Author Topic: COSPLAY PROGRESS thread 2008  (Read 139315 times)

Offline Shinigami Squirrel

• Sailor Scout
Re: COSPLAY PROGRESS thread 2008
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2008, 09:23:10 pm »
Well, I will post both mine and my sister's costume progress on here...

So, for me:

Mukuro from Hitman Reborn:

-wig is finished and styled
 -pants and jacket made
 *need to finish his weapon
 *need a camo shirt

Ryuk from Death Note:

-Need to remake belt
 -have to find better pants
 -more makeup

basically everything on this costume I have to redo since last time everything was falling apart :/

I will be wearing the Mukuro to both AX08 and K-con08, but the ryuk is strictly for K-con :D

Now, for my sisters list :)

Misa Amane from Death Note:

-dress is bought and paid for
 -have black thigh high rose pattern stockings
 -wig from last time still good
 *need to fix shoes or find new ones

My shoe's buckles snapped so I either have to fix em or find new ones D: and they were expensive! DX

Charlotte Elbourne from Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust:

-need no wig since my hair is long enough :D
 -bodice is finished, just need to hem the bottom
 -sleeves need to be finished and hemmed
 -skirt is finished
 -train and side poofs need to be cut and sewed
 -necklace and headpiece need to be made

*sister talking* I am wearing Charlotte to AX08 and K-con, so Misa is just for k-con :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:24:41 pm by Shinigami Squirrel »

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2008, 04:28:37 pm »
I bought earrings for my Stella cosplay. They're not exactly the same, but they'll do. They're also kinda heavy...ack~

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2008, 05:32:58 pm »
I finally have my glue gun back, so now I can start repairing li'l bro's Tres. I need to make his shoulder armor and his belts, as well as repair his shoes. Blegh.

I need to Bondo the stuff for Yuffie and start on my Random Artbook TB Nun... She'll give me problems, I just know it.

I also need to finish my sitar, finish making all my Materia, order a wig for RATBN and Yuffie, make most of the clothes for Yuffie... Ugh. Thank gods for summer, eh?

Offline Kurokaizoku

• Chibi
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2008, 06:02:23 pm »
I wish I could make my costumes. But I will have to wait to closer to august...pregnancy doesn't work well with costume making >.>
But I should get started on my fiances costume.
We are doing Asuma and pregnant Kurenai. Although Asuma dies before she is that far along, we're rolling with it.
I'm not sure what my other costumes will be yet.
Probably Mrs. Osono from Kiki's delivery service since she is way easy.

I'm jealous of all you motivated people that started back in february or earlier..... I think I will be doing that for next years since I wont have much time to sit around and procrastinate....
'07- Console Gaming staff. First con. Ever.
'08- Console Gaming staff.
'09- Console Gaming Manager.
'10- Console Gaming Assistant Manager
'11- Con Suite Manager
'12- Live Events Assistant Manager

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2008, 12:59:41 am »
YES! Everyone! So I've made the collar today, a belt, and the shirt for my Haruhi cosplay!
I'm going to but up a step-by-step instuction on how to make the sailor fuku collar also on youtube! XD
It looks really cool! The skirt i'm going to finish up tomorrow with elastic and the sleeves...Eh...I'm lazy...
I could probably get it done by wendnesday where everyone I've told is going to cosplay at school...
But I'm lazy so I'll just probably make the armband and be done with it...
I think I'm going to dye my hair brown for it too and I'll have to make the headband at somepoint....
I just donno how.... Well that's my update.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2008, 10:43:24 pm »
i'm a lazy bum *kicks bum*
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2008, 12:25:51 am »
yay thrifting tomorrow. hopefully I'll find the shoes I need.

Offline Caelendil

• Cabbit
    • My deviantart
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2008, 01:52:04 am »
Things I need to do...
Axel- Org XIII
Either attempt to fix chakrams, or remake entirely out of wood (current ones are made of insulation foam). A seam on the hood needs to be redone. Boot covers need to be crafted. Black leggings need purchasing.

