Author Topic: Cosplay Park Meetup ~Feb. 10, Noon, 1st and 2nd Meet Up Discussion~  (Read 31477 times)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Ok, so I was wandering through YouTube and I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrAtskukwwY&feature=user

What if there was a meet-up similar? No, not like, tents and all that...... o.0 Like, maybe get together in a local park, get odd looks......? I'd probably need someone else to organize this for me, or something, because I'm hopeless at this stuff........It probably wouldn't be until the end of Janurary next year or early Feburary.....Geeze, probably not until after SakuraCon, actually....I don't think any people can handle a meet-up what with Sakuracon under their belts....So, seeing as this s really early, I'm think March or something..... -.-.....Holy crap, this thread will be old....Any ideas, comments, bashes, praises, disgusted looks, randomness...es, or thoughts?

Yeah, it was just a random thought.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:03:59 pm by Syd-chan »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Cosplay Camp Meetup? Hmm...An idea, perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 08:55:11 pm »
that's a pretty cool idea. those were some weird videos and I love getting weird glances from people. I'd be glad to join when it's decided it's going on. ^_^
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline sexynojutsusasuke

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 03:26:46 pm »
Syd-chan *raises hand* i wanna come!
planned cosplay:
Namine
Misa Amane

Offline Scar Yurio

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 03:58:12 pm »
that sounds so kool
someone should plan it
i'd go

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 01:56:45 am »
SakuraCon is in march. end of it. I think Fed would be a better time. maybe... or end April if you want to do it After SakuraCon. My 2 cents on when. But.. depending on where and when. I can be the camera girl. ^^ I have a Flip, digital camcorder thing. ^^ And can put it on youtube.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 03:19:47 am »
o.o Wow....I didn't think people would wanna come.....

Roddy Manic: Feb. sounds good......I could probably drag my friend along...We'd need more people than 6 people total, though......I dunno....Does someone want to help...Erm....Co-plan this with me? [i.e. Help me!!] They'd need to know a good area.....Does anyone have any idea for an area? In Portland/Vancouver? [Don't care which one, they're both an hour drive away! XD]

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 05:49:31 am »
I can try to help a little. as for parks.. there was one in or near portland that I went to back when I played NERO. I know some near Beaverton too. *ones I take my son too. ^^: one is pretty big and has a duck pond. ^^ * I can try and find out more details. How big a park? and a park park, or a hiking/camping park?

Anyone else who would want to come. Where would ya all like it to be?

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 04:05:03 pm »
I want to do this.  :)

How about we go to Ester Short Park in downtown Vancouver? It's the park right across from the hotel that the con was at. It's a nice park.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 08:27:48 pm »
Vancouver is kinda far to go. and there are a lot of nice parks in porland and around it. in Beaverton, Hillsboro, Aloha, Tigard blarg.. so bad at remembering town names. ^^; But maybe that's just me... I live in Beaverton, work in Hillsboro but other might live closer to Washington.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 11:41:15 pm »
Roddy Manic: I'm thinking park park...The camping parks that I've been to seem to have just a little too much more dirt....And park parks have better lighting....I dunno about going as far as Beaverton....I have absolutely no idea where any of the other cities you mentioned were...

How BIG a park...Erm...I'm not sure how many park sizes there are...One that has a good open space, probably not all grass and dirt...Concrete can help in cosplay shoes...xp Nothing too small, whereas it's a wood-chip, plastic-toy one...But not a HUGE one, where there's multiple of one thing [so we can find each other]...And so we can't get lost...Because, as I said before...It's hard to walk around in cosplay trying to find someone...

Cassiopeia: I remember Ester Park......That was a really awesome park.....Nice water and ect.....Also, everyone would know where it's at...[Or a general area ^.^;; Heh...] Plus, I really like the sidewalks there...

Roddy Manic: But are you talking about going to Vancouver to Portland? Well, that's not THAT far away..........Is it? [I HATE living so far away....]

