Author Topic: Hellboy *squeee!*  (Read 15352 times)

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
Hellboy *squeee!*
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:03:32 am »
so, this is early, but hellboy 2 is coming out on july 11. so guess what that means? yep, midnight showing ^.^

unless otherwise requested, i'm thinking shari's and tigard theater again if anyone wants to go. if we get enough people we won't have to entertain ourselves by watching the first hellboy on my psp at the theater, like eve-boyfriend and i did while waiting for prince caspian (watching the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe) since no one else showed up... *guilt trip* lol

i'm so excited *dances* weee!

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
Re: Hellboy *squeee!*
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 01:02:15 pm »
No one else showed up for Prince Caspian? Lame. I will try to make it to Hellboy....as always it depends on the work schedule  :).

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 05:32:51 pm »
^i hope you can, cause that would be awesome ^.^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:07:31 am »
Yay, Hellboy II! And I still am planning to have my Night of Tentacles before we go see it, probably at my house, where we will watch some of the following: Hellboy, The Mist, Cloverfield, Dagon, The Call of Cthulhu, The Thing, and others.

I am planning to cosplay as Hellboy at some point in the future, but probably not for this, though it'd be sweet. I'll probably have to wait until Norwescon. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 09:15:57 am »
There are just too many good movies coming out this year. Iron Man, Prince Caspian, Indy 4, Hellboy 2, the Dark Night, The Happening, The new Incredible Hulk movie, The X files movie(my wife loves the X-Files) and there goes all my money.

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 06:55:19 pm »
I totally agree. I am ashamed to admit it though, but I have to add Mamma Mia and Get Smart to your list of summer movies.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 11:10:18 pm »
I totally agree. I am ashamed to admit it though, but I have to add Mamma Mia and Get Smart to your list of summer movies.

Well while I have no desire to see Mamma Mia, I do think Get Smart looks pretty funny, heh. And I also must add The Mummy: The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor to your list. I loved the first Mummy film, and although the second film sucked terribly, I think this new third one looks pretty amazing.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 11:52:58 pm »

Well while I have no desire to see Mamma Mia, I do think Get Smart looks pretty funny, heh. And I also must add The Mummy: The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor to your list. I loved the first Mummy film, and although the second film sucked terribly, I think this new third one looks pretty amazing.

agreed about the new mummy movie ^.^ and i shall add to the list, journey to the center of the earth. brendan fraiser just re-appeared out of nowhere! lol

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 08:09:00 am »
Yeah agreed. From what I recall Brendan Fraiser spent a period acting in theater. This must be the indication he is done with theater...at least for a bit.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 08:54:15 am »
Yeah agreed. From what I recall Brendan Fraiser spent a period acting in theater. This must be the indication he is done with theater...at least for a bit.

Hmm, interesting. And I add Inkheart to the list as well. Yay Brendan Fraser and Andy Serkis!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 10:04:25 am »

Hmm, interesting. And I add Inkheart to the list as well. Yay Brendan Fraser and Andy Serkis!

oh yeah, i forgot about that one! that looks amazing! weeeeeeeee!

i'm still the most excited about hellboy though >.O

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 10:16:43 pm »
saw a new, longer trailer when we went to see indiana jones today... oh crap... lol. it looks so freaking amazing! i'm soooooo excited! weeeeeeeeee! *jumps around room* oh, and eve-boyfriend and i wanna steal the new poster from the theater... along with that huge narnia cut-out at the tigard theater... *steal* >.O

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 11:45:58 am »
You saw a Hellboy trailer at the theater? I didn't and we saw the same movie....weird. Now I need to find it online.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 05:19:37 pm »
^that is weird... well, i hope you find it ^.^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 10:44:16 am »
Bump for next week is Hell(boy) Week!

Let's get some final plans etched out. Kahlan and I are aiming to go see Hellboy Ii, midnight showing, at the Tigard Regal. Before that, though, I am planning to have an evening of movies. We won't have time for a lot (because I know people work), but I want to at least have friends over to watch Hellboy, then we can go to Shari's and chitchat, then we can go to the theater! Sound good? If anyone wants to join us, post here! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 06:52:45 pm »
Bump for next week is Hell(boy) Week!

Let's get some final plans etched out. Kahlan and I are aiming to go see Hellboy Ii, midnight showing, at the Tigard Regal. Before that, though, I am planning to have an evening of movies. We won't have time for a lot (because I know people work), but I want to at least have friends over to watch Hellboy, then we can go to Shari's and chitchat, then we can go to the theater! Sound good? If anyone wants to join us, post here! ^_^

woot! sounds good to me ^.^ and i'll bring my psp and umd copy of hellboy to watch while we wait for hellboy 2 to begin! *jumps around* i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 07:49:31 pm »
i love midnight movies =D

ive gone to as many as i can and well lets say being first in line is hella amazing for transformers i got tons of free stuffs.... Nightmare b4 Christmas tons of free stuff.... and some other movies well.... nothing lol but ya try to be first and get free shwag!

im gonna try to be first for The dark knight and Hellboy in my town lolz
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 07:53:33 pm »

ive gone to as many as i can and well lets say being first in line is hella amazing for transformers i got tons of free stuffs.... Nightmare b4 Christmas tons of free stuff.... and some other movies well.... nothing lol but ya try to be first and get free shwag!

