Author Topic: only a month and a half to go!  (Read 3118 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
only a month and a half to go!
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:06:01 am »
AARGH! Anyone else freaking out about finishing their cosplay? Holy god, there's so much to do!

What're you guys up to, and what's your status?

I'm doing Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean and helping out my friend as Tali from Mass Effect. We're.. not to far along. I've got a claw almost fitted and some clothes.

Anyone got any ideas about painting foam tentacles? I used bed foam to cut out tentacles, but paint stiffens it up somewhat.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: only a month and a half to go!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 02:10:03 am »
Wow, Davy Jones? That's quite a feat, but boy will it pay off in the end! You'll have all the Pirates up against you, haha. That's great though, I love Davy Jones. *thumbs up* I unfortunately have no advice whatsoever about painting. Good luck, though.

As for me, I have sooo much to do, and it feels like I don't have enough hours in the day.......Scratch that, I have all the time in the world, I just can't progress at all because I'm broke as a joke misprinted on a bottle o' coke. I can't do anything I need to because I lack the funds. So, yeah, I have just been sitting here, whittling away at the pieces that I can do, but there is a lot left to accomplish. But, I will get it done, sooner or later, heh. Oh, and I'm cosplaying as Barret Wallace (FFVII) and Azul the Cerulean (FFVII:DoC). I have my Barret done because it is from last year, and Azul is the one I am currently working on.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 03:22:31 am »
I have to finish the TB nun, assemble Yuffie much like one would go about assembling the Avengers, and get Organization boots. Other than that? Totally calm. Yep, totally... Calm. *Twitch*

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:26:34 am »
>_> I don't seem to have that problem. I finished Temari before Kumoricon lite and I finished Albel around the time summer started. I wanted all summer to fix problems that I saw with the costume.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 08:28:46 am »
Hello, panic tiems.  It doesn't help that I'm losing this weekend due to working a Ren Faire, either ...

That said: my Miranda dress needs sleeves, hemming, buttons up the back (unless I get lazy and use something else), and the white inset collar bit.  Risai (obscure Juuni Kokki cosplay FTW!) needs (at minimum) the horrid obi-thing redone and the belt made, and ideally the bootcovers, which will be my first time doing something like that.  Oh, and restyle my Unohana wig, which is unbraided and about half brushed and needs a wash first.  Probably going to glue it somewhat this time, just because evil braid is EVIL.

Doable, yes.  Mildly flail-inducing, hell yeah.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 08:54:07 am »
That's it!
I gotta make sure to buy the last couple of costume pieces this paycheck then, otherwise I'll forget!

So that's a pair of black slacks and a pair of green tights!  ;D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 09:58:31 am »
I still have to build the chest piece for my son's shinji ikari cosplay and make some alterations to the wet suit we got him.

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 12:52:55 pm »
AARGH! Anyone else freaking out about finishing their cosplay? Holy god, there's so much to do!

Anyone got any ideas about painting foam tentacles? I used bed foam to cut out tentacles, but paint stiffens it up somewhat.

yupers I'm spending money I don't have on my cosplays, mostly done 'cept I have to make a full tailored jacket with a fur collar, for Olivia Armstrong (FMA). And possibly another Jacket for Flashback Roy Mustang. Hopefully I can pick up another job so I can pay off the credit card bill, and pay my last payment for my New York trip.

As per how to paint the tentacles, how about spray paint, it should be less stiff than brush-on stuff. Just do multiple light coats.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 01:42:11 pm »
Another thought for the tentacles that might just maybe work is fabric paint.  A lot of that stuff is made to stay all soft and flexible.

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 02:38:22 pm »
I just have to buy some accessories (thank you, stimulus check), remake my Rika shirt, and see where my friend's mother is on my Sailor Jupiter outfit, and then I'm set.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 09:05:50 pm »
I have several costumes yet to make.... cuz I spent so much time making costume for conchair Mike instead of for me!
Jaki (programming director) just reminded me that they'll be premiering "Emma" just before Cosplay, so now I have to make the Emma maid outfit.
And then I have to make the Pumpkin Scissors costume for me and my hubby so we can be part of the set of Pumpkin scissors characters at the con.
And I also want to make the costume from Kaibutso ojou too....
hey, it's only 5 weeks...nothing to it.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :o

