Author Topic: K-con Countdown! alieviate the anticipation with talk of K-con plans & memories!  (Read 219833 times)

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Maybe you could just mooch off someone else's time and money xD

Any donors?

Hahaha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

oslapedo

Don't ninja it away! Pirate it away! ;)

As for donations I'm also poor! You can have some of my time though x)

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Haha time means nothing without money *is thinking about her savings account*

XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
True Pirates are more about the loot! Hmm severly limited funds for the con even... :P
Secrety secrets!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Hmm should have rationed my loot more than a month ahead... Would have had far more to spend!!!
Secrety secrets!

oslapedo

I've been rationing my loot for many months, but as a minor without a job it's not like I have that much revenue in the first place  :D

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
I spent the majority of my money in Japan, so I am content.

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
I have a job, but what with bills and my addiction to Copics, comics, and fantasy novels... well it is pretty self explanatory... I've got about a thousand books stacked in my room... Turning into a regular Yomiko! XD
Secrety secrets!

oslapedo

I want to go to Japan some day *_*

1,000 books is pretty impressive. Since I've been savingn for KCon I haven't bought any manga in so long... I feel so deprived T_T

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
o_o I'm going to hope my mom gives me money. >> Seeing as I got like $10. I don't get allowance, people!!

oslapedo

My mom said she'd give me $100 for my 4.0 but that never happened. And I loaned my dad $160 of my hard earne/saved money. If he can't pay it back before KCon it'll be pretty depressing T_T

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
1,000 books...that's a lot of trees lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

oslapedo

Wow it is x) Poor trees!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Noooo! Please don't make me feel guilty!!!
Secrety secrets!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
1k books?! O_O thats like 10,000 dollers on books....
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
I just found a Barack Obama $3 bill! XD
Secrety secrets!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
As to the books. I have always been a book worm and I have a crazy huge family so books and make-up were the most common gifts I would recieve!
Secrety secrets!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
well thats fake o.o
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
I figured with the Al Sharpton sig on it and the fact that Obama was wearing a turban. XD XP
Secrety secrets!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Oh yeah! For those of you who like Joker Nurse and explosions! Here you go!
Secrety secrets!

oslapedo

YAY! I love Joker Nurse! ;D

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Only to happy to oblige!*bows*
Secrety secrets!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Hojeez I loved that part of the movie. Best bit in the whole thing.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I got my claw done today ^_^

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
A LITTLE OVER 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE CON!!!
[/freaks out]

oslapedo

There's not enough time!!! *explodes*

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Madness!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
The Cosplay Workshop was quite the success, I think. I got the sides of my cannon finished, so that's one thing I can knock off the list.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
I got 32 sensor plates cut today.  32 more and I'll be done with those.  Then I have to cut up thirteen 2x6's, twenty-two 2x4's, six 4'x8'x1/2" pieces of plywood, 64 sensor strips, and two 4'x8'x1/6" sheets of hardboard.  After I've got all those cut, I get to glue the bases for the 4 DDR pads, order 8 buttons from Happ, get 2 project enclosures from Radioshack and drill them so I can put the plugs and buttons in them, order 2 USB controllers from the internet, get 2 24"x36" pieces of Plexiglass, assemble the frames for the DDR pads, assemble the 64 for sensors, put them in the pads, and wire them all up, wire up the 2 USB controllers within the CB's, attach plugs to the DDR pads, test the DDR pads and control boxes, build the cabinets, wire the speakers, find 2 more speakers for the second cabinet and wire those up, find a computer to put in each cabinet, buy a couple VGA M-M cables, test each cabinet with an HDTV for lag, get ITG2 set up on both computer, PAINT the cabinets, put the CB's in the cabinets, hook the pads up to the cabinets and get the universal offset synced for both systems, secure transportation and parking for the con for four 90-lb DDR pads, two 150-lb ITG2 Cabinets, myself, and everything else I'm bringing to the con, arrive early Friday morning to set up and do a final test of the cabinets, head to a party with my Laptop and two pads, party hard until 11ish, then take the pads back to the Game room and get them set up with whichever cabinet they go with, go to bed, and then. . . READY FOR KUMORICON!

I've also got to find a chance to go out to Gresham to sell my bass, Go to a Kumoricon meeting, meet a friend to get some important documents I left in her car, recruit ODS student leaders from every high school in North Clackamas School District because I'm the crazy overachiever who volunteered to do so, make a sketchup model of my mom's house, and organize a meetup in 12 days with all my DDR friends so I can prep them for the DDR tournaments so they'll run smoother.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Goodbye Bass! you were always way cooler than Megaman!
That's awesome Tofu, I hope everyone appreciates your hard work.

I have to buy a couple of items at the costume shop this weekend, I hope the costume shop is open on Sundays because I don't want to try and rush over there Saturday morning.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I wanted to do which will have to wait until next year though, like making a really good-quality, marketable Game Room DVD, and making multi-output Preamps for Guitar Hero and BeatMania.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to do a little less procrastinating and a lot more moneymaking next year. :D

oslapedo

Wow that all sounds really intimidating. Good work! :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I remade both of my gloves (the armor on them not the actual glove) so I got a lot done today. I also scheduled my hair appointment to get my hair dyed blond for Temari for Saturday. I'll have pictures up by then ^_^

oslapedo

Oh my gosh...

14 days left!
*hyperventilates*

Offline Bob

• Chibi
that just means I have 2 weeks to make 2 and a half outfits. and my schedules packed. crap 2 of them arn't even for me :( 
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

oslapedo

WIG! Please get here in time! T_T

And good luck with all of that Bob. I don't even know what I'm doing for my thrid cosplay yet x) I'm mostly focused/worried/delirious for my Raito wig. If it doesn't come in time my cosplay shall be ruined ;_;

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Didn't get mah money today :[

Gonna have to figure out a way to be productive tomorrow without any material to work with. :/

Offline Bob

• Chibi
you could DDR! or take a picture and make a uber photo shop version of it.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Yeah, but that wouldn't get me any closer to being ready for Kumoricon. :P

I guess I'll see if I can pick up some scrap wood at a construction site (assuming someone's actually there tomorrow)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Ah, everything seems to be falling into place.Or rather, being shoved violently into place by me, lol. I still have quite a bit I need to do, but at least I can see this all being complete within the time frame. At least I can have the confidence that my cannon will be finished by next week. I still have a few articles of clothing I'm not so sure on. Eesh....I wish I knew more about sewing and could do it all myself.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Wait i thought there was 15 days left....
I'm confused...
[/goes to look at calender]
No it's 14 XP

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I was planing on doing another workshop. I know I have two days off right in a row. I think it might be Tuesday and Wednesday (I'll know for sure by tonight).

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Anyone think i can finish a shirt, and make a Kimono in 14 days?

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Anyone think Cosworx lost my shoes? I neeeeeed them, but I don't have them yet! D: This isn't good!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Well when did you order them?
Secrety secrets!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Anyone think i can finish a shirt, and make a Kimono in 14 days?

I'm sure you could! Go, Sugarlat!

Anyone think I can get pants, a cape, a scarf, armwarmers, and gloves made in two weeks? lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yup I know you can....you really can if we have another workshop ^_^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
heh, yeah, for sure. I think I'm going to do my best to learn how to use a sewing machine over this weekend so that I don't have to rely on others to make my stuff anymore. If anything, I think I could probably do my scarf and cape with minimal sewing experience.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I could help you out too. I have a little bit of sewing experience.....

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Hmm, well, I may take you up on that depending on how things progress this weekend.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!