Author Topic: Final Fantasy Cosplay Group  (Read 21122 times)

Offline Yunie_chan

• Oni
Re: Final Fantasy Cosplay Group
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2008, 11:03:46 am »
My friends and I are going as Yuna, Rikku, and Paine from FFX-2. We are going to be White Mages and Festival Goers. ^^
NEXT CON: Kumoricon 2009

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:36 pm »
EDIT: Hey Eve of Abyss...if I bring an Angelo plushie can I trade for your gun arm like in your sig? XD

Of course, haha. I was just saying I need to get a live-action enactment of the siggie, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2008, 09:28:05 pm »
Yay! Now I just have to try and raid my closet again for my build a bear doggie or just get a new one. Considering it's been years since I've seen that doggie I might have to get a new one...>.< But I will have one!
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline Mykath

• Cabbit
    • dA Account
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2008, 08:46:15 pm »
I'm going to be doing a Zidane cosplay (kind of a mix from dissidia and FFIX).

:D

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2008, 06:07:27 pm »
I'll be bringing my Rinoa costume (Hi Irvine! Loved your gun, btw!) and my sister will be trading in her Ellone costume for an Edea costume if we can pull it off in time. Sorceresses unite! And you get a Matron! ...Kind of.  ;)

Anyways we were these two. Just excuse my hair since it refused to behave on the last day of the con. Figures...

EDIT: Hey Eve of Abyss...if I bring an Angelo plushie can I trade for your gun arm like in your sig? XD

Hey there! Thanks much. Man, that gun was such a last minute thing. It was originally gonna be priority (months before sakuracon)... then I volunteered to make joke weapons from Persona 3 and it got pushed back. XD I am remaking it so it is coooompletely accurate and looks better for Kumoricon. *nod* It shall be even more kick-butt! ;D

And AASLJDFKDLAJG!!!!! We get a Matron?!?!? *tears of joy*
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2008, 04:03:19 am »
And if my friend can get the time off we may also have a Fujin. It'll be great. She's small but she has a HUGE voice. So beware the RAGE of the Fujin!

Man I'm excited to see everyone again too! I can wait to see all the improvements on everything and now that we all kind of know each other it'll be be even more insanely fun.

Yes, you shall have a matron! This is gonna be one of our last costumes before we head off to college so it's kind of a last hurrah kind of thing. Everyone luvs Maton.  ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2008, 09:09:27 pm »
One of my friends is going to try to go as Genesis. Her hair is perfect for him. It is the right colors and with a lot of gel it can be styled the same way too.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2008, 07:34:18 pm »
I have original FFVII Yuffie about a quarter done ^_^; But what's done is amazing, so it should be way fun to hang out with you guys! If I get too tired of carting around the Demyx sitar or the Way to the Dawn, or if either costume breaks, I'll replace one or the other with Lucrecia or maybe Gillian. I suddenly have a very needy urge-y thing to cosplay Gillian just so I can hang out with all the Crisis Core people... It's either that or Cloud!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2008, 11:05:50 pm »
I have original FFVII Yuffie about a quarter done ^_^; But what's done is amazing, so it should be way fun to hang out with you guys! If I get too tired of carting around the Demyx sitar or the Way to the Dawn, or if either costume breaks, I'll replace one or the other with Lucrecia or maybe Gillian. I suddenly have a very needy urge-y thing to cosplay Gillian just so I can hang out with all the Crisis Core people... It's either that or Cloud!

Yay! You must do a Crisis Core cosplay in '09! That is when I am doing Angeal. But as for this year, yay for Yuffie, since I'm gonna be Barret again.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2008, 12:10:55 am »
And if my friend can get the time off we may also have a Fujin. It'll be great. She's small but she has a HUGE voice. So beware the RAGE of the Fujin!

Man I'm excited to see everyone again too! I can wait to see all the improvements on everything and now that we all kind of know each other it'll be be even more insanely fun.

Yes, you shall have a matron! This is gonna be one of our last costumes before we head off to college so it's kind of a last hurrah kind of thing. Everyone luvs Maton.  ;D

Fujin is AWESOME! O_O Man, this year shall be aaaaaawesome. FF8 shall riiiiiise! >:D I love final fantasy cosplay. XD
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2008, 06:07:58 pm »
Yay I am still aerith and tifa!!
I got color contacts for tifa too so I'll have brown eyes. and a wig (cuz I cut my hair short lol)

But the short hair means that Lucrecia is a no... TT_TT Oh well I be her next year or something when I have long hair agiain.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2008, 06:15:58 pm »
I got color contacts for tifa too so I'll have brown eyes. and a wig (cuz I cut my hair short lol)

But the short hair means that Lucrecia is a no... TT_TT Oh well I be her next year or something when I have long hair agiain.

