Author Topic: Less than three.  (Read 21638 times)

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
Less than three.
« on: June 24, 2008, 12:04:08 pm »
In another thread, relationships took over the topic for a bit, and so I figured that a relationship thread would be worth taklin' about.
This is a place to talk about the good (<3) and the not so good (</3).  Advice, tips, or just stories you'd like to share.  Get sappy, get sad, get angry.  Lord knows we all need to talk about it sometimes right?
No specific topic so next person, take it away.

I felt a picture was in order, and though I'm not really into Naruto, I really like this pic.
Sorry it's kinda big, but you need it to see the detail.  I like the eyes personally.

Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: Less than three.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:08:52 pm »
Okay, this is just kinda sad now.  Am I to assume that I'm the only one who has ever been in a relationship?  Some of you are married with kids!
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:29:51 pm »
I've technically only had one boyfriend ever (I'm 17, haha~), but I've been set up with two people.

The first setup was between my ex and I, in eighth grade.  We went to the 8th Grade Dance, then two months later I broke up with him over the internet because he was too clingy.
...And I can't take or give rejection in person.  We quickly stopped talking and avoided each other.
Yay.

The second setup was between the ex's friend and I, and we became friends for a while, then dropped out of contact.

I know one thing:  That's the last time I ever let my close friends do that to me.
They. Never. Work.
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:56:45 pm »
I am rather sad when it comes to relationships, unfortunately.

But there is someone out there for me...I hope!

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:25:29 pm »
I've technically only had one boyfriend ever (I'm 17, haha~), but I've been set up with two people.

The first setup was between my ex and I, in eighth grade.  We went to the 8th Grade Dance, then two months later I broke up with him over the internet because he was too clingy.
...And I can't take or give rejection in person.  We quickly stopped talking and avoided each other.
Yay.

The second setup was between the ex's friend and I, and we became friends for a while, then dropped out of contact.

I know one thing:  That's the last time I ever let my close friends do that to me.
They. Never. Work.

Aww, sad.  But I still think if you're going to breakup with someone, you owe it to them (unless they've been a jerk) to break up with them in person.  Glad it ended up working out though (you know what I mean). 

I am rather sad when it comes to relationships, unfortunately.

But there is someone out there for me...I hope!

I've heard that saying, or others meaning basically the same thing so much, it's starting to lose it's meaning.  It's weird now, cos I'm not even interested in one-night stands or anything, I'm really wanting to get into a serious, comited relationship.
Figures.  When a guy is ready to commit, there's no one available.

Most of the time I feel just like this. http://bob-rz.deviantart.com/art/water-water-everwhere-28788287
Looking for artists!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 08:36:59 am »
I've given up on these for a while.
I had one and it did bad things to me.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Catmegan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 09:20:29 am »
 I've been going to an art school since I was 11. The thing about art schools are THERE ARE NO GUYS! ((About 1 boy to every 3 or 4 girls)). So now I'm 16 and still never even got a chance to flirt with a guy.

X_x It's ok, I don't really have time for a relationship anyways.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 09:28:21 am »
Well, Kahlan and I have been together for almost 6 years, and we are now engaged. So, yeah, there's some good news to balance out all this bad relationship karma being thrown around, lol. We met in high school, through a friend (who I met on the internet no less). So, we've got the "high school sweetheart" thing going, which is pretty cool.

And, obviously, she is super awesome and I plan to spend the rest of my life with her. So, yay for that!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 09:31:36 am »
I've been going to an art school since I was 11. The thing about art schools are THERE ARE NO GUYS! ((About 1 boy to every 3 or 4 girls)). So now I'm 16 and still never even got a chance to flirt with a guy.

X_x It's ok, I don't really have time for a relationship anyways.
Dang... I should have gone to an art school.   ;D

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Y'know, I'm reminded of a phrase uttered by the comedian, Christian Finnegan, "Relationships are like yard sales: They look really fun from a couple hundered feet away, but eventually you realize, it's just a bunch of crap you don't need.
<applause>
Like, a yard sale...I mean, why should I spend all the money, when some other guy left it out on the street?"

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Okay, but I guess that still doesn't stop me from wanting to be in one...I'm a freakin' hypocrite :-\ !!!
Looking for artists!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 10:47:11 am »
I've had only one relationship. It was short, but pretty awesome. My ex is a pretty chill guy.

