Author Topic: K-con Countdown! alieviate the anticipation with talk of K-con plans & memories!  (Read 219749 times)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
WOOT! 5 days! I'm having an epic sleepover with my friends who are going to KCon and we'll be waking up at 4am on Saturday to drive up ;D

EDIT! OMIGAWSH! 1,000 posts! I'm so proud! ~happy sniff~ X3

nice : )

and 4am? sheesh... that is why i got a hotel room for friday night xD
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
....I'll be going on Friday for a few hours to pick up my swag bag and shiz. I got the Con Hotel for Saturday night, and then I drive on Monday. XD ...What time should I leave on Saturday....? ....Or Friday for that matter? XD I'll have to ask Megan.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Eugene meet-up tomorrow, then the pre-con party at Lavi-chan's place, then quite possibly finishing my little brother's belts for his Tres since I've only repaired it back to its 70% ststus... But yeah. Fun week. I go to dad's on Thursday and we load up the car, then Friday we drive up and then it just goes from there.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
At least you have a lot of plans this week ^_^ I on the other hand have to sit in my house and twitch except one day (tuesday) when I get to go do some live action Dungeons and dragons style stuff xD

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
Woo DnD! -nerdy highfive- I, on the other other hand, get to spend my time cutting out small, small letters and then pasting them to a board. HO HOO, FUN TIMES INDEED.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
gah now that ive figured out what to do with my kairi problemi am happy as ever to continue my count down. *dances* so close so close xD

once we are two days before im going to start an hourly countdown i think

• Bunnygirl
Chin up, Winfred! Now, since you'll be the item menu what summon do you want? You can't have Leviathan or Knights of the Round, but that leaves nine others.

Did you guys know that Renaissance re-enactors actually have FBI files on them?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
^
your ******** me O.o FBI files?

--------------------------------

Modified due to foul language
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:11:48 pm by kylite »

• Bunnygirl
Yep, every last one of them. They're considered a terrorist organization because they make their own weapons, mint their own currency and all sorts of stuff like that.

Or something like that.

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
Oooo, I feel special! =D Hookay, howabout Choco/Mog? Or, if you're not doing that one, Titan?  Yah! -thumbs up- Oh yes, you'll have some niiice inventory waiting for you!

WHAT. Tha--that's so cool! Their cool level has now gone up FIFTY POINTS.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
i got to tell my cousin this xD she has a booth at the fairs every year selling jewlery

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: FBI & medievalists
« Reply #1611 on: August 24, 2008, 05:51:09 pm »
I joined the SCA back in 1980. Hung out for about 15yr or so.
I first heard the 'FBI watching the SCA' story during Pennsic XII.

I can't confirm or deny it (urban legend maybe, but it's certainly a fun item to recount 'round the campfire, a flageon of mead in hand...) but the details I heard were that there were two agents who joined, then began filing reports *just* suspicious enough to convince their bosses to bankroll an undecover op. They kept these reports going ('feudalist conspiracy,' etc.) as a ruse to expense theirt travel to events of their choice, and also to fund other aspects of their hobby - such as buying/commissioning costumes and NICE armor ($$$) ... Anyways that's how I heard it.

OTOH, Boston's Finest did show up undercover at a Boston SF con once (they thought the event was a 'cover' venue for illegal drug dealing) and they tried to 'blend in' with jeans and collared shirts (orders again...) Didn't happen. They quickly realized this was just a fan con, while members and staff knew they were just doing their jobs, so everyone had a great weekend overall.

• Bunnygirl
Okay Winfred, you can have Choco/Mog. Oddly enough, it was the very last one I made! I want a Phoenix Down out of this, though.