Axel- Schoolboy
Pants need to be cut out of main fabric and sewn together (currently all there is done is mockup pants)

Axel- Raver Style
Need to print a chakram pattern onto iron on transfer, then iron said transfer onto tank top.

Axel- Secret style
It's a secret!  But..  I have maybe.. uhm.  10% done of this. XD

Completed:
Wig, styled; makeup purchased.
Schoolboy shirt and tie.
Raver pants, belt, wristband, necklace, shoes.
2010: Kakuzu

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2008, 12:58:16 pm »
Woot all I have left for Albel is to get the wig (I ordered it yesterday) attach the rat tails and attach the blond extensions. As for the costume the only thing left is to find plastic chains somewhere and paint them silver (if they aren't already) and attach them to the collar.  And I need to figure out what I want to do with the sword. I can paint it so it is in the sheath or I can paint the blade silver. I haven't decided.

So all together I would say tops five hours of work.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2008, 01:35:07 pm »
I have to wait until tomorrow to start my RATBN (Random Artbook Trinity Blood Nun), but I'll probably do a mock-up of the wimple tonight just so I can make sure that I know what the hell I'm doing because I'll have a limited amount of white fabric. Other than that, everything is progressing rather slowly.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2008, 02:02:12 pm »
I'm finally getting started on my cosplay stuff d:

I bought foam today to remake my headplate and crosses for my habit for Artwork Bridget. Doing that will leave me with one completed costume. I also wound up going to Joann's today and buying fabric for my Miria cosplay. Hopefully my Mom and I can get a chunk of that done before I move in a month. My Legretta cosplay is still at a stand still >: All I've really done is look at wigs...I'm not really sure where to start with that one.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2008, 09:18:26 pm »
I'VE DONE THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!
I'VE FINISHED MY HARUHI COSPLAY AND I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!
T_T This is a special moment for me! My first cosplay that I did all by myself! T_T
I'm so happy!!! ^_^ It looks really cool! I even made my own headband! Picture's hopefully soon~!
Oh I dyed my hair brown too! It's not that noticable but still brown!!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2008, 03:18:36 pm »
The wig is on it's way. After that I have very little work to get done. The I can take the picture and submit my form for the cosplay chess w00t w00t!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2008, 04:34:54 pm »
I'm gonna start making y keyblade soon. Anyone have a good picture to work off of that isn't just a screenshot?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2008, 05:35:46 pm »
I finally started RATBN! I've been working on it for a while so far, and it kinda actually looks like a habit and wimple! I've got a while before it really looks like a TB habit, but it's getting there!

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2008, 09:38:25 am »
Risai: white shirt needs ties and hemming, but is otherwise done.  Until, you know, I decide I don't like how it fits and tear it up and remake the whole thing.  T_T  The fabric for the teal shirt is cut, though I will need to alter the neckline and add a collar once I've sewn the body up.  After that, it gets dyed and bias-trimmed and the frogs or ties added on.  After that: coat and obi and belt and sash and leg-ties and possibly pants if I don't want to cheat and use ones I have.  I still have to go buy some thread and possibly more interfacing and buckram, and I want to have her done by AX ...

Nue: totally on hold, possibly even until next year.  I have nowhere to properly work with the PVC at home, so I'm waiting until after I move in late September.

Komui: wig turned up too light, so I'll have to dye it darker.  Have fabric, haven't even started costume.  Maybe I'll just go back to working on pre-exorcist Miranda instead ...

And I'm starting to look at Trinity Blood, which is very dangerous to all of my carefully-laid plans ...

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2008, 11:24:20 am »
One of us... One of us... You must become one of us... The grommets and arrows will assassinate you in your sleep but it will be woooooooorth iiiiiiit...

Join in on the TB madness! We need more TB people at this con!

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2008, 12:07:08 pm »
Oh goodness, I highly doubt TB will happen this year.  T_T  NEXT YEAR, THOUGH.

