Author Topic: COSPLAY PROGRESS thread 2008  (Read 139257 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: COSPLAY PROGRESS thread 2008
« Reply #550 on: August 06, 2008, 04:19:19 pm »
Kairi : for the Olette costume, try looking in stores like Jo-Ann. I know they have iron on shapes. They might have something of a hibiscus flower somewhere that you can use. If not, some white fabric paint should do ok.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #551 on: August 06, 2008, 08:43:13 pm »
Posting the same post in two threads >:D

Just wanted to share the massive progress I made with props today :D

Crappy webcam pictures are crappy but it looks sweet irl. All I have to do on this one is minimal touch ups, paint it, put on the sculpty additions that I want, and possibly buff the thing with floor polish. Now to start on my pistol.

So Gun#1 is now at about 60% I think.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #552 on: August 06, 2008, 09:25:12 pm »
it looks amazing. I wish I could do something like that. I am very impressed.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #553 on: August 06, 2008, 09:41:46 pm »

Crappy webcam pictures are crappy but it looks sweet irl. All I have to do on this one is minimal touch ups, paint it, put on the sculpty additions that I want, and possibly buff the thing with floor polish. Now to start on my pistol.

What'd you make that out of? It looks amazing.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #554 on: August 06, 2008, 10:19:36 pm »

Cardboard and a paper mache of brown packing paper and elmers glue. Then I painted gesso over it. I'm the queen of cheap cosplay props.

What'd you make that out of? It looks amazing.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #555 on: August 06, 2008, 10:20:39 pm »
I'm very impressed. I think it looks great!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #556 on: August 06, 2008, 10:22:10 pm »
Wow, it's made of paper mache and yet it is sturdy enough to buff with a floor polisher? Or....oh, wait, you meant floor polisher the liquid, not the tool, didn't you? lol, okay, nevermind then. That is still awesome looking though. Cheap cosplay props are where it's at. I need to learn my way around materials a bit more. I want to become the Mcguyver of cosplay props, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #557 on: August 06, 2008, 10:25:06 pm »
Wow, it's made of paper mache and yet it is sturdy enough to buff with a floor polisher? Or....oh, wait, you meant floor polisher the liquid, not the tool, didn't you? lol, okay, nevermind then. That is still awesome looking though. Cheap cosplay props are where it's at. I need to learn my way around materials a bit more. I want to become the Mcguyver of cosplay props, lol.

Yeah I just meant the liquid stuff to buff it. And as long as you can measure stuff and are good with shapes I think it's pretty simple to make most props. unless they are very roundish....

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #558 on: August 06, 2008, 10:30:11 pm »
like shoulder armor.....then you use bra cups ^_^ *is very creative*

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #559 on: August 06, 2008, 10:55:55 pm »

Yeah I just meant the liquid stuff to buff it. And as long as you can measure stuff and are good with shapes I think it's pretty simple to make most props. unless they are very roundish....

Roundish, no friggin kidding, lol. I've been battling these two dome-like props all day. They had me on the brink of angry tears earlier. Soooo frustrated I was. I'm fine now, I've resolved it (or more like caved in and changed the shape and plan, lol), but still. Yeah, round is effing hard to do, for the most part.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #560 on: August 06, 2008, 11:55:22 pm »

Roundish, no friggin kidding, lol. I've been battling these two dome-like props all day. They had me on the brink of angry tears earlier. Soooo frustrated I was. I'm fine now, I've resolved it (or more like caved in and changed the shape and plan, lol), but still. Yeah, round is effing hard to do, for the most part.

for your domes id do what my friend blayne did for her Gourd for gaara. same process boogiepop used for her stuff actually. except blayne used a big bouncy back balloon thinger from the dollar store and paper mache'd it for you id do that then just cut it in half =D  lol blayne and her mom are amazing with their props told me and boogiepop back in the day bout the paper mache stuff =P

im doing the mache for my Blackhand Doomsaw for leeroy jenkins tis will be amazing :P heres a pic just got to start the mache then apply layers upon layers of gesso then paint :3 it and add the finishing touches.... lol forgive my mess of magic cards and retro gaming XD
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:56:26 pm by kissarmy »
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #561 on: August 07, 2008, 12:04:48 am »
For my sisters cosplay; my mom is making the skirt, and she bought a tie and is going to put fabric over that for Kair's school uniform.  The skirt is pretty close to being finished I'd say, then we just have to fix the sleeves on her shirt and then it's on to details. :]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #562 on: August 07, 2008, 12:19:41 am »

for your domes id do what my friend blayne did for her Gourd for gaara. same process boogiepop used for her stuff actually. except blayne used a big bouncy back balloon thinger from the dollar store and paper mache'd it for you id do that then just cut it in half =D  lol blayne and her mom are amazing with their props told me and boogiepop back in the day bout the paper mache stuff =P

im doing the mache for my Blackhand Doomsaw for leeroy jenkins tis will be amazing :P heres a pic just got to start the mache then apply layers upon layers of gesso then paint :3 it and add the finishing touches.... lol forgive my mess of magic cards and retro gaming XD