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 11:03:59 am »
i've been with eve-fiancee for almost 6 years now, and it's been amazing ^.^ he's super awesome and i love him more than words can say. he makes me so happy and just makes life so much better <3 i can't wait to get married! >.O

i don't get why people always give relationships such a bad rap... maybe because people who talk about relationships never have good ones and those that do have good ones never speak up... hrmmm. once you find the right person, you'll see that relationships are great. sure, there may be some times where things suck, but that happens with pretty much everything in life- there are always ups and downs, that's just how it is. but in a great relationship, the good outweighs the bad. and let me tell you, true love is the greatest feeling on earth, there's no other comparison to it. so i hope all of you find your soul mate and get to experience true love ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline Kuri

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 11:17:41 am »
I've been going to an art school since I was 11. The thing about art schools are THERE ARE NO GUYS!

But the one's that are there, and are straight, are amazing.

I found my ex-guy at art school. Not only is he attractive, creative, and clever, he does an amazing Mustang cosplay. The miniskirt version even.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:34:23 pm by Kuri »
I cannot stand as a an ordinary sinner, but neither can I stand a whited saint. ~Thomas Hardy

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:51:53 am »
 I'm 22 and have only had one technical girlfriend -.-
 The dream i just had last night sums it up, i meet a good looking girl and we hang out around this mall after dark, sneaking around n such, then in the morning we go back to a dorm type place... and she introduces me to her (not very good looking) boyfriend -.-
 I'm not worried I'm pretty picky who i hang out with but people with similar intrest don't come by very often, most new people don't know what anime is, and when they kind of have an idea they think its just cartoons -.-
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

oslapedo

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 05:44:31 pm »
I don't really want a boyfriend, besides I don't think I could handle a serious relationship unless I matured  :D

Honestly though, I don't really see the fuss over dating. The only difference between a couple and two friends is that the couple might engage in public make-outs. Ickky poo poo  :'( *still believes in pinky promises and continues to fear cooties*

Offline Catmegan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 05:51:08 pm »
I've been going to an art school since I was 11. The thing about art schools are THERE ARE NO GUYS!

But the one's that are there, and are straight, are amazing.

I found my guy at art school. Not only is he attractive, creative, and clever, he does an amazing Mustang cosplay. The miniskirt version even.  ;D

Lol, lucky you. :o I'm sure I'll find ze perfect man soon enough. HOPEFULLY he'll be something like your guy.

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 06:11:05 pm »
I don't really want a boyfriend, besides I don't think I could handle a serious relationship unless I matured  :D

Honestly though, I don't really see the fuss over dating. The only difference between a couple and two friends is that the couple might engage in public make-outs. Ickky poo poo  :'( *still believes in pinky promises and continues to fear cooties*

Ah, but there-in lies the problem.  You can't really mature (with respect to relationships, romantic or platonic) until you've had a few.  I'm not saying to go out looking for one, but don't avoid them.  Cut your teeth on the first few, and you'll be better for it.  I know I am.
Looking for artists!

oslapedo

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 06:22:16 pm »
Ah, but there-in lies the problem.  You can't really mature (with respect to relationships, romantic or platonic) until you've had a few.  I'm not saying to go out looking for one, but don't avoid them.  Cut your teeth on the first few, and you'll be better for it.  I know I am.
I'm so bad at confronting that stuff! I don't even really like hugs. I find high fives to be much more delightful :) I only even glomped (willingly...) on the last day of school, since it was a special, and saddening day. Now that I think about it, I doubt I'll be that safe at Kcon...  :D

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 06:24:23 pm »
Aww, sad.  But I still think if you're going to breakup with someone, you owe it to them (unless they've been a jerk) to break up with them in person.  Glad it ended up working out though (you know what I mean).
...He got all paranoid because I didn't want to sit in the same chair as him.  There were two other boys around at the time this happened and I was nowhere near either of them.  xD

Yeah, I get what you mean there.