How are you gonna do Aeris with short hair, but Lucrecia is a no go?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2008, 06:22:19 pm »

How are you gonna do Aeris with short hair, but Lucrecia is a no go?
lol I have a wig for aerith but getting a wig for lucrecia is like.. IMPOSSIBLE! Lol

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2008, 06:31:23 pm »
OooooO, gotcha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2008, 08:29:53 pm »
It's not impossible... It's just a styling nightmare that involves foamcore and lots of styling products. And possibly stubbing. And sewing that damned hair wrap on. *Trails off into angry mutterings because her hair wrap always slides off after long periods of time*

Other than that... Original FFVII Yuffie Kisaragi is a GO! Kind of. Oh well, the Materia is what matters, and I have a whole bunch of bright red/orange ones that I'm in the process of naming. But yes. I need to Bondo the metal garter of doom, do the leatherworking for that, find a shirt and shorts, make the headband, find fishnets, do all the armor work for the gloves, make the gloves, find the fishnets for that...

All I really have done are the individual pieces of the giant arm sock of doom. Good news is that I no longer hurt myself with my giant shuriken while doing her little in-battle magic casting jig.

Anybody wants Summon Materia, I'll consider giving them to people at the con. Once upon a time they were decorative resin grapes the perfect size for Materia. Then I got my hands on them.

Offline Hitokiri Kenshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
I'll be bringing my Barret with me.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 07:29:56 pm »

*gasp*

There's.....another Barret cosplayer? I thought I was the only one. I'm shocked. Stoked to see you, though.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 08:02:02 pm »
I now have the colord contacts for tifa and the wig is comeing

Offline Hitokiri Kenshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2008, 03:47:54 pm »

*gasp*

There's.....another Barret cosplayer? I thought I was the only one. I'm shocked. Stoked to see you, though.

This will be my first Kumoricon.  Did him at Sakuracon this year and last two.  Here's pic:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1472259/

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2008, 09:56:56 pm »
Hey! Hitokiri Kenshin? Are you the guy that found me a Squall when I had the sign that said "Lost Squall in Time Compression. Have you seen him? -Rinoa" with the Ellone? (Pretty sure it is you but I have been wrong about these things before!)

Your Squall was a pretty good sport about being drug away from videos games for a joke. XD
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:06:21 pm by Delphi »

Offline Hitokiri Kenshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2008, 12:22:08 pm »
Hey! Hitokiri Kenshin? Are you the guy that found me a Squall when I had the sign that said "Lost Squall in Time Compression. Have you seen him? -Rinoa" with the Ellone? (Pretty sure it is you but I have been wrong about these things before!)

Your Squall was a pretty good sport about being drug away from videos games for a joke. XD

Yeah that was me. And here's the pics if you haven't seen them:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1491240/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1491259/

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2008, 06:09:51 pm »
Sweet! Thanks!

And thanks for playing along with the joke even if my sister and I were confused about what was going at first. You the first one to actually go find Squall and drag him back instead of pointing so we were wondering why you disappeared. :D

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2008, 06:43:24 pm »
Hmm... I am in the process of a Garnet Til Alexandros XVII cosplay. The dress from the end of the game, complete with - hopefully - the tiger racket. Do I count? =^-^=
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Nayanezgani

• Cabbit
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2008, 09:56:28 am »
I may do my corsair from Final Fantasy 11 again this year at least a little. Not sure though.
They say life is an adventure. To each their own. I say what are you waiting for time and the tides wait for no man.
Live it up, you only get one shot at this adventure can you afford to sit here and wait.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2008, 11:01:53 am »
Hmm... I am in the process of a Garnet Til Alexandros XVII cosplay. The dress from the end of the game, complete with - hopefully - the tiger racket. Do I count? =^-^=

Yeah, that totally counts. Good luck with the Tiger Racket. Can't wait to see it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2008, 11:07:04 pm »
I need to figure out which day will have the most Turks walking around, and which day will be filled with AVALANCHE.

Before Crisis Elena, is a-okay (if I'm lucky someone will known who I am), and with luck and skill and materia original game Yuffie will make an appearance too!

I have a friend whose doing her best to sort out her Sephiroth wig, I think it'll be fine and we'll see her around with her posse of rabid fangirls.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2008, 11:18:24 pm »
my friend ariel will be a part of that posse fer sure lol

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2008, 11:32:36 pm »
Ehs, warn her that the Pope already married Seph and I two years ago.

She was a Reno then, but still, a hot piece of fangirl bait. Fangirl bait that I shall have to be very protective of.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2008, 11:33:43 pm »
Ehs, warn her that the Pope already married Seph and I two years ago.

She was a Reno then, but still, a hot piece of fangirl bait. Fangirl bait that I shall have to be very protective of.

ariels not THAT kind of fan girl lol the most she'll do is ask for a hug and picture ^_^ no worries

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2008, 07:17:51 am »
Well, I just realized I am going to be cosplaying as two characters from FF. Now I have the dilemma of choosing which one to wear to the photoshoot. Oh noes! I like them both!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2008, 10:02:11 am »
Well, I just realized I am going to be cosplaying as two characters from FF. Now I have the dilemma of choosing which one to wear to the photoshoot. Oh noes! I like them both!