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions. I figured out what to do with my problem, but still, thanks for the advice. I haven't done paper mache since, like, kindergarten, lol. I am sure the medium has progressed and made advances since then, but because it's been such a long time since I did it, the craft form has always had me remembering it as somewhat dainty and fragile, but it is in layering that it becomes more and more solid, right? Yeah, I'm gonna have to get back into that elementary school art form, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #563 on: August 07, 2008, 12:22:31 am »

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions. I figured out what to do with my problem, but still, thanks for the advice. I haven't done paper mache since, like, kindergarten, lol. I am sure the medium has progressed and made advances since then, but because it's been such a long time since I did it, the craft form has always had me remembering it as somewhat dainty and fragile, but it is in layering that it becomes more and more solid, right? Yeah, I'm gonna have to get back into that elementary school art form, lol.

lol do it =P its crazy im working on like 3 things right now just with paper mache... sword... epicness *no longer daft punk cuz thats on hold but something even better =D* ... and just little things for a couple other costumes
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #564 on: August 07, 2008, 08:25:02 am »
Yeah, that sword does look amazing. I would never have fathomed you could make stuff like that out paper mache back when I was actually using the stuff, lol.

I got my elf ears in the mail today! Yay for that, heh.
Now I feel like a Trekkie, even though the ears have nothing to do with Star Trek or Leonard Nemoy.
Next phase of nerdiness: completed. ^_^

Just kidding, but yeah, now I have my ears for my Azul. I thought they were going to come with spirit gum adhesive but they didn't, so I just ordered that. Now I'm waiting for my wig and my contacts. Yay!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #565 on: August 07, 2008, 09:04:58 am »
I am going to start a new costume real soon. I need to decide what outfit I am going to wear. This one however wont be or the con but for the sept 20 party and Sakuracon.

The costume is going to be kept a secret (If I can keep it for that long) and can either be really easy or very very hard, depending on what outfit I want to wear.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #566 on: August 07, 2008, 09:10:01 am »
Well good luck keeping your secret whenever you decide on a costume, heh. Secret cosplays are always a great way to peak interest without really saying anything, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #567 on: August 07, 2008, 09:14:40 am »
The nice thing about it is if I do one of the easy outfits I can wear it to con....though I might not have one key accessory if I don't go to a Halloween store and I really don't want to make them x.x but we'll see how it goes. I'm try to start on it tomorrow.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #568 on: August 07, 2008, 09:16:06 am »
Ah, well I'd recommend the Halloween Warehouse in Beaverton, near the Fred Meyer. It has a plethora of useful cosplay accesories and stuff. ^_^ I won't ask what you're looking for though.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #569 on: August 07, 2008, 09:33:21 am »
I'm sure they'll have it every Halloween store has them....they are very popular ^_^

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #570 on: August 07, 2008, 10:19:12 am »
I'm sort of tempted to do some random gladiator cosplay. lol

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #571 on: August 07, 2008, 10:41:46 am »
I'm sure they'll have it every Halloween store has them....they are very popular ^_^

Fangs maybe? :D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #572 on: August 07, 2008, 05:20:26 pm »
I'm currently slaving away over a hot glue gun to make the "cod-and-hip" pieces of Azul's belt. I've got two done and one more to go. Then I have to go and find some grey/silverish ridged belt. Maybe a bullet belt? Hmm, I'll have to look around for that, but yay making progress!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #573 on: August 07, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »
lol, awesome ^^ Are you going to wear it to the car wash? :3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #574 on: August 07, 2008, 05:48:30 pm »
No, I was planning to wear Barret to the car wash as Azul will not be done by then, heh. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a down-to-the-wire costume, where I'll probably get it done the day before the con or something, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #575 on: August 07, 2008, 05:49:45 pm »
or in your hotel room saturday morning ;P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #576 on: August 07, 2008, 05:56:52 pm »
haha, hopefully not. I fail at At-Con Costume Work. I've always brought a glue gun just in case something went wrong, and fortunately I've never had to use it, but I think once I'm there I would rather do anything than stress out trying to make/maintain a costume. That's why I work so hard to make everything super durable before-hand.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #577 on: August 07, 2008, 06:06:26 pm »
I fail at At-Con work too. When my skirt's pleat came out I was fighting with it the rest of the day trying to keep the knot and string in place by just being careful of how I moved x_X
Kumori'15

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #578 on: August 07, 2008, 06:11:10 pm »
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii! im nyahaha (or is it justr nyaha)'s friend, whos cosaplying with her as shia in her kitty pajama's and Konata summer uniform!   :D
Sakuracon~

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #579 on: August 07, 2008, 06:40:40 pm »
I'm respray painting my keyblade...
I'm waiting for it to dry

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #580 on: August 07, 2008, 06:50:57 pm »
Dear self,
Yes, I know that cosplaying Riku from Kingdom Hearts II is tempting, but you've already reached your limit as far as time and money goes cosplay-wise.  So, cosplaying him is just going to have to wait until next year...unless one of your friend's mother doesn't come through on Jupiter.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #581 on: August 07, 2008, 08:19:20 pm »
HI SHIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #582 on: August 07, 2008, 08:21:05 pm »
The way I'm making these cat ears is ridiculously hard. Almost got an ear done...