& Don't think I've given up hope, 'cause I haven't, but boyfriends just aren't my priority right now.  It's more a "pass high school and cosplay before love!" thing.  xD
It would be nice, though.  *shrug*  Guess I can't make up my mind.
(Or...maybe a better way of putting it would be "having someone would be nice, but if it doesn't happen right now, that's okay.")
</ramble>

KumoriCon 2014

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 06:24:59 pm »
Whenever I meet a girl I'm interested in, it's usually because they like music and video games.  I usually then find out that, while they have a fantastic personality, they always either don't like video games or don't like music.  That's not including the 2 (1 if you don't include internet relationships) girls that I did date.  Losing interest in a girl simply because she doesn't like video games probably seems kind of shallow, but when you consider that my primary occupations come down to Piano, Building ASC's (video game controllers), building arcade cabinets, repairing/modding PSP's and PS2's, and running DDR tournaments, it makes a lot of sense.

Regarding art schools, I'm straight, a guy, and given the choice, I would have gone to an art school.  At 17, I'm now on my way to a degree somewhere in the field of Architecture and Engineering (which I'll be using to get a job with Logitech or Sony USA or continuing my own small business), so it's a little late to go to an art school, even though I enjoy ceramics, music, drawing, creative writing, and painting, and I'm proficient at all of those.  I could go to AIP, but I think I can be more successful transferring to PSU, O of U, Reed, or Cornell. (the four colleges I'm considering after getting my AAOT)  LOLtangent.

btw, if any crazy gamer girls are reading this, feel free to PM me and we can hang out at GK (or just read my posts in the Plan Your Own Adventure forum and you'll know when I'm going to GK).  Guys too; I'm happy to hang out with anyone who shares my interest in video games, whether through a relationship or just a casual friendship.  I love social gaming. (AKA Arcade Gaming)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 07:04:51 pm »
...He got all paranoid because I didn't want to sit in the same chair as him.  There were two other boys around at the time this happened and I was nowhere near either of them.  xD

Yeah, I get what you mean there.

& Don't think I've given up hope, 'cause I haven't, but boyfriends just aren't my priority right now.  It's more a "pass high school and cosplay before love!" thing.  xD
It would be nice, though.  *shrug*  Guess I can't make up my mind.
(Or...maybe a better way of putting it would be "having someone would be nice, but if it doesn't happen right now, that's okay.")
</ramble>

Eh, it very well could have been that he could have been cheated on (or a close friend/relative could have been cheated on).  I know that's how I was after my first gf did that.  It's still really hard to repress those clingy urges, and it's been over 6 years!

Heh, I know what you mean.  For me, it's been a while since I've had a good relationship...that and there have been like, way too many couples bein' all couple-y around me lately.

Whenever I meet a girl I'm interested in, it's usually because they like music and video games.  I usually then find out that, while they have a fantastic personality, they always either don't like video games or don't like music.  That's not including the 2 (1 if you don't include internet relationships) girls that I did date.  Losing interest in a girl simply because she doesn't like video games probably seems kind of shallow, but when you consider that my primary occupations come down to Piano, Building ASC's (video game controllers), building arcade cabinets, repairing/modding PSP's and PS2's, and running DDR tournaments, it makes a lot of sense.

Regarding art schools, I'm straight, a guy, and given the choice, I would have gone to an art school.  At 17, I'm now on my way to a degree somewhere in the field of Architecture and Engineering (which I'll be using to get a job with Logitech or Sony USA or continuing my own small business), so it's a little late to go to an art school, even though I enjoy ceramics, music, drawing, creative writing, and painting, and I'm proficient at all of those.  I could go to AIP, but I think I can be more successful transferring to PSU, O of U, Reed, or Cornell. (the four colleges I'm considering after getting my AAOT)  LOLtangent.

btw, if any crazy gamer girls are reading this, feel free to PM me and we can hang out at GK (or just read my posts in the Plan Your Own Adventure forum and you'll know when I'm going to GK).  Guys too; I'm happy to hang out with anyone who shares my interest in video games, whether through a relationship or just a casual friendship.  I love social gaming. (AKA Arcade Gaming)

Wow, I wish I could meet a girl who's into stuff like that.  But it seems like those girls are never around.  Honestly, I'm not very picky...okay, that just made me sound desperate...what I meant to say is that I'm not super selective (that sounds better right?) as far as looks and stuff, but I'd really prefer a girl who has at least SIMILAR interests to my own.  I know what you're saying my friend.

Hmm, maybe we should start our own personal adds here!  (message to mods: kidding, kidding)
Looking for artists!

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 07:17:53 pm »
Eh, it very well could have been that he could have been cheated on (or a close friend/relative could have been cheated on).  I know that's how I was after my first gf did that.  It's still really hard to repress those clingy urges, and it's been over 6 years!

