Author Topic: Not be a bother but.  (Read 2531 times)

Offline SoraKitsune

• Chibi
    • Deviant art account
Not be a bother but.
« on: May 30, 2008, 02:03:19 pm »
Can I have a little help. My brain is filled to the brim with cosplays I would love to do but, I cant because of eye color. Can I have a little help from you guys in idea of what characters I could cosplay as. I currently have brown hair and brown eyes.(like in my avatar) Hair color I can always change but I have still have problems thinking up characters I could cosplay as. I am considering duing a sexy no jutsu Shikamaru or a genderbender version of him. Do you have any ideas. Nothing to hard because I have to finish the out fit by Kumoricon but the hard ones I can always try to do for Kumoricon 09. Thanks.
KumoriCon 2011
Femmy Turkey(aph) Missing pieces: Green hoody, dye hair brown. Mask
Femmy Germany(aph) Missing pieces: Short blond wig, iron cross necklace, Possibly blue contacts

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Re: Not be a bother but.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 02:06:48 pm »
Eye color shouldn't really matter when it comes to cosplay. Some people choose to buy colored contacts for their characters, but it doesn't mean that you can't cosplay as someone because of your eye differences. If you want to cosplay someone, you should do it. Eye color shouldn't stop you from that.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 02:17:40 pm »
Eye color shouldn't really matter when it comes to cosplay.

is right it really dosen't, but shikamaru would be great! (one of our staffers a girl has gone as just regualr shikamaru before)

I have seen that black mesh material at fabric stores tho it would prob just be easyer to buy a shirt tho..
**disclaimer** talking to a girl that would have no problem going as pakkun so i could go up to people and tell them to touch my paw cuz it is soft and supple
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline SoraKitsune

• Chibi
    • Deviant art account
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 02:20:29 pm »
Thank you. I know that I should not use that as an excuse but, I still have problem figuring out characters.
KumoriCon 2011
Femmy Germany(aph) Missing pieces: Short blond wig, iron cross necklace, Possibly blue contacts

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 03:09:04 pm »
Think of a character you really like, and that would be the most fun to cosplay. Also someone who would fit into your budget, and who's costume wouldn't be too difficult to make in the three month time frame.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline xNOxSUMMERxINxOCTOBERx

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 05:20:38 pm »
Yeah, it seriously doesn't matter. :] My eye color is different from my cosplay, but I'm still doing it. Good luck finding a character, though!

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 10:38:20 am »
Don't let eye color bother you.
Unless your character has really light hair (pink, white, ect), and you have like. Dark brown eyes. No one'll notice. xD;
If it truly bothers you a lot, get contacts.
SakuraCon '08: Touma (Gravitation) & Zexion (KH:CoM)
KumoriCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM) & Tatsumi (Yami no Matsuei)
AkiCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM)
SakuraCon '09: Miku (Vocaloid)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 10:46:31 am »
Does eye color really matter all that much? I mean, I was Larxene at Sakuracon and I had some serious Legolas-age going on. Neither my eyebrows nor my eyes matched my hair. By looking at your icon, I think you'd make a great Roxas... Or maybe that pirate girl I can't remember the name of from Guilty Gear.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 12:59:19 pm »
I think there are only certain situations where the eye colour actually matters, and even then, it's more of a "ooh, you went the extra step!" if someone has the contacts for it.  I don't fret about things like that, mostly because I need actual prescription contacts, and I haven't had the opportunity (or the funds) to find coloured lenses for someone with astigmatism yet.

That said: it all depends on what you like, I think.  To me, the hair colour is far more telling than the eyes, but that's just my two cents.  (And anyway, wigs are easier. :3 )

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:14:13 pm »
I never really look at the eye color of a character. If I get done with the costume in advance I'll start looking for more details to add. Also if I have enough money and enough time I'll get contacts but it isn't that big of a deal. I would say that the only time it is a big deal is when the character has an unusual eye color. One of my cosplays has red eyes and I am planing on getting contacts but I have seen other amazing cosplays that don't have the red eyes.

It matters more if you want to go the extra step and if you have enough money to do it. Unfortunately I wear contacts now so to get prescription red contacts it would cost close to $100 so I am going to buy plain ones and not be able to read unless I squint.

Offline SoraKitsune

• Chibi
    • Deviant art account
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 03:33:32 pm »
Does eye color really matter all that much? I mean, I was Larxene at Sakuracon and I had some serious Legolas-age going on. Neither my eyebrows nor my eyes matched my hair. By looking at your icon, I think you'd make a great Roxas... Or maybe that pirate girl I can't remember the name of from Guilty Gear.

wow thanks I checked out a pic from guilty gear. Your right but its a bit late to do it this year so it will have to wait. I know eye color should not bother me but it did at the time Im over that now.
KumoriCon 2011