Author Topic: D. Gray-Man '08  (Read 16396 times)

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
Re: D. Gray-Man '08
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 11:11:59 am »
Yes, but an official one makes things easier, IMO.  (Also, I like having them because then I can say both "this is when I'll wear this cosplay" and "JIM GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE NOW OR WE WILL KICK YOU".  Mostly the latter.)

Yay for you having a Kanda cos, though!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:12:20 am by myalchod »

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 11:21:50 am »
Yes, but an official one makes things easier, IMO.  (Also, I like having them because then I can say both "this is when I'll wear this cosplay" and "JIM GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE NOW OR WE WILL KICK YOU".  Mostly the latter.)

Yay for you having a Kanda cos, though!

I agree, they are better. But if we can't then we can't and will have to work with what we've got. You can still kick people. You'll just need different reasoning. None at all is fine too.

BTW, will you  be bringing your functional time wheel peanut butter sammiches?  I will probably need one or five at some point. XD

Thanks, hopefully it will be sufficient. ' ^^  I just need to find a way to change my hair color overnight.

So, what time had everyone wanted?
Remember, we have less than a month so there is not time EVERY single person single to person to pull the  " I have this a time".

Well just have to pick a time that accommodates as many as possible.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:22:37 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2008, 11:54:20 am »
BTW, will you  be bringing your functional time wheel peanut butter sammiches?  I will probably need one or five at some point. XD

I don't know, but probably not.  I'm flying up, so I'm not sure what I will and won't be able to bring along between space constraints and airline regs.  Since I'm posting my swords up, I'm going to make every effort not to have to check bags (especially trying to catch an earlier flight on standby) -- but knowing my luck, I'll have to.  Almost certainly no Fourth Squad cookies this time, though.
(I thought you said you didn't like peanut butter. :P )

Timewise, I'd prefer not the same day as Bleach.  Family plans are Bleach, Juuni Kokki, and D.Gray, and until we know when Reborn stuff is happening, I can't even guess as to when we'll be doing Juuni Kokki -- though since I'm staying over Monday night, the ease of costume and makeup removal for the drive home isn't an issue for everyone.  That's about all the input I can offer right now.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2008, 01:37:34 pm »

I don't know, but probably not.  I'm flying up, so I'm not sure what I will and won't be able to bring along between space constraints and airline regs.  Since I'm posting my swords up, I'm going to make every effort not to have to check bags (especially trying to catch an earlier flight on standby) -- but knowing my luck, I'll have to.  Almost certainly no Fourth Squad cookies this time, though.
(I thought you said you didn't like peanut butter. :P )

Timewise, I'd prefer not the same day as Bleach.  Family plans are Bleach, Juuni Kokki, and D.Gray, and until we know when Reborn stuff is happening, I can't even guess as to when we'll be doing Juuni Kokki -- though since I'm staying over Monday night, the ease of costume and makeup removal for the drive home isn't an issue for everyone.  That's about all the input I can offer right now.

I don't like peanut better  but like I said, it kept me from passing out until we got the restaurant ( hence the time-wheel sammich) XD

God, I don't blame you. These days I would rather spend two weeks on a train, then two hours on a plane.

Ehe..that's a lot of photo shoots  are these all on the same day? 

What time had you guys set up previously?

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2008, 02:12:03 pm »
God, I don't blame you. These days I would rather spend two weeks on a train, then two hours on a plane.

I hate trains too -- at least, I've had issues with Amtrak the one time I took it.  But really, work makes the decision for me -- I can't afford to take the time off it'd be to catch a train.  Ah, well, at least AX and Fanime are close enough to drive.

And no, Kaasan and Tige and I planned three sets of cosplays, to spread out over the three days.  Rai, I'm sure, will have more, but that's on her own head -- and the only one she's doing with us is Juuni Kokki.

I don't recall if there was a time set up.  I do know that my personal preference now, with Bleach on Saturday, is Not Saturday. :D

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 03:12:04 pm »

I hate trains too -- at least, I've had issues with Amtrak the one time I took it.  But really, work makes the decision for me -- I can't afford to take the time off it'd be to catch a train.  Ah, well, at least AX and Fanime are close enough to drive.

And no, Kaasan and Tige and I planned three sets of cosplays, to spread out over the three days.  Rai, I'm sure, will have more, but that's on her own head -- and the only one she's doing with us is Juuni Kokki.

I don't recall if there was a time set up.  I do know that my personal preference now, with Bleach on Saturday, is Not Saturday. :D

I like trains okay but yes, Amtrak sucks as far as punctuality.
 Last time i took a train, I was 23 hours late and missed Diaysis ( I was supposed to go during the con but I skipped cuz that's how I roll yo)
Mostly, I was irritated with the everyone who was WHIIIINIG so insufferably even though they were the ones with no were to go. Had it not been for my appointment, I wouldn't have cared one bit.