Heh, I know what you mean.  For me, it's been a while since I've had a good relationship...that and there have been like, way too many couples bein' all couple-y around me lately.
I don't know about that, my friends that set me up with him never said anything about him having past girlfriends.  (We were about 12/13 at the time, I don't know what "normal" is with stuff like this)
All I know is that he hasn't had luck with girls since, and now proclaims that he's gay.  I doubt it's true, but it would be kind of funny in a twisted kind of way if I helped "turn someone gay".  :B
(And I type this with my GSA shirt on.  Good going, Koto!  8D)

Yeah, really.  A lot of the friends I frequently hang out with have boyfriends/girlfriends, and things get really awkward when they do that.
Something I find equally awkward, though, are people who think their sole purpose in life is to fall in love and tell you every time you see them.  Trust me, it gets ridiculously annoying.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 07:22:15 pm »
Well, you could try my tactic of hanging out at the arcade waiting for girls to show up and admire me. ^^

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 07:47:52 pm »

I don't know about that, my friends that set me up with him never said anything about him having past girlfriends.  (We were about 12/13 at the time, I don't know what "normal" is with stuff like this)
All I know is that he hasn't had luck with girls since, and now proclaims that he's gay.  I doubt it's true, but it would be kind of funny in a twisted kind of way if I helped "turn someone gay".  :B
(And I type this with my GSA shirt on.  Good going, Koto!  8D)

Yeah, really.  A lot of the friends I frequently hang out with have boyfriends/girlfriends, and things get really awkward when they do that.
Something I find equally awkward, though, are people who think their sole purpose in life is to fall in love and tell you every time you see them.  Trust me, it gets ridiculously annoying.

Ah, well considering you two were that young, I'm gonna go ahead and scrub my previous statement.  I just tend to take the guy's side (without being sexist), mostly because I've been hurt before.  But that's just me.

Wow.  Most girls would be really upset if they think they had a hand in turning a guy gay.  No really, a former friend of mine was the last girlfriend of this one guy, and I thought it was funny.  She did not think so.  Almost made her cry.

Eh, it doesn't bother me as much, unless they're really idealistic about it.  "And we're gonna have a wedding on the beach, and we'll have 3 children, all girls, named Jenny, Janice, and Joanne, all J's and..." you get the idea.

Well, you could try my tactic of hanging out at the arcade waiting for girls to show up and admire me. ^^

*sigh* would that it were that easy.  I'm open to any other advice though.
Looking for artists!

oslapedo

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 07:54:08 pm »
XD I bet they flock and swarm, just so that they can ogle you in your robust manliness  :D

*sigh* would that it were that easy.  I'm open to any other advice though.
Confidence helps, I suppose, for people who are into all that mushy jizz  ;) To be serious though, I would probably go for a guy who was carefree and easy going. If I was into lovely strife, that is ;)

Edit: I just noticed Kotumi's delightfully enlightening words! Fight the powers of love my sistah!  :D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 07:58:03 pm by oslapedo »

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 09:11:20 pm »
Ah, well considering you two were that young, I'm gonna go ahead and scrub my previous statement.  I just tend to take the guy's side (without being sexist), mostly because I've been hurt before.  But that's just me.

Wow.  Most girls would be really upset if they think they had a hand in turning a guy gay.  No really, a former friend of mine was the last girlfriend of this one guy, and I thought it was funny.  She did not think so.  Almost made her cry.

Eh, it doesn't bother me as much, unless they're really idealistic about it.  "And we're gonna have a wedding on the beach, and we'll have 3 children, all girls, named Jenny, Janice, and Joanne, all J's and..." you get the idea.
It's all right, I do the same thing (But on the girl's side, of course.)~

I have been told I have a weird sense of humor before...either that or I'm more okay with it than most people.  I mean, as long as they find someone that they truly love, then what does it really matter?  Then again, I'm one of those people who think everyone should be open-minded and those who aren't are just being stubborn.  Hehe.  Aaaand before I go off into a tangent about it...

As for the last part...say hello to my friend.  8D  That's just like her, but it's more of a "I'm going to go to Japan and meet this actor and we'll know we're meant for each other, then live happily ever after in my traditional Japanese house in Hokkaido~ <333"
She knows it's a "one in a million" type thing, but that's not stopping her.  Kind of stalkerish, if you ask me.

