Author Topic: Manga Trade Booth/Room  (Read 3886 times)

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
Manga Trade Booth/Room
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:04:45 pm »
So I recently needed a topic to write a persuasive paper on, and the idea of a manga trading booth suddenly popped into my head. I know we have a manga trade/sell section on here, but wouldn't it be fun to have a booth or room dedicated to it at the con? People could bring in good conditioned manga that has only been read a few times. They could trade it in, and get a ticket or something, saying how many they brought, and then they could take as many. I thought it sounded like a rather good idea.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Re: Manga Trade Booth/Room
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:39:32 am »
I don't know how well this would work, but there are people who organize swap meets at cons (unofficially) where people can trade manga, figures, dvds, etc.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 04:31:11 pm »
This is something that is best brought up to programming, as they are the ones who would deal with room assignments and such, I believe.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:32:04 pm »
With the vendors selling manga and the library making it available to be read I would suggest organizing an unofficial swap meet. The vendors get a little ticked off if people start selling stuff at the convention without paying for a booth.

I think you could probably get away with a panel (we always need more panels) about swapping manga, especially if you do a little bit of research and bring a pricing guide or something.

Anyway, talk to Programming about getting a panel together, or just go to the manga swapmeet forum and set up a time to get people together during the con to trade privately.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 01:44:01 pm »
Perfectly worded, Tom.  I hadn't thought of the vendors getting angry.  Definitely pursue a panel then, for those of you who are thinking of doing a manga swap meet.

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 04:29:12 am »
Ive sent off a panel form specifically for this.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 03:00:01 pm »
Sak does a panel for people to trade those little collectible figurines that you get in boxes (which I always thought was an awesome idea).  I have also been to other cons with swap meets.  Hopefully, we can do a panel like that :)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:41:21 pm »
yeah, i missed that this last one. Hopefully this one, if we have one, will have the same principal.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 01:38:18 pm »
Ive sent off a panel form specifically for this.

Cool, that ought to be fun to watch.  Just let us know if you think a yojimbo presence will be needed.