Author Topic: Yaoi/yuri party  (Read 305450 times)

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Yaoi/yuri party
« Reply #550 on: June 05, 2008, 11:59:08 pm »
I'm not saying its bad, do to an 18+ one if you want, BUT we're making it 13+ because the one thats wants to do they event, and that is filling out the form, just so happens to be under 18, we'll probably make it an 18+ event when there 18, till thats its 13+ and just so you know The adults Don't have to take responsibility, if its a 15 year old, I'm sure they can handle being told to "stop doing that" since you know kids kinda get told that at school, and other places, since we're kids......(whatever) BUT just because we are, you shouldn't have to take responsibility for us, if you just so happen to show up...
Like i wouldn't want some one like you to take the rap for me, ,i would honestly get offended, since I was the one who did something wrong.
so your pretty much saying that you aren't going to go to the event?
thats cool, you don't have to, I'm just saying, you should be afraid to come and have fun, since we're all people, you never know, there are always some "kids" that act a little bit older then they seem.
but if you don't want to go then don't.
(just throwing that out there)

p.s. notice most of what i said was Pure opinion.
don't take offense or anything...its just the way it seems you are talking, and if it is not then tell me what you mean OH GREAT OLDER ONE?! >:(
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:07:14 am by Naruchan tebayo »
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #551 on: June 06, 2008, 12:51:03 am »
I'm not saying its bad, do to an 18+ one if you want, BUT we're making it 13+ because the one thats wants to do they event, and that is filling out the form, just so happens to be under 18, we'll probably make it an 18+ event when there 18, till thats its 13+ and just so you know The adults Don't have to take responsibility, if its a 15 year old, I'm sure they can handle being told to "stop doing that" since you know kids kinda get told that at school, and other places, since we're kids......(whatever) BUT just because we are, you shouldn't have to take responsibility for us, if you just so happen to show up...
Like i wouldn't want some one like you to take the rap for me, ,i would honestly get offended, since I was the one who did something wrong.
thats cool, you don't have to, I'm just saying, you should be afraid to come and have fun, since we're all people, you never know, there are always some "kids" that act a little bit older then they seem.

don't take offense or anything...its just the way it seems you are talking, and if it is not then tell me what you mean OH GREAT OLDER ONE?! >:(

I really DIDNT take any offense until you pulled the 'OH GREAT OLDER ONE'
As frustrating as it's been I haven't resorted to calling you children or anything of that condescending nature.

I'm not trying to ruin your fun, or tell you what to do just because I'm older. My only concern is for Kumoricon.

I'm speaking from a purely legal standpoint; if a group of minors are caught doing something they are not supposed to in public, LEGALLY the responsibility will fall on the closest adult. Minors cannot be prosecuted by the law.
 Like I said, that is why minors have to be attended by an adult. Liability.

Eventually word would get out and the convention will have to secure more BS rules and no one will have any fun. That is why SC is the way it is.

I'v explained it as simply as I can. You can say how you'll take responsibility, you can go on and on about  how it's stupid, and I agree with you but it's how the law works and unfortunately I'm in no position to change it.

As far as attending the event I dont know yet.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:23:13 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #552 on: June 06, 2008, 08:18:54 am »

I really DIDNT take any offense until you pulled the 'OH GREAT OLDER ONE'
As frustrating as it's been I haven't resorted to calling you children or anything of that condescending nature.

I'm not trying to ruin your fun, or tell you what to do just because I'm older. My only concern is for Kumoricon.

I'm speaking from a purely legal standpoint; if a group of minors are caught doing something they are not supposed to in public, LEGALLY the responsibility will fall on the closest adult. Minors cannot be prosecuted by the law.
 Like I said, that is why minors have to be attended by an adult. Liability.

Eventually word would get out and the convention will have to secure more BS rules and no one will have any fun. That is why SC is the way it is.

I'v explained it as simply as I can. You can say how you'll take responsibility, you can go on and on about  how it's stupid, and I agree with you but it's how the law works and unfortunately I'm in no position to change it.

As far as attending the event I dont know yet.

You really need to drop the subject. No one wants to do an 18+ event. So if you want to get off the forum and make it yourself. Stop bitching to us about it. The people who started this topic are under 18 and it would be pointless to make the event 18+ because they couldn't go to it. And I am sure the only reason it is called a yaoi/yuri party is because it is easier to type than shounen-ai/shoujo-ai, and it's a little too late to change the title of the post.

