Author Topic: Cosplay Help/Chat/Progress  (Read 24877 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplay Help/Chat/Progress
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2008, 09:13:01 pm »
Well that is helpful. I know when I had to do inventory, having friends or working in teams helped a great deal.
Yeah it does help. Two of the girls were in training with me so we have been together for three days now ^_^

I like the mock battle pics on your myspace. They were funny to look at and I really want to see it this year >_< damn the con for being too far away.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2008, 09:22:01 pm »
I like the mock battle pics on your myspace. They were funny to look at and I really want to see it this year >_< damn the con for being too far away.

haha, yay mock battle! Yeah, I am so tartin' stoked for Kumoricon to get here, I just think about walking through the crowded halls and seeing cosplayers and glomping and I just get all warm and fuzzy, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2008, 09:39:23 pm »
I know that is one of the best parts of the con. I love the packed hallways and all the attention that I get for a well known costume ^_^ But if you get one that is too popular and too over done then you kind of blend in with the crowed. That's why I went to a naruto character that is recognizable but not over done. There will be maybe three or four Temari's there ^_^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2008, 09:41:56 pm »
I know that is one of the best parts of the con. I love the packed hallways and all the attention that I get for a well known costume ^_^ But if you get one that is too popular and too over done then you kind of blend in with the crowed. That's why I went to a naruto character that is recognizable but not over done. There will be maybe three or four Temari's there ^_^

Ah, yeah. That was the really rewarding aspect of doing Barret Wallace, and knowing a did a killer job. Nobody had cosplayed as Barret at Kumoricon, and very few people cosplay as him at all. So to have people affirming that I did a great job by asking for photos and whatnot, it was just awesome, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2008, 10:24:13 am »

Ah, yeah. That was the really rewarding aspect of doing Barret Wallace, and knowing a did a killer job. Nobody had cosplayed as Barret at Kumoricon, and very few people cosplay as him at all. So to have people affirming that I did a great job by asking for photos and whatnot, it was just awesome, heh.

I thought your Barret looked amazing. One of the best that I have ever seen....but I have seen many v.v

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2008, 10:59:24 am »

I thought your Barret looked amazing. One of the best that I have ever seen....but I have seen many v.v

Yay! and I had never seen any other Barret's in person, so I figured it was pretty rare. But thanks, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2008, 11:30:02 am »

Yay! and I had never seen any other Barret's in person, so I figured it was pretty rare. But thanks, heh.

I saw a Barret at Sakuracon and he wasn't bad. He looked older but still not as good as yours ^_^. The picture is on my myspace under Sakuracon if you want to see it.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2008, 11:35:35 am »

I saw a Barret at Sakuracon and he wasn't bad. He looked older but still not as good as yours ^_^. The picture is on my myspace under Sakuracon if you want to see it.

Ah, yeah. That's Hitokiri Kenshin (I'm pretty sure he is on here), I think. He is the one other I had seen. I'm definitely going to be bringing the costume back for this year, then I might take a year off, but I don't think I'll ever retire my Barret. I like it too much heh.

And are you just doing the one costume in your signature or do you plan on doing any others?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:37:25 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2008, 12:42:45 pm »
well i'm suposed to be at a dogshow with mom
but she didn't take me.
and my social security randomly shut off so my money is imaginary

i figured out a way to to the neck thing on my esther :D:D:D
look look:

i also added another cross one on my arm woot all thats left it red hair
http://i34.tinypic.com/27wzo6d.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/dzibh4.jpg
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:43:30 pm by SageBell »
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2008, 01:40:35 pm »
^ Wow, looks amazing so far. Clever way of getting the neck/collar thing to work.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2008, 04:00:59 pm »
I have decided to go as Azula in her Beach Party outfit and I am not sure if I want to get a wig or use my own hair. My hair is much lighter and shorter than hers but it much easier to style. I wanted to know what everyone else thought