(And this year, I will totally stalk you guys for ideas and stuff.  Mwahahaha!)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2008, 09:00:45 pm »
So I've just been forced to do another costume and scrap my idea for my other one for the same series, but meh. There's always Sakuracon....

So I'm now cosplaying Yami Yugi from YGO. Anyone know a place to buy leather stuff? I live near downtown Seattle, I'm going to eventually be checking Broadway's Metro and Red Light, cause I know they have stuff like that there. Does anyone know anywhere else?

I think the sleeveless leather shirt is going to be the hardest.....damn Yami...
-Yami/Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2008, 11:02:57 pm »
wow!
I just got asked to do a commission!
I've never been asked to do one before!
I'm so excited!! ^_^

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2008, 11:28:40 pm »
Ruffly skirt of doom... Somewhat-check. That skirt will kill me or I will kill it first. I still gotta finish the top seam, then put a zipper in the whole thing, and THEN spend way too much time attaching massive amounts of evil lace.

*Extremely odd urge to cosplay Senna from Bleach: Memories of Nobody*

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2008, 11:31:28 pm »
>>
I like to choose costumes with no lace...
Lace is every cosplayers doom...

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2008, 09:08:16 am »
I like to think of lace as my friend. An estranged friend whom I want to strangle occasionally, but a friend no less. But that's just because it wasn't that hard to attach the bottom layer of lace this morning...

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2008, 06:09:10 pm »
The plan for this weekend is....settle on what costumes I'm actually going to do out of my list of ideas. LOL.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2008, 07:24:37 pm »
Acquired the last bits of fabric I need for my Risai cosplay.  The white denim I'm planning on using for Komui is in the wash.

I just sliced my foot open cutting balsa wood.  This should not amuse me as much as it does.  (Look, I was sitting cross-legged and using my foot for a brace.  It's not altogether surprising.  Clearly I should not be working on cosplay after several days of about three hours of sleep each.

... and so I will go back to woodcarving. Hehehe.)

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2008, 07:41:33 pm »
Just recently started making my key blade for Kairi. : P

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2008, 01:05:04 am »
I bought a shirt for my Leeloo! I might need to shorten it a bit, but otherwise I think it's pretty good.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2008, 09:53:41 am »
Finished sewing the teal shirt/coat/whatsits for Risai.  Dyeing it later this week or next weekend when I can abuse my parents' washer.  Cutting the purple coat tonight, hopefully.

Debating swapping Komui out for pre-exorcist Miranda because I have her half-finished from last AX.

Trying to not start on Kaya (Trinity Blood), since there's no way I'd have her done for Kumoricon.  Still succeeding at that, but we'll see how well that goes after AX.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:01 am »
I am having an awful time trying to make this tank cannon for my Azul the Cerulean cosplay. There are so many pieces and gadgets to it, it's quite a task. I am in the process of gathering pieces for it currently. I need to get some wood, because I'm gonna make the skeletal box first, then add pieces to the outside. I have the pipe for the cannon also, but yeah, there is a lot left to do. I need hand/valve wheels, craft foam, styrene/wonderflex, another pvc pipe, two more 4x1 boards of wood, and rubber tracking. Yup, lots of stuff. T_T I hope I get it done in time.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2008, 04:49:59 pm »
You're making Azul's giant cannon? That's so totally wicked! All I have is a nun with a gun and one half-finished sleeve. But other than thaaaaaat: Demyx gets what's left of his sanding done this weekend, and then it's on to spackling him and then painting him! After that comes putting his strings on, though, and I'm wondering if there's any way I could make this all sound a lot less perverted...

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2008, 06:56:17 pm »
Located a hat for my Takuya costume...now to order it.
Sakuracon 2014
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2008, 12:05:45 am »
Yay, I finally got an invisible zipper and overall buckles for Misa~  Then I found a wig head at a thrift store for $2.  Nose is bumped in a bit, but that doesn't matter too much.  (It currently is home to a half-restyled Misa wig.)