Drop the subject it is going to be 13+ if you want it 18+ go submit your own paper work. I am tired of hearing arguing.

Lets move on to what exactly we are going to be doing at this event.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #553 on: June 06, 2008, 11:12:23 am »

Drop the subject it is going to be 13+ if you want it 18+ go submit your own paper work. I am tired of hearing arguing.

Read next time.

That's why I'm suggesting we have a pg-13 event AND adult event. That way everyone is happy.

I came here because it sounded like fun, not to argue.   
You started talking about things that would legally get KC in trouble.
 I told you why it's a bad idea.
You got offended and argued pulling the 'mean old adult.
 I explained ' REALLY it will KC in trouble. You argued.
 I said  IT'S ILLEGAL:. You argued.
Your not going to listen to reason EVER. Have fun planning your event just dont do anything to get KC in trouble
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:28:58 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #554 on: June 06, 2008, 11:36:07 am »
But Guys, some of us DO want a 18+ event as well... So I guess my opinion, or Kadaj's or out 18+ friends don't matter. Thief, I think you should go ahead and RUN the 18+ event if you truly want to. I will put my support behind it, and I am sure that several others will as well!
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #555 on: June 06, 2008, 11:55:41 am »
But Guys, some of us DO want a 18+ event as well... So I guess my opinion, or Kadaj's or out 18+ friends don't matter. Thief, I think you should go ahead and RUN the 18+ event if you truly want to. I will put my support behind it, and I am sure that several others will as well!

Eh, RUN it? Okay...I'll do it!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 08:18:17 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #556 on: June 07, 2008, 06:05:46 pm »
Oh wow, this kind of blew up. XD;; Anyway, in my opinion, I still think there should be two events. We (as in me and the other 17 and under attendees) will do the 13+ one and anyone 18+ who wants to do the 18+ one, can. The two groups don't even have to have anything to do with each other if we don't seem to get along. XD Again, this is all just my opinion.

As for actual events at the 13+ event (dude, that's even shorter to type than yaoi party! XD), I do agree that the activities need to stay PG13 and under. Not that I'm saying anyone was planning otherwise, but as the people running the event, ya'll need to make sure that there are rules set about those things and then enforce them. Again, not that I think you wouldn't, just trying to help with the planning. ^^ I personally am a fan of really lame games like Fruits Basket, Duck Duck Goose, etc. It is a "sleepover"-esq party after all. X3
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #557 on: June 08, 2008, 10:05:47 pm »
this is starting to get really stupid.....
I'm sorta pissed about how this is working out....
this is my first con and I wanted to have fun, but now I'm pissed about...THANK!
I guess do whatever you want, I don't care anymore, but if your going to start your own event GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS FORUM NOW!
that is all.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #558 on: June 08, 2008, 10:17:37 pm »
Naruchan, calm down... I was saying there should be two events. To be fair to all participants. Seriously, you can't tell us to leave a forum, I am still interested in the normal Yaoi Yuri party for those under 18. But I think it's a good idea for those older then 18 to have a small party of their own. Even if its only on Pre-reg night or something, seriously... it will still be a great con. Calm down...
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #559 on: June 08, 2008, 10:24:18 pm »
Thanks, Iruka. DX That was a really stupid argument no offense. I think that was a really good idea Iruka. :] Now back to our planning, I've decided so none of the adults will worry I am going to make a contract with rules that everyone needs to sign before they enter. Unless for some reason your older than 18. I'll post the rules as soon as I type it up and you're to sign with your real name (last name is optional) and badge name. Sound good to everyone?
And I'll start making the sheet things as soon as I'm un-lazy again. ^_^;

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #560 on: June 08, 2008, 10:27:04 pm »
Yep, sounds like a wonderful idea Invader Spleen. I think that people need to calm down. Reactions like just happened, are why people sometimes don't even want us to run this events. Show you have some maturity, and are willing to be at least adult like in your actions. Besides the only reason I suggested another event for the 18+'s is because we might wanna swap animes, or watch more risque animes, which we can't with minors around.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #561 on: June 08, 2008, 10:34:51 pm »
Yeah, they'll probably wanna start the fun earlier too. Ooh! You know how for truth or dare people can sometimes never think of anything? We should have a little had filled with some just in case that happens. :] I feel creative. lol

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #562 on: June 08, 2008, 10:39:59 pm »
Yep, sounds like a wonderful idea Invader Spleen. I think that people need to calm down. Reactions like just happened, are why people sometimes don't even want us to run this events. Show you have some maturity, and are willing to be at least adult like in your actions. Besides the only reason I suggested another event for the 18+'s is because we might wanna swap animes, or watch more risque animes, which we can't with minors around.

