Author Topic: World's most expensive dessert  (Read 4462 times)

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
World's most expensive dessert
« on: February 16, 2008, 06:28:30 pm »
I feel kinda obligated to share this cos it was just....wow...

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
Re: World's most expensive dessert
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:09:26 pm »
Welcome to the opposite end of the spectrum, where here too, people are too out of touch with reality.  Maybe that gold-digging bimbo can meet up with someone silly enough to spend money on this.  (and then both get mugged and taught a lesson as they show off their new crap on the walk away.)
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:06:32 am »
That is truly a waste of money, I have to say. If one is well-off enough to afford to be frivolous to this degree...they should reconsider their priorities. But, then again, who am I to judge, it's not like I have ever been in that situation, lol. Very crazy meal indeed, that's for sure.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 10:09:25 am »
OK, I know you all love making fun of the rich people but if I was some sort of software billionaire who wanted to marry a gal, I think that would be an awesome way to propose. don't think of it as 1.4 million dollars worth of dessert, think of it as $1,399,994.00 worth of GIANT PINK DIAMOND RING with a side of $6 dessert.

Although you do get to keep the set of crystal that comes with the port as well, that's a bottle (or decanter) and at least two crystal glasses to drink from. So after your body is done with the dessert you still have some nice leftovers.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 01:28:39 pm »
I was starting to wonder how much it would be for the desert minus the ring.

I also wonder what would happen if more than one person ordered it at the same time.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 01:35:50 pm »
They'd probably make the two or more who ordered the dish fight to the death over it, but then realizing that they are rich, they'd just pay some lower-tier folk to die for them.........okay I kid. ^_0

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 02:21:15 pm »
I was starting to wonder how much it would be for the desert minus the ring.

I also wonder what would happen if more than one person ordered it at the same time.
*sighs* even if it didn't have a ring in it, it would still probably be too expensive. It's like a designer brand name... all their work is expensive, regardless of whether or not it's worth the money xD
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 03:00:43 pm »
Seeing $5 bottled water proves this point.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 03:11:57 pm »
1. Supply dessert
2. Add million dollar jewelry
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 03:22:56 pm »
You want to know what's better than a clear pink rock composed of pure carbon surrounded by straberries?

A clear pink rock composed of pure carbon surrounded by RAWBERRYZ. (as in Power Thirst)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 06:02:12 pm »
They'd probably make the two or more who ordered the dish fight to the death over it, but then realizing that they are rich, they'd just pay some lower-tier folk to die for them.........okay I kid. ^_0

Hmm well they'd have to go with the who ordered it first...by the second? LoL I dunno but I'm kinda curious to see what the next dessert will be if this DID get sold DX

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »
chris sez if he hard tons of money he would buy it for me.....i'd take it
shiny....
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 09:47:40 pm »
You kidding me?! For $1.4 million I better get to take the band home with me, too! They can sleep in the garage and whenever I feel like some music I'll call 'em in.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 09:57:17 pm »
Maybe it's the chef's form of retirement xD
Seeing as though it's soooo expensive, maybe he'll never have to come up with something else ever again lol
..... unless if someone does buy it T__T
Then it's back to work, heh.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 11:35:55 pm »
Oddly enough I was thinking the same thing.  They would probably have the waiters/waitresses do it.

(In the mind of the battling servers)
"That rich guy better leave me a large tip for this."

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
    • Bundyangel15's Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 11:59:41 pm »
LMAO

wow 1 that ring is not that pretty, 2 i woulld NEVER pay 1.4 m illion for it

3... yeah im just in a 3 mood right now.

i wonder if the waiters/waitresses get to choose a weapon to battle to the death whit?

W1 "I choose the fondue fork! *swings it around*
W2 " Well, I chose the french bread!"
W1 "... Why?"
W2 "Because it's 4 months old and can hit harder than me! Lets fight to the death!" *pulls out bread and swings it side to side threateningly*
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 12:34:22 pm »
LMAO

i wonder if the waiters/waitresses get to choose a weapon to battle to the death whit?

