Author Topic: K-con Countdown! alieviate the anticipation with talk of K-con plans & memories!  (Read 219931 times)

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
Portland = Village hidden in the mist???? O_O or leaves.....hmmmmm -ponders-

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
But who knows....I really like the name of it. Its very original. I think all anime conventions should have a Japanese name like Sakura con and Kumori con.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
^ That description makes me think of Princess Mononoke, for some reason. If only Portland was the city of gods and demons and yokai.....that'd be awesome, lol.

And I totally agree with you, Nikkiolie, I wasn't meaning to say that I didn't like the name, I love the name Kumoricon. It is totally fitting. I like that type of name more than Anime Expo or something like that, lol. It has character.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
Yea, anime north just isnt clever...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I wasn't trying to say that you didn't like it sorry that you took it that way. I just really like it. When I first saw it I knew that the word mean but just like with your wakarimasta I didn't really read it.....so I was like wtf is that? The th ooooooooh set in.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
haha yeah. It's a clever name, clever and fun. Like another con up in Washington called ChibiChibiCon. It is a fun name because the con itself is very small, lol. So it fits, but is very memorable and fun. Names like that are the good ones.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
o.o I want to go to chibichibi con when and where is it?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Ummm, It's usually the 1st and 2nd of March ever year up in Olympia on the Evergeen State College Campus. Kumoricon has had a table up there for the past couple years (and likewise they have had a table at Kumoricon). So I've had the opportunity to go up and help out before, last year. It's a very fun, very quaint little con. Good stuff, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
lol that is the cutest con name...EVER!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I will try to go to that. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
what if chibichibicon grows exponentially like K-con did though, the name wouldn't be fitting.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
True, but apparently they actually work really hard at not letting it grow. I mean, don't take that in meaning they aren't welcoming, but there are certain things they do (or don't do) to try and keep it small. I don't know what those things are, but yeah, I guess it will probably stay small.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Yay for controlled growth.

Portland would traditionally be "The city hidden in the ROSES".
It's much harder to be the city hidden in the "bridges" or the "stumps".

Convention nostalgia challenge! Find a picture of yourself from your first geeky convention (or at least your first kumoricon if you're easily embarrassed)!

Yes, that is where I got the image for my avatar. Kumoricon 2003.
I'll post a pic from the 1999 Star Wars Celebration if i can find it....

Here we go! Me flirting with the gals in line in front of me.
http://www.geocities.com/tee-moss/StarWars/SWnPPG.jpg
I'm such a playa! In my fly hat (that I lost shortly after. :( ) I woo the girls who like the same cartoons as myself.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:29:56 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Bob

• Chibi
friggin awesome, lemme see if I can find one, I lost most the pictures from my first con.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Chocolate cupcakes with frosting?  :D

Nope. Vanilla cupcakes with whipped lemon curd/custard filling and cream cheese frosting! Yum!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
my mom made cupcakes today but they weren't the pineapple ones v.v

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
my mom made cupcakes today but they weren't the pineapple ones v.v

*patpat*

If I could, I'd give you one of mine lol.

Speaking of which...I know lots of people have really bad eating habits when it comes to cons. How do you guys deal with it? (not that it's a problem for me, I'm just curious)

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
ummmm I don't eat. It's not like I don't want to, time just flies by and I realize that I haven't eaten anything all day.

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
Chocolate cupcakes with frosting?  :D

Nope. Vanilla cupcakes with whipped lemon curd/custard filling and cream cheese frosting! Yum!
Equally as tasty! *drools*

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
I don't know how you can not eat lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I'm the same way, I just don't have time for appetite. I am always too preoccupied with doing things to actually organize meals. I usually just end up making sandwiches out of supplies we bring and eating cereal. If I ate that way a lot during the con, it'd probably prove pretty bad for me, but since I don't have much of an appetite, it is just adequate, I think.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I'm sure I wont eat anything till I get home and before I leave. I'll try to remember to pack a few snack things.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I don't go to Kumoricon for food, lol. I don't need food! The pulse of the con, the lifeblood, that is my sustenance. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
I remember last year my stomach shrunk from con so much I ate 2 granola bars and was full

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I lost like 5 or 6 pounds that weekend last year. I think we got food once. I had a subway and the rest of the time I drank water.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
At the last K-con I ate nothing o.o and at sakura-con I had a couple cheetos :D

Offline Bob

• Chibi
yeah I remember everything I ate: a burrito the first day. and then I drank water the whole time. didn't feel hungry so I didn't eat.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
lol, Yea my frieds were complaining about being hungry so I stayed and my lunch was glomps from the glomp circle :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
plus the food around that area is going to be so packed. We would have con traffic (and if you went to Lloyd) normal traffic, which is A LOT to begin with.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
lol, yeah, every spot is going to be pretty consistently packed. For those who need some sort of food, I'd recommend bringing some non-perishable supplies (or perishable if you have a fridge). My group tends to bring sandwich makings, crackers/chips, granola bars, cereal and hummus (cause hummus is goooood, hehe).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
we usually bring a cooler with like cream cheese and bagels and lots of candy(I don't even like candy) and sandwich stuff, and sodas. we keep it in the room thats what we eat for three days. well what they eat, I don't remember to.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
My house isnt too far from the con so I bring some chips or something and then im good for the day, cuz im staying at my house instead of the hotel :3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yeah I eat at home and bring snacks to the con.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
I live in salem, eating at home and then going to con would e hard.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yeah I live in Tigard so it's only a 15 minute drive (tops)

Offline Bob

• Chibi
nice

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I live in Tualatin, right on the brink between King City, Tigard, and Sherwood. It is only a short car ride to the hotel, but even though I live close I'd prefer to be at the hotel, have food there with me.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yeah it would be nice to be in a hotel but I would rather use my money somewhere else or some other time (like sakuracon where I would NEED a hotel)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Ah, that's a good point. I still don't know if I will ever actually go to SakuraCon, so I don't mind putting a lot of money into my Kumoricon experience.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I am going to try very very hard to go to Sakuracon this year (even though its in the middle of the term v.v) We normally have a large group going so I need to see if they are going otherwise I would have to find people to room with.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
Eve and Nikki live so close to me lol ^^ Im like 15-20 minutes to the con depending on traffic

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Cool, people who actually live close to me, lol. I need to have more hangouts at other parts of the year with you gals. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yeah i am so up for that......I need more friends. I have one that lives close to me so whenever she can't hang out I am all alone v.v

Offline Bob

• Chibi
im sorry loneliness is no fun

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
your up again......

yeah your right it sucks.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Yeah, it's no fun. So, in con off-season, we must keep each other company, lol. Have lots of hang-outs and anime-watchings and whatnot.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I'll try to come home on the weekends but wont be able to do much on the week days being in Corvallis and all.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Ooh yeah, you're only out here for the summer, right? Yeah, forgot about that. Hmm, well, if you are out here, we can do something.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yup, I normally try to come home on the weekends anyway so it wouldn't be much of a problem. I also don't have classes on Friday so I might be home Thursday night ^_^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Hmm, good to know. That's how I used to do it when I lived on campus in Portland at PSU. It isn't very far but I still liked to come home on the weekends. Anyway, this is kinda off-topic. Sooooo....

What events/panels/aspects of Kumoricon is everyone looking forward to the most?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!