Author Topic: IS YOUR HALLOWEEN NOT HAPPENING?  (Read 29043 times)

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Re: IS YOUR HALLOWEEN NOT HAPPENING?
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 10:17:42 am »
Ooh man, I love Outlaw Star! Damn, I would have gone as Gene if you would have said something earlier. XD
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 10:41:31 am »
Ooh man, I love Outlaw Star! Damn, I would have gone as Gene if you would have said something earlier. XD

aweee!! I am so sorry!!
 :OOO well you know what that means? we just have to parade around Portland as Outlaw star one day :DDD tee-hee ♥

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 10:52:11 am »
Yeah... SOMEDAY. Haha, I'm gonna be in debt to my mother in a few weeks for all the cosplay related stuff I have to pay her back for.

Btw, I'll be going as Reno from AC, minus the long ponytail, so if you see someone who looks like they're attempting Reno, it's probably me.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 10:56:03 am »
Yeah... SOMEDAY. Haha, I'm gonna be in debt to my mother in a few weeks for all the cosplay related stuff I have to pay her back for.

Btw, I'll be going as Reno from AC, minus the long ponytail, so if you see someone who looks like they're attempting Reno, it's probably me.

wahh same here. I owe so much mula to people XD I need to work asap. [DIES]
Ahh Reno is so badarse! :D tee-hee, will you have the bat and goggles? [thinks] Actually I don't even remember if he had either of those [hitshead]
♥

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 11:03:11 am »
Since I'm not legal, and only have an ATM, instead of an actual credit card, I can't make payments on ebay things, so my mother offers to do it. Plus I owe her for my car, and a traffic ticket. >>;

I won't have the weapon, since I haven't made it yet, and the costume isn't actually completed. But I'll have everything else. So, minus the weapon and ponytail. Reno's my closest to 'done' cosplay, which is the reason I'm playing him for Halloween.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 11:06:48 am »
Since I'm not legal, and only have an ATM, instead of an actual credit card, I can't make payments on ebay things, so my mother offers to do it. Plus I owe her for my car, and a traffic ticket. >>;

I won't have the weapon, since I haven't made it yet, and the costume isn't actually completed. But I'll have everything else. So, minus the weapon and ponytail. Reno's my closest to 'done' cosplay, which is the reason I'm playing him for Halloween.

ahhh I see. I'm sorry about the traffic ticket :[[[[ those things are horrible [hitshead]

yes my costume for Melfina is quite disgusting to the extreme. The wig is just...ew. ew. XD and I haven't dyed the jumper or anything like that, or even started the poncho she wears, so I'm just lame all over [hitshead]

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 11:13:34 am »
ahhh I see. I'm sorry about the traffic ticket :[[[[ those things are horrible [hitshead]

yes my costume for Melfina is quite disgusting to the extreme. The wig is just...ew. ew. XD and I haven't dyed the jumper or anything like that, or even started the poncho she wears, so I'm just lame all over [hitshead]

Eh, it was my bad on the ticket. I lied about it, too. XD I only have to pay for the tow, since the judge dismissed the ticket on the account that our fight against the tow was so good. XD But it's still around 200+.

Haha you're lame all over. Nah I'm sure you'll look like her, besides, you're throwing it together last minute, so you shouldn't expect top quality work within a week of starting it. Good luck on your wig! I've never had to wear one, but for 2 of my cosplays, I'm going to have to.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 11:20:11 am »

Eh, it was my bad on the ticket. I lied about it, too. XD I only have to pay for the tow, since the judge dismissed the ticket on the account that our fight against the tow was so good. XD But it's still around 200+.

Haha you're lame all over. Nah I'm sure you'll look like her, besides, you're throwing it together last minute, so you shouldn't expect top quality work within a week of starting it. Good luck on your wig! I've never had to wear one, but for 2 of my cosplays, I'm going to have to.

eeccckkk. that is a lot. XD Well at least you got off with that and instead of them revoking your license, that would be horrible to the extreme. :OOO

true. I do have a really bad habit lately of starting things much later than I'm supposed too [hitshead]
I'm tempted for Sakuracon to just throw away the wig and use my real hair. I have pretty thick hair that is a pain in the arse already, and I really like her hair cut. It is pretty cute XDD but I don't know [hitshead] that would mean I would have to dye my hair again, unless I do the spray dye.
[HITSHEAD]
now I'm rambling. I'm sorry

:[[[

I'm excited for Halloween. DX

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 11:28:25 am »
I'm getting everything together WAY before Sakuracon. I already have 3 cosplays lying around out of 4. But I got a major urge to do a certain cosplay for Halloween that involved my younger sister. So her and I went out and bought a ton of fabric and shoes for making them. I doubt we're going to finish by next week, though. So Reno it is!