I see.  If there was no time set up, that must have been what the email was about; registering too late.

The only thing I really care about is the Blleach Shoot and probably Chess game. I don't know when the Bleach shoot is, but the Chess is Monday morning

I don't think many people want it Monday so let's go with Sunday.

Any objections? LEGITAMTE objections?

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2008, 04:07:03 pm »
Sunday should probably work for us.  I know Kaasan would prefer it on the later side, as she is Absolutely Not a Morning Person (as opposed to my internal alarm, which goes "SEVEN THIRTY YOU ARE LATE FOR WORK GET UP GET UP GET UP" even on weekends).  Looking at the schedule right now, I'd suggest either 11:30 or 1:00.

My hatred of Amtrak probably has a lot to do with the fact that it took me nearly a full day to get from Humboldt back down to Santa Barbara, including multiple delays and three different buses, PLUS the train -- and it would've been almost eighteen WITHOUT delays, when it took my brother and I a little over nine to get there driving.  Why they don't just have a bus down to the Bay Area and the train from there is beyond me.  OTOH, I hear for going to the Bay or LA, it's a lot less Epic Fail.

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2008, 01:42:31 am »
Just to let you guys know, no I did NOT set up a time and date for this shoot, and it's NOT on the official photoshoot list yet.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2008, 07:42:50 am »
Just to let you guys know, no I did NOT set up a time and date for this shoot, and it's NOT on the official photoshoot list yet.

Noticed that on the photoshoot scheduling thread.  I think that's why we're discussing dates/times.

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2008, 10:21:00 am »

Noticed that on the photoshoot scheduling thread.  I think that's why we're discussing dates/times.

I just saw something about unofficial versus official so I wanted to clarify that there is no "official".
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2008, 07:38:19 pm »

Yep, that is exactly why.

Alright, I'm going for 2 PM Sunday.
1pm would have interfered with the masquerade practice.

There are two popular spots for shoots.
The Final Fantasy shoot is at 1pm and will probably go for more than an hour. So wherever that is going to be at we will have to take the other.
 Or, if someone can think of another location, that will work too.

I'm giving it until  midnight. If I don't receive multiple,  reasonable objections, I'm taking this to the photo shoot thread.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 07:57:20 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2008, 11:39:26 am »
My wife has decided to go as Road so I will break out my Earl cosplay

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2008, 11:47:32 am »
Alright guys the Photoshoot is at 3pm Sunday.

Someone took the 2pm slot.

There arefew options for location so we will meet at the park and if it's too crowded move it somewhere else.

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008, 04:29:49 pm »
Sounds good!
Are there other places more D.Gray-Man -ish for the photoshoot that might be a short walk from the Center? I'm kind of familiar with Portland, but I can't think of any place. Does any one else know?
Also, who here might be going to the D.Gray-Man Manga discussion? I haven't decided if I am yet, and it depends on what my group wants to do... But if it turns into a D.Gray-Man cosplay get-together then I'm there!
Kumori Con '08 :
Kanda [2nd uniform] - D.Gray-man
[possibly] some Star Trek character

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2008, 03:26:23 am »
Sounds good!
Are there other places more D.Gray-Man -ish for the photoshoot that might be a short walk from the Center? I'm kind of familiar with Portland, but I can't think of any place. Does any one else know?
Also, who here might be going to the D.Gray-Man Manga discussion? I haven't decided if I am yet, and it depends on what my group wants to do... But if it turns into a D.Gray-Man cosplay get-together then I'm there!

I want to..but I think it may be at the same time as the 18+ party I'm supposed to run.

I forgot that hosting a party means having attend. >_<

On a related note; I finally got all the crap for my Closet Cosplay-Kanda. I WOULD look nearly perfect, if it weren't for my mothers fat-face genes. I'm the only one in my family who is not fat, yet I've got that goddamned round face like mommy dearest!!

*Shakes fist as mommy dearest" CUUUUURSE YOOOOOOU!!

,,,ehe..no, sorry i don't know Portland at all.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2008, 07:50:52 am »
I may or may not have Miranda done for con.  The dress is giving me fits and I'm about to throw the towel in on the whole fiasco, just because I'm so blasted annoyed at it.

Hopefully, though ...

I'll still be there for the meet, though, even if it's not in D.Gray cos, because family will be cosplaying it.

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2008, 08:59:53 pm »
I had so much fun at the shoot! <3 I'll be sure to upload the pictures somewhere and post a link here. Hopefully some of you will also be cosplaying for Sakura Con...?