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 12:08:54 am »
I'm making my Desiree outfit, and she is basically in a catsuit... And my machine is having problems. DDD8;;; So I'm not sure what to do, since my friend is going as another character with Desiree.  And I will feel awful if I don't finish it D8;;
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline Ouka-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 09:41:05 am »
O_O
Well, I'm glad for the most part, my costumes are done. I just need to make Mr. Mew, spray the hat, and make the pouch for Shiki...
and for my other costume, it's been long since done. I've just been tweakin' it.
Buuut, now that I have time, I might add Mitsuru's bathing suit, from Persona 3. It's so tempting, because I know how hot it's going to likely be... x_x; :-X
;D 08': My first Kumoricon EVAR
~Secret Cosplay~
Shiki: The World Ends With You [Subarashiki Kono Sekai]
Haha lazy...more like fickle!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 09:51:29 am »
I'll type out a long post since i have like a million of cosplays to make XD

I need wigs for my super secret cosplay. I have to touch up my super secret prop.
I need to get navy/blue converses for said super secret cosplay.
I need to buy a pink wig for Simca.
I need to make the dress, hat, and legwarmers for Simca.
I need to help Iruka/Chika to make Anbu armor.
I need to make Chika's sisters cosplay [whom still hasn't given me fabric or measurments]
I need to make a Bunbun for Hunny, and also buy a wig while waiting for a patch. [Which is late and the person has not contacted me yet]
I need to make Sai's sword as well as finished up the belt and the little red things on his shoulders.
I need to make the legwarmers for Rin's cosplay and fix the arm bands, plus get another wig.
I could buy a wig to be any Haruhi character but that cosplay finished.
I'm helping my friend with a Marth cape.
I need to also make decorate 3 bags for my Cosplay groups and help with the making of 8 dresses.
And I need to wait until my friend megean contacts me about another simple cosplay....

And something not basically cosplay related?
I have to memorize 2 songs and 2 dances for the Hybrid Karaoke Contest  ^_^

And that is my very long list of to-do's for the next month in a half!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 10:02:58 am »
Tentacles... hmmm... every thought of air brushing? Thats light enough and you can add more color without making it to heavy.
Secrety secrets!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 12:53:14 am »

yupers I'm spending money I don't have on my cosplays, mostly done 'cept I have to make a full tailored jacket with a fur collar, for Olivia Armstrong (FMA). And possibly another Jacket for Flashback Roy Mustang. Hopefully I can pick up another job so I can pay off the credit card bill, and pay my last payment for my New York trip.

As per how to paint the tentacles, how about spray paint, it should be less stiff than brush-on stuff. Just do multiple light coats.

Great idea! I'll try that. I dipped a small tentacle in latex paint, but that was an absolute flop. I'll be sure to give spray paint a shot :)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 12:53:57 am »
Another thought for the tentacles that might just maybe work is fabric paint.  A lot of that stuff is made to stay all soft and flexible.

That might get expensive, but I'll keep that in mind. Thank you :)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 12:55:53 am »
I'll type out a long post since i have like a million of cosplays to make XD

I need wigs for my super secret cosplay. I have to touch up my super secret prop.
I need to get navy/blue converses for said super secret cosplay.
I need to buy a pink wig for Simca.
I need to make the dress, hat, and legwarmers for Simca.
I need to help Iruka/Chika to make Anbu armor.
I need to make Chika's sisters cosplay [whom still hasn't given me fabric or measurments]
I need to make a Bunbun for Hunny, and also buy a wig while waiting for a patch. [Which is late and the person has not contacted me yet]
I need to make Sai's sword as well as finished up the belt and the little red things on his shoulders.
I need to make the legwarmers for Rin's cosplay and fix the arm bands, plus get another wig.
I could buy a wig to be any Haruhi character but that cosplay finished.
I'm helping my friend with a Marth cape.
I need to also make decorate 3 bags for my Cosplay groups and help with the making of 8 dresses.
And I need to wait until my friend megean contacts me about another simple cosplay....

And something not basically cosplay related?
I have to memorize 2 songs and 2 dances for the Hybrid Karaoke Contest  ^_^

And that is my very long list of to-do's for the next month in a half!

Whah. Good luck. I thought I had it bad between Davy and Tali's armor from Mass Effect. Whoosh. I'm rootin' for ya.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 12:57:33 am »
Tentacles... hmmm... every thought of air brushing? Thats light enough and you can add more color without making it to heavy.

Yes, but I don't have an air brusher. I suppose I could rent one, but I think those are expensive, too. The only rentable air brusher than I know of is the type to paint a house with. That might be a little much. I can't afford to buy one, either. I'm currently unemployed...