EDIT

Roddy Manic: Ok, seeing as I am clueless, I Mapquested how far it is from Beaverton to Vancouver....No addresses, just the cities....Your right, it is a tad of a drive if you're in cosplay...About a half-hour, is that somewhat correct?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:47:49 pm by Syd-chan »

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
Re: Cosplay Park Meetup.....An idea, perhaps?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 01:11:29 am »
from where I live in Beaverton, even from where I work in Hillsboro, it would take 45 minutes more or less to get to Vancouver. Or that's how long it's ever took me to get across the river in the daytime. *use to go on weekend drives back when she had a mon-fri job.*  and that's driving. Max and bus.. I have no clue, I have never been any further then the Llyod center on the Max. oh, and mapquest always lies on time. ^^; send it take me less then 3 hour to get to SeaTac, when it took me over 4 hours to drive to SakuraCon. But if more people going live in washington then it be more fair to them to have it near them. I would need to try and work around it. I'll just need to know the day preferable a month at the least ahead of time so I can ask for the day off work, and if it's a weekend I have my son I'd need to make sure he has someone to watch him. But the 9th of Feb is his dad's weekend, and the 23rd is too. So maybe have it one of those Saturdays? then I wouldn't need to worry about time or how long things took.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 03:10:08 am »

You know you wanna go there.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 04:51:25 am »
It's a nice park.. but so are many I've been seeing. Okay.. my memory stinks. looking at a list of parks. so many. thought the one I had gone to was Creston Park,  http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?action=ViewPark&PropertyID=25 , but it doesn't have the woods I remember it having. and doesn't seem like it was located there. So I don't remember now. but that was.. like 4 years ago.

But, Maybe we should wait and see who all will come, then find a park in the center of all of us to make the travel time fair for everyone?

so far this is the only list I could find that is a good one.
http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?ShowResults=yes&AmenityTypeID=31

and now, I work in 7 hours, so I need to get to bed. ^^;;

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 07:01:17 am »
The most centrally located park is the waterfront park.

Ester short park is right by where kumoricon 2007 was that is why everyone knows it :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 12:42:51 pm »
i vote ester short so i dont get lost ^^;
planned cosplay:
Namine
Misa Amane

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 05:21:54 pm »
Yeah, I agree with Roddy Manic whereas we need to figure out just who is coming and where they are coming from before we settle on Ester Short Park.....

Syd-chan: 60 mi to Vancouver

Basically just say how long it takes to get to Vancouver or Portland if you know for sure you could probably go.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 06:56:25 pm »
I live in east Vancouver, closer towards Camas. To get to Ester Short Park it'd take 15 minutes or so... it's like 12 miles away from my house. To get to Portland it's a bit longer.

But I can't drive myself and I'm not sure how far my parents are willing to drive me... 'cause wherever we go they'd have to drive there and back twice or stay there themselves if it's too far - and then there's an issue of time. How long would we be there?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:08:38 pm by Cassiopeia »

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 04:17:27 am »
wow, I'd love having it up at that park O_O! Being right next to where Kcon was and all... We all should know the area pretty well |D

It's only about half an hour there for me, so I'm sure it would be easy to convince my mom to let me go~

Also, I vote it for in february, as well =o I should have my cosplay by then, it'll be cool <3

ALSO!

Random note, I'm making these odd little charms ( see hazuza.deviantart.com ) And I could make some for all you guys there =D (for a small fee.... >w> Just 2buckz now, comeon, I gotta make money somehow.)  If you know what you'd like, just PM me before the meet so I could make one :x

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 12:00:00 pm »
ummm 10 to 15 minutes ^^;
planned cosplay:
Namine
Misa Amane

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 07:47:41 am »
Hmm....So how many people would be okay with it in Vancouver rather than Portland [doesn't matter to me, I'll just need directions if it's a different park besides the Con park]? Also......If this ever does get organized [which it sounds like it is! yay!], we would need stuffs to keep us busy.....Erm...Ideas, maybe? Like, we could do something like Red Rover...? Or Glomp Spin the Ramune Bottle [if we have enough people for both those games....We'd need like, 10 people]?

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 04:51:19 pm »
Someone should bring all their art supplies so we can make funny hats like back in grade school |D

But cooler.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 06:02:51 pm »
Someone should bring all their art supplies so we can make funny hats like back in grade school |D

But cooler.

Funny hats? Ooo....You must explain!! *ish clueless*

But I can't drive myself and I'm not sure how far my parents are willing to drive me... 'cause wherever we go they'd have to drive there and back twice or stay there themselves if it's too far - and then there's an issue of time. How long would we be there?

How long would we be there....Urg...Looks like we should have it the 9th of Feb or else the 23rd....I dunno....xp....We should decide on one of those dates....Seeing as Roddy could be our camera-person...So, we should decide a date and on whether Ester Short Park or some other park...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 06:27:19 pm by Syd-chan »

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »
I have a dance team competition on Feb. 23rd, so not then please... I'll be busy all day. >_<

Edit: Wait... I might have one on the 9th too... ==; I have one on Jan. 26th, Feb. 16th, Feb. 23rd and March 1st. I seriously hope I don't have one on Feb. 9th. Anyway... those are all on Saturdays, so could we do this on a Sunday instead?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:33:59 pm by Cassiopeia »

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 09:10:41 pm »
If it's the 23rd or 9th I could go anywhere really, since I don't have my son. Just need to knew so I can ask for the day off work. But sundays he gets home at 6pm, so I'd be rushing all day if it wasn't near by and things never seem as fun when I rush about. Also, the one that was "by the con" I still could get lost going to since I wasn't able to make the Con last year so have no idea where it is. ^^; so I'd need to study mapquest hard before heading out. ^^; *learned to drive in CO, mountains on the other side, and much more visible, so is always turned around here.*

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 09:25:34 pm »
So the 9th then... I hope we qualify for state then, or else I won't be able to go at all. Unless we meet up at 8 p.m. or something.

Edit: Wait, what about Feb. 2nd? Is that at all a possibility?

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 11:15:50 pm »
Well, for me, it really doesn't matter...I'm open any weekend.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 02:40:44 am »
The only Saturday that I'm free in February is the 2nd. Not the second Saturday, which is the 9th and I'm only maybe free then, but Feb. 2nd. ._.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 02:16:06 pm »
23rd or 9th are the only two full days my son's with his dad, so the only two I can do in Feb. So if others can do it then I can't make it. But more people there is better and a camera, so I understand.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 03:10:10 pm »
Since there's a chance I'll be free on the 9th, we could have it then.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 09:56:58 am »
Nevermind, I dance practice from 1:00 to 5:00 on Feb. 9th.

I have dance practice or a competition every Saturday in January and February... So I won't be able to make it unless we have it on Sunday, make it later in the day, or later in the year.

... Have fun, guys, make sure to show me videos. `>_<

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 07:28:37 am »
Aw....Poor Cassiopeia....

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 08:06:40 am »
Awh D:

Why don't we have two, then? One on a saturday, and one on a sunday? It worked with a few meetups :x No, not right after each other, of course xD Different weekends in case people want to go twice~

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 07:26:09 pm »
Awh D:

Why don't we have two, then? One on a saturday, and one on a sunday? It worked with a few meetups :x No, not right after each other, of course xD Different weekends in case people want to go twice~

Yeahhh I like that idea. :D

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 11:14:38 pm »
Sounds like it'd be fun. I just wish there were more people on the forums that lived near me. ^_^;

Me and my friend did something like this before.. except it was a Black Metal Barbecue (BMBBQ). He wore a cape, corpse paint, spikes, etc., etc. I had on some corpse paint. A few other people showed up. And we had ourselves a mean BBQ and ate potato chips. It was funny because there was also a get together being held in the building in the park.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 03:44:33 pm »
Sounds like it'd be fun. I just wish there were more people on the forums that lived near me. ^_^;

Me and my friend did something like this before.. except it was a Black Metal Barbecue (BMBBQ). He wore a cape, corpse paint, spikes, etc., etc. I had on some corpse paint. A few other people showed up. And we had ourselves a mean BBQ and ate potato chips. It was funny because there was also a get together being held in the building in the park.

Aw, that sounds so fun!

Awh D:

Yeahhh I like that idea. :D

Yeah, that sounds fun!!! Very......Smart!!!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 01:23:59 am »
I finally decided to stop being lazy and read this thread. ~.~
So, what day is it? And guys, the 2nd is the Masquerade Dance; I don't think people would want to attend a meet up on that day.
Since everyone would be in the park, PhantmK wanted to do a picnic sort of thing during Spring, but considering we'd all be outside freezing our asses off anyway, it would give us something to do.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 07:34:35 am »
Ok.....So the weekends are....

Feb 2-3 [Can't use b/c of Masquerade]
Feb 9-10
Feb 16-17
Feb 23-24

If we're doing the DOUBLE meet-up thing, than it could either be for two days, 1 weekend [i.e. the Saturday and Sunday of that weekend].

Or it could be during different weekends.