@ Prinz: Hah! That's great, I never thought that could be what it was.

oslapedo

I went to the mall with my friends in Death Note cosplay today ;D I was Raito and I had a Mikami and a Mello. We DDRed, and even went to a Red Robins! It was alot of fun, and I love my Raito wig so much <3

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
I went to the mall with my friends in Death Note cosplay today ;D I was Raito and I had a Mikami and a Mello. We DDRed, and even went to a Red Robins! It was alot of fun, and I love my Raito wig so much <3

Did you by chance go to Clackamas? o.o If so I totally missed out.. D: I was there yesterday.

I can't waaiittttt!! I'm all ready to go cosplay-wise. =D And I'm meeting with my friend, who I'm going with, tomorrow to discuss plans and such. X3

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

oslapedo

We went to the grand Roseburg Valley mall, in Roseburg, OR :D

I caint wait either! Everything is READY! Me and my friends are having a sleepover Friday night before KCon, I'm so pumped up!!!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I'm still not ready!!! I'm super stoked though, heh. I am just trying to tie up loose ends with my roomies, who a certain one of is being rather difficult....*tsk tsk*
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:14:30 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
@ oslapedo

LOL never mind then. XD

I still can't believe the con is only 5 days away. You wait for it all year.. and then it's finally here. Can't believe it! I'm not really in it for the panels and stuff, mostly just to hang out with people and get photos taken. And the dealer's room. =3

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

oslapedo

Tis okay, we can't all be country bumpkins XD

I'm mostly in it for the peeps too. The only panels I'm going to are the L vs Kira debate, Forum Meet up, and the Maid Training thingy :3 I'm gonna try and make a KC'08 scrapbook to preserve the memories I make this year! I'll be taking buttloads of pictures!

• Bunnygirl
I'm going to the L vs. Kira debate and Forum Meet-Up panels too! Cool!

Hey, what songs would you guys want to hear randomly played really loud for no reason in the park? My crack-inducing Kumoricon playlist on my iPod is woefully short. Any suggestions?

oslapedo

YAY for good taste in panels!!!

Good crackish songs? I reccomend the Katamari soundtrack  8)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
its midnight so you know what that meannnnnnssssss

4 DAYS LEFT TILL KUMORICON!!!!!!

oslapedo

OH MY GAWD NUH UH!!! *checks calendar* Gasp! It's true! I can't believe it's so close... I would be sad about it being over, but then rght after it ends we get to countdown till KCon '09~ XD

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
oh ill have a countdown going by then >:3 dont you worry bout that! and i intend to post a topic about funny con storys from this year once its over xD

oslapedo

Yay! I can't wait to make funny con memories! Gosh! I can't even believe it's only 4 days, I'm so ridiculously excited that I've actually entered a state of zen and I'm totally calm.  ;)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
lol cool
i am too, im hanging with the bang bang neko group again this year and they have their own panel so im sure some storys are bound to pop in within the first hour.... im looking forward to it : ) especialy to our skit this year.
but in about 8 hours i got major erands to run -.- first too the drycleaners, wig store, then freddys, nordstroms, fabric store, and then back to home where i get to finish my outfits (which will take all day) and then style the wigs.... busssyyyyy day
then tuesday my badge suposedly comes, wednsday i run franticly last minute comfirmin hotel reservations and desperatly trying to find my cell phone in my bags i still havent unpacked since alaska thursday i wait impatiantly till tommorrow... and friday.... i scream run into my car and drive to the double tree to check in xD

im excited

oslapedo

That sounds exciting :D What are my plans for the rest of this week?

Monday: Clean teh room

Tuesday: Slowly begin to pack vital things for KCon. Perhaps do laundry.

Wednesday: Go to shopping for Scrapbook stuff + final cosplay stuff + school supplies

Thursday: I'll start putting together my KCon scrapbook and I'll pack everything.

Friday: Sleep over with my friends! We'll be driving up to Portland early in the morn on Saturday.

Gawsh I'm so adventurous xD I live an enthralling life!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
xD better than puttin every single thing off till the very last minute so your running around at bolt speed trying to finish everything

oslapedo

That's true. I just have to make sure I stick with the schedule :D

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
I am copying you, oslapedo!  :D

My schedule:

Monday: Be bored and wait for the results of the AMV contest I entered.