From what I remember her hair isn't that difficult. It's black, right? Using spray dye is a BAD idea. I spent over 40$ on professional stuff at Sally's for Kadaj. Since my mother's a professional hair dresser, she helped me do a test strand, which ended up EXACT. But the first day of K-con, when I had a friend help me with it, it was EVERYWHERE. I think we got high off of all the chemicals being sprayed. I ended up going with my natural hair, which really threw off my cosplay.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2007, 11:31:19 am »
I'm getting everything together WAY before Sakuracon. I already have 3 cosplays lying around out of 4. But I got a major urge to do a certain cosplay for Halloween that involved my younger sister. So her and I went out and bought a ton of fabric and shoes for making them. I doubt we're going to finish by next week, though. So Reno it is!

From what I remember her hair isn't that difficult. It's black, right? Using spray dye is a BAD idea. I spent over 40$ on professional stuff at Sally's for Kadaj. Since my mother's a professional hair dresser, she helped me do a test strand, which ended up EXACT. But the first day of K-con, when I had a friend help me with it, it was EVERYWHERE. I think we got high off of all the chemicals being sprayed. I ended up going with my natural hair, which really threw off my cosplay.

ohhh XD really? well snickerdoodles.
See the only thing is, I need my hair blond before Kumoricon, because of my other cosplays [hitshead] stupid me now :[[[
Maybe I should save her for a few years from now when I won't be blond anymore [histhead]

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2007, 11:36:02 am »
BLONDE? Oh man, you're in for it. Especially if it's not your natural hair color. I went platinum for a few months--and I really don't know what possessed me to do it. And even though my hair's short, it ruined it. Hm.. LOTS of conditioner is all I can say. Idk how long hair would do blonde, my hair's never really been long before.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2007, 11:41:06 am »
BLONDE? Oh man, you're in for it. Especially if it's not your natural hair color. I went platinum for a few months--and I really don't know what possessed me to do it. And even though my hair's short, it ruined it. Hm.. LOTS of conditioner is all I can say. Idk how long hair would do blonde, my hair's never really been long before.

XDDD I know. right now it's still in it's first stages, and I bought every conditioner, and leave in conditioner I could find. XD it's insane. But it's starting to fade so I have to go in for the second treatment. eck!!! My hair is already screwed up enough, so I really don't care anymore DX I just wanted to do something different [hitshead]

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2007, 11:46:04 am »
Well as long as you're taking care of it. My mother does all my hair needs, since she's licensed and owns her own shop. She always tells me to take care of it, etc., so it's kind of rubbed off. She's the only reason I know something about hair, otherwise, I'm completely clueless.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2007, 12:10:18 pm »
Well as long as you're taking care of it. My mother does all my hair needs, since she's licensed and owns her own shop. She always tells me to take care of it, etc., so it's kind of rubbed off. She's the only reason I know something about hair, otherwise, I'm completely clueless.

OMG.
maybe I shouldn't wear a wig after all XD this is pretty horrid. Like to the point where I WANT to gag myself [hitshead] pictures coming soon.

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2007, 12:52:50 pm »
wow. if it is all that much trouble just get a wig XD. But yeah as for halloween. I am doing a costume that nor very many people will recognize so if you havent read Vampire Knight. Someone please do so. that way I dont have to explain myself to everyone XD. Also as for the Outlaw star getup. I think we may have a group going for sakuracon. I will post a cosplay thread later about that. ^_^;
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2007, 12:57:52 pm »
wow. if it is all that much trouble just get a wig XD. But yeah as for halloween. I am doing a costume that nor very many people will recognize so if you havent read Vampire Knight. Someone please do so. that way I dont have to explain myself to everyone XD. Also as for the Outlaw star getup. I think we may have a group going for sakuracon. I will post a cosplay thread later about that. ^_^;

I'm sorry DX
I'm tempted to use my real hair now and just throw the wig for Sakuracon. XD sorry sorry [hitshead]

SWITCH OF SUBJECT
anyone excited for Halloween?

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2007, 07:21:24 pm »
You should do what you think would be best. If you want to use your own hair, then I'd say use it.

But yeah, I'm pumped for Halloween!
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2007, 10:53:57 am »
You should do what you think would be best. If you want to use your own hair, then I'd say use it.

But yeah, I'm pumped for Halloween!

I am too! I have a list going of things that we can do if people are bored [HITSHEAD] XDD

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2007, 11:19:41 am »
I was going to take the max into Portland, but now that I looked at the website, it's too much trouble to drive clear into Beaverton to catch one when trains stop running back there at 10:30. It's not worth the gas. So I get to drive, and search for unpaid parking somewhere on the streets.

This should be fun, I hope my car doesn't get egged. XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2007, 11:27:59 am »
I was going to take the max into Portland, but now that I looked at the website, it's too much trouble to drive clear into Beaverton to catch one when trains stop running back there at 10:30. It's not worth the gas. So I get to drive, and search for unpaid parking somewhere on the streets.