I remember the good ol' days where midnight showings were official events and there were always contests and swag, but I have not been to a premiere where there was swag since...Van Helsing, I think. I still love midnight showings, but I do miss the swag, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 07:55:21 pm »

I remember the good ol' days where midnight showings were official events and there were always contests and swag, but I have not been to a premiere where there was swag since...Van Helsing, I think. I still love midnight showings, but I do miss the swag, heh.

lol i hear ya

i camped 3 nights for the last harry potter and 3 nights for indiana jones KOTCS and nothing i was semi depressed :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:55:39 pm by kissarmy »
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 08:33:39 pm »
Oh I totally want to go...what day is the midnight showing?

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »
the day right before the movie? so hell boys on the 11th so the 10th at 11:59pm
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 09:50:00 pm »
the day right before the movie? so hell boys on the 11th so the 10th at 11:59pm

Yup, that'd be it. ^_^

And you should totally come! It'd be great to chill with you again.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 08:09:27 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 08:50:11 pm »

YOU MUST COME! i miss you T.T it would be awesome to see you ^.^

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »
You'd be surprised... Usually in Eugene the very first showing is at about eight at night the day before the movie is supposed to come out. But then again, that's only for really big movies.

Love to join you guys, but Mr. Del Toro told me not to see it because I'm such a big fan of the comics.  :P I'mma see it anyway after the rush dies out, though.

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 09:34:40 pm »
I'm totally going to try my best to make it, but it depends on what day I'm moving  :( . I miss you too.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 11:52:55 am »
I'm psyched about seeing it as well, so I'll probably hop down to Hilltop 9 to view it on opening night.  ;)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 11:53:38 am »
I'm psyched about seeing it as well, so I'll probably hop down to Hilltop 9 to view it on opening night.  ;)

Where's Hilltop at?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 11:55:11 am »

Where's Hilltop at?
Oregon City. It's the closest theater besides Oakgrove 8 and Clackamas Town Center.  ;)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 12:15:39 pm »

Where's Hilltop at?
Oregon City. It's the closest theater besides Oakgrove 8 and Clackamas Town Center.  ;)

Ah, you're way out there, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 12:36:56 pm »

Where's Hilltop at?

Hey! At least you have people who live by ya! I'm out here all alone.    :)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 12:44:48 pm »

Where's Hilltop at?

Yeah, that's sad....but at least you have a theater to go to nearby, heh. Better than some places I imagine.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 01:07:11 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 12:46:31 pm »

Where's Hilltop at?

Yeah, that's dad....but at least you have a theater to go to nearby, heh. Better than some places I imagine.
Touche. And I have a lot of other boring things by me. XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 01:08:16 pm »

Where's Hilltop at?

Yeah, that's dad....but at least you have a theater to go to nearby, heh. Better than some places I imagine.

Bummer, we've got to get more reasons for your to come to the Portland metro area then. Or get events started in your area. One of those......boring things are no good.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 01:14:13 pm »

Where's Hilltop at?

Bummer, we've got to get more reasons for your to come to the Portland metro area then. Or get events started in your area. One of those......boring things are no good.
No good at all. XD And I'm trying to head over there a bit, so I'm at least satisfyingly happy.  :)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 10:45:42 am »
Hellboy II comes out this week! Squee!

In celebration, I'm gonna coutn the days down by revealing something awesome each day up to the release date. Here we go with day 1!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 08:26:57 am »
Day II!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 01:43:46 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 01:41:32 pm »
I'm dragging a few friends along with me so I'm not so alone over here. XD

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 01:31:29 pm »
less than 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aksdotiuoaidglkasdtiouaiwoeur *is so excited i can't type* lol

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:48 am »
Day 3!