W1 "... Why?"
W2 "Because it's 4 months old and can hit harder than me! Lets fight to the death!" *pulls out bread and swings it side to side threateningly*

Lol well actually...I accidentally froze a whole navel orange (I put it in there just to make it cold faster but I forgot about it) and I took it out and my brother was like, "you can kill someone with that" XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
    • Bundyangel15's Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 02:02:55 pm »
LMAO

W1 "... Why?"

Lol well actually...I accidentally froze a whole navel orange (I put it in there just to make it cold faster but I forgot about it) and I took it out and my brother was like, "you can kill someone with that" XD

lol! XD its like an all natural canon ball XDD
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 05:38:18 pm »
I wonder what the tensile/crush strength of a solid block of ice is?  It might depend on temperature.  It's probably going to be quite annoying though, as if you get a perfect (clear) crystal then it should have some kind of rough 3d interlink shape that has all of the standard angular circles formed by the combination of H2O atoms at their preferred angle.  (I don't know what it is, only that it is.)

An orange or any other frozen organic matter, especially watery stuff, will likely be approximately the same, but with built in faults along cell-walls.

The reason it will be so much more dangerous of course, is that during impact it won't deform to spread the energy out over the duration of impact. Instead it will be more or less unyielding.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 06:19:31 pm »
I wonder what the tensile/crush strength of a solid block of ice is?  It might depend on temperature.  It's probably going to be quite annoying though, as if you get a perfect (clear) crystal then it should have some kind of rough 3d interlink shape that has all of the standard angular circles formed by the combination of H2O atoms at their preferred angle.  (I don't know what it is, only that it is.)

An orange or any other frozen organic matter, especially watery stuff, will likely be approximately the same, but with built in faults along cell-walls.

The reason it will be so much more dangerous of course, is that during impact it won't deform to spread the energy out over the duration of impact. Instead it will be more or less unyielding.

Uh...so a frozen orange as a weapon...yay or nay?

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 06:31:57 pm »
Insane price... but it looks so yummy! *eats pictures*

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 07:39:50 pm »
yeah aint the tip supost to be 15% for decent 20% for great?
hmm nice tip

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 09:32:48 pm »
I've operated on a scale of roughly 10% for 'at least my food was hot, or you really tried to fix it (and got nothing else right)', 15% for 'Average' and 20% for 'Everything was perfect, I didn't have to think of a single petty detail (Like proper condiments (full bottle of ketchup), and 'bottomless' drinks actually feeling that way (me never hitting bottom of a glass without a replacement already on the table, close counts though.)).
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 09:37:59 pm »
yeah mike i have horror story from TGI fridays that was the worst ever, i left a tip of 1.84 for a meal that costed  originaly 25$ and it was the most i could bring myself to tip cold soup and a 30 min wait for the check

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 09:57:15 pm »
I remember that now that from an earlier thread now that you bring it up.  It's sometimes difficult, but I do try to rate the waiting staff on things that are in their control.

My most recent dining experience the food was excellent, so at least they had that part of the service down.  The table lacked ketchup and no one noticed it until after the food was already there and the non-waiting staff delivery dude left.

The biggest thing they failed on though.  My Dr. Pepper had WAY too much ice, and refills were sparse and way past me draining it. (I think I got a total of 3 glasses over the meal, and among those about 30 actual ounces of soda, at like $3.50/4 for the glass!)

The meal ended up getting about at 15% tip.  However I also wrote on a part of the receipt that could be removed later without voiding it that those two areas needed improvement.  Hopefully they realized I wasn't trying to be a ****, but actually help them better serve their customers and thus get better tips.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 02:54:20 pm »
For the best reasons of why you shouldn't tip, watch the first 10 miuntes of Resovoir Dogs... though I still tip.

Who loves Mr. Pink? ;D

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 08:00:06 pm »
can i has big shiney ring plessss?