@ oslapedo - *bows*  Fight on~!

KumoriCon 2014

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »
 Meeting people is, imo, all about chance. Making that chance grow is the objective, find things your interested in and get into communitys (ie you like anime, then cosplay conventions! you like art? get on deviant art and get into a local group). The girls are out there but they arn't going to approach you, especialy on the internet. They don't know what you look like, what you want(a relationship needs to be mutual even if its just physical), or what your like.
 There is no total guide on women. You group 20 single random girls and if they tell the rock bottom truth, they are going to give a slew of what they want in a relationship, if the focus is physical or friendship, if they are looking for people what they're into or not, its 100% random due to personality and their history.
 So basicaly all i can say is up your chance and get out there, and do what you like

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 11:40:38 pm »
I've dated, only had one serious relationship.
Honestly, I get tired of being hit on all the time. I'm into gaming, Anime, Manga, and I'm 'good-looking'.
I'm not one for denying what's true, or saying what isn't true.
But relationships are a basis for disaster. They knock you into a fantasy world that you think is amazing, when in reality everyone else looking at you thinks you're an idiot.
You don't realize what you do to your friends, or your family, especially if you're really tied up in the person you're dating.
Constantly worrying about them, fearing ridiculous things; all in all, you aren't truly happy.
Pretty much, don't bother if you're young, if you have the mental capacity to keep up with your friends, and keep out of the fantasy world and ontop of reality with relationships, then go for it.
Otherwise, you dig yourself this giant hole, and then when you're flat out dumped, it sucks, and you've got this huge hole to climb out of.

In conclusion boys and girls; relationships are not worth it. There are VERY few that turn out for the better, especially when you're young.

(The funny thing is, almost NONE of you will listen to my advice.)
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 12:00:07 am »

Wow, I wish I could meet a girl who's into stuff like that.  But it seems like those girls are never around.  Honestly, I'm not very picky...okay, that just made me sound desperate...what I meant to say is that I'm not super selective (that sounds better right?) as far as looks and stuff, but I'd really prefer a girl who has at least SIMILAR interests to my own.  I know what you're saying my friend.

Hmm, maybe we should start our own personal adds here!  (message to mods: kidding, kidding)

It's hard to find girls like that...the girl to guy ratio is like...I dunno...20:1? Out of all my friends that are girls, none of the are serious gamers, and for the few that actually play video games, it's more of a casual, once in a blue moon type of thing. It's weird cos I've played a lot more video games this year than any previous year combined. It's probably cos I've picked up quite a few gamer guy friends. It's like, whenever I'm over at my friend's house playing video games, I'm the only girl >___>

I'm thinking about going to PDX LAN soon...I gotta prepare myself for all the creepy guys (not saying that everyone that goes is creepy, it's just the majority of them are lol). Good thing my gamer guy friends go like every year haha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 12:04:24 am »
 Heh sayda, I totaly agree, yet i think this is what having a relationship is all about.
 If i go though my daily conversation log in my head at least half of the people that talk to, or around me have to do with stupid drama! Oh this person sucks at work, oh the world is messed up, gas is so high blah blah blah.
 Relationships give false hope, friendship, but also a safe(r) sex situation. A lot of drama comes out of it, but there are some good points as well. I guess people shouldn't take it so seriously, but then again people eat drama up.... dilemma eh?