Also bought a petticoat (+skirt >_>) online yesterday; hopefully it can poof out my Ouran uniform more~

And styrofoam balls for the commission I'm working on for my friend.

Hopefully Misa will be finished by the end of this month.  I would say week, but it all depends on if Mom will let me use the sewing machine.  >_>
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2008, 09:46:36 pm »
Located a hat for my Takuya costume...now to order it.
Oooh I want to see Takuya. That would be really cool, its one of my favorite digimon. I think the third season was my favorite though.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2008, 03:35:40 pm »
I really wanna see if I can make Kipi's Misa-Misa Shinigami cosplay by Kumoricon It'll take a lot of work, and if not I always have next year XD
Lets see. I bought 4 spools of ribbons today.
Lemon 5/8" ribbon for the sailor collar for my rin which I will be starting hopefully soon.
I got a 5/8" Lavender ribbon for the Ouran tie I'm not even sure if I'll do, and I'll probably get the blue jacket at like goodwill,
Or rather...and get the patch online for like $13....it's pretty rediculous...Uh...What's the difference between the purple patch and the gold patch?
Is there a significant difference? A different meaning?
Anyway, I'll get started. I wanna for my rin cosplay have it light up so I can enter the cosplay contest and it'll be unique!
I donno how to get started on the sleeves and legging though...help?

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2008, 08:12:57 pm »
I really wanna see if I can make Kipi's Misa-Misa Shinigami cosplay by Kumoricon It'll take a lot of work, and if not I always have next year XD
Lets see. I bought 4 spools of ribbons today.
Lemon 5/8" ribbon for the sailor collar for my rin which I will be starting hopefully soon.
I got a 5/8" Lavender ribbon for the Ouran tie I'm not even sure if I'll do, and I'll probably get the blue jacket at like goodwill,
Or rather...and get the patch online for like $13....it's pretty rediculous...Uh...What's the difference between the purple patch and the gold patch?
Is there a significant difference? A different meaning?
Anyway, I'll get started. I wanna for my rin cosplay have it light up so I can enter the cosplay contest and it'll be unique!
I donno how to get started on the sleeves and legging though...help?
Gold is the anime version, purple is the manga.  Purple is a little more elaborate, I think.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2008, 08:29:00 pm »
Thanks! Should I get the purple or gold one?

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2008, 08:30:58 pm »
[Announcement!]
I'm going to wigworld/land on Sunday and getting about 3-4 wigs!
I'm gonna get a Misa wig, Rin wig, Possibly Yuki wig and a Konata wig!
Oh and Maybe a Hunny wig!
So...3-5 wigs XD I estimate to hopefully spend at about ~$50-$100...

Offline Catmegan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2008, 10:43:37 am »
Ok so I have a little problem. I'm making a humanoid vaporeon cosplay, so I went out and got a leotard pattern and stretchy fabric. I didn't think about how I was going to get the tail on till after I got the fabric. I'm afraid if I put that heavy tail onto the leotard the weight of the tail is going to make me have a saggy butt! :-[

Does anyone have advice?

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2008, 04:45:21 pm »
Ok so I have a little problem. I'm making a humanoid vaporeon cosplay, so I went out and got a leotard pattern and stretchy fabric. I didn't think about how I was going to get the tail on till after I got the fabric. I'm afraid if I put that heavy tail onto the leotard the weight of the tail is going to make me have a saggy butt! :-[

Does anyone have advice?

My first thought: slit the leotard (you'd probably want to finish the cut like a buttonhole for stability) and add something like a belt underneath to support it.  If you don't have something overtop, though, the belt will probably show underneath the leotard, if only as a raised texture.

Or, depending on how you're dealing with the tail, you could always try to (re)make it lighter?

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2008, 05:35:47 pm »
A part of me hopes I'll find things for my cosplay while in Japan... otherwise I'll start working on it again once I come back.