This should be fun, I hope my car doesn't get egged. XD

:[[[ I'm sorry. I've noticed that PSU has some parking recently.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2007, 11:37:57 am »

How far away is PSU from the Square? My ex had to pay to park, and they go to PSU too.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2007, 12:20:48 pm »

How far away is PSU from the Square? My ex had to pay to park, and they go to PSU too.

It's about six blocks away? maybe four? I think? But it doesn't take that long to walk back and forth really I think, but then again I live here XD

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2007, 12:28:56 pm »
PSU is about 6 blocks from Pioneer square. The good thing is that the psu parking meters stop after 7:00 so if you get there around 6:45 and then park and walk you shouldn't get charged. That or you can pay the small fee whatever that may be. All I know is that other than that area free parking in portland will be a bust to find.

Anyway, I am really excited for halloween too. I this will be my first year of it ever involving anime characters so I am really stoked. XD Dang the long week that I have to wait for it.
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2007, 12:39:32 pm »
PSU is about 6 blocks from Pioneer square. The good thing is that the psu parking meters stop after 7:00 so if you get there around 6:45 and then park and walk you shouldn't get charged. That or you can pay the small fee whatever that may be. All I know is that other than that area free parking in portland will be a bust to find.

Anyway, I am really excited for halloween too. I this will be my first year of it ever involving anime characters so I am really stoked. XD Dang the long week that I have to wait for it.

whoops my bad DX [hitshead] ummm but I know there is some parking here that is good for an hour, maybe two. I think it's reasonable, but then again I don't drive [hitshead]

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2007, 12:41:41 pm »
Those are the ones I am talking about. They pay for about 2-3 hours until 7:00 then its free. and since we are meeting up at pioneer square by 7:00 the most you need to pay for is an hour, if at all.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2007, 04:56:06 pm »
Those are the ones I am talking about. They pay for about 2-3 hours until 7:00 then its free. and since we are meeting up at pioneer square by 7:00 the most you need to pay for is an hour, if at all.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that [hitshead] I thought it was only free on the weekends though, But don't listen to me, since I don't drive. [POINTS TO KENTON] he is more reliable than I am on this topic [hitshead]

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2007, 05:03:39 pm »
Jeez, way to cheat the system. Maybe I should just sit in my car till around 7. I could probably get to PSU, I'd have no idea which way to go after I got there to get to the Square, though.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2007, 05:39:03 pm »
Jeez, way to cheat the system. Maybe I should just sit in my car till around 7. I could probably get to PSU, I'd have no idea which way to go after I got there to get to the Square, though.

Well if you'd like I could wait for you because my dorm on Jackson street, and walk you down to Pioneer square, then back to your car when needed. I only have to walk a few blocks. :OOO would that be better for you?

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2007, 07:35:06 pm »
Well if you'd like I could wait for you because my dorm on Jackson street, and walk you down to Pioneer square, then back to your car when needed. I only have to walk a few blocks. :OOO would that be better for you?

Haha, alright. That'd work. I could call or text you when I get there.

... IF I get there.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2007, 08:46:17 pm »

Haha, alright. That'd work. I could call or text you when I get there.

... IF I get there.

Ah I will wait in my dorm room then, and when you come I'll meet you somewhere!
 XD if you can come! If you can't that would be quite sad :[[[[

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2007, 05:35:17 am »
Nah I can go. My mother doesn't understand me, but I pay for the gas, and the car, so regardless, she can't really tell me I 'can't' go. And I think one of my friends wants to go with me. He keeps saying he wants to, but won't be in costume, which is lame that I gotta walk around with someone who's dressed... well, to ME he dresses normally. I guess dressing in drag counts as a costume, but he wears that stuff everyday. He knows Portland well, considering he goes to the Art Institute, so guarantee I should more than likely make it to PSU. XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2007, 12:38:08 pm »
So should we maybe change the times so that we meet up at the square making 7:30 the latest time? That way everyone can get there and not have to worry about parking and such.... Plus some of us could just meet at Natalie's dorm and all walk to the square from there.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2007, 01:13:07 pm »
I would perfer it wasn't so late.  unless maybe someone gives me a ride back home in vancouver or find me a place ot crash.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2007, 01:19:39 pm »
So should we maybe change the times so that we meet up at the square making 7:30 the latest time? That way everyone can get there and not have to worry about parking and such.... Plus some of us could just meet at Natalie's dorm and all walk to the square from there.

That sounds cool. In case people get lost, too. I might be down there a little earlier, just because I'd rather drive when it was still light out than in the dark. I always get pulled over by cops when it's dark outside, so going into Portland when it's a bit lighter will make me feel better. XD

I would perfer it wasn't so late.  unless maybe someone gives me a ride back home in vancouver or find me a place ot crash.