Pick the one that is least likely to be cosplayed by other people as well, thats why I'm going to the photo shoot as Tifa.. TOO MANY AERITHS!!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2008, 10:11:45 am »
Don't forget there's a lot of Tifa's too.
Her first outfit is the easiest to make but the second advent children one is very poplular also.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2008, 10:15:04 am »
I didnt see very many last year lol

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2008, 02:18:21 pm »
I saw at least three Tifas last year, but yeah, it is pretty even between Aeris and Tifa, they both get done a whole lot.

I'll probably do Barret, simply because I don't think many people would recognize Azul, lol. (Pity, nobody plays Dirge of Cerberus T_T )

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2008, 09:40:21 pm »
Well if I knew what time and place this'll be at I'd come!

I'm cosplaying as Lenne, but her boots are a no-go and I can't get her earrings done x_x And her skirt, let's just say remaking it 8 times and still messing up. Least I have the shirt done - doesn't look TOO great - but I'm satisfied with it.

Sewing by hand isn't fun x_x
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2008, 09:58:05 pm »
Last year I forcibly made a buddy cosplay as pre-game Tifa. We have some adorable pics of falling asleep on each other at a pizza parlor.

Sewing by hand? Yuck. I can do it for small, detail work, like mini-plushes, and dolly clothes, but the idea of doing a cosplay as fangled as Lenna by hand, you get kudos, and I hope you have good luck.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2008, 10:33:44 pm »
It's because we don't have, and are too poor to buy, and I don't know how to work a sewing machine XD;

The skirt's a nightmare. I finish it twice, have to redo it. I finish it a third time, redo again. Finish it more and more and just now I finished it but I sewed it to the wrong side of the waistband and here I am banging my head going "I'm not sewing it again after I just finally got it right! NOOOOO!!!"
Kumori'15

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2008, 04:48:36 pm »
I saw at least three Tifas last year, but yeah, it is pretty even between Aeris and Tifa, they both get done a whole lot.

I'll probably do Barret, simply because I don't think many people would recognize Azul, lol. (Pity, nobody plays Dirge of Cerberus T_T )

You. Azul. Doitnao.

If I'm lucky I'll have one summon Materia left by the end of the weekend. The item menu guy is promised one, Uberwekkness on coscom is promised one 'cause she's another original game Yuffie, lin gets one too because of the Yuffie factor, a couple other people are promised some... I need to get some green decorative resin grapes so I can have magic Materia too.

I need to Bondo my garter and get the leather on it so I can sew it to my pants.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2008, 10:45:46 pm »

You. Azul. Doitnao.

If I'm lucky I'll have one summon Materia left by the end of the weekend. The item menu guy is promised one, Uberwekkness on coscom is promised one 'cause she's another original game Yuffie, lin gets one too because of the Yuffie factor, a couple other people are promised some... I need to get some green decorative resin grapes so I can have magic Materia too.

I need to Bondo my garter and get the leather on it so I can sew it to my pants.

You're probably going to have to find me as Azul at some other point in the con (don't worry, I'll wear it a lot), cause I've decided that Barret would just be all around better recieved and used at the photoshoot.

And I wants materia too! ^_^
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:46:18 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2008, 10:45:53 am »
Wich looks better?

this wig http://www.cosplaymagic.com/final.html

or my styled wig?

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2008, 01:09:08 pm »
I think I like yours better Rose. The color is more accurate, and it doesn't look like it's made of mohair.

But are the spikes on the wrong side?
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2008, 01:31:42 pm »
nope they are on the right side, my cloud plushie's hair is the same direction so yeah they are acurate my webcam mirrors everything though

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2008, 01:50:04 pm »
I dunno... The cosplaymagic one is a bit too yellow in my opinion.

And don't worry Eve, you get Materia too.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2008, 01:59:28 pm »
Yay! Now Barret will be able to heal in battle and won't have to wait for the menu or Aeris! ^_^

Or do many other awesome things depending on what type of materia it is, heh. It's all gravy!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:00:38 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2008, 02:31:19 pm »
It will more than likely be a Summon if I can't find any green decorative resin grapes. HOWEVER, I'm keeping my Knights of the Round.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »
Well yeah, Yuffie must have KoTR, for sure. How else can she defend Wutai?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2008, 02:56:44 pm »
With Leviathan, of course. I should probably ration my Materia-giving so I can keep KotR and Leviathan. Gotta keep my patron god and everything...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2008, 03:06:18 pm »
Yeah, that's only logical. Eventually I want to find out how to make materia and just make a load, enough to give out to everyone, but that is a ways off.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2008, 03:13:23 pm »
Decorative resin grapes, Mouse sander, 1500-grit sandpaper and car polish. If I see a Genesis Rhapsodos I'm totally giving them one no matter what.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2008, 01:50:44 am »
Or if you know someone who knows how to, I bet someone could make them with a glass blower ?
Kumori'15