Author Topic: fandemonium  (Read 4602 times)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
fandemonium
« on: February 28, 2008, 04:17:40 am »
So, I just found out about this little convention about 6 hours away.  Has anyone gone?  I sorta want to go if it's fun.  Is anyone planing to go again?  It looks to be about a month before k-con
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: fandemonium
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 08:57:49 pm »
We did an ad swap with them last year. :)

There's also Anime Oasis 2 weeks from now (Mar. 13-16) in the same city (Boise, ID). But, that is capped and sells out during pre-reg, so if you don't have a ticket already, it's too late!
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 01:48:01 pm »
 I went to AO in 06 and couldn't say enough good things about it, I had so much fun. I think Fandemonium shares people with AO, I'd like to go sometime.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 03:52:15 am »
I pondered going but chickened out due to the lack of people I know and time that I'd have to take off.  But I'm having a similar internal debate about this slightly closer convention.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline savani

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 06:13:58 am »
I've been going to AO since its second year, so this year was my 6th. It's an amazing con ^_^

However, fandemonium is in a completely different vein. While Jeremy (AO) and Borneo (Fandemonium/Fan) work very closely with each other, they are quite different. AO is primarily and quite insisitently anime, games, and Japanese culture centered. Fan, on the other hand, is an all around fan convention. It is sci fi, fantasy, gaming, anime, etc.
If you are a big cosplayer, Fan is not your venue. The level of cosplay is, er, not so high >< What I mean is that cosplay is not a main focus of the convention. It's all about the gathering of nerds.
I kind of enjoy fan, but i typically go because it's only about a 45 minute drive for me. But, to be honest, I wouldn't drive 6 hours for it. If you want to go to an Idaho con, there are 2 in boise, and 1 in nampa.
In November (over thanksgiving weekend)we will have Tomodachi Fest for its first year, and then AO 8 in March. I would recommend one of those over Fan.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:14:33 am by savani »

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 03:21:35 pm »
I pondered going but chickened out due to the lack of people I know and time that I'd have to take off.  But I'm having a similar internal debate about this slightly closer convention.

We should go next year LoL!  Even though it is pretty close to Sakuracon

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 12:07:15 pm »
Sounds like you sir...(it's sir right?) were in the same boat as I was in last year.  The best thing you can do if you're lookin' for more friends to go with is what you've already done, join in on the forums.
I haven't gone yet, but this will be my year.  Hope to see you there!
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.