Now, seeing as my schedual is clear, I'm going to leave this up to decide for the people who might need or want the double meet-up. Frankly, I'm all-clear either way. So, if you want the double-meetup, you should probably tell us here, as well as which dates.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
Re: Cosplay Park Meetup ~Planning Stages, Need Date, ect~
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 12:53:00 pm »
I don't think i could get a costume togeather in such a short time, but i'd still like to come and hang out. Hopefuly it'll be close to portland or else i might need to rent a car... I cant provide dates cause my work does schedules per week so just have to prey on that one
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 05:06:46 pm »
Woo,Another meetup eh..? xD

I feel like i'm alone over here in vancouver.>.> xD
But i'd love to come to this meetup.^o^
Plus i'm sure Haley would drag me into it anyways at some point.^_^

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 07:49:48 pm »

You're in Vancouver?? I'm not that far from Vancouver... ;\

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 09:46:28 pm »

Psh.Yeah,But it seems like everyone else on the forums is in portland.xD To be honest,Its the only reason i went to kumoricon.It was just so close,So why not..?XD And then i ended up liking it. -feels ashamed-

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 09:58:46 pm »

Psh.Yeah,But it seems like everyone else on the forums is in portland.xD To be honest,Its the only reason i went to kumoricon.It was just so close,So why not..?XD And then i ended up liking it. -feels ashamed-

Yeah it sucks when everyone feels so far away.. well, they are and they aren't. It's like a 30 minute drive but when you don't drive.. ^_^;; One day I'll get my license, just you wait and see! XD And I've yet to come across anyone here that lives in Battle Ground like me. It's a small city of about 10,000. I did run into a few anime fans at the library and told 'em about Kumoricon.. they've never attended. =(

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 10:10:28 pm »

Yeah it sucks when everyone feels so far away.. well, they are and they aren't. It's like a 30 minute drive but when you don't drive.. ^_^;; One day I'll get my license, just you wait and see! XD And I've yet to come across anyone here that lives in Battle Ground like me. It's a small city of about 10,000. I did run into a few anime fans at the library and told 'em about Kumoricon.. they've never attended. =(

Wow.Thats sad.o_o Battleground is pretty close to portland.>.> Buuut i have a fear of driving.^///^ I'm noticing this is a little off topic of the whole meetup thing.>.> XD

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2008, 05:22:44 pm »
Lol, it is.....But the Kumoricon forums are loaded with off-topic-ness*.......

*Syd-Chan's wonderfully new word that she came up with.....Ok, fine, she just typed it, but a little asterisk by it and typed this..........Word-ruiner.....

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2008, 05:54:38 pm »
Ok.....So the weekends are....

Feb 2-3 [Can't use b/c of Masquerade]
Feb 9-10
Feb 16-17
Feb 23-24

If we're doing the DOUBLE meet-up thing, than it could either be for two days, 1 weekend [i.e. the Saturday and Sunday of that weekend].

Or it could be during different weekends.

Now, seeing as my schedual is clear, I'm going to leave this up to decide for the people who might need or want the double meet-up. Frankly, I'm all-clear either way. So, if you want the double-meetup, you should probably tell us here, as well as which dates.

I want a double meet-up!
I like the idea of Sunday the 10th because I don't have a competition on the Saturday of that weekend, just practice.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 05:56:10 pm »

I live in Vancouver too..

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2008, 07:24:24 pm »
I'm near the end of the world, Portland is about 45 minutes from here if the traffic isn't bad.
I live in an even smaller town of 3,000. ~.~ Although, there are plenty of Anime fans here.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:32 pm »
Well I live in salem! and it sucks

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 09:40:18 am »
I am interested in this, and it gives me time to see my friends from Kumoricon [hugs Sayda-chan] I miss you dearest.I will ride hours on a bus to kidnap you anyday hun, as long as I don't miss class ;D

Has a date been chosen for this? Or Park yet? Sorry to be a bother

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 03:32:58 pm »
I am interested in this, and it gives me time to see my friends from Kumoricon [hugs Sayda-chan] I miss you dearest.I will ride hours on a bus to kidnap you anyday hun, as long as I don't miss class ;D

Has a date been chosen for this? Or Park yet? Sorry to be a bother

I'll be going into Portland soon, so Steven can make my cosplay at his school. We should hang out then!

I think the park everyone decided on was the one across from the Hilton where Kumoricon '07 was held. And... I can't remember the date. ~.~
AX :
- Debut Cosplay