Tuesday: Be bored and chat with Kumoricon people...possibly shop around.

Wednesday: Be bored and mess around with Syd.

Thursday: Packing everything up and dragging Ari over here.

Friday: Going to pre-reg and chillin' with my homies.

Boy I have a boring life. XD

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
lol i dont have much of one... just run around and try to finish things up

oslapedo

I'm flattered that you copied my idea twinny! xD Don't fret though, as impressive as my schedule is I'll probably end up being on these here forums with you guys most of the time X3

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
I can't wait for the events on Sunday. <333 What one's are all of you going to?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:02:49 am by CatchxMe »

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
some how i think i will too > ) least on thursday and friday before pre reg i will be extactly doing an hourly count untill i bolt out of my doors with my wigs... if we have enough room in the car now that i think about it considering i cant fit the wig heads in my suit case.

and sunday? i am going to cossplay on ice (i think thats sunday) and i dont know when the cossplay skits are but if they are on sunday and the royality get together

oslapedo

Hm... *whips out KCon pocket guide*

Things I shall be doin at the con:
- Ouran Tea Party 9-9:30
- Q&A + Autographs w/ Richard Epcar + Kirk Thornton
- Ballroom Dancing Lessons
- Pirates vs Ninja
- Yaoi/Yuri PJ Party
- Masquerade Ball
- Dance

Off the con:
- Cosplay on Ice

I just realized something!!! Going to cosplay on ice would interfere wth Richard Epcar goodness! NOOOOO!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
hehe. . .
[all for DDR cabinets/pads]

Monday - Hook up all the sensors, screw on all the metal paneling, buy a special drill bit and drill holes for the bars, start cutting wood for the cabinets.

Tuesday - Wire up the control boxes, meet some people at ground kontrol for some pre-con orientation on operating my ITG2 and setting up teams, go back home and work on my cabinets some more

Wednesday - finish the cabinets, test computers with TV's for Lag, test pads, buy parts for bars and paint for cabinets, look for another amp/speakers for the second cabinet, construct the bars.

Thursday - sand and paint cabinets and panels, borrow money from my dad for the hotel deposit

Friday - haul the pads and cabs to the hotel and set 'em up, help with other areas of the con until it's time to go to a party, go to said party, come back, sleep.

Gotta bust mah bawlz on Monday and Tuesday to get everything done, but I might have some help.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
seems like we are all pretty busy schedual xD

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
One of my wigs showed up!!! Yay! Thank god cause if this one hadn't come I would have had to cut my hair short...  :P Now just waiting for the long blonde one... which according to the ups tracking is floating somewhere in space and time between Hong Kong on the 15th and here.... XO
Secrety secrets!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter

do you think those are acceptable for the masquerade ball?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
hmmm i took formal dancin classes once and i know those werent aloud for me but im guessing k con will be looser about it so im not sure...

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
its okay, I found out I can just stay tifa ^-^

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
nice : ) is the masqurade sunday night?

• Bunnygirl
The Masquerade sounds pretty fun, actually. I think I might consider going... But I don't own a scrap of formal wear that I could possibly turn into a costume-ish formal bit.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
hmmm i could eather wear my Mel costume or my old princess costume from last years halloween

LT if your about my size i can lend you a costume o.o

• Bunnygirl
Depends, are you a little itty-bitty petite thing that's only about 5'5"?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
im 5'5 o.o and the costume i can lend you is a few years old so it should fit you

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
dun dun dun dun
3 DAYS LEFT TILL KUMORICON!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:35:19 am by xxxchihiroxxx »

• Bunnygirl
XD I'm 5'11.5" and built like strong Swedish woman. Broad shoulders and probably not being able to fit inside teeeeeeny-tiny costume.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
crap that sucks D: im sorry then

oslapedo

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAWD! I'm SOOO excited!!! YAY KCon!!!