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 12:12:03 am »
I only dated once before I was considered an adult. Sure I'd get asked out and I had crushes but I always had some sort of fear about relationships. When it came time that I started becoming desperate for hopeless romance I landed myself in two very wrong blind dates: One was extremely attractive but too promiscuous and the second well... not a match AT. ALL.
Come to find out, I was so fed up with men that I said to hell with them and went on vacation with two friends after I graduated. When I came back, I got a message through e-mail from a boy that I rarely talked to but had been introduced to several times (my sister even tried to get us together, teasing me and saying, "he's perfect for you! You can both be nerdy sweethearts together! lol lol" but I'd never listen because I never really knew much about him. Now it's been a year into our relationship and I can't imagine WHY we never hung out in high school. He's cute, I've always found him attractive, and we can both be complete nerds together. Go figure, when you stop looking for it, it knocks you head over heels.
Don't be desperate to find it, because that definitely leaves you open for hurt. At the same time, stay optimistic, because you never know when the right person might come along. Heck, you could be like me and never know that they were right in front of you.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:02:32 am by makichan »
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 07:20:35 pm »
Lets see how do I start? Well, I will give some back round info before I give my thoughts on relationships. I got married at 18 years old, had my first child at 19 and am now turning 28 on July 5th. I now have 3 children and my wife and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary in Oct. Having said that here is my first point for all you young ones out there do NOT do what I did and get married or too serious while you are still young. Marriage, kids and relationships are very hard but are even harder when you are young. As you can see everything worked out for me, but me and my wife were very lucky that we were soul mates. I commend kalahan and eve for dating for so long and not getting married 5 months after they graduated high school like I did. Don't get me wrong I would not change what I did even if I could because I love my family but I would advise against it. Having been married for almost 10 years me and my wife have had our share of tough times, hell I can remember one year of our marriage where we fought constantly for the whole year(Im not kidding that year sucked hard). When you truly love someone and they love you back you can get through anything together and that kind of love is like no other relationship you can find on this planet. I am sorry Sayda but I have to disagree with you on the point that relationships are not worth it because they are if you work on them. Thats right I said work. After the inital puppy love or what I call the hazy love cloud phase is over it is Love and Work that keeps couples together. Even thought me and my wife are soul mates and meant to be together it took alot of hard work to keep our marriage going for 9+ years and will take more hard work to keep it going. But for her I am willing to put in the time and effort. Most relationships fail because one side or the other is not committed to do what it takes to keep the relationship going. I do agree with Sayda on not getting serious when you are young, even if you think you found your soul mate, take it slow. Love is worth finding and worth holding on to.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 08:18:01 pm »
I noted that most don't work out. Yours would be one of the few that did. But most people spend their entire lives trying to find love, and continue to hurt themselves in the process.
There's a lot more to life then finding someone to be with.
If you happen to find that someone, then great, if not, so what?
I would rather live a life full of adventure, then spend my time worrying about who's going to love me, and who I'm going to love.
That what friends, and family are for.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 08:33:58 pm »
I will agree with that, when I met my wife I had actually decided to stop dating for a year cause I was tired of all the games and crap. So I found love when I wasn't looking for it. I dont know why but that seems to be how it happens.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 09:37:06 pm »
 I'm 24. I've never been in a serious relationship and I have no complaints at all. Guess I'm just the type who doesn't need that sort of thing
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:37:25 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 09:38:42 pm »
I'm 24. I've never been in a serious relationship and I have no complaints at all. Guess I'm just the type who doesn't need that sort of thing

My props to you
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 11:46:04 pm »

My props to you
Yeah.
I wish I could just forget about relationships that easily.
Looking for artists!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 12:19:06 am »
I just start playin' games and all the girls leave (oh woe is me) along with any thoughts of 'em.  That's one of the reason's I've started playing more and more video games; if I'm always thinking about games I'm never worrying about relationships. :D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 08:48:59 pm »
Relationships suck I don't trust them. I don't really care about seeking love, it will find me when it wants to and until then it means very little to me. I've been hurt so many times already that I've finally just had it with guys and dating WHO THE HELL CARES!!! Guys just tell me they love me and don't really mean it. I'm not really that pretty, or mabey I am because pedophiles seem to hit on me a lot =_= I fell in love ONCE and I sure as hell wont trust myself with that again. Marriage is a no I dont want to be trapped in something like that I want to be free. Bottom line is relationships suck unless your one of those lucky people it will always go down and somehow we still get dragged into them... So I really think that its a dead end game and nothing more right now because It doesn't matter how you play it you will always lose.

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 09:03:17 pm »
Wow.  Cynical aren't we?  But that's okay.  I've been hurt a lot too.  Trust me, men aren't the only bad ones in relationships.
I think you're decent looking, but I know exactly what you mean.  Girls have messed me up so much that I really feel ugly.  I don't know what I can do, or how I can change that fact...it's kinda weird.

But somehow I still wanna try, I don't know why.  Maybe I'm just hoping I'll find the right girl one day...I'm just tired of the waiting game.
Looking for artists!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 09:11:50 pm »
Yeah, well part of me does too but I shut that part away around december when someone I thought I know and like tried to freaking strangle me during the school basket ball game. and I was still being tourtured by "friends" that set me up with someone to get them away from someone else and when I broke up with him for trying to move way too fast and not slowing dow when I warned him (I believe in fair warnings) they were not happy and no longer my friends...

