Author Topic: Need Fake Guns  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Scar Yurio

• Cabbit
Need Fake Guns
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:54:27 pm »
i need fake guns that look real

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Need Fake Guns
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:06:58 pm »
While the gun policy for Kumoricon will probably make most of this website obsolete, here you go: http://replicaweaponry.com/

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:36:36 pm »
Im at work right now but I would not buy from that website. I cant say much for their other toys but their airsoft guns are waay overpriced. If you want something cheap and easy that looks decent get yourself an echo1, theres no way Id pay that much for a G&G. If you can PM me with something more specific as to what your looking for Im sure I could find you something on teh internets thats full of win and at a decent price.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 06:59:47 pm »
I was gonna say I needed a gun too, but I highly doubt I'd find any mass-produced Portal guns :P

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 06:11:12 am »
I need a gun for my cosplay too, but I dunno if airsoft is legal at k-con even unloaded?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:19:01 am »
I have no idea what the laws are at k-con, at s-con, I could not use my airsoft pistol even though it had a large orange tip, they would have required me to take off the slide, thus making it look nothing like a gun. And even then they required me to have it peace bonded...without a slide, wth. You may not want to go with airsoft guns for a cosplay gun, unless you can secure it in a holster and have it peace bonded if thats even allowed by k-con. But for what its worth let me know what kind of gun your looking for, I might be able to find something at a decent price. post a picture or a general description.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 07:26:07 am »
Okay, policy time. Here is the official statement on guns and props:

Props3 are a great way to enhance cosplay. Many props are considered valuable enhancements to a costume, and will be allowed in as such. If you have any props, proceed to the peace bonding station immediately after checking in. The staff will determine if your prop is acceptable within the Convention Space4. Props which are not allowed within the convention space include, but are not limited to:

Air-soft or projectile weapons
Live (sharp enough to cut) steel
Props wide enough or long enough to inhibit flow of traffic

Props deemed harmless by the staff, such as teddy bears, will be waved through. Any other prop deemed safe by the staff will be peace-tied. This is a tie attached to your prop which signals to all staff that your item is part of your costume and not unsafe to carry. It also signals that you have agreed to carry your prop safely. This means you will not brandish any prop weapon, engage in any mock fighting, or use your prop in any way which could be seen as unsafe.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 10:26:24 am »
ifits for a con just make sure it has a spot for peace binding thingy to go on
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids