Author Topic: Yaoi/yuri party  (Read 305346 times)

Offline RejectedxJester

• Cabbit
Re: Yaoi/yuri party
« Reply #350 on: May 12, 2008, 08:07:23 pm »
I suppose I should make my closing post before my laptop dies. . .

This is RejectedxJester/L-chan/Sasu-chan/Kelsey signing out!

Buh bye everyone~ ^.^
To be born with a forsaken fate is something no one desires. . .
                       Kelsey~

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #351 on: May 12, 2008, 08:18:22 pm »
Buh bye. Have fun doing homework!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #352 on: May 12, 2008, 08:32:07 pm »
Byee. Anywho, any fun ideas?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #353 on: May 12, 2008, 08:33:43 pm »
I can't think of anything. Just the photo shoot/party would be fun. we could possibly go out to dinner in costume or something.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #354 on: May 12, 2008, 08:36:46 pm »
Woo!
we need to go to Macdonald's, cuz thats where ALL cosplayers go when tehre cosplaying, they go to Macdonald's!
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #355 on: May 12, 2008, 08:38:16 pm »
0.o

I'm not quite sure I want to venture into freeway park again after what happened at Gasukan . . .

Huh, I didn't here about anything happening, but yea there do tend to be a lot hobos wondering around Seattle, but it may be a different story at the park across from the double tree.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #356 on: May 12, 2008, 08:40:41 pm »
McDonald's would be ok. I like their food, but we would have to see if there were any close by. I.....I'm sure there is one in the mall but I wouldn't want to walk a mile or so looking for fast food. Now that I think of it I know there is one in the mall

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #357 on: May 12, 2008, 08:44:53 pm »
Well we should go before, not during the party. And not Macdonalds because everyone goes there. I like to be different... but remember, every food place close by will be chalk full of cosplayers so I guess we can't really help that.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #358 on: May 12, 2008, 09:01:04 pm »
I guess. I plan on exploring the area close by before the con even starts so I will kind of know the surrounding area

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #359 on: May 12, 2008, 09:04:36 pm »
>> Did I miss something?

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #360 on: May 12, 2008, 11:08:39 pm »
Totally popping back in out of no where, but weren't we originally going to try to make this an actual event at the con, like with a room and everything? Cuz if so, we should prolly fill out the event form thinger. If we're just gonna do it in someone's room, though, then it's not a problem. ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2008, 08:41:59 am »
Yeah that would be a good idea.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2008, 04:17:17 pm »
well, either way the part is on! XD

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2008, 05:33:10 pm »
Well it's gonna happen no matter what... if we could get a Hotel room who for sure would stay the night? And this will make it easier for me- just say I will and then put the number after the last person, like I'm one so whoever says they will next will be I'm two.

So I'm one!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2008, 05:45:30 pm »
I wish I could but I will be driving people so I don't think I'll be able to sleepover but I could hang out for a little while

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2008, 07:00:30 pm »
Number two!...and if I can't stay the night, then I'll just hang out! ^^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2008, 07:02:49 pm »
keep in mind that a lot of people who are going to the con are not on the forum. There will be a lot of people who are interested.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #367 on: May 13, 2008, 07:04:31 pm »
keep in mind that a lot of people who are going to the con are not on the forum. There will be a lot of people who are interested.
Exactly why I'm saying number two now.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2008, 09:35:06 pm »
You have a point.. I'll put in an extra person for every two or three people who say yeah on the forum.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2008, 09:39:11 pm »
It may be a good idea to start out at the con then move somewhere else if you are planning on going longer than the con is open. That way it can draw more people in and the event will be on the schedule. You don't have to tell the others that you are moving somewhere else.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2008, 10:57:50 pm »
yea, lol I'm best friend of the main person So I should have gotten two....But I wasn't  quick enough...so three?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:58:11 pm by Naruchan tebayo »

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #371 on: May 14, 2008, 05:09:42 pm »
Mmkay. Sounds good.. like start as an event and then go to a hotel room or something, and it doesn't even have to be the same hotel I guess. o.O Any opinions on that?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #372 on: May 14, 2008, 05:40:07 pm »
None here. Just might want to be one that is kind of close by, for the people who don't have cars.

Offline RejectedxJester

• Cabbit
« Reply #373 on: May 14, 2008, 05:49:33 pm »
Anybody know where thir staying yet?

I have my room booked at the doubletree.

