Author Topic: K-con Countdown! alieviate the anticipation with talk of K-con plans & memories!  (Read 219748 times)

Offline dakiro

• Sailor Scout
DX n00bs are only any fun on Runescape and World of Warcraft.

I've just learned that a heat gun can do more than the purposes described on the box! It can be used as an iron and a slow-cooking device as well!

haha, Heat guns are killer. I found one at my old job once...slow day + heat gun = lots of melted objects, lol
where did you work... i would love to work there  =D... XD
formally dakrum
THE anime list

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I refuse to play things like WoW, because I pre-emptively know that what little semblance of a life I've retained through the years will be snatched away from me, should I invest my time into such a thing  :D
I feel the same way

oslapedo

Let's fight the evils of MMO's together Nikkiolie! Together we will abstain from losing all of our lives by doing... absolutely nothing!  ;)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
You guys are all nuts. *Burp* My breath tastes like bacon.

oslapedo

Your just jealous that we haven't been sucked in yet ;)

Also, bacon? I'm happiest when I burp after fruit consumption  ;D

• Bunnygirl
I was only ever sucked into an MMO once, a long time ago. It was an ancient thing with terrible graphics by the name of Runescape. My little brother is the WoW tard.

And I technically had bacon for breakfast. Now I've had sushi so my breath tastes like caviar and soy sauce.

oslapedo

*cyber smells* Yum yum?  ;) Asian food makes me throw up. It doesn't matter what it is, but I ALWAYS puke when I ingest Asian delicacies, and I usually don't throw up that much.

So you managed to escape the MMO horrors?! I'm so... proud of you! And I feel honored to have ever met you!  :'( <- Joyful cyber tears!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I feel sorry for you. Asian food is my favorite. I love sushi, I don't think I could ever give it up

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
i've weened myself off of addicting games. i play hellgate ever so often but i spend most of my time learning more japanese, looking up cos stuff/forums, biking, or working. plus i also have other things lined up, pick back up my guitar, set myself up to go to school and get a 3d studio max subscription, drawing practice, upgrade my compy... ahhh theres so much to do now that i have broken free of wow heh

I can understand dislike of delicacies in general some of the stuff is weird.... although i have had good calamari in cozumel
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

oslapedo

It's not that I dislike asian cuisine, rather I'm forced to stray from it since I don't really enjoy vomiting  :D I actually think asian food is really good as I'm eatin it, but not so much the other way around.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
It's not that I dislike asian cuisine, rather I'm forced to stray from it since I don't really enjoy vomiting  :D I actually think asian food is really good as I'm eatin it, but not so much the other way around.

That's pretty tragic. Like many here, I don't think I could go without my sushi or other Asian dishes. T_T I shed a tear for you, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
51 days till Kumoricon!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
51 Days! I need lumber! I now must go cut down a tree! *runs off with axe*

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
o.o time is going so slowly. I need for it to go faster. >_<

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
*waits for badge and wig as patiently as possible*
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

• Bunnygirl
This weekend I'm gonna sit my dad down and say he's not leaving the room until he pre-registers us. : D Probably not really, but yeah.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
My work still hasn't found someone to cover for me on Saturday! :-\ I sure hope they get it figured out. this is the only vacation time I've asked for all year. >:(
Secrety secrets!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I was talking to my parents as we were going to uwajimaya about how they have a festival and there you can register for kumoricon and as we pull into the parking lot there is a big festival and I registered that day. I just recently gotten my bag.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
I have even bought my badge yet haha... I should probably get on that. I'm glad I have a room atleast though. :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
The faster you register the faster you will get the badge (obviously) but if you wait too long you can run the risk of running into a problem and not having enough time to get it fixed before the con and you may have to wait in line x.x

That is what I was worried about (I tend to worry naturally) but now the only thing I have to worry about is losing my badge.....but if I don't lose my drivers license then I wont lose my badge ^_^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Lol yeah... Last year I ordered mine like the third day you could get them... and now I've just been putting it off more and more... ohwell. :D It'll all be alright haha

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Also the price goes up but $35 for three days is a great deal no matter what. Its much better than $65 for Sakuracon x.x

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
I don't think I'll ever go to Sakuracon... I've heard so many horror stories and like... the price is just way too much for an anime con for a casual fan like myself lol

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Well you can get it for $35 if you register early, like at kcon. I really liked it. There was so much to look at and it was a lot of fun. Plus I went with a big group so the hotel was about $90 for 3 nights. My parents paid for the room and I paid for the rest.

It's a great con if you like large crowds. Kcon is so much more personal. But you cant beat 4 floors of con action XD. It was so big and there were so many people. I loved it. I just wanted to sit down and watch people walk by and look at the costume. 

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
yeah i liked it even though i didnt meet people very much, at the very least it was a nice vacation.... even though i didnt get a hotel with a pool... next time... next time

方囲!定礎!結!

• Bunnygirl
50 days till Kumoricon!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
A hotel with a pool? We were never at the hotel long enough to go in the pool. And if I were going to go into anything it would be the hot tub to soak my aching feet XD. I loved it but I'm not sure which one I like more....

YAY 50 DAYS!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
YAY! K-Con is officially next month! [ZOMFG! I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO] 

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Omg....I'm so nervous!
I'm trying to plan everything but nothings official so I donno what to do!
OMG IT'S SO CLOSE!!!1!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [/freaks out]
Anyway....I got mine the last day for the $25 pre registration around Christmas i think.
I got mine super early. I got it during Tier 1 which was awesome since Tier 2 and 3 were a bit late because no one could get enough envelope stuffers.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Wow. Tier 1. o-o What's your badge number? o-0

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Wow. Tier 1. o-o What's your badge number? o-0

I was Tier 1 also, but it was pretty significantly delayed. I remember being the second person to register for 2008, but the badge number didn't reflect it at all, because of computing differences and what-not. So, yeah, numbers don't always reflect much, realistically.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
If you want to get badge number 1 they gave it out in an auction last year. (It was a VIP badge too)

• Bunnygirl
What number is the Capture the Bucket winner's badge?

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
I donno, i actually thought it was given out at random.
I think my badge number is 0260 -checks-\
Yep 0260, i flubbed and put my name on there twice T_T
I wish I had seen it on the sheet...

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Oh man I loved capture the bucket!!! So fun to have the bucket while stuck in a line! ;D :D Hmmm am reminded to go send in for badge. Tried during the first tier but apparently something went wrong... :-\
Secrety secrets!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
I wasn't able to get a room in time but I'm not too worried about it. Since 1) I am near poor thanks to cosplay and 2) I live in Portland already... and not too far from the hotel.
Of course this means my friends are all crashing here too.  ::)
and quite a three day party it will be in studio 10M xD
luckily I already ordered my badge though.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
I heard that they couldn't print the badges momentarily during Tier 1.
There was a delay for all of them actually, but I'm glad I got my badge anyway.
I hear Tier 3 is just receiving theirs o.o

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
I don't need a room but I'll be stashing my cosplays in Totemo_Oishii + Laurifer's hotel room hopefully if they let me for quick changes.
I'm getting a ride from my friend everyday back and forth because his parents are diving him anyway and he lives close to me
So it all works out!!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
I'm back and I earend $125 ^_^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
congratulation. I need to get money or my parents will give me the money  ;D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
My parents don't really hand over money much

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I have been doing a lot of work around the house. I have to power wash both our decks and paint them too so I think they will hand over some money. I have already power washed the driveway.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
thats the only reason I like having a job... cash. haha.

but i hate the schedule because its like... ugh, they don't let you even negotiate days off its so dumb.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
If anyone wants a temp job and knows how to host my work is hiring think like $12/hr not bad for standing around for 6 hours

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
49 days till Kumoricon

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
If anyone wants a temp job and knows how to host my work is hiring think like $12/hr not bad for standing around for 6 hours
What kind of job is it? I'm still looking and if its something I can do then the pay will be great XD

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Hmmm Kuuuummmmoooo..... I can't wait! Although I gotta wait for a shirt, a wig, and a haircutting and dying outing before hand! ;D
Secrety secrets!

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
What kind of job is it? I'm still looking and if its something I can do then the pay will be great XD

Hostessing at a restaurant so... if you can answer the phone, and tell people 'sit here' then you should be gtg heh pm me if your interested

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Hmm..I wonder if I can get my mom to let me temporarily dye my hair. XD ITACHI NEEDS BLACK HAIR.