Yea, that was the point I was trying to get across.
Unfortunately I don't have enough patience too keep reiterating that without losing my temper. Bad, I know.

Spleen, I really like your idea.  It's an excellent way to give people what they want and keep KC out of trouble.

Iruka and I will work on an 18+ event so that everyone has something to do.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:41:01 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #563 on: June 08, 2008, 10:42:39 pm »

Yea, that was the point I was trying to get across.

Unfortunately I don't have enough patience too keep reiterating that without losing my temper.

Spleen I really like your idea.  It's a very good way to give people what they want and keep KC out of trouble.

Iruka and I will work on an 18+ event so that everyone has something to do.
Good plan! >: D School is out on June 11th so I'll have plenty of time to get unLazy. If you have any rule suggestions that you don't think I'll think of, then message me. XD

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #564 on: June 10, 2008, 02:34:29 pm »
Not to rush anyone, but the event registration forms are due June 15, which is this Sunday. Just so everyone knows (though I'm sure most of you did : P).

I think Truth or Dare is a really fun game, but like you said it's hard to be creative without it getting not-so-fun/legal in our case. The hat would be a great idea! Oh, and Would You Rather is another fun game. We could even make it anime themed! XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #565 on: June 10, 2008, 02:38:26 pm »
O.O APPLES TO APPLES

I LOVE THAT GAME, and it is a great party game. We can have a few games going on at once.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #566 on: June 10, 2008, 04:18:29 pm »
Oh yeah. Well I guess I better go get started on those forms. DX Thankfully, I've just found the old forms so I don't have to work from start. ^_^
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:20:07 pm by Invader spleen »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #567 on: June 10, 2008, 04:20:10 pm »
yeah that may be a good idea. But if the forms don't get in on time we can always just make a little group outside or something. Just a suggestion. : D

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #568 on: June 10, 2008, 04:30:09 pm »
Yup! Umm, we decided on Saturday starting at like... 8, right? Also, I need a second and third back up time.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #569 on: June 10, 2008, 04:33:05 pm »
how about 7 and 9? Or even 6. I don't think they would schedule the cosplay contest for Saturday, I'm sure it will be Sunday and the cosplay chess is Monday. I think the only thing that will be going on around the same time are the dances.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #570 on: June 13, 2008, 07:21:30 pm »
Someone else has to do the forms. DX My computer wouldn't do it!!!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #571 on: June 13, 2008, 08:11:40 pm »
wow that sucks.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #572 on: June 13, 2008, 08:29:38 pm »
Yeah. We might just have to have something out in the park. No big deal I guess. >.<

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #573 on: June 13, 2008, 09:12:02 pm »
Someone else has to do the forms. DX My computer wouldn't do it!!!

I'm going to fill my forms out tonight.  If you want..I can fill yours out while I'm at it. Just tell me what you want the form to say.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:27:26 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #574 on: June 15, 2008, 11:31:39 am »
Gasp! Is it too late?! DX Well if anyone is still gonna do it, it is "Shoujo-ai, shounen-ai party." The description will be something along the lines of; A sleep over themed party, where you dress up as your favorite character for shoujo/shounen-ai. There will be a photo shoot, food, and games! It will be 18+ after hours.

(Just in case anyone does come to ours 18+)
times wanted will be saturday 7:30 saturday 8:00 and Friday 8:00 I think, and it can't be during the rave. I heard there will be two, so I dunno about that.
Held in 'other'-any large room.
don't need any assistance or yojiba or whatever it was. set up time 15 minutes before, take down time would be probably around 10:00.
 It's a panel.... event length 2-3 hours I think.