Oh,and good news...my NaruNaru-chan won't be in Vegas ,so she is coming too.
To be born with a forsaken fate is something no one desires. . .
                       Kelsey~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2008, 07:27:55 pm »
I am going to be at my house. I live less than 15 minutes away

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2008, 08:12:58 pm »
Totally popping back in out of no where, but weren't we originally going to try to make this an actual event at the con, like with a room and everything? Cuz if so, we should prolly fill out the event form thinger. If we're just gonna do it in someone's room, though, then it's not a problem. ^^
I think we should make it an actual event so it'll show up in the schedule so more people will come!
I just thought of a game where we can have everyone there put their name in a box and we can raffle random couples to do yaoi pics!
I think that would be sooooo fun!
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2008, 08:14:45 pm »
any yuri pics curiously?  it looks like yaoi has completely taken over this thread?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2008, 08:19:48 pm »
I may be dropping my one male character so yeah there could be. This is a yaoi/yuri party ^_^

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #378 on: May 14, 2008, 08:30:29 pm »
Hmm that is something to wonder about I guess.
I'm going to be all guy characters so I can't help much in that kind of fan survice though! :B
I don't like yuri anyhow, but I'd still do some pics for fans if I were to cosplay as a female character SOMETIME in the far off future XD
Cosplays 09:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #379 on: May 14, 2008, 08:39:40 pm »
well its looks more like yaoi from what little I see.  To be honest, I dun really care much about the two for its own stake, but I can enjoy it if its an interesting story.  There was a yaoi fanfic that I really enjoyed with a couple of others.   Though one did turn lemon quite suddenly which was rather shocking O_o.

@sekitan
I take it you like to do a female cosplay, but have yet to find a character you like?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #380 on: May 14, 2008, 08:45:45 pm »
And if you really think about it its girls dressed up so it will be girls with other girls dressed up :D

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2008, 08:49:23 pm »
well its looks more like yaoi from what little I see.  To be honest, I dun really care much about the two for its own stake, but I can enjoy it if its an interesting story.  There was a yaoi fanfic that I really enjoyed with a couple of others.   Though one did turn lemon quite suddenly which was rather shocking O_o.

@sekitan
I take it you like to do a female cosplay, but have yet to find a character you like?
EXACTLY!
you're a mind reader, it's amazing! : D
Cosplays 09:

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2008, 08:49:37 pm »
I'm cosplaying all guy characters too and I'm a girl
I don't know why
I  would cosplay for guys even if i wasn't into yaoi...
I guess you could say hat I don't like any girl characters to cosplay as....
cuz in my oppinion alot of girls in anime are far to stupid and I don't like that
so if its a girl
she has to be epicly fears~!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2008, 08:55:12 pm »
That is why Temari kicks ass....because she isn't stupid and can take care of herself. But i do see where you are coming from. I like far too many guy characters. It really makes it hard to cosplay, I want to show off my actual beauty but I can't. I am forced to live behind wigs and tight underclothes. Not this con though. I will be doing two girls MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2008, 09:08:38 pm »
its seems a lot of girls are like that.  They dun like any anime girls they see so they only end up cosplaying as guys.  I can be like that in that a lot of male anime character dun interest me.  And as I mentioned elsewhere, I ran out of male ideas so this year I'm doing mostly female characters.

girls dressed up kissing others girls dressed up...?   so its yuri in disguise! =P.   now that I think about it...the 4 yaoi I did like had the bottom dressed up like a girl(or was just girly).

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2008, 09:14:51 pm »
Yes it is.....its false yaoi. I have been keeping an eye out for anime and games where I like a girl it in but it's too hard.
http://www.afjv.com/press0510/051026_magna_carta_ps2_b.jpg I would love to do her but that is a lot of work. Thats not something I can put together from crap I found at goodwill. I would have to make almost all of that. v.v That is a lot of work and I am really really bad at sewing

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2008, 09:24:56 pm »
oh I luved magna carta tears of blood!!  I've been wanting to do a cosplay from that, but like yours, it would be really difficult.  I thought of either Azel or Calintz but thats something thats beyond my sewing skills.  I already one challenaging cosplay that I'm not sure about doing(see my avatar).

False yaoi?

anime tends to use stereotypical characters over and over and over from what I seen.  so which is likely why you ladies have a hard time finding a girl you like.  Most the guys I see are either too macho and stupid or just plain wimpy and weak willed.

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2008, 09:29:47 pm »
it is false, but it is still very convincing when people bind their chests :)
Girl characters might be intersting to do (it would be a first) cause I'd probably get more fanboys than fangirls.
Last yea A guy came up and asked if he could get a picture of us, and we were like "you like Loveless?...Bl?..are you....gay? 8o" and he was like "Oh no!...my girlfriend made me =_=" Ah ha ha! XD
Cosplays 09:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2008, 09:32:50 pm »
I WOULD LOVE TO DO CALINTZ....but once again its a guy....and I was trying to find girls....oooh I know Rinoa! I love Rinoa, but I would have to buy a wig or dye my hair back to dark brown for her v.v

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2008, 09:37:14 pm »
from what I hear, fanboy tend hide and spy, fangirls tend to shout, glomp, and make you do poses.  supposely.

