Author Topic: Your Favorite Movie scene!  (Read 5368 times)

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
Your Favorite Movie scene!
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:15:57 am »
We all have favorite movies we love to watch over an over again.
My question is what is your favorite movie scene? Is it that last epic fight scene, an amazing one liner
from the hero or villian or the scene were the guy finally gets the girl.
Whatever made the movie most memorable to you! post it Here!

as for me one of the my favorite scenes has to be the first big shoot out in Hard Boiled
Team Koga

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: Your Favorite Movie scene!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 01:30:41 am »
Hellboy, when he's fighting Samaiel and saving the box of kittens.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 01:40:41 am »
Hmm... I dont think I have favorite movie scenes as much as favorite scenes from animes.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 07:12:49 am »
Hmm... I dont think I have favorite movie scenes as much as favorite scenes from animes.

Well, this is an anime forum!

I'm sure I'd find others if I thought about it....

My favorite montage is the training montage in Rocky 4.
My favorite comedy scene is the dating game at the end of Mallrats.
My favorite fight scene is Luke vs Vader in Empire Strikes Back.

I also love the final museum bit in the Thomas Crown Affair (the new one with Pierce Brosnan).

I really wish that I could access imdb from work, I just know I'm forgetting something awesome. :-\
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 07:37:38 am »
Ah, this is a great idea, I have so many favorites just knockin around in my head! I probably can't remember them all, but here goes:

- Hellboy (The transformation when Hellboy becomes The Beast with full horns, crown of fire, and looms over everyone else, breathing smoke.)
- Star Wars: A New Hope (The scene when Luke Skywalker is staring at the double sun sunset. Is there anyone that can't shed a tear at that scene, with the heartstring symphony playing in the background?)
- Fight Club (The final scene when Narrator and Marla are standing together, watching the cityscape obliterate. Very romantic. ^_^)
- Hellraiser (The entrance of the Cenobytes. Pinhead enters with all his erudite horror. Awesome)

There are a lot more, but this is a good start. I love movies, probably more than anime, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 08:40:45 am »
best fightingness "Moon Child" when Sho is dodging a machet aims at his head and Kei dodges the bullets

best gross out "Machine Girl" the hot pot scene

best tension in the movie "smooth talk" when A Friend is trying to talk connie into going out side at the end of the movie
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 01:53:20 pm »
The end of Braveheart when Mel Gibson is being tortured. One of the men tells him,"Say mercy and the pain will end."  Instead of giving in, Gibson screams a long and triumphant "FREEEDOOOMMM."

Finding Nemo when Dori sees the little glowy thing at the bottom of the sea. I crack up every time. XD

In Gladiator when Maximus yells, "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

:D

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 02:21:27 pm »
10 Things I Hate About You.
When Patrick Verona sings "I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" to Kat.
And the marching band plays.
And he runs from security. xD
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:42:48 pm »
The scene in Army of Darkness where Bruce Campbell holds up his shotgun and says "This is my BOOOMstick" and "shop smart shop S-Mart"

The last scene in the last episode of FLCL where Takkun is standing on the pile of rubble holding Haruko's guitar.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 09:20:17 am »
Evil Dead 2 when Bruce Cambell's hand goes bad...

Airplane when the dude a girl is dancing with and tried to motion that he was stabbed but the girl he's dancing with just copies the motions thinking it is part of the dance.

Sunshine, when the dude blows the airlock and evacs all the air in the spaceship.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 12:04:52 pm »
Near the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, when McMurphy gets the MAD LOOK OF MUUURDER in his eyes and goes batcrap crazy. That was pretty cool, I'd say!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 02:15:19 pm »
The Cutting Edge: "Toe pick!"
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 03:22:25 pm »
Another of my favorite scenes has to be in Aliens.   
Their Dropship and only means of the planet has just blown up nearly hitting them an bill paxton's character starts freakin out.  "Game over! Game over Man!" probably my favorite line from that movie but oh man that movie had soo many good lines.
Team Koga

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 04:03:47 pm »
Their Dropship and only means of the planet has just blown up nearly hitting them an bill paxton's character starts freakin out.  "Game over! Game over Man!" probably my favorite line from that movie but oh man that movie had soo many good lines.
This whole movie is epic amazing :)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 09:53:17 pm »

I like the scene where Ian Holm's character begins freaking out, and attempts to shove a rolled up magazine down someone's throat, then begins vomiting battery acid, his head gets whacked off, and guess what? He's an android, lol Awesome.

Oh, and I also must add The Thing (the whole movie rocks, but specifically the scene where they are doing the blood tests, and it totally misled me and gave me the shock of my life, lol. Blood jumping out of tray and guy turning into alien whilst everyone else is still tied to him, lol. Killer).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 10:46:48 pm »
Aragorn's speech to the Gondorian and Rohirric troops in front of the Black Gate.

"There will come a day, when the courage of men fails, and we forsake all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! This day, we fight!"

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 03:05:02 pm »
Saving Private Ryan: the Sargent goes to shoot a german with his pistol but it locks up. So does the germans, so they throw their helmets at each other.
Armageddon: When Harry pushes his daughters boyfriend back into the ship and blows up the comet while hes still on it.
Pulp Fiction: When butch goes through the weapons and settles on the samurai sword
Sin City: "Then I took away his weapons. Both of them."
The Fifth element: When Korben Dallas goes to kiss leeloo... and she puts a gun to his head.

Then again I just like bruce willis movies

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 03:35:32 pm »
Wanted---> right after he releases the rats and is running though the textile factory/ the last scene
Shooter----> The first scene/ when they raid the senator's house
Mononoke Hime----> when she enters iron town
Serenity ----> BARFIGHT!!!!
Battle Royale----> the lighthouse (not becuase of the violence, because the cat-fight is so sadly believable)
Ong-Bak---> when he raids the cave before humlae dies
Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum--->Tons of the really good action scenes!

I like the scene where Ian Holm's character begins freaking out, and attempts to shove a rolled up magazine down someone's throat, then begins vomiting battery acid, his head gets whacked off, and guess what? He's an android, lol Awesome.

Indeed 8)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 08:20:03 pm »
You have GOT to be freaking kidding me. o-o I haven't seen one movie mentioned in 18 posts.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 09:05:51 pm »
The Thing was Amazing!!   Kurt Russel is Awesome!!!

Oh, and I also must add The Thing (the whole movie rocks, but specifically the scene where they are doing the blood tests, and it totally misled me and gave me the shock of my life, lol. Blood jumping out of tray and guy turning into alien whilst everyone else is still tied to him, lol. Killer).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:08:46 pm by KogaRyu »
Team Koga

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 11:46:37 pm »
when frankenfurter sings sweet transvestite and he says to brad and janet 'you look like your both pretty groovy' and when he pushes past them his face is priceless. I don't think that's my fave scene but that was the first one that popped into my head.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 03:34:59 pm »
oh so many... this may take a few posts to get them all... let's start with...

boondock saints- the whole movie is amazing, but the scene that gets me most is when the russians cuff connor to the toilet and drag murphy off to kill him, then connor struggles to get un-cuffed to save murphy. the emotion is so intense, gets me every time.

advent children- cloud vs sephiroth. need i say more?

gladiator- commodus' speech to his father before he kills him. i memorized it once... lol. and the first battle against the barbarians. epic.

more shall come later, i must be off now >.O

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 07:00:22 am »
Hero, that whole fighting on water by spashing their swords against the pond to fly into the ground... talk about ninja

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 12:02:57 pm »
The Cutting Edge: "Toe pick!"

You just made my day for mentioning The Cutting Edge.

Um. Dang. I love so many things.

My favourite animated Disney scene (of all time) is "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty.
BUT my favourite Disney singing scene is "After Today" from A Goofy Movie.
My favourite scene from Star Wars is when Han and Leia first kiss during Empire Strikes Back while they're in the asteroid (You know "my hands are dirty too, what are you afraid of?" I've had that scene memorized since I was 7)
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 12:06:29 pm »
Dirty dozen -when Pinkley (Donald sutherland) has to impersonate an officer and inspect the Troops.

Falling Down- when Foster (Michael Douglas) is confronted by two Hispanic gang members who demand that he pay a "toll" for passing through their "territory." The entire movie was amazing though

Speed Racer- The final race was Awesome!

wicker man- this youtube video prettymuch sums it up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo          
if the link dont work just lookup best of Wickerman on youtube, but please dont actually rent or watch the entire movie
Team Koga

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 01:36:08 pm »
advent children- cloud vs sephiroth. need i say more?

OMG! Sephiroth is in ADVENT CHILDREN!?!??
SPOILERS!!!

:D

So anyway, don't feel bad Syd-chan, you're young.

Someone pick a favorite scene from a movie that's come out in the last three years!

*ponders*
Pirates of the Caribbean 2, voodoo lady's house.

Jack "What? This is useless, it's just a jar of dirt!"
Tia "Then give it back."
Jack clutches it to him "No!"
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 07:44:57 pm »
Oh. Oh holy crap. I forgot about my beloved Davy Jones!!

Watching him play the organ during Dead Man's Chest brings tears to my eyes EVERY. TIME.

But the whole scene in At World's End when they're negotiating before the final battle where Davy has to stand in his bucket (which is perfectly designed to match him and the rest of the Flying Dutchman) is just SO AWESOME.

fapfapfap.

Sorry, I'm such a Davy Jones fangirl. His tentacles~~~~

BUT. My favorite Davy moment HAS to be that little popping sound he makes in Dead Man's Chest. It's during the first scene he's in when Will's on that half sunken ship. It's just SO ADORABLE.
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 09:30:49 pm »
The Dark Knight - The disappearing pencil trick. Gawd it made me laugh so hard. But then again, I loved every single little bit of that movie that had the Joker in it. Heath Ledger was perfect.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 09:51:23 pm »

Watching him play the organ during Dead Man's Chest brings tears to my eyes EVERY. TIME.

But the whole scene in At World's End when they're negotiating before the final battle where Davy has to stand in his bucket (which is perfectly designed to match him and the rest of the Flying Dutchman) is just SO AWESOME.

fapfapfap.

BUT. My favorite Davy moment HAS to be that little popping sound he makes in Dead Man's Chest. It's during the first scene he's in when Will's on that half sunken ship. It's just SO ADORABLE.

You and me both, lol. I love Davy Jones, every time he's on screen he dwarfs anyone else. He's just so amazing.

I personally have two favorite Davy Jones scenes, one with Tia Dalma as she is tied as my favorite non-Jack character in Pirates. But, the scene when Davy Jones is playing his organ for the first time in Dead Man's Chest is one. He is so engulfed with passion and agony, despite his heartlessness. It makes me well up everytime. The other scene is in At World's End, when Tia is in the brig and Davy Jones comes to visit her. Their conversation is touching to say the least, but when Tia Dalma reaches out and changes Jones back to his mortal form, and you can just see all his feelings for her return in an instant, and only for an instant.....ah! It overwhelms me every time!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 10:03:28 am »

fapfapfap.

You and me both, lol. I love Davy Jones, every time he's on screen he dwarfs anyone else. He's just so amazing.

I personally have two favorite Davy Jones scenes, one with Tia Dalma as she is tied as my favorite non-Jack character in Pirates. But, the scene when Davy Jones is playing his organ for the first time in Dead Man's Chest is one. He is so engulfed with passion and agony, despite his heartlessness. It makes me well up everytime. The other scene is in At World's End, when Tia is in the brig and Davy Jones comes to visit her. Their conversation is touching to say the least, but when Tia Dalma reaches out and changes Jones back to his mortal form, and you can just see all his feelings for her return in an instant, and only for an instant.....ah! It overwhelms me every time!

Ohhh my gosh that part in At World's End is so perfect...!! I adore they also ad that little part of ridiculousness by making it so his claw gets stuck in the bars!

Offline fuzzyfurrydragon

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 02:59:08 pm »
Hellboy, when he's fighting Samaiel and saving the box of kittens.
HOLY SHNIT!
We have the same flavorite movie scene!

Seriously, I watched that movie like 80 times. And the commentary.

o3o

I like the first one better than the second one, though. More charachter development and comicbook aspects. :D

Kumoricon 08' will take my con virginity~

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 03:58:32 pm »
One of the end scenes from Hero with all the arrows and shiz. When they take away the body, there's like a perfect shape. |3 Everyone died in that movie. Except Moon[Yue, I think] and the Emporer.

Offline Kamisan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 09:57:02 pm »
My favorite movie scene is When Yoric (sp?) fought the other polar bear in The Golden Compass