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2008, 04:18:35 pm »
If you used your real hair would you color it at all? If so, I'd say just go with your real hair. You could definitely pull off that character with your hair length; sure it's a little shorter, but not enough to drastically look wrong or bad.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2008, 04:34:39 pm »
The problem is that I want it lighter for Temari.....I was thinking about dying it one more time (going blonder) but since I was thinking about going as Azula then I wasn't. But not changing anything from the way it is now do you think it looks ok? Or would it be better to get a wig?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2008, 04:41:27 pm »
Ah, hmmm. Length-wise it is fine, but it is pretty light, especially if you were thinking to make it lighter still. So, in that case, I'd suggest going with a wig. It seems like the best way to do both characters.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2008, 05:01:01 pm »
A wig for something like Azula... Oh, wait, no, you're thinking beach party. I was thinking royal topknot, which would involve stubbing and general evil. Yeah, definitely a wig. I'll definitely have to find you and get pictures!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2008, 05:02:38 pm »
Indeed, I'm going to be sure to keep an eye out for you in both costumes. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2008, 05:04:30 pm »
I am going to get the wig then. I am going to try to get this costume together for Kumoricon but it may not be ready till sakuracon. The top and the sarong are going to be different shades of red but it will still look really good (that is if I wear this to kumoricon)

Thanks for your help ^_^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2008, 05:24:11 pm »
If you don't wear it to Kumoricon, then that will be enough reason for me to go to SakuraCon, heh. I've not gone yet, so maybe I'd have to go then, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2008, 06:19:31 pm »
I need to make the belt, and the red arm thingies for Sai still.
If i have time I'll made the little sword thing of his out of wood.
Hmm I just made ninja shoes but i don't wanna feel like I'm walking around in socks so I'm glueing
like Thin cardboard to the bottom.
Plus I don't want them to be dirty.
I wanna get a skirt for the cosplay picnic so people can see sai in a skirt of short shorts XD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2008, 06:21:37 pm »
If you don't wear it to Kumoricon, then that will be enough reason for me to go to SakuraCon, heh. I've not gone yet, so maybe I'd have to go then, haha.
Yes power to the persuasiveness of Azula MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH >:D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2008, 06:47:05 pm »
She'll take over the world, you know.

My Avatar cosplays will end up being Avatar Kiyoshi and a big fluffy Water Tribe coat XD should be fun, eh?

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2008, 09:51:54 pm »
^ Wow, looks amazing so far. Clever way of getting the neck/collar thing to work.
its half a duck tape role..thing. then a chinese checker peg an then wooden cross of course
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2008, 10:43:42 pm »
its half a duck tape role..thing. then a chinese checker peg an then wooden cross of course

haha, See, that's the ingenuity I love to see in people's costumes. It's good to know I'm not the only person who can (or chooses to, lol) put random scraps and odd pieces of stuff to use to make something fantastic, heh.  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2008, 11:26:28 pm »
....why do I get the distinct feeling that no one gives a fly f*** that I need help?
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2008, 11:53:13 pm »
....why do I get the distinct feeling that no one gives a fly f*** that I need help?

Okay, you posted in this thread once. It quickly got buried because that is how forums and the internet work. If it was so crucial you'd probably have taken it into your own hands by now, but since you are here chewing people out instead, it must not be too pressing.

I'd be glad to have looked something up for you if I had seen the post, even though I know it is not hard to find motorcycle shops in Portland...but setting the forums up for a tantrum or anything of the sort has kind of discouraged me from doing anything. Good luck.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2008, 12:09:46 am »

Okay, you posted in this thread once. It quickly got buried because that is how forums and the internet work. If it was so crucial you'd probably have taken it into your own hands by now, but since you are here chewing people out instead, it must not be too pressing.

I'd be glad to have looked something up for you if I had seen the post, even though I know it is not hard to find motorcycle shops in Portland...but setting the forums up for a tantrum or anything of the sort has kind of discouraged me from doing anything. Good luck.
A tantrum? One censored word, and it's a tantrum?
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2008, 12:15:55 am »
Nah, man, you were just giving off vibes that you wanted to start something. That's usually the case when someone is heated up enough to not separate typed language from spoken language. But if I was wrong, then I read you wrong. I can admit that.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2008, 12:25:28 am »
Nah, man, you were just giving off vibes that you wanted to start something. That's usually the case when someone is heated up enough to not separate typed language from spoken language. But if I was wrong, then I read you wrong. I can admit that.
No, I didn't want to start anything. I was just expressing my feelings over being ignored.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2008, 11:21:39 am »
Being ignored happens a lot on this forum you just need to post your request again any maybe someone will get to it this time. But if someone hasn't been on all day and they are just checking all the new post you could have been the first one with 30 others behind you. I tend to remember what I last read and not what I first read. And if there were a lot of post in one topic sometimes I wont even go all the way back to the last one I read.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »
I'm going to Goodwill today, and I hope that I'll find what I'm looking for.
Suits are pretty easy to find, it's just the certain colors that are difficult to pick out. ~ ~
All I need is a brown coat and red tie.
So kids, who's the character?
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2008, 06:22:30 pm »
Huh, I can't tell! A random background character from Light Yagami's highschool?

