Author Topic: Anyone YGO Cosplayers for '08?  (Read 4810 times)

Offline hales731

• Oni
    • Hales731 @ Livejournal.Com
Anyone YGO Cosplayers for '08?
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:57:38 am »
This year, with luck, I'll be attending Kumoricon for the first time, and if I do, I'll be cosplaying as either Yami no Bakura (from Battle City) or Thief King Bakura. And, if possible, I'd love to know if anyone else will be cosplaying as a YGO character! If you are, let me know, and hopefully we can get a photoshoot organized!

Also, I might get my sister to cosplay as Mana (or someone else from YGO). The more the merrier!

Offline luckytrousers

• Cabbit
    • luckytrousers
Re: Anyone YGO Cosplayers for '08?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:42:15 pm »
0_o I think I know you! Do you remember Subway where a Lolita, Cloud, and a random school boy were sitting? I think I glomped you like three times in a row for quoting the Abridged Series and then that Yugi Oh fan-kid asked you questions! (If not *blushes* I'm SO sorry...) I'm going as someone else on the second day but maybe, sounds fun! Where exactly does one buy YGO cosplay?
Some are lucky to have sad dreams, but I'd rather have happy nightmares.

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 11:55:30 pm »
Sorry about semi-necroing, but I have to reply...'cause I was one of the people to get the thread on SakuraCon forums to 11 pages.  xD
Too bad I can't go to Sakura '08.  D:  There's going to be a whole group there.

Anyway...I'm coming as Mana!  Definitely!  And I'm pretty sure I'll have my BJD by then, and I'm planning on making her a Dark Magician Girl cosplay to go with me.  OwO
There are a few others on my future cosplay list, too - Pharaoh, Yugi, maybe Kisara...

Photoshoot would be total and complete win.  There were so few in 07 (not like I'm complaining; they were awesome!) that a photoshoot didn't happen...and anyway, my Yugi pajamas were so obscure nobody knew them except those I told.  xD

(Note to self, stop with the posts when tired/half asleep.)

Edit - xD  I just noticed your sig...
I'm laylaastra from PTDC :'D  The newbie who hasn't posted a lot.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:59:04 pm by Kotoumi »
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 08:03:26 pm »
I won't be cosplaying from it but I will say this.... cosplay as Yami... I'll love you for life.

Offline ssceles

• Cabbit
    • Sakura-con 2007 Cosplaying Adventure
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 07:00:18 pm »
xD I can't say much, but I think that awesome Yami no Bakura that's been been to the same last three conventions with me (Sakura-con, Kumori-con, and Sakura-con again) is coming again to Kumori-con. Twas amazing. Watched him take out one of his contacts and then pop it back in. He has blue eyes under those beautiful brown contacts, people! o.o

*cough* But yeah, me, YGO, '08? Not sure yet. My room mate wants to dress me up as Yami no Bakura as well just so they can go as Yami no Mariku and drag me around all day. >> *will prolly end up leashing them and pulling them around instead*

Other than that, nah, I'm doing Kingdom Hearts stuff. (Riku, Zexion... no one here probably cares.)

Offline IvoryxIllusions

• Cabbit
    • Icon by: Yureteru~.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 12:16:57 am »
This year, with luck, I'll be attending Kumoricon for the first time, and if I do, I'll be cosplaying as either Yami no Bakura (from Battle City) or Thief King Bakura. And, if possible, I'd love to know if anyone else will be cosplaying as a YGO character! If you are, let me know, and hopefully we can get a photoshoot organized!

Also, I might get my sister to cosplay as Mana (or someone else from YGO). The more the merrier!

Hey!  So, I ttly know you from livejournal. ;D  With that said, I am very excited to see this Yami no Bakura costume you'll be doing~! (As I am with any Bakura, but you know!) Of the two though, I do hope you choose Yami no Bakura instead of Thief King, just because I love him so much more like that.  x3  Either way, can't wait to see it and I hope luck works out so you can go. <3

I really want to do a YGO cosplay but I just don't know who to do!  I have a YGO GX costume but I still really wanna do original! 
-

No -sleep- to what?!

Brooklyn. ;D

Offline Pixie Stix

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:23:07 am »
Aw I won't be doing any YGO cosplay, but I hope to get photos of whoever does it. :D

I know I was Ryuuzaki once at Anime Expo 05 back when I was 12.. <_<;
Kumo 08: Warp/Kaiba from Kaiba

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 08:49:26 am »
I'm going to be cosplaying Thief King Bakura (Egyptian version), full regalia. Should be interesting.....now all I need to do is find a place that has lots of fake jewelry to hang off of me. And I need to make the Millennium Ring....*ponders*

Not sure what day just yet. Anyone know when the photoshoot's going to be? I'll do it on that day, except if it's the last day.

Going to be a bit tricky since I'm a girl and the outfit he wears is a blood red cloak that's open chested. <.<....>.>....