Also, Bellevue D.Gray-Man cosplayers: We'll be seeing you soon!
Kumori Con '08 :

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2008, 09:01:41 pm »
Fun shoot was fun, even though I was only being handed cameras and told what buttons to push. Hopefully I'll see you all by Sakuracon, and maybe I'll have Jasdebi done by then!

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2008, 09:11:32 pm »
Fun shoot was fun, even though I was only being handed cameras and told what buttons to push. Hopefully I'll see you all by Sakuracon, and maybe I'll have Jasdebi done by then!
Heh. Sorry 'bout that. XD
D: You must have it done! The power of Kanda compells you!
Kumori Con '08 :

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 10:23:14 pm »
I had so much fun at the shoot! <3 I'll be sure to upload the pictures somewhere and post a link here. Hopefully some of you will also be cosplaying for Sakura Con...?

Also, Bellevue D.Gray-Man cosplayers: We'll be seeing you soon!

Strangling Lavi was definitely the high point of my con, (aside from killing Harruhi, you have NO idea how sweet that was) we should do it again sometime.

You live in Belvue too? Sweet, that's three new people for me to hang with.

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2008, 10:37:18 pm »
Strangling Lavi was definitely the high point of my con, (aside from killing Harruhi, you have NO idea how sweet that was) we should do it again sometime.

Oh yes, we definitely should. We were planning to do a few more photoshoots on the weekend sometime, like at St. Edward's Park at Bastyr [playground with haunted forest and awesome buildings FTW] and other places. It'd be great if we could all get together some time and abuse my Lavi.

Anyway, we'll try to be at Anime Raku on Friday to see you guys!
Kumori Con '08 :

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2008, 11:24:18 pm »

Oh yes, we definitely should. We were planning to do a few more photoshoots on the weekend sometime, like at St. Edward's Park at Bastyr [playground with haunted forest and awesome buildings FTW] and other places. It'd be great if we could all get together some time and abuse my Lavi.

I have no idea where that is. I live in downtown Seattle so I don't know Belvue too well so I guess I'll just follow everyone.
You know, for the past month I've had nothing to do, but I may be busy Friday. *rage*

but if I can I'll be there maybe I can Paul and Yumi ( our Byakuya and Rhoad)  to go too.

I hope at least one or two of you in the group like video games. I have no one to play Dynasty warriors with anymore.

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2008, 11:33:43 am »

I have no idea where that is. I live in downtown Seattle so I don't know Belvue too well so I guess I'll just follow everyone.
You know, for the past month I've had nothing to do, but I may be busy Friday. *rage*

but if I can I'll be there maybe I can Paul and Yumi ( our Byakuya and Rhoad)  to go too.

I hope at least one or two of you in the group like video games. I have no one to play Dynasty warriors with anymore.

Bastyr is a University or College or something about 30 mins away from Bellevue; I forget exactly where it is though.

And we'll also be at AR today at about 1. Don't know how long we'll stay though [my wee little highschoolers don't have school today due to a teacher strike].

Oh, we loves the vidja games. Strangely, I don't think any of us have played Dynasty Warriors...
Kumori Con '08 :

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2008, 07:36:51 pm »

Bastyr is a University or College or something about 30 mins away from Bellevue; I forget exactly where it is though.

And we'll also be at AR today at about 1. Don't know how long we'll stay though [my wee little highschoolers don't have school today due to a teacher strike].

Oh, we loves the vidja games. Strangely, I don't think any of us have played Dynasty Warriors...

^^; I don't know where AR is either. I can get to Belvue but I would probably have to get a ride from there.

Oh damn. Well it's just mindless hack and slash..except Samurai Warriors..that game is much more difficult.

Oi, do you have an LJ or DA ect, ya know, so we don't spam up this thread?

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2008, 09:09:39 am »

^^; I don't know where AR is either. I can get to Belvue but I would probably have to get a ride from there.

Oh damn. Well it's just mindless hack and slash..except Samurai Warriors..that game is much more difficult.

I have both. Look up piercingnisha on either, but I'm on LJ more.
Kumori Con '08 :

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2008, 09:51:57 pm »

I have both. Look up piercingnisha on either, but I'm on LJ more.

I'll just l go for both.  I don't post much on either. cuz no ever bothers to read them.

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2008, 02:56:48 pm »
I finally uploaded my D.Gray-Man photoshoot pictures!

Feel free to steal them if you wish, as I didn't take half of them because I was in the picture itself...

The other pictures can be found here, where non-photoshoot related D.Gray-Man pictures can also be found.
Kumori Con '08 :