Author Topic: K-con Countdown! alieviate the anticipation with talk of K-con plans & memories!  (Read 219860 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I missed that one. I remember seeing a Red XIII and a Moogle. The moogle was a pretty well-done variation, pretty cute, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Gah whens the event schedule come out, I can't wait n e more  :o :o :o ::) ::) ;D ;D
I knowwww!! XD I always print it out and highlight all the events i want to go to xD

Same, even though we get one in our bags I always print and highlight beforehand!
:3
TTWWWIIINSSSSSSS
ahahaha.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I do too. I did that to Sakuracon and it gave us something to look at on the car ride there.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I don't think I've ever looked at the schedule before I got in the swag bag, but I am really going to have to this year. So as soon as it is posted, I'll be sure to get some stuff marked.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Same here. Now that there's a lot more I'm looking forward to, I need to decide what I wanna do. So many things on Saturday! @___@

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
There is so many things on Sunday for me.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Yeah, I think Sunday will be D-Day for me. The Final Fantasy Photo Shoot, Cosplay Contest, those two things have the potential to take lots of time, and I am sure The Slants Concert will probably be sometime on Sunday, or the dance/rave will be, one of the two and I want to go to both, so there's that to keep in mind also. I'm gonna have a effing ball, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
That's a lot on one day...wow. Good luck with that!

I'm hoping lady luck is on my side this year...I don't want anything to overlap XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Yes, good luck to you too! Oh, I forgot, The Forum Panel, whenever that is. I have to go to that!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
I think that's on Saturday along with the Pocky Club panel :D

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Ah, okay, well there's one thing I don't have to worry about cramming into Sunday.

And speaking of Sunday, I wonder if there will be Cosplay Church again. I don't think anyone was holding it last year, and it was really awesome the first year I attended. Talking about Fullmetal Alchemist and Christ as the Philosopher's Stone, pretty fun and interesting stuff.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Haha yeah I'm looking forward to Saturday the most!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I want to go to cosplay church! That would be amazing.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
cosplay... church??
fill me in on this one?

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
my favorite K-con memory was last years con. lol i was the merchant and i sold tons of stuff out of my trench lol then when i went to the vendors hall they were all out of ramune and i was the only "vender" that had ramune so people bought it from me =D

and then as i was leaving the hall... some L took me aside and kissed me XD he was pretty cool.... wonder what happened to him... *thinks*
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
cosplay... church??
fill me in on this one?

Well, I didn't see it scheduled or hear about it for 2007, but in 2006 a few people hosted Cosplay Church for Sunday morning. It was basically church for the Christian con-goers who weren't going to leave the conspace to go to their respective churches. The people who were running it started a great discussion on the Christian imagery and themes in Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm sure if it were to come back it would be similar, analyzing particular anime or manga in a Christian sense. So, I'm hoping there will be something like that this year.

Oh, and the name, Cosplay Church, most of the people were in cosplay, lol. After the sermon/discussion there were a couple contests with ramen as the prizes, heh.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:39:06 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I would go to that even though I am not Christian XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Yeah, it was really fun and, of course, anyone was welcome.  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
If they do it I am so going.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
If I have internet access at the con, I'll be sure to post a topic or thread letting people know where it is if I find out. But just keep your eyes peeled for any signs.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I'll check at nights but not during the days. If I leave the con it will be to get food or go home.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Okay, and you're not staying at the hotel, as in rooming, but you'll be there all three days, right?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yup ^_^. I don't have classes the next day like some people do. heck I don't have classes for another month ;D

I am going to try to be there for as long as i can.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
yup ^_^. I don't have classes the next day like some people do. heck I don't have classes for another month ;D

Nice. I'm in the same boat, I don't have class til the 28th or so of September, but I feel for those who start up right after the con. That'd be rough.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I hope you mean the 29th because the 28th is a Sunday >_>

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
My classes don't start until the 29th either, but I will probably be at Outdoor School the whole week prior.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
I get back to school on the 3rd of Sept. Dx Looking forward to it but not at the same time... I always get sick after kumoricon and last year it lasted for about two months for some horrible twist of fate.  :'(

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl

Nice. I'm in the same boat, I don't have class til the 28th or so of September, but I feel for those who start up right after the con. That'd be rough.

I think you do mean the 29th too, cos my birthday's the 28th and I know it's RIGHT before classes start XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Oow! They are stuffing bags at this weeks meeting! That mean it cant be too long till the event schedule is released online right??!! *dances*  :o :o :o :o

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Just letting everyone know since the con is getting closer. I am going to hold a cosplay workshop in Tigard on Thursday (the 14th) at my house. If anyone is interested there is more information here http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=7417.msg207213#new

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl

I think you do mean the 29th too, cos my birthday's the 28th and I know it's RIGHT before classes start XD

Lol, your lucky my classes start ON my birthday -_- 23rd of september meh!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Thats ok. I had a final at 7:30 in the morning on my birthday v.v

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
that sucks!! I would not be able to concentrate on a final if it was my b-day

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
it was an easy final though. I got an A in the class ^_^

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Lol, your lucky my classes start ON my birthday -_- 23rd of september meh!

I'd rather have class on my birthday than have a birthday the day before and not recover from it ^___^

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
haha i return from the freezing cold watars of alaska >:)

and now back to my cosplay and math mess TT_TT pluss unpacking....

oh well i get the math done and i get to order me kairi costume in time for the con :) and once thats done i have more time to finish the final touchs on my mel cossplay
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I have such little time to make touch ups on my costumes x.x Less than three weeks

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Such little time and I've decided to work on a NEW costume!
I know, I know...WHEN WILL I STOP?!
Anyway...I'm almost done with it to seeing as I just got the idea this morning and started working on it this afternoon...

oslapedo

Such little time and I'm only completely done with one of my cosplays ^_^, Oh joy...

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
That reminds me I have to updates my percentages XDD

oslapedo

That's way too much work for me :D But holy jeebus- you've converted from random MoHS girl to Itsuka! I'm so proud! We will be the best genderbend duo there ever was!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
I might have to cut like an inch off my bangs...or like 3..they kinda cover my face...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I need to trim the bangs on one of my wigs but I am going to get Sayda to help me with that during the workshop while the paint is drying ^_^

Offline Bob

• Chibi
17 days
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

oslapedo

Noooo! Need moar time for cosplay! *runs around frantically looking for wigs*

Offline Bob

• Chibi
you'll be fine, don't worry.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

oslapedo

I had found the perfect Raito, and Minami wig a few short weeks ago, but now they're gone! I haven't since found anything nearly as good as either of those T_T

In retrospect I'm sure I'll be fine, but at the moment I feel like exploding  :D

Offline Bob

• Chibi
at least you don't have to shave your beloved facial hair for your cosplay.

oslapedo

:o

That's horrible! I love facial hair, especially beards ;D I say that you cosplay your character, but WITH facial hair. It's like an added bonus and then you don't have to shave!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
You've got dedication, man. I am just lucky enough to have a cosplay with a beard already, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!