Ah well, I'll work my way around it. Anyone doing Yami and/or Pharaoh Atemu? We need at least one Pharaoh Atemu.....
-Bakura
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Charis

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 02:40:21 pm »
I cosplayed as Yami Bakura and Thief King Bakura at last years Kumoricon, and I'll probably be doing it again.  I was in a big group with a Kaiba, Joey, Ryou Bakura, Yugi, and Mokuba.  Unfortunately I had forgotten my Millenium Ring at home last year too, and since it was an 6 hour drive, I unfortunately had to go without it for the whole con.  I'll definitely be in full costume this year though.  I have no idea who all will be cosplaying with me though.  I definitely think we will have to plan a photoshoot once its a bit closer to the con, and everyone knows what their plans are.
Kumori Con '09-

Sokka- Avatar: The Last Airbender
Bakura- Yugioh
???

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 08:51:13 am »
Costume= coolness
No millennium ring = suckiness!

My very first Sakuracon that I went to back in 2005 I was Yami no Bakura, managed to pull together a last minute millennium ring that ended up flaking out a bit before closing ceremonies. Had the duel disk and everything, too. *shakes head*

This year'll be better with my Thief King Bakura costume. Anyone know where to get the wig? There ain't no way I'm dying my hair.....especially that color too since it involves bleaching. (My hair is black normally)

I'll have a decent sized YGO cosplay group at least during Sakuracon '09 of next year....we're attempting at getting as many Ancient Egyptian YGO cosplayers together as much as possible. (Having a Pharaoh Atemu would be fantastic...)

So if you guys see a rather small-built girl in a Thief King Bakura with a lot of fake jewelry hanging off of her, that'd be me. (also has dark skin)

Hope to see you all there,
-Bakura
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Charis

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:34 pm »
I'm really excited for this now.

I decided to be Thief King Bakura again this year, and my Ryou has now decided to put together an Ancient Egypt costume.  We're going to go for the slave/well kept pet look for her.  We're really excited about this, and I hope it goes well!

Yay!
Kumori Con '09-

Bakura- Yugioh
???

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 09:14:59 am »
Awesome.

I have a possibility of  having a Pharaoh Atemu with me for Kumoricon, depending on how her health goes, she'll be him.

I will though definately have a Pharaoh Atemu for Sakuracon '09, as well as a High Priest Seth. I'm working on pulling together a larger Ancient Egypt group together, as many as the main characters as possible. I'll probably have a Kaiba as well. Hopefully. *crosses fingers* We're gonna do a skit along with the YGO coordinator for the cosplay contest....gonna be awesome! *bounces*
-Bakura
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline dark_master

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 05:47:30 pm »
Hey all. I am the Yami Bakura from last year's con plus the one that was seen at Sakura Con for the past two years in a row.

In case you haven't seen me yet here is a picture of me.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1477715/

Now the question right now is "Do I want to return as Bakura?" I wasn't really planning on it. I have three other cosplay outfits I'm doing this year so I don't know. If I did it probably only be for a short while or maybe a day at least. Again, I don't know.
Kumoricon 2009 - Cosplay list

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
Yusei Fudo (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 11:51:54 am »
Hey all. I am the Yami Bakura from last year's con plus the one that was seen at Sakura Con for the past two years in a row.

In case you haven't seen me yet here is a picture of me.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1477715/

Now the question right now is "Do I want to return as Bakura?" I wasn't really planning on it. I have three other cosplay outfits I'm doing this year so I don't know. If I did it probably only be for a short while or maybe a day at least. Again, I don't know.

Ah ha, I remember you. *'I was the Shuichi'*

It's up to you if you want to be Bakura, though it'd be interesting to see all of the Bakuras, Thief Kings, and Ryous in one place.

I'll be the Thief King again for Sakuracon '09 next year, but I may be Pharaoh Atemu too, seeing as how I'll most likely have a Yugi. Haven't decided on that yet....

It'll be interesting if I'm both. .....it'll be amusing to see me dash to the bathroom, change, and come back out as a different person. o.o I'm already doing like four costumes as it is...
-Bakura
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 11:05:06 pm »
And I half-necro again.  Oh well.  It's important.  >_>

Photoshoot.  When should this happen?
(Preferably not Sunday morning due to the Ouran photoshoot - one because I'm in it [xD], and two because it might steal cameras away from us, and I think we deserve it with all the gravity defying we have to do.)
We need input!

In other news, I found some old vinyl fabric that I could turn into boot bases for Mana.  Thanks, mom, for saving everything.  After that happens, I'll just need to cover it in my linen and mess around with wonderflex and my wig.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 02:23:30 pm »
I hope i see you all there ^_^
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 10:51:26 pm »
I think we hope to see many people.

I repeat my question:
Photoshoot, when?

I'm thinking Saturday sometime, though I'd rather it not be on Monday.
Sat/Sun would be great for me, in other words.

What do you think?

KumoriCon 2014

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 09:20:24 pm »
Le hm.. at AX '07 I was Yami Marik for all 3 days.. perhaps on one day i can be Yami Marik again XD.. course idk if i should.. think its a good idea to do the same thing for two cons in a row?
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 09:25:52 pm »
I don't think anyone has a problem with it, so long as it's clean.  xD

I've worn one of my costumes to every con I've gone to (The last two KumoriCons, but still) and I've gotten more "Hey, I saw you last year!  =D" responses.

