Author Topic: COSPLAY PROGRESS thread 2008  (Read 139284 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: COSPLAY PROGRESS thread 2008
« Reply #350 on: August 02, 2008, 03:45:36 pm »
I think the first episode where you really see him fighting is the Beach episode in season three. I watched the end of it last night and I thought of you when I saw it. You really need to see it XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #351 on: August 02, 2008, 03:54:48 pm »
heh, yeah, I'll be sure to watch the show now. I started it and really liked it, just never was able to follow it. I'll probably end up buying it on dvd or something.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #352 on: August 02, 2008, 05:32:12 pm »
Well, now is the time to sorta panic. The wig I need to order from Amphigory will take at least 15 business days. And I need to make it into a ponytail too. Faster shipping is costly, I wonder if I can make it before the con... *pulls hair*

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #353 on: August 02, 2008, 08:36:55 pm »
Well, now is the time to sorta panic. The wig I need to order from Amphigory will take at least 15 business days. And I need to make it into a ponytail too. Faster shipping is costly, I wonder if I can make it before the con... *pulls hair*
Depends on when your getting it. A pony tail shouldn't take to long... You have more then enough time if you order it now. I think it's about 29 days until the con. I think it's been about a week since I ordered my wigs so they should get here within the next week...

OH UPDATE ON MY COSPLAY!
I finished Simca's leggings and I must say they are awesome! The can't fit over all of my skates but they might on ice skates...hmm...
I shortened the sleeves on my over huge ouran suit and I need to take it in tomorrow and make a cuff for the sleeves...
AH and I got navy convereses for my Super Secret cosplay!

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #354 on: August 02, 2008, 09:11:07 pm »
I just fineshed ordering my boots! yay so my cosplays are 99.99% done!!!! (my twins wig-cap got runs in it, so i'm gonna have to make a new one... and I need spirit gum for the ears!)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #355 on: August 02, 2008, 10:03:15 pm »
I'm in decent shape, since I'm so unambitious. All I've got left is mostly fiddly details that will probably turn into giant fights with my my mother and grandmother, since they insist on approving every bit of sewing I do. I can't mind terribly when they've done so much for me, but gah.
For Wufei, I've got to patch over my last name on the knickers I'm wearing, (too many letters @@; ) sew him his black tie-belt thing. Aind a pair of super-plain black ballet flats. Why do they all have bows on them?

For Zexion, I need to do some editing with the paint on the Lexicon. Maybe even add actual lexicon pages this year, convince the grandmother that yes, the coat collar must come off, and nab Alcyone's boots again. Pretty please? I'll take you to the bubble tea cafe. <3

Oh, and re-re-re-spray the wig. Oh god.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline RoseMustang

• Chibi
« Reply #356 on: August 02, 2008, 10:31:14 pm »
Hmmm, I know there are body paints out there, I can't really suggest any because I've never used them, but maybe you could ask Totemo. I know she was (at least) considering doing some character who is all blue.

I'm gonna need this info for next year as well, though, as I will be cosplaying as Hellboy, heh. Red paint, I need you!

HELLLLBOOOYYY

-fangirlyscream-

xD I love Hellboy, I loved the comics, the cartoon, and the movies. :]
I love...Abe Sapien...a little more.
But Hellboy rocks 8D
Kumori-Con- 2010
The Quote: "It's like a sports bra, for your junk"

Doctor Who - Human TARDIS [with Weeping Angel]
Nightmare Before Christmas - Sally [with a Zero]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #357 on: August 03, 2008, 01:53:32 am »
Yay! Yeah, Abe is pretty awesome as well (although Johann Krauss is my personal favorite out of them all, heh).

As for cosplay progress, I just ordered a few things. Yay for knocking a chunk out of my list of things to get. I'm starting to realize that (cannon aside) this costume isn't so much a lot of hard work making things so much as it is just taking a lot of money to buy things, lol. Just today I was able to order elf ears and contact lenses, and a couple days ago I bought some rubber sheeting for the cannon. So pretty much, all I have left to buy is my wig, material for gloves, craft foam and lots of different colors of spray paint and I should be all good. *sigh* I just don't have enough money anymore, lol. Where's the nearest bank? I'mma rob it!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #358 on: August 03, 2008, 02:44:57 am »
HAHAHA I just realised that I ordered my wigs 2 weeks ago and that they could arrive any day now XD
I'M VERY EXCITED!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #359 on: August 03, 2008, 08:26:26 am »
My Roxas wig's being shipped monday via USPS Priority Mail~ <3 It should totally get here in time!