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2008, 06:16:48 pm »
I sewed today~!

All I have to do for Misa now is put facing in the jumper, zippers, lining, and straps to finish sewing...then get two more things and I'll be done with that.

Mana's still in the same place as before - cloth in my closet and unordered wig/wonderflex/Mehron stuff.
...I should do that after cashing/depositing my catsitting check...

KumoriCon 2014

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2008, 08:34:15 pm »
I got lots done this weekend! Well, bought a lot of things at least. XP We almost finished our struggle bats, and I finished my Hayner pants and necklaces. I also bought stuff to finish/make my vest and shoes, my duo pants and hat, and parts of my Zim pak. So exciting. X3 Still need to buy a lot of stuff, though, and make everything I bought supplies for. No where near done with anything, but getting there. ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2008, 09:03:13 pm »
Getting a late start, but I got all my patterns today! And muslin! Woohoo!
Thank goodness I'm doing an easy costume this year.  :-X
.empty movement.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2008, 12:15:59 am »
Getting a late start, but I got all my patterns today! And muslin! Woohoo!
Thank goodness I'm doing an easy costume this year.  :-X

It's an earlier start than me :x

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2008, 05:05:22 am »
Okay I have a slight delema here...
I need advice on how to make this:
http://tupianku.com/bin/2439/053001.jpg
It's on ebay but it's way to dangerous since it's like...knify...
I need to make it out of some hard like material the gloves and underneith will be easy but I'm more concerned about the like bolts and braclets...
More of what I should make it out of...

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2008, 08:14:43 am »
Plugging away at my Risai cosplay, which I'm still trying to get to a wearable, if not complete, state for AX.  Presently sewing the frogs onto the white undershirt (that'll be my lunch break today, heh); I've got the teal shirt with me to dye tonight when I go to my parents' place and can abuse the washer (it's a pale blue-grey right now), and got the purple outer coat about half done.  If all works out, I'll bring the teal coat with me tomorrow and sew its frogs on then (yay, work breaks XD ).

Objectives this weekend, with the housemates gone, are to finish the coat (cut and trim collar and front flap, finish inside seams, finish bottom hem, sew on buttons for clasp), make the obi-ish belt, make the white sash, make the white leg ties, and hem the off-white skirt-y thing.

That'll leave me, for Kumoricon, to mold and cast both the buttons and the belt fittings and assemble the brown leather belt, and replace the existing gold buttons on the coat with the proper cast ones.  I might also try to remake the white undershirt, since I don't quite like how it's fitting, and make a pair of pants specific to the cosplay instead of just raiding my Faire ones.  If I somehow had a miracle descend, I'd love to make bootcovers for her tooled boots, but I'll probably leave that for Sakuracon next year, if my plans work out.

And once I finish her, it's on to finishing Miranda and possibly starting on Kaya ...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2008, 10:31:42 am »
I got the wig for Albel on Monday and I tested the costume out and it is looking good so far. I just need to get the chain for the collar, make a wrist guard and buy some red contacts and I am done.

Oh well there are some other things I need to do, like get in better shape and I need more abs but those will take more time.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2008, 10:13:56 pm »
*stares* >_< should start.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2008, 11:16:18 pm »
About half of my artbook tentacles are done... But I still have to make the back armor, arm armor, and get shoes to put shoe armor on. I need to finish my petticoat and get a wig, too.

Bleeeeeegh! I'm considering getting a whole bunch of other cosplays together so I can have multiple cosplays to choose from for each day (and if it gets too hot or if I want to go to an event in a different costume... =.=;; yeah)... But if I do that, then I'll force myself to finally finish Legolas, make Angeal (and if I do that I'll end up making a Buster Sword, too)...

Someone needs to slap me and point me back to the Trinity Blood. GADS I'm having issues.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2008, 11:16:28 pm »
I've got my... wig! That's all I got  ::)
*must. start. soon.*
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."