I hope that's it. XD Besides the information for the sender. Whoever does that should just put theirs.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #575 on: June 15, 2008, 03:05:25 pm »
Sorry, I can't help with the forms. My current comp doesn't like PDF. XP But it may not be too late. The deadline is today, so that may mean you can still turn it in. Assuming anyone else manages to fill it out. >.< If not, we'll just... plan something else. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2008, 05:36:59 pm »
Yeah, as long as it's not cold and wet outside then we can just all meet up out there. :]

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #577 on: June 17, 2008, 11:24:22 am »
So, what all happened with the forms? We gonna have an actual event, or just a party in the park? Though a sleepover in the park sounds a little weird. XD Oh, I only just thought that you should have emailed whoever's in charge of events and just given them the info. Oh well. You could still email them and see what happens. >>
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #578 on: June 17, 2008, 01:06:45 pm »
Get the form into me this week (I can e-mail a .doc file if you need it), and we can see about getting it on the schedule.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #579 on: June 17, 2008, 01:55:29 pm »
Okay! I think I still need someone else to do it. The information is still there, unless the .doc file is different. I don't know a lot about documents and such. XP

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #580 on: June 18, 2008, 05:26:16 pm »
>> What was planned for this?
I like skipped out on the discussion...

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #581 on: June 18, 2008, 06:29:32 pm »
Uh, I think they may have made the deadline for the party, we don't know, and now there is a adult party on a different topic.
I don't remember the date. XD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #582 on: June 18, 2008, 09:20:21 pm »
I think we were planing on doing it the first night. I can't wait! : D

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #583 on: June 19, 2008, 01:54:01 am »
Wait did we get the forms in?

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #584 on: June 19, 2008, 08:54:39 am »
The forms still have not been turned it.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #585 on: June 19, 2008, 06:31:34 pm »
isn't it a bit late to turn in forms?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #586 on: June 19, 2008, 08:37:52 pm »
I didn't pay attention anymore...
I don't think this is going to be an event...which is fine with me I don't care, it would just be fun if it did.
we waited to long.
oh well.....
unless the times not over yet....O_O

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #587 on: June 19, 2008, 09:05:35 pm »
Hopefully not...
I kinda quit the discussion for a bit cause i got bored...
T_T

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #588 on: June 19, 2008, 11:35:02 pm »
yea, I did too...
I couldn't find a place where i could say something.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #589 on: June 20, 2008, 01:37:18 pm »
Jamiche said we could turn them in a little bit late, but I still need someone else to turn in the forms for me! All the info is on page thirty-eight I believe so if you guys want it someone needs to do it. The only difference is it will be indoors with tables or outdoors with blankets.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #590 on: June 20, 2008, 02:28:49 pm »
o.o Jaki is so nice
I'm never good at that stuff so....
NOT IT!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #591 on: June 20, 2008, 03:16:45 pm »
lol, you don't have to. I'd do it but my computer is lame!!! D:< I can't download software and things like that without my mom's okay.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #592 on: June 20, 2008, 05:56:43 pm »
then just ask your mom its not that hard....
I mean, most likly it'll be ok, since with computers you can take certain software and delete it.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #593 on: June 20, 2008, 09:06:35 pm »
Just email the actual info. Not the form, just the answer to all the questions on the form. Type them out in an email and send them. They have the forms. They just need the answers. ^^;

And if you can't see the form, and that's the issue, email them and ask them what all is on it. Again, you don't need the actual form. You just need to know what is says.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #594 on: June 21, 2008, 01:57:24 pm »
I emailed them.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #595 on: June 21, 2008, 03:19:30 pm »
to who?

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #596 on: June 21, 2008, 04:49:40 pm »
To Jaki. The head of the programming department.

Edited June 22- She got them and now we just have to wait and see if they let us in.

:]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:04:53 pm by Invader spleen »

oslapedo

« Reply #597 on: June 29, 2008, 08:44:43 am »
Yuri party? *ears perk up* What would that entail?  ;D

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2008, 08:52:33 am »
-smacks oslapedo with the rolled up newspaper in the head- Shh! The grownups are talking XD
I'm glad Jaki got them, I feel bad for turning them in late though...
THANKS MOMMY!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2008, 11:04:54 am »
Lol, I know what you mean Momo. But I think if it's an event it'll just be a party with a PG13 Photo shoot and cute games.