My skirt for songstress Yuna is all finished - and I'm waiting on the glue for Roxas's white finger protector to dry before I can flip it inside out.

All I have left is glue knots of my pleated skirt and I should be done! :o Hard to believe!~ I won't be last minuting it!
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #360 on: August 03, 2008, 08:35:15 am »
OMG -- I just got the coolest thing ever. My character goes barefoot and to follow regulations, I need some sort of sandle. Well, I just found clear flip flops at the dollar store! $3! They look like this (but don't say "Just married:"

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #361 on: August 03, 2008, 09:25:00 am »
^ That's nifty!! I'm surprised something like that is not easier to find, or in more stores, I guess, heh.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 09:25:17 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #362 on: August 03, 2008, 09:43:42 am »
@Sugarlat: That's good  :) Though, its a high ponytail. But I've got everything worked out on how to do it, so everything's good! *thumbs up*

You know you love cosplay when you sell clothing just to pay for 3-day shipping. XD Wig situation is looking good if I get the ordering done by today for Monday when they look at orders. Eeee so excitied!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #363 on: August 03, 2008, 09:50:08 am »
Contacts wont roll behind your eyes. I don't even know if that is possible.....I guess if you sleep with them in but I don't do that.

I need to put money in the bank so I can buy my contacts *still doesn't know if they are needed* I guess at the early con people can tell me if I need them or if it looks fine without them.

I've been wearing contacts for over four years, and it's only gone behind my eye once. It is possible. However once in 4+ is a very rare occurence.
If you're not experienced with contacts you should try now. Some people are more sensitive to touching their eye and it takes some getting used to.
I bet it'll look awesome!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #364 on: August 03, 2008, 09:53:09 am »
Contacts wont roll behind your eyes. I don't even know if that is possible.....I guess if you sleep with them in but I don't do that.

I need to put money in the bank so I can buy my contacts *still doesn't know if they are needed* I guess at the early con people can tell me if I need them or if it looks fine without them.

I've been wearing contacts for over four years, and it's only gone behind my eye once. It is possible. However once in 4+ is a very rare occurence.
If you're not experienced with contacts you should try now. Some people are more sensitive to touching their eye and it takes some getting used to.
I bet it'll look awesome!

Ah, alright, those sound like pretty decent odds. Just curious though, what'd you do when it went back there? Still sounds kinda freaky....like Saw or something, lol.

But I am actually just fine with touching my eyes, I always used to poke my eyes to gross out my mom, haha. And here is what the contacts I ordered look like:

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #365 on: August 03, 2008, 09:54:53 am »
next year im going as amarant, what would I use to make me skin bluish-white?

I use Kryolan Aquacolor foundation.
Go to "Wet makeup/Face & body painting"
A small amount goes a long way.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #366 on: August 03, 2008, 09:56:40 am »
Ah, alright, those sound like pretty decent odds. Just curious though, what'd you do when it went back there? Still sounds kinda freaky....like Saw or something, lol.

Haha honestly I can't remember exactly how it got back there (it was only one eye). But it hurt. A lot. I had to keep rubbing my eye and putting water in it... not fun. lol. It eventually came out though.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #367 on: August 03, 2008, 10:01:21 am »
Eesh! Well, I'm glad you finally got it out. *whew* I'm sure I'll be fine, but at least now I know what to do if my luck runs out, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #368 on: August 03, 2008, 10:03:45 am »
lol I'm sure you'll be fine. :) Get some picture once you get them on! :D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #369 on: August 03, 2008, 10:16:06 am »
For sure. ^_^

I have to make a trip out to some wig shop in Beaverton this week and do some measuring. I have to see if they have a suitable wig within the next couple of days, because if they don't I'm going to have to order a wig online. I have to get my fat head measured, cause apparently my head is much larger than normal, lol. That, or I just am not measuring the right part. We'll see about that, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #370 on: August 03, 2008, 10:16:14 am »
I doubt it will ever happen to you. Just be careful and don't keep your eyes closed for too long. If it starts to move out of place when your eye is open blink a few times to get it back....its that simple.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #371 on: August 03, 2008, 10:17:14 am »
Okay, thanks for the advice. I think I'm well prepped, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #372 on: August 03, 2008, 12:02:46 pm »
Yeah I am sure that you will do just fine. I have never heard of anything like that happening.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #373 on: August 03, 2008, 12:39:41 pm »
I've slept in my contacts a few times on accident, and they never got too bad. If it does go in somewhere, just use your finger to open your eye wide and keep blinking. It's relatively easy to get it to reappear.  ;)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #374 on: August 03, 2008, 01:55:03 pm »
I just hate the feeling of them being so dry when you open your eyes after sleeping with them in *shudders*

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #375 on: August 03, 2008, 03:12:57 pm »
I got wig caps today and a wig head. That makes me so happy.