If I lived near Portland, I'd let you stay at my place, but I'm about an hour away, so I don't think I'd be much help.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2007, 07:00:57 pm »
Same here I am out on the Beaverton/Tigard border, so I wouldnt be much help getting home, and another thing. What real difference does a half hour make? We are still just going to be hanging out and getting there when possible. So I am just trying to make it so the people who want to show up can. you know just give them a little extra time.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2007, 10:35:24 pm »
its mainly cause I have til about 8:30-9 pm maybe at which I must leave to catch the last bus or I will be stranded in portland which means no sleep for me and I'll already be going without sleep the previous night due to work.  Now 7:30 isn't bad(though I still perfer earlier), but any later means there isn't really any point in me going.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2007, 12:32:36 pm »
I see your point. It stinks that you live so far away, but at least for the con there is a nice comfy hotel to stay at.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2007, 11:17:35 pm »
Alright, so the "latest time to meet" is being changed to 7:30 now? Right?

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2007, 11:49:45 pm »
I'll probably show up around 7. How will we know each other? Should we wear our con badges?

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2007, 12:09:09 am »
I'll probably show up around 7. How will we know each other? Should we wear our con badges?

whoops I forgot to add that. [hitshead]
YES &hearts;

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2007, 12:32:58 am »
I might show up earlier then 7, depending on what I'm doing, no earlier then 5:30 or 6, though. It has to do with the whole 'dark', thing. My friend wants to go, but I don't want to risk having someone else in the car while driving through Sherwood, seeing as that's the place that somehow KNOWS I'm doing something illegal. Anime_gurl if I get there earlier than expected, is it okay if I still call? ~.~
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2007, 01:11:35 am »
I might show up earlier then 7, depending on what I'm doing, no earlier then 5:30 or 6, though. It has to do with the whole 'dark', thing. My friend wants to go, but I don't want to risk having someone else in the car while driving through Sherwood, seeing as that's the place that somehow KNOWS I'm doing something illegal. Anime_gurl if I get there earlier than expected, is it okay if I still call? ~.~

Of course you may call! My phone is strapped to my bag 24/7 [laughs] sorry if  sound like a mouse on the phone :[[ or a five year old [hitsheafuriously]
but yes you may call me.no fretting. I actually get out of class hopefully around 6, it depends if my mentor loves me that day. If you want, I could keep you company I wouldn't mind at all!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2007, 01:32:48 am »
its mainly cause I have til about 8:30-9 pm maybe at which I must leave to catch the last bus or I will be stranded in portland which means no sleep for me and I'll already be going without sleep the previous night due to work.  Now 7:30 isn't bad(though I still perfer earlier), but any later means there isn't really any point in me going.
Seraph, have you considered asking Leashy if she's going to join in on this, and if she is if she'd perhaps give you a ride home?  I second Kenton's opinion about the wait on this, although now it's only a matter of hours (I decided at the last minute I'd join in).
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2007, 08:22:10 am »
Of course you may call! My phone is strapped to my bag 24/7 [laughs] sorry if  sound like a mouse on the phone :[[ or a five year old [hitsheafuriously]
but yes you may call me.no fretting. I actually get out of class hopefully around 6, it depends if my mentor loves me that day. If you want, I could keep you company I wouldn't mind at all!

Haha, it's alright, I sound like I'm sick most of the time over the phone. I've never really been to Portland by myself, and I still need to write down directions to the college. What's the best/nearest street address to Pioneer Square? I don't want to end up on the opposite side of wherever your dorm or the Square is.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2007, 09:11:52 am »

Haha, it's alright, I sound like I'm sick most of the time over the phone. I've never really been to Portland by myself, and I still need to write down directions to the college. What's the best/nearest street address to Pioneer Square? I don't want to end up on the opposite side of wherever your dorm or the Square is.

If you go straight up  S.W. Broadway it's right next to Pioneer square, and all the way up it goes right past my dorm :D

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2007, 09:45:30 am »
Well I don't think my original plans to stay at my friends dorm beforehand are going to work out... So I'll call you guys once I get downtown to see if your there!

That sounds like a peachy plan Mr. Mustash [giggles] you be safe though!

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2007, 12:36:29 pm »
wow... now it sounds like this whole thing just may work, just everyone will be showing up at different times XD

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2007, 01:19:01 pm »
considering how busy chris and i have been, we just gonna stay home and watch scary movies,
tho i am going to make traditional japanese style ramen, down to the boiling pork bones for 6 hours for the perfect broth
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2007, 03:36:25 pm »
How many people are attending this?
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2007, 03:44:52 pm »
How many people are attending this?

Ummm so far on the list only, a few. But I've been told a few more might be coming, like some people might bring friends, things like that. :O