Author Topic: Upcoming meetings - 2008 convention year  (Read 2187 times)

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
Upcoming meetings - 2008 convention year
« on: September 15, 2007, 11:23:49 pm »
I hadn't seen any official news about the upcoming meetings, but I had asked one of the Officers when it was going to be so I could schedule time off that weekend.  Just tonight I've heard that that time won't work out and that it'll probably be the weekend after.  That works for me too, however I know that others are in similar positions where they must regularly take time off, break social or work engagements, and/or have erratic scheduling conflicts when the dates and times of meetings are not known well in advance.

So, as someone who plans to attend as many general meetings as possible, I was wondering if we could have the tentative dates posted in some centralized place, and allow the Board members to reply with conflicts/etc and hopefully iron these out a few months in advance so that the rest of us can schedule around when the meetings will be.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: Upcoming meetings - 2008 convention year
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:17:37 am »
That'd be nice.

I think we need to ask the head of Ops and Publicity about this since they're in charge of planning the dates and telling people respectively.

Of course we have to wait for the elections to know who to talk to....

Say, has anyone announced when the elections will be??? ::)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:52:09 am »
That'd be nice.

I think we need to ask the head of Ops and Publicity about this since they're in charge of planning the dates and telling people respectively.

Of course we have to wait for the elections to know who to talk to....

Say, has anyone announced when the elections will be??? ::)

The board is responsible for setting the date and location of the elections meeting, and the chair is responsible for planning all other general meetings and "calling" the elections meeting and all other meetings. See the bylaws for details.

However, it just so happens I am aware that the details of the elections meeting are being finalized today and hopefully will also be announced today.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:48:34 am »
However, it just so happens I am aware that the details of the elections meeting are being finalized today and hopefully will also be announced today.

Hopefully by the end of the week?

This week happens to be "Work Week" 38 of this year.  This year, I'm scheduled to work (among other nights), every Friday night, and every Odd work week's Saturday night.  So It'd really help me to know, at least a month in advance if possible, what day the meeting will even likely be on since my schedule is oddball compared to most who attend the meetings, and I therefore must arrange more exceptions in the times that I work to keep my technology, sleep, and food addictions happy.  Thankfully I don't have to pay for air... breathing is an addiction that I just can't do without.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 06:52:22 am »

The board is responsible for setting the date and location of the elections meeting, and the chair is responsible for planning all other general meetings and "calling" the elections meeting and all other meetings. See the bylaws for details.

Whoops! Looks like I was wrong!

I head a rumor about the election meeting on Saturday but I ain't gonna squeel.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010