Day 4!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2008, 01:31:10 pm »
Well, we went and saw it, and needless to say, Hellboy II is a winner. I loved it, it's awesome, *rantrantrantaboutawesomeness* And thanks to UraharaFreak for coming out and seeing it with us. It was a pretty killer night of movie and good people, heh. So yes, I definitely recommend Hellboy II to any fans of Guillermo del Toro, Ron Perlman, Doug Jones, or (obviously) Hellboy. *thumbs up and cheesy endorsement*

Up next, The Dark Knight!!!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2008, 06:26:35 pm »
Oh yes, it was totally so much fun  :D. Hellboy 2 was very awesome, still wished I didn't fall asleep during it though  :'(. Next up Dark Knight!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2008, 08:08:40 pm »
I almost fell asleep, too! It was okay. I liked the fight scenes and graphics a lot, but the mediocre romance thing throughout the movie (50% of it) kinda bored me.
Personally, I didn't like the fact that there were more races of fantasy monsters in there than a Star Wars flick. You can only do so many before it gets a little fake-looking.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 01:27:56 pm »
Oh yes, it was totally so much fun  :D. Hellboy 2 was very awesome, still wished I didn't fall asleep during it though  :'(. Next up Dark Knight!

i did the same thing, it was that nod off for a few seconds then wake up... and no matter what i did, i couldn't stop doing that... *sigh* well, just an excuse to go see it again, lol.

the movie was amazing, though. i personally thought all the different races were awesome and really well thought out and portrayed. the tooth fairies were brutal. we've already made a few references to them while having to be around annoying people wishing we could kill them in some way.... lol.

i'll have to post a pic of the hellboy cake here soon ^.^ mmm, hellboy was yummy >.O

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 11:25:52 pm »

i did the same thing, it was that nod off for a few seconds then wake up... and no matter what i did, i couldn't stop doing that... *sigh* well, just an excuse to go see it again, lol.

the movie was amazing, though. i personally thought all the different races were awesome and really well thought out and portrayed. the tooth fairies were brutal. we've already made a few references to them while having to be around annoying people wishing we could kill them in some way.... lol.

i'll have to post a pic of the hellboy cake here soon ^.^ mmm, hellboy was yummy >.O

Yeah, I thought the creatures were pretty awesome. The Tooth Fairies were my favorites, they were totally cute and killer at the same time.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 10:20:21 pm »
I squealed like a fangirl when I saw the Tooth Fairies... They were in one of my favorite stories out of the 'Hellboy Short Stories' book! I loved that book... I wonder where it went?

Seeing that movie has made me want to cosplay something terrible, but I've already got all sorts of Trinity Blood artbook stuff planned. gah, why did Nuada have to have such cool clothes? Curse that man!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 10:24:00 pm »
I squealed like a fangirl when I saw the Tooth Fairies... They were in one of my favorite stories out of the 'Hellboy Short Stories' book! I loved that book... I wonder where it went?

Seeing that movie has made me want to cosplay something terrible, but I've already got all sorts of Trinity Blood artbook stuff planned. gah, why did Nuada have to have such cool clothes? Curse that man!

haha, I hear you. I was already planning to cosplay as Hellboy for Norwescon or a future Kumoricon, but after seeing that movie I really want to cosplay as the Angel of Death, too. So, I dunno, either way, I'll have a lot to work on haha. But having a Nuada cosplayer would be awesome, you should do it!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 11:47:19 pm »
Have you seen Valclav Havel recently? No? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/staticgirl/largeAnimePaperscans_Trinity-Blood_.jpg

I am not starting anything else until I finish him. Except maybe Angeal. And probably Nuada on the side because that red velvet sash is really tempting. At some point I'll end up cosplaying Kate Corrigan, too.

D: Why must Hellboy be my favorite comic book series ever, huh? Whyyyyyyyyy T_T?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 11:51:49 pm »
Have you seen Valclav Havel recently? No? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/staticgirl/largeAnimePaperscans_Trinity-Blood_.jpg

I am not starting anything else until I finish him. Except maybe Angeal. And probably Nuada on the side because that red velvet sash is really tempting. At some point I'll end up cosplaying Kate Corrigan, too.

D: Why must Hellboy be my favorite comic book series ever, huh? Whyyyyyyyyy T_T?

wow......you have my sympathies. I would never double up on cosplay if I was doing a character as intricate as that one. My hat's off to you, ma'am, hehe.

And you are cosplaying as Angeal? What year? Because I'm planning to do Angeal for 2009, so you may have some competition, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 12:04:14 am »
If I had enough time I'd totally do him for this year. But alas, it shall not be so. Next year! Next year I shall come at you all with 1.5 mini-wings of doom! 'Cause, ya know, totally not making a full-sized triple-jointed wing.5 just so I can stand outside, look epic-cool and promptly fall over sideways because of the fact that he's only got ONE effing WING.

Shplee, Del Toro said at one point that the Ogdru Jahad will probably be in the next movie! Can't wait, maybe this time he'll include more things from the comics... Like Hellboy shooting out the Baba Yaga's eye, or the Troll-Witch... Or Lobster Johnson!

*Fangirl mode*

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 01:12:16 am »
Ah, you're going all out with it! I was just planning to be regular Angeal, but it will be awesome to see a degraded Angeal too. ^_^ *Thumbs up*

And that is awesome about the Ogdru Jahad. They were plenty of coolness in the first film. I need to read the comics more, though. There is so much I don't know about yet.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!