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2008, 06:25:48 pm »

haha, See, that's the ingenuity I love to see in people's costumes. It's good to know I'm not the only person who can (or chooses to, lol) put random scraps and odd pieces of stuff to use to make something fantastic, heh.  ;D
the less money spent the happier every1... except the stores... will be :D
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2008, 06:39:21 pm »
Huh, I can't tell! A random background character from Light Yagami's highschool?

Or.. Light Yagami himself. XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2008, 06:48:37 pm »
^_^
Light Yagami! XD
I thought his jacket was tanish?

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2008, 07:11:25 pm »
got my micaiah wig! I GOT MY WIG MY WIG MY WIG!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D

i ordered it the day after my badge... still no badge O_o wig wins
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2008, 08:15:18 pm »
Go you! Can't wait until all my wigs get here. And my badge!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2008, 09:21:53 pm »
^_^
Light Yagami! XD
I thought his jacket was tanish?

Oh right. See I knew that, just seeing if you gaiz did.
No actually, I just typed the wrong color, I knew what color I was going for.
I bought a red tie, now all I need is the jacket.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2008, 09:27:35 pm »
WIG!!!!!!!!
should i sexy no justu?
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2008, 10:17:31 pm »
I like the wig. Which cosplay is it for?

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2008, 10:44:24 pm »
micaiah
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2008, 10:45:53 pm »
I see. I think the wig looks great ^_^

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2008, 10:47:03 pm »
i think i need to trim it
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2008, 10:51:11 am »
Hookay, I'd like some advice on this! I'm going to be the inventory from Final Fantasy, and that get-up includes a sign with the menu on it. Look I don't know what I'm doing either, but that's besides the point. Now, for the menu, should I in fact put it on a sign where it will be nice and visible, though awkward and silly to walk around in and kind of amateurishly made? Orrrr should I screen-print the menu onto a shirt, so it's more comfortable but less visible? As for the latter, the quality might be kind of iffy because I can't find a good picture of the menu online (curse you, Google Images!) so I'd have to take a picture from a tv screen and use that for the screen-print.

So, uh, what should I go with, Help Thread? The sign, the shirt, or an unknown third option?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2008, 11:32:00 am »
I'd say go with the t-shirt. Being comfortable is key for anything, and you wouldn't want to wear a big sign and risk bumping into lots of people. So, yeah, you could print the image onto a shirt, and then you could make/wear a big cartoonish white glove and point to different things on your shirt when people request it, haha. That'd be awesome.

And if you need help with some good menu shots I don't mind taking them, if you need the help that is.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2008, 11:51:07 am »
And if you need help with some good menu shots I don't mind taking them, if you need the help that is.

Actually that'd be pretty cool of you! My tv gets kind of discolored when I play FFVII. >_< Thank you so much! You'll definitely get some free inventory if I spot you or vica versa. -thumbs up-

Woop, t-shirt it is, along with a Mickey Mouse glove! EXCELLENT. -high five-

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2008, 11:57:46 am »
Yay! I'll get those pics up in a little bit, and I look forward to seeing you. You'll be at the FF Photo Shoot, right?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2008, 12:10:39 pm »
I agree the t-shirt would be way cool to put it on. The you would have an amazing shirt to wear any time you want.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2008, 12:12:09 pm »
It'd be a great ice breaker and gamer detector, lol. Any time someone comes up and selects an item, you know they play the game, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2008, 12:48:30 pm »
i think the shirt would be good too. the sign could get damaged and i wouldn't be too comfy...

progress:
Misha: 92% i found different shoes and all i need to do for them is put ears on
Rikku: 10% ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tsukasa:15% still ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! but i found a wig! i need to bid on it tho...
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2008, 01:22:54 pm »

Actually that'd be pretty cool of you! My tv gets kind of discolored when I play FFVII. >_< Thank you so much! You'll definitely get some free inventory if I spot you or vica versa. -thumbs up-

Woop, t-shirt it is, along with a Mickey Mouse glove! EXCELLENT. -high five-

Okay, after trying to get some screenshots, I realized it is very hard to get a clean image from a tv. There are waves in there! Like....the waves move so fast you don't see them with the human eye, but cameras can catch them....so that's kinda lame. And I'm dumb for not knowing that already, lol.

But, I tried, so here is one I got and if this is decent enough quality by your standards, I can try to get the inventory (cause that's what you wanted, right?).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!