Author Topic: kendo boyfriends sleep aphnea saga aka a pair of tonsils later...  (Read 2748 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
So a while ago (maybe 6-8 month-ish) i woke at night, before i fell back asleep i heard my fiancee kendo boyfriend (aka chris) stop snoreing (and he snores loud like gargling rocks) and breathing as well, right when I was thinkin how you do cpr, he gasps for breath, as if some one had a hand over his mouth and finaly let go (makes me think of buffy when the evil mayor trys to kill buffy)
I got like no sleep that night, felt like i had to stay awake to make sure he didnt die
(its okay i am a hoot sleep deprived, its like i'm drunk only cheaper)
so after an expencive sleep study (1200$) he was dianosed with sleep aphnea, aka he stops breathing every so often while sleeping,  options, c-pap (air tubes blowing air at him, nosiey) or surgery removing tonsils (which insurance wouldn't pay for with out trying the c-pap)
but!
he went in for allergys and was able to get his tonsils and nasal surgery coverd by that yay !!!
so yesterday, 3 rides by friends (i can't drive yet  :'() later and a day in the hospital and little sleep and  2 atempts at drawing blood and 3 bags of fluids and one big scare(he turned white as a sheet broke out in sweat and passed out, aparently peeps react that way to the soluntion, scared the crap out of me having to yell at him to stay awake) chris is tonsil-less and pallet reduced and recovering with an abundance of jello, 4 differnt kinds, and all sorts of soft foods n drinks and popcicals

tho his uvula is the size of a van, and they were supost to make it smaller,

they almost removed the whole thi nk freaky huh? i am glad he still gots it

**not after his surgery i had a job interview and i get training next week woot**

so hopefuly i will no longer get woken by lack of chris snoreing, yay!!, but boy i tired
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: kendo boyfriends sleep aphnea saga aka a pair of tonsils later...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:18:29 pm »
Ah, glad to know he's okay. My grandma was diagnosed with the same thing recently. :/ But, I'm happy you'll be getting sleep! YAY

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:20:14 pm »
Aw I'm glad both of you are okay now. :)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 09:53:37 am »
funny thing is it makeing me such a nagger cuz hes not hungery and i have to make sure he eats somthing even if its just jello and broth

thats why i made so many kinds if all you can eat is jello, at least get varity

when i made the lime jello i added a cup of mt dew instead of water to make it extra lime-y

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 12:10:24 pm »
My dad has that. :) He has the really noisy huge machine but I'm on the other side of the house so I can't hear it.
Glad to hear he's better!

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 02:12:54 pm »
Eeek, that must have been scary. Good thing everything's ok now. You deserved some good sleep  :)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 08:29:35 pm »
My dad has that. :) He has the really noisy huge machine but I'm on the other side of the house so I can't hear it.
Glad to hear he's better!

yeah thats why i was really glad he was able to get the surgery cuz i really didnt want the nosiy machine next to my bed

Eeek, that must have been scary. Good thing everything's ok now. You deserved some good sleep  :)

he was doing well today so he sent me to that subversion event to relax and i ran into my best friend (who passed away) other best friend, and seeing him brings back a lot of hard memories i really should have stayed at home

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 08:53:32 am »
Hi Jaz -- thanks for posting an update! Miss you guys - :'(

Glad to hear you have a job, yes? And after some recoup, I know Kendo Chris will be good as new  ;)

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 08:05:43 pm »
I sure hope so he was feverish today but it broke this afternoon

I made him husband soup from scratch

i make a stock using chicken bits and shrimp shells little veggie garlic n spices, simmer for acouple hours  and then i strain it boil it down and add minced chicken and shrimp (very little )
he liked it and it was the first bits of protien he's had for a while 

were not married yet but i want to call it husband soup from firefly

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 09:59:00 pm »
Get well soon kendo chris
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 05:30:16 pm »
maybe you should have just rung a bell???

so does he breathe all night now?

so has his uvula gone down? that sounds almost dirty eh?

Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 07:06:11 pm »
still swollen and he's been sleeping in the recliner all week  :'(

so far as i can tell he still snores but i think it will get better

he has started some solid foods, i made him eggs and pancakes for dinner
thing was after he said he wanted a pan cake,(just one) i noticed we didnt have pancake mix so i looked on like found a recipe for pan cake mix, mixed the dry ingredents halfed it (only needed one ) and made some extra pancakes so he can just nuke it tomorrow if he feels like some more tomorrow

***update***

where the nurses took turns sticking needles in him like a pin cushion there is now a big bruise, if they try to take your blood for a sample and miss and one of the nurses dosen't know there the vein is, have them try again, not reposition it ouchy poor chris
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:35:04 pm by superjaz »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 10:23:57 pm »
Pancakes, my way: 1 pint buttermilk, 1-2 cups flour, sift if possible, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1 tablespoon baking powder. mix, pour on to ready cooking surface, butter up cooking surface first. These make light and fluffy pancakes, not like my mom made.

Note: I generally can only make one pancake at a time this way because I use the whole skillet to cook it. plate size pancakes!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 10:16:03 pm »
I followed a recipe from good eats, for pan cake mix, tho yours sounds easyer

I never have butter milk i add lemon juice to regular milk instead

Offline COMaestro

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 10:23:54 am »
Thanks for all your good wishes and such. I am recovering well, and making the most of my week off to play video games, catch up on some DVD's and webcomics, and just relax. Unfortunately I was pretty out of it the first couple of days, so didn't manage to accomplish much. I think the pain meds I was taking messed with my system pretty bad, as on Monday I was in a cold sweat and felt trembly. I stopped taking it though and feel much better, although since I'm now only using ibuprofin for pain treatment (AND POPSICLES!) my nose and throat hurt a bit more than they otherwise would. But the best part? While catching up on one of my webcomics, I just found THIS strip:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1057
It's perfect.
*sigh* my vacation is coming to an end. Back to work on Monday  T_T

And, of course, many thanks to my superjaz for taking such good care of me. Love you!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:25:00 am by COMaestro »
Superjaz's Kendo Husband

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 06:32:22 pm »
But will you be ready to go to football games this fall? Gotta get some screaming and yelling practice in before the season starts, or they will have to go back in a remove nodes or something.

@ s.Jaz: Alton Brown is so fun to watch, and learn and get inspired by! Too bad I can't watch him very often. I should start buying his books.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 09:00:29 pm »
chris got me good eats collection for my birthday, 21 dvds of good eats

tho it was before they can out in seasons, the episodes are orderd by topic like pie or veggies makes it harder to find episode from certin seasons