I actually saw the first episode of Loveless anime and it started off rather interesting...but then I got turned off by Ritsuka behavoir near the end of it.  Admittly, I started skimming thru the episode so I may have missed something made the latter make more sense to me.

@nikkiolie
I dunno, depending on who you ask, they may be convined that Calintz is really a girl.   not sure if they exist but I they do for Haku(naruto).  I remember one of my friends saying since I cosplayed as him, I already crossplayed as a girl and should cosplay as more girls.  either way, maybe we could figure out a mini magna carta group sometime.

yeah....jokes are made that I'm 1/2 girl or something.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #390 on: May 14, 2008, 09:42:34 pm »
Jokes are always made that I'm 1/2 girl, I always had guy friends growing up.

I would love to do a mini Magna Carta group. Maybe next year for Kumoricon...that way I would have a lot of time to work on the costume. If I tried to do it for Sakuracon i would have to worry about school as well. As for Calintz being a girl, well I am a strong believer that he is in fact a HE same with Haku (I loved Haku).

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #391 on: May 14, 2008, 09:53:52 pm »
@nikki
really?  interesting.  Now I think about it, I did have a number of girl friends when I was young(even did a few "girly" stuff when I was 4).  I remember a girl online go so far as to say I'm one of the girls o_o. 

I agree on calintz and haku.  I don't cosplay haku anymore as the wig was too much of pain(have to remake constantly).  I have a picture of when I did in my photo album.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #392 on: May 14, 2008, 09:57:52 pm »
Wow one of the girls.....what is that? I have never heard that comment unless I was saying it to a guy.

I would love to see some of the cosplays you have done. I have sadly officially debuted one. I will be adding two more to that list after Kumoricon.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #393 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:01 pm »
it was in a online chatroom that also used for role play.  I typically did female characters and seem to do well enough to earn that comment from one of the girls in there.

reminds me of when I was playing FFXI as a mithra.....everyone considered me a girl.  even the few people that knew my true gender as a guy.............and had an event similar to sekitan in that I actually pretended to be a gf to someone and had someone admitted feelings for me.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Kurimono/  this is my photo album, mostly consisting of the conventions I've been to.  You can find me dressed as Haku in Sakura con 05.  My other cosplays are bit harder to find.  I should have hanatarou(bleach) w/ cat ears somewhere in kumori 06 acting silly.  More recently, I cosplay Mikoto from Princess Princess in a lolita dress last sakura con, but I dun have a picture on hand.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #394 on: May 14, 2008, 10:12:12 pm »
Wow thats really good. I like the Haku. You have been to way more cons than I have. This will be my third. My parents are very overprotective of me so I was shocked that they let me go to Seattle with a bunch of my friends. Nothing bad happened so that means I'll get to go back ^_^

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2008, 10:19:04 pm »
I thought that cosplay was a decent one.  while I did the wig myself, the actual cosplay was made by my mother.  after that, all cosplay are either commissions or made by me.

oh and here is hanatarou.  http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Kurimono/Kumori%20Con%2006/?action=view&current=Picture252.jpg
quite silly.  I may wear it again at kumori possibly presuming I have time from my other cosplays. 

I have two other ones, Prince(suikoden V) and Tenchi Masaki, but not sure where I can find pictures and I dun think highly of those two cosplays(didn't turn out well imo).  I can get my Mikoto cosplay though. 

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2008, 10:26:00 pm »
Well I think they look good. I love Hanatarou too ^_^. I can not wait till I can get home in a few weeks so I can get my mom to take pictures of me as Temari and post them. The old picture I had was good but it could have been better.....anyways...

I'm sure there will be people interested in yuri there as well as possible yuri partakers (back on track now).

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2008, 10:34:32 pm »
I do have a 1/2 done Himeko cosplay from kannazuki no miko(a yuri anime).  I dun plan on finishing it however as it really loses its appeal without a Chikane.  I think my cosplay plans are after stuffed as it is.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2008, 10:40:38 pm »
It seems like it. I would be happy with one cosplay. I will probably do Temari for two days and Misa on the last day. Thats my plan at least. I could do a fan service too, I'm sure there are a lot of people who are interested in Temari and some other girl.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2008, 10:49:01 pm »
I think I have like 3-4 cosplays for kumori con.  all of them girls so I may get more girls jokes afterwards.

I dun believe Temari in a yuri pairing is that popular.  Most same sex pairings for Naruto is usually Sasuke and Naruto.  Maybe a Gaara.  ......I like to see more haku/ and isn't zabuza...that just seems wrong to me.  As for yuri, I think sakura/ino is kinda common.......I've seen one female naruto hinata...or it hinted at that anyway.