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2008, 03:54:57 pm »
I got wig caps today and a wig head. That makes me so happy.
Yay for both of us! I got my wig head at Sally's today. Though the clerk stared at me funny. Just finished padding it up with newspaper and yarn (curse my big head)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2008, 03:56:52 pm »
I got my stuff at Sally's too O.O

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #378 on: August 03, 2008, 04:01:01 pm »
XD neat! Amphigory emailed me wig heads can't be air freighted, so I went by there since I'd be out anyway. It was much cheaper there :P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:01:20 pm by risotto »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #379 on: August 03, 2008, 04:10:59 pm »
yeah it was. I left the store with several things under $10

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #380 on: August 03, 2008, 04:40:23 pm »
??? I wonder if the 1$ store here sells wig caps.. I need one or two... My hair's getting too long to just tie back with a pony-o and clip into place >>;
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #381 on: August 03, 2008, 04:46:46 pm »
I tried looking for cat-ears at the dollar store and couldn't find any. Sigh, I should have bought them during Halloween season :(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:47:03 pm by risotto »

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #382 on: August 03, 2008, 04:51:18 pm »
If you live in the Portland/Beaverton area there's a store in Beaverton called the Halloween Warehouse that sells neato stuff year-round.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #383 on: August 03, 2008, 04:54:41 pm »
Oh if only! Frickin' Eugene >_>;;

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #384 on: August 03, 2008, 05:00:29 pm »
If only Backstage hadn't closed. D:
I dunno where you should try. Maybe a thrift store? Value Village might have something. Dunno 'bout Goodwill.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #385 on: August 03, 2008, 05:03:30 pm »
I think it'll be easier if I made my own. They're just black cat ears so it wouldn't be hard. Now if only I wasn't so lazy xD

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #386 on: August 03, 2008, 05:05:59 pm »
I hear you. I don't even have a paintbrush yet for re-doing the painting on my lexicon.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #387 on: August 03, 2008, 08:07:11 pm »
Oh if only! Frickin' Eugene >_>;;

Try looking at Hirons on 18th and... pearl? Its right next to the Safeway by South Eugene Highschool. They should be carrying Halloween stuff by now :D I think they would sell them.

And Im bummed that Backstage went out of business too D: Now I have to get my liquid latex offline.
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #388 on: August 03, 2008, 10:50:21 pm »
wouldnt the halloween shop by valley river be open by now? then again thats kinda expensive

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #389 on: August 03, 2008, 10:51:34 pm »
You'd think it'd be. I got pierced for my cosplay, anyone else?
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #390 on: August 03, 2008, 10:53:19 pm »
For which character and where? That's awesome dedication. I'm actually planning to get Barret Wallace's tattoo so as to further perfect the cosplay, hehe.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #391 on: August 03, 2008, 10:54:43 pm »
the most extreeme I am doing is going from dark brown to light blond ^_^

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #392 on: August 03, 2008, 11:14:42 pm »
my lip and my eyebrow, I thought he had his eyebrow pierced nut I was mistaken. I like it anyways. it was like 2-3 weeks ago. maybe a month
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #393 on: August 03, 2008, 11:16:42 pm »
For which character though? That's pretty awesome. Very cool.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2008, 11:17:52 pm »
Bob Makihara from tenjho tenge

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2008, 11:18:02 pm »
did my ab workout for the day....I might go to the gym tomorrow but who knows.

I don't think I could ever get a pericing for a costume. If I got any pericing it would be in my belly button but it's not ready yet ^_^

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2008, 11:19:15 pm »
yeah, it'd suck to get it pierced while working out O_O

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2008, 11:20:18 pm »
You gotta get the abs perfected first? ^_^

I did my working out for the day also. Thanks for the motivation, forumsters! I've actually raised my strides per minute standard by about 30 strides over the past couple of months. Yay, progress!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2008, 11:21:37 pm »
I'm sick, no working out for me :(

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #399 on: August 03, 2008, 11:22:03 pm »
More of I don't want people looking at my stomach yet.....the abs aren't ready yet. Also I am afriad that the ring will get caught on my pants when I am sitting and when I stand up it tugs on it. That happened to my sister a lot.

did like 400 crunches and 60 obliques ^_^