Author Topic: Star Ocean Till the End of Time?  (Read 3360 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Star Ocean Till the End of Time?
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:20:59 pm »
Star Ocean 3 is one of my favorite games. Unfortunately it was released around the same time as Kingdom Hearts and kind of got over shadowed. The plot in the game is fantastic till one plot twist then you are like "WTF I think the writers ran out of ideas".

Anyways, what I was getting to is, is anyone interested in making a Star Ocean (preferably 3 but any of them will work) cosplay group? I am planing on going as Albel Nox to Kumoricon 08 this year and maybe even to Sakuracon next year.

The group doesn't have to be for this Kumoricon, it could be for Sakuracon 09 or even Kumoricon 09.

Is anyone interested?

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
Re: Star Ocean Till the End of Time?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:13:40 pm »
Star Ocean 2 is my favorite, despite having to be lvl 120 to beat the final boss. We've seen Ashton around ^^
Rena is my favorite, but I'm not much of a crossplayer.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 02:16:07 pm »
Thats too bad (about not being a cosplayer)...I haven't played any of the others. One of my friends keeps trying to get me to play it but it is too close to the end of the year and I need to focus on my classes.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:33:41 pm »
Star Ocean 2 is my favorite, despite having to be lvl 120 to beat the final boss. We've seen Ashton around ^^
Rena is my favorite, but I'm not much of a crossplayer.

i<3 star ocean 2, i was a master chef on that my peeps had leet skilz
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 06:47:03 pm »
Thats too bad (about not being a cosplayer)...I haven't played any of the others. One of my friends keeps trying to get me to play it but it is too close to the end of the year and I need to focus on my classes.

Though there is much travelling of back and forth, every event that happens is worth watching! Heh, I even have the OST for the game ^^

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 06:57:14 pm »
I luved the star ocean series ^_^.  Star Ocean 2 I played a ton and one of the few RPG that I play on endlessy(before I stopped, I have characters in the early 200s of lvls).  Star Ocean 3 I didn't play quite as much and I agree the plot twist is a "wtf"(and i have to nitpick what one of the new race is called).  

As who I would potenially cosplay, Maria is the one I liked most in the series so I would lean towards crossplaying her, but I like to look at all of my options before finalizing any choices.  However, I won't have the money or time to make it for kumori 08 so anything I do will have to wait for 09 at least.

btw, anyone seen the trailer for Star Ocean 4?  details are still very sparse, but we know its a prequel.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 07:11:09 pm »
Star Ocean 4?! Is it a prequel for 3 or 2? I would love it if it were for 3 I <3 Albel X3

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 07:16:40 pm »
the whole series actually.  its when earth explores outside the solar system I believe.  rumors that one of the characters from star ocean 1 will appear.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 07:20:18 pm »
That would be cool. I really want to play 3 again. I almost beat it but I got to the point where the mosters leveled up and I am too weak to beat them but if I go somewhere where I can beat them I hardly get any experience. I think I am going to restart the game and keep everyone around the same level. (Albel was around 80, Cliff and Fayt 60 something and the rest were 40 and below x.x)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 07:23:08 pm »
how far along are you?  dun forget by chaining fights, you can triple the exp you're getting.  and removing a party member(presuming you dun have a full roster, which case, kill one of them) can get you a bit more exp.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »
I just got back to Elicore and I am about to.......I can't even remember it's shortly after getting back to Elicore. There is one monster that I can kill the rest just waste me. I have slowly been training against that one but it is very boring. As for the chain fights I can't remember how to do it and even if I did remember I don't think it would work very well. Plus I can't remember too much of the story line (it's been over a year since I played) but I am reading through the manga and it follows the story really well.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 08:00:32 pm »
okay I think I know where you're at.  I believe you're heading into a previous dungeon again for a powerful artifact.  As for leveling, the arena is a good place(try "Get'em Twin Beast" or the one of the top 3 if they dun give enough).

A chain is activated when the bonus gauge is filled(by hitting enemies while it has a percentage, stronger enemies have higher percentage).  Afterwards, you get a bonus when its activated, 5, 10, and 15th battle while in chain.  You lose the chain if the character you're controlling is hit by a crit, is killed, or escapes from the battle.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 08:05:29 pm »
Yeah I may try the battle arena. I remember the battle gauge somewhat but whenever I fight a monster it never moves. But back on track so you would be interested in going as Maria to Kumoricon 09, or is it a possibility at this point?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 08:15:17 pm »
could be cause the monsters you're fighting are too weak.  another tip, there is a alchemy item you can make with the right inventor( you can get the right ones by this point in the game) that can make a gem that gives +500 atk that you can syn to your weapons.

Maria is the main character I'm interested in doing out of Star Ocean series.  Only reason I don't make it definite is in case I get influenced to do someone else or I unable to make the cosplay for 09 for some reason.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 08:39:21 pm »
Thats fine I understand. As for the gem that gives you +500 attack, I made it already and there are a bunch of them already equipped, I really need defense but I don't have any money because I can hardly fight any monsters. I want to start the game over though.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 10:40:05 am »
If any is interested in a star ocean 3 group it looks like we may do it at Sakuracon 09. So far we have Albel, Cliff, Fayt, Nel, another Albel or Clair, and possibly a Maria. That still lives us with Roger, Peppita, Mirage, Sophia, and Adray. If you wanted you could also go as Luther, any of the monsters (a proclaimer would be cool to see) or any of the inventors.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:40:24 am by nikkiolie »