Author Topic: To anyone who likes metal (in the musical sense)...  (Read 3084 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
To anyone who likes metal (in the musical sense)...
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:28:15 am »
My band, Seized of Darkness, will be playing a couple shows this weekend, and I figured I'd give anyone from the forums who likes metal (all two of you, Mustash and Laurifer ^_^ ) a heads-up about it.

March 28th, 7:00pm, White Salmon Grange Hall (in White Salmon, WA), $5 at the door.
Grynch, Curien, Lay Face Down and Seized Of Darkness!!!!!!!!
Please come out and support local metal so we can do this again!
If you need to know where the White Salmon is, contact one of us and we'll be sure to get you there.

March 30th, 4:00pm, Rock N Roll Pizza, $8 in advance/$10 at the door
Battle of the Bands
Tickets are $8. I've got some, you want them, come get 'em! Let me know if you want one (or if you aren't available to make it, how about just buying one to support the band? ^_^), and I'll get you one, or meet you at the venue early to get you one. I'm willing to bend on this because we need the support!

Anyway, so yeah, if you like metal, like what you hear on the myspace page, or like your local neighborhood EveofAbyss (and aren't going to SakuraCon), come on out won't you? ^_^

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:30:30 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Re: To anyone who likes metal (in the musical sense)...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:41:59 am »
I would totally go but I don't think I'm free this weekend D:

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 12:04:02 pm »
I am totally free this weekend and I've never been to a battle of the bands.
I will be there on Sunday!
Wooooo!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:23:12 pm »
Sweet! I'll see you there! Thanks Tom, and have a great weekend nonetheless Laurifer! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 04:28:07 pm »
wow white salmon? I havent been out there since the last time I went to lyle. Is it a full fledged town now? Last time I was there it only had one main road.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:44:48 am »
*cursing*
I'm sick.
I caught something last night at my buddy's house so now I'm stuck at home and can't go to the battle of the bands.
Kick lots of butt Eve. I guess i'll go and put some hist on your myspace page since I can't be there in person.

dammit...
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 04:22:14 pm »
Pretty cool sounding stuff. The production has a nice balance between a garage band sound while still being clean enough to distinguish all the instruments. (Nothing I hate more than listening to a death metal album and it sounds so crappy you can't understand anything.)

I won't be able to make the concert since I have work. =(

I noticed you have my friend's band (Ceremonial Castings) in your list. I've thought of making a post on here to see if anyone would be interested in meeting up at one of their shows sometimes. Or even just some of the cooler metal shows in general. It's been awhile since I've gone to one.

Nice to see someone else on the boards has a taste for metal a little more on the extreme side of things.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 04:23:06 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 11:43:06 pm »
the show was amazing, as in, seized of darkness utterly destroyed the competition... also meaning the competition never had a chance cause every other band sucked...

yay for you, eve-boyfriend, you're amazing, and the band should know that they are too!

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 11:52:22 pm »
I only listen to extreme metal occasionally (black metal and melodeath FTW!) but I would love to go to a show and support you guys! You guys being whomever has an awesome and good-sounding band haha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 07:57:35 am »
I totaly missed this cuz i was at sac gomen I sure you guys rocked!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 08:05:32 am »
Yeah, so thanks for the forum support! I hope you are feeling better or were able to rest up, Tom.

As for the show, it went alright, there was not one definite genre of music being played, seven bands and everyone was very different. Nobody (except my band of course) was really my personal cup of tea, but I had to stick around nonetheless because out of seven bands, my band was playing sixth. So yeah, we stuck around for the night, but we were all pretty thrashed from the weekend and the drives. We had to cut our set short about halfway through because of equipment failures and malfunctions, but it by all means wasn't a disaster. I think for the most part, our style of music wasn't the best for the audience present at the time (maybe too heavy, or too abstract, I dunno, lol). Anyway, yeah, you guys didn't miss out on the performance of a lifetime, that's for sure. But I will be sure to let everyone know when we are playing next for those who want to attend! ^_^

And thanks, Reppy (and Laurifer), I'm glad you like what we've got up. We're working on the album now, just looking for a place to record (with a decent quality, we don't want our album to sound like a demo, like our demo, lol). That's cool that you like Ceremonial Castings too. They have a killer live show/performance/stage appearance! Yeah, it's always nice to find out there are others within this little community who like metal. We'll have to go to some concerts sometime!

(And no worries, Jaz! I figured most people would be at SakuraCon anyway, so yeah, no worries! Hope you had a blast!)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 01:18:52 pm »
It was at Rock and Roll pizza, right? That place is so small. I saw one show there. It was the "International Extreme Music Festival". Over all it was pretty good. Didn't care for most of the bands. I basically went to see the headliners (GD). Although I did end up liking Epoch of Unlight, even talked to the band for a bit (they were selling their merchandise by themselves when they weren't on stage). When GD played, it was literally like me and 7-8 friends (Ceremonial Castings band members and a few other friends) head banging and doing a little moshing. It was kind of pathetic how weak the turn out was for them. And my only thought was, "Damn, as small as this show ended up being.. I can only imagine how it would have been if the place was packed. How could you move?!"

Although I will say this.. out of the few places I've been, Rock and Roll pizza definitely has the nicest facilities. It looks very clean and new inside. Compared to the times I've been to The Gravity Room (a few battle of the bands, Cattle Decapitation/Behemoth/Suffocation) -- or whatever it's called these days -- and the Roseland (Behemoth/Nile/King Diamond \m/), anyways. I guess that's not saying much. :P

I just think it's pretty dang cool you know CC. I literally grew up with the guitarist and keyboardist. Went to school with 'em stuff. We had tons of crazy times together. They've changed a lot from when they first started playing and literally had no props and no live drummer (all the drumming was played on a machine, recorded by Lord Serpent.)

You'll have to make a new thread when you guys get your stuff recorded in a studio. I'd be interested in hearing how it sounds!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:20:43 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery