaru, & Sophitia
Kumoricon 09- Guilty Gear, Who knows, & SECRET!!!

THE GUILTY BRIGADE COSPLAY GROUP!
http://www.myspace.com/guilty_brigade

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2007, 11:14:53 am »
i'm going as Deidara 'cause he fricken rocks!
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2008, 05:48:14 pm »
"I'm going as Gourry Gabriev from Slayers, and I have a Lina Inverse, as well! Is anyone else going as a Slayers character?" ^^
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline sexynojutsusasuke

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2008, 08:14:42 pm »
UPDATED COSTUMES:
Misa Amane (deathnote)
SNJ sasuke (naruto)
and
*suspense*
*suspense*
*suspense*
*suspense*
Columbia (Rocky Horror Picture Show)
planned cosplay:
Namine
Misa Amane

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2008, 04:00:35 pm »
Uh....Would you kill me if I said I haven't seen Rocky Horror....? *cowers*

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2008, 05:55:30 pm »
I know all of my 2008 cosplays~! *happy dance*

Hayner from Kingdom Hearts II (better than last year, don't worry >.o)
Zim and Emo Zim from Invader Zim and brb suicide
Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing

And I have a whole group of friends joining me in all of those cosplays! YAY~!! ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Suzume

• Oni
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2008, 09:01:49 pm »
I'm going as Inoue Orihime from BLEACH, and it's going to be my first time cosplaying! :)

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2008, 09:42:33 pm »
Uh....Would you kill me if I said I haven't seen Rocky Horror....? *cowers*
"I haven't seen it either." XD
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2008, 08:10:45 pm »
Yay! everything is decided!

Dancer Nobody from Kingdom Hearts 2
Almighty Tallest Purple from Invader Zim
Quatre from Gundam Wing
Oh, and Emo!Dib from the fanfic brb suicide

Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2008, 08:35:47 pm »
I think I am going to be Aeriths heartless
and AC Tifa........covers more skin point blank

Offline nekohisokachan

• Cabbit
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2008, 05:35:55 pm »
xD 

Day One - Ootori Kyouya from Ouran High School Host Club
Day Two - Sasori from Naruto
Day Three - Akatsuki Chika from Zombie Loan. 

xD  I have to buy wigs.  Yarg.  This'll be fun. xDD

Offline Ed_Elric

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2008, 06:03:12 pm »
I will be staffing but I will show as both Ichigo and Reno, I hope I can pull both off, if not just Ichigo, I got it all ready to go too I am so escited, thought the con is not till the end o the yeaR! ;D

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2008, 07:30:56 pm »
It's fun to see what everyone'll be going as this year!

I'll be going as Haruhi from TMoHS......My sister will probably be Mikuru.