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #583 on: August 07, 2008, 08:53:49 pm »
HI SHIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

HI MISHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! im done sewing the ears by hand now. im gonna attach them on the robe with the little neighbor as my model :B
Sakuracon~

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #584 on: August 07, 2008, 09:51:30 pm »
My Anthy Himemiya is officially done! Last mintue things still need to be done (aka buttons/button holes on blouse)
Yay!!! <3

Now, off to work on my Utena's uniform. ;o;
.empty movement.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #585 on: August 07, 2008, 09:53:51 pm »
I made progress today. The codpiece belt is half complete (with there being four pieces total, three codpiece/guards and the belt). I have two of three guards done, and I have to make the third, go find a belt, paint it all, then attach it. It should be pretty fancy looking, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #586 on: August 07, 2008, 10:22:07 pm »
Sadly I decided to stick with my two cosplays and not do the secret one v.v I am a little burnt out on costume making right now and all I want to do is sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor for the other two.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #587 on: August 08, 2008, 07:35:00 am »
does that mean u can tell us the secret one? lol

progress

misha: i finished the jammies! all i have to make are the pants. then i need some sort of shoe. and tomorrow im going to a wig store! YAY!

Tsukasa: same part...woot

Rikku: the shoes are going great! i have one halfway finished. i have to hand sew alot of it and it take a long time >.> when im done with the first one ill post a pic! after i get tired of making rikku's shoes, ill either continue her shorts or continue misha's pants...

Other: i need to get 3 more buttons for rikku's other shoe. back to joanns! yester day i helped my shia make her costume. she's almost done with it! she should be bringing it over today so i can cut the botton shorter and add designs around the new bottom and sleeves.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #588 on: August 08, 2008, 07:35:45 am »
Sadly I decided to stick with my two cosplays and not do the secret one v.v I am a little burnt out on costume making right now and all I want to do is sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor for the other two.

Ah, well that is understandable. Two is enough for a 3-day weekend. *thumbs up* Don't want to get burned out, it'd be awful if Kumoricon got here and you weren't feeling it. That'd be scary! So yeah, take it easy, heh ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #589 on: August 08, 2008, 08:17:01 am »
I plan on it. The only thing I am going to work on for a while is getting the shoulder armor done. I may order my contacts tonight but we'll see....

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #590 on: August 08, 2008, 08:19:27 am »
Yeah, it's always good to take a few days at least to chill before getting into the con, so as not to immediately exhaust yourself.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #591 on: August 08, 2008, 08:31:14 am »
last year i was really tired cuz i stayed up the night before working really hard on the hem of my costume. i was really tired the next day and was slow getting to all the stuff i wanted to do.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #592 on: August 08, 2008, 08:46:20 am »
I am going to have people over at my house Friday night and after we get back from pre reg we are going to bed (at least I am)

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #593 on: August 08, 2008, 08:57:21 am »
Wigs still haven't arrived yet. :( puu ~

To do.
- buy black boots.
- sharpie (?) lines onto pants
- make suspendersss.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #594 on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:05 am »
 :-\ I'm worried my wig isn't year yet still.... Muuuurrrr~

For Kumori Con last year, I only went one day, but I was awake for nearly the full 24-hours of the day. I left at like 2am and didn't get back home until almost midnight, then I had to sort everything from the con back into its place- and new places- then shower and faint. x_x One-day cons are a total wipe out.
Kumori'15

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #595 on: August 08, 2008, 09:42:09 am »
i only went one day last year too. it was so crazy cuz you had to do every thing you wanted to do in just one day.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #596 on: August 08, 2008, 10:11:39 am »
Ah, that sounds absolutely out-tuckering! I don't think I could ever do just one day. I'd spend more of the day being frustrated that I would have to be so rushed instead of enjoying myself. Yeah, no siree...heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #597 on: August 08, 2008, 10:25:23 am »
lastyear i went 2 dyas, the first with one friend, the second with Misha. But this year im sharing a room with 2 other friends. i hope i can get everything done and the sleep all day thursday -_-

yay! the ears are on Shia! ive cut out the cuffs and im gonna sew them next! then Misha is going to do the bottom to match her costume. Lastly, the dreaded pants..

For Konata, i gotta keep hand sewing those pleats! i think i might just give up and risk my sewing machin for that. then the top is same as Misha

I need to re-do the bow and hem the skirt for Manami from Manabi Straight!
Sakuracon~

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #598 on: August 08, 2008, 11:26:06 am »
Last year I went No days! XDD
But for Megacon I went one day and I went as a short haired Chibi Kikyo
Um...My wigs haven't arrived yet...Neither has my Shakugan No Shana Pendant I won for $6 isn't here yet T_T

Offline RoseMustang

• Chibi
« Reply #599 on: August 08, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »
:D Lookin goooood guys.
Kumori-Con- 2010
The Quote: "It's like a sports bra, for your junk"

Doctor Who - Human TARDIS [with Weeping Angel]
Nightmare Before Christmas - Sally [with a Zero]