I've also seen how my friends change when they date.. I put my friends first but thats not always the case with people.

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 09:22:18 pm »
Wow.  That guy is too much.  Hope he get's what's comin' to him.

Friends can really be a problem factor in relationships, I tells ya.
Heh, even though I'm a guy, I'm much more interested in a (as a friend recently coined a term) "cuddly" relationship.  I'm not really wanting f^*&-buddy as much right now.

Pff... everyone changes in relationships.
Looking for artists!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 09:29:09 pm »
well it wasn't that kind of fast. Truthfully I've never had a first kiss but he found it necessary to pull me aside and tell me he loved me... He hadn't even taken me on a real date so i got annoyed it was more his fantasy than mine.  But with all that talk of std's I don't think I'll be going down that path for a LONG LONG LOOOOOONNGGG time.

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 09:37:11 pm »
*sigh*  Tisk tisk tisk.  Trust me, use of the L-word is NOT to be taken so lightly.  It's gotten me into big trouble too.  It's too dangerous.
Still...haven't ever been kissed?  That's kinda interesting.

Yeah yeah, that's definitely a reason to avoid the activity.
Looking for artists!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 09:40:38 pm »
Nope never and I'm the only one in my group of friends who hasn't.. And with all the trouble I've gone through I realize that I don't want a boyfriend.. Just a first kiss and thats not possible unless I surprise one of my guy friends and then say "thanks, now I know" lol

and there is a BIG difference between liking someones looks and truly likening who they are.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 09:46:36 pm »
I think you're decent looking

Ouch.
Black~Rose, in my opinion, I think you're beautiful.
Relationships are something you should avoid while you're young, and focus more on who you are, and what you want to do with your life.
Because once you find out who you are, things are a lot easier, and you know what to look for in someone; don't fall for same lame-o who's just in it for the sex, and who's going to treat you poorly.
Once you find out what it is that you want and who you are as a person, you know what kind of people to avoid.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 09:51:26 pm »

Ouch.
Relationships are something you should avoid while you're young, and focus more on who you are, and what you want to do with your life.
Because once you find out who you are, things are a lot easier, and you know what to look for in someone; don't fall for same lame-o who's just in it for the sex, and who's going to treat you poorly.
Once you find out what it is that you want and who you are as a person, you know what kind of people to avoid.

Thanks ^///^ But yeah I agree one hundred percent.  Its annoying to be used and what not so I really don't care anymore.. I have friends that love me and accept me. I don't need some guy telling me sugar coated lies to coax me into something I'll regret. I know all too much about lies and two faced idiots. My family is a great example....  and the list goes on.  Currently I'm trying to convince my friend that she does not have a void and does not need to fill it.

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 09:53:39 pm »

Ouch.

Oh come on.  What do you want from me?  It's nearly impossible for me to say anything like that without sounding like a creepy stalker guy pedophile.  Really, it's hard to come off positively in my case...guess I'm too old.
Looking for artists!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 09:59:39 pm »

Ouch.

Oh come on.  What do you want from me?  It's nearly impossible for me to say anything like that without sounding like a creepy stalker guy pedophile.  Really, it's hard to come off positively in my case...guess I'm too old.

at least your concerned about not sounding this way.

my pedophile experiences
* construction worker whistled at me..
*weired dude sat next to me on a bench and asked me creepy questions
*OLD OLD man asked me for a cigarette and then said "hey your pretty cute"

lol I like traveling in groups of friends because of people like the ones on that list.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 10:00:27 pm »
Friends and family love you unconditionally, I'm still not sure why people find the need to find someone who loves them on conditions. ~ ~
But most people don't understand that concept, and there aren't very many people in the world who are truly genuine, especially when it comes to things like relationships.
Some learn faster then others, though. Sticking with friends and family for now is a good choice.

Ouch.

Oh come on.  What do you want from me?  It's nearly impossible for me to say anything like that without sounding like a creepy stalker guy pedophile.  Really, it's hard to come off positively in my case...guess I'm too old.

Nah dude it's cool, we all kinda mess up without meaning to sometimes.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 10:04:33 pm »
yup, its nice to find someone that agrees with me. a lot of my friends think I'm crazy for it, or call me a prude (these are not my best friends that call me a prude or crazy, but yeah even they don't get it. Well mabey one friend gets it but he has a different crush every day and its kinda funny actually)