Go for it if you really want to.  The more YuGiOh, the better!

KumoriCon 2014

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 10:29:34 pm »
Well i guess the main question is what date and time cuz i'm planning to be another cosplay for the other two days so i wanna try to get with the group still so i wont be the odd one out... again D:
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 02:59:34 pm »
I'm trying to figure that out, too, 'cause I'm in the same boat as you.

So I'm trying to revive the thread and plan when the photoshoot will be so I know when Mana has to be done.  What's a good day for you, or are any okay?

KumoriCon 2014

Offline istehlurvz

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 03:08:23 pm »
To all YGO cosplayers!
Im gonna rape you all with love and kindness 8'D
<3
COSPLAYS
Naruto - Deidara (deadoralive!XD)
OTHERS - to be anounced 8D (still gotta figure them out X3 Just focusing on Sakuracon now)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 01:14:20 pm »
well a large group of my friends were planning on doing a huge cosplay group for YTAS for sa-con. we were going to do a skit and mass mahem all over the con. we might need more people for it too.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 01:56:41 pm »
@ istehlurvz - ...O____O

@ tofutakeout - I'll be Mana for Sakura, if I can go.  If you need a crazy magical girl from the Egypt arc, I'm more than willing to help out. 8D

KumoriCon 2014

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 02:23:27 am »
really kotoumi? I think we might. we were going to do a huge group like almost all the characters. we still need to talk some things over but I'll definitely hold you on that. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 02:34:42 pm »
Well i guess the main question is what date and time cuz i'm planning to be another cosplay for the other two days so i wanna try to get with the group still so i wont be the odd one out... again D:

Well, do what I do and switch into your YGO cosplay right before the photoshoot!

Since I already have my other cosplays figured out, I sadly won't have time to be Yami Yugi for a full day. So I'm going to switch into Yami before the photoshoot. ^_^ Hopefully I can spike up my hair in time for that. XD
-Yami/Alice
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 02:53:55 pm »
@ tofutakeout - Yeah!  Awesome.  We'll keep each other posted, then.  :3

@ TohmaSeguchi - We have to figure out when the photoshoot is, first.  8D
(But I do that "wear something just for the photoshoot/event" thing for the Ouran stuff...It's reliable.)

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Charis

• Cabbit
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 10:08:47 pm »
For the photoshoot, I'm voting sunday.
Kumori Con '09-

Bakura- Yugioh
???

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 02:47:33 am »
Sooo.......*needs to make a decision*

I'm already taking at least four costumes this year, thanks to all the photoshoots that I said I'd be in. <.<.......>.>......

Do you guys really need a Yami? I'd love to be him, but if that were the case then I'd have to cosplay him for at least half a day because of his annoying hair. -_-;; (Using her natural hair and spiking it up/coloring it)

Also.........Pharaoh Atemu or Yami Yugi? (Already have Yami's, can easily get Atemu's)

*needs help in this decision*.....
-Yami/Atemu
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 02:27:00 am »
Just a warning, I'm probably going to end up being extremely biased with that question.  xD

Because I'll be Mana.  The Pharaoh's best friend.
Hopefully that was enough of a hint.  xD

Well, what day would be best for you to have the half-day crazyhair?  It might help with the photoshoot planning, as well...you never know~!

KumoriCon 2014

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 03:51:24 pm »
Just a warning, I'm probably going to end up being extremely biased with that question.  xD

Because I'll be Mana.  The Pharaoh's best friend.
Hopefully that was enough of a hint.  xD

Well, what day would be best for you to have the half-day crazyhair?  It might help with the photoshoot planning, as well...you never know~!

*snickers* Wellll.....guess I'll be bringing that then~! I'll wear the Pharaoh Atemu costume....since the leather'd be a bit of hassle to look for.

XD *hugs Mana*
-Atemu

EDIT: Since I won't be able to get the Pharaoh Atemu costume in time....(since qqcosplay is being a bunch of idiots......) I'm just going to wear the normal leather outfit that he puts on. Of course my hair'll still be spiked, I'll still have the puzzle, etc...

Now all I need is a Yugi.....*looks around*
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:10:00 am by TohmaSeguchi »
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline The Sphinxyness

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 10:28:57 am »
Hey, I'm not going as a original Yugioh character (though I could easily be Tea xD) I'm actually going as Jaden/Judai from GX (hopefully if I can make or find a good red jacket.. and maybe a duel disk.. and make my Winged Kuriboh) lol It was kind of a last minute idea but it'd be cool if I could find you guys or I can even join up for the photoshoot if you'd like. ^.^
Kumori-con '11: If I go, my boyfriend and I will be going as Lucy Heartfilia (me) and Loki (boyfriend) from Fairy Tail

Current Bishounen of the week: My boyfriend <3 lol

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 06:59:33 pm »
I've never really watched GX, but I'd probably end up excited for any YuGiOh character there.  xD

And considering we don't really know when the photoshoot even is...it's questionable if there even will be one.  I think the vote was leaning toward Sunday, but time was never mentioned.  xD

KumoriCon 2014