Author Topic: Ok! Everyone time to Review Appropiate Behavior at Kumoricon! Ask Now! :D  (Read 6159 times)

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Well. Like the Title says. If you have any questions about what you can, and can't do at K-Con. Ask now. You don't want to get in trouble, because trouble at K-con is no fun. Specially since K-Con is such a fun place. And the best thing It's in less than One month. AWESOME! Right? You all waited so long, and we the Staff want all of you to have a great time. I mean we all know everyone knows the basic rules...for those who read them...I hope everyone read them thought. But still there are people with questions. So please feel free to ask.

Here are the Basics. Read them if you haven't Please!

ANOTHER RULE ADDED: SHOWER AT LEAST ONCE A DAY!!!
It's not really a rule, but it would be very nice if you do. ^^

Kumoricon Convention Policies

These are the policies for Kumoricon Anime Convention*. When you check in, be aware that you are expected to follow the policies of the Convention. The following is an outline of our policies as you will encounter them during the convention. Definitions of terms used in the body of the text are below. Please see the end of the policies for definitions of terms and clarifications. If you have any questions, the staff will be happy to address your concerns.
Age Requirements

After you check in, the events that you can attend vary based on your age. Here is the age breakdown:

12 and under – Can attend all events that do not have an age restriction until convention curfew at midnight**, and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian paid attendee.

13-17 – Can attend all events that do not have an age restriction until convention curfew at midnight**, and must have a Parental Permission Form on file by check-in.

18 and over – Can attend all events at the convention**, including age-restricted events by showing government-issued photo ID1 at the door to such events.
Badge

Your badge is your pass to the convention. Be careful not to leave it in your room, at home, or anywhere other than on your person while you are at the convention. If you don’t have your badge, you may have to pay up to the current purchase price to replace it.

If you do lose your badge, head over to Operations2 to see if anyone has turned your badge in. If not, you can arrange to print a replacement in Operations. If you find a badge, please help out a fellow attendee, and bring that badge to Operations.
Lanyard

When you check in, you will receive a lanyard for your badge. This is proof that you’ve checked in and the best way to keep your badge on your person. Keep the lanyard attached to your badge and visible at all times. This is the easiest way for the staff to know that you are allowed inside the convention space. If we can’t see your lanyard, we might stop you on your way to something fun!
Cosplay and Outfits

Costumes and outfits are one of the best parts of anime conventions. Before you put long hours and hard work into your cosplay, be aware that all outfits must obey Washington decency laws. The law reads as follows:

[RCA 9A.88.010] “A person is guilty of indecent exposure if he intentionally makes any open and obscene exposure of his person or the person of another knowing that such conduct is likely to cause reasonable affront or alarm.”

You will be asked to return to your room if your outfit covers too little of your body, as shown in the picture below. Outfits that are tight or shear enough to expose those parts which should be covered are also prohibited.

Females must cover the nipple, sides of the breast, and complete buttocks. Males must cover the entire groin area, and complete buttocks. Clothing must not be so tight as to reveal the genitalia of male or female, and must not shear enough to expose areas which must be covered.

In addition to properly covering the body, all attendees must wear footwear with a sole while in the convention space, and costumes must not block hallways.***
Props and Weapons

Props3 are a great way to enhance cosplay. Many props are considered valuable enhancements to a costume, and will be allowed in as such. If you have any props, proceed to the peace bonding station immediately after checking in. The staff will determine if your prop is acceptable within the Convention Space4. Props which are not allowed within the convention space include, but are not limited to:

* Air-soft or projectile weapons
    * Live (sharp enough to cut) steel
    * Props wide enough or long enough to inhibit flow of traffic

Props deemed harmless by the staff, such as teddy bears, will be waved through. Any other prop deemed safe by the staff will be peace-tied. This is a tie attached to your prop which signals to all staff that your item is part of your costume and not unsafe to carry. It also signals that you have agreed to carry your prop safely. This means you will not brandish any prop weapon, engage in any mock fighting, or use your prop in any way which could be seen as unsafe.
Harassment, Solicitation, and Offensive Behavior

All attendees are expected to treat others in a courteous and respectful manner. Harassment and solicitation are prohibited. This is not only our policy, but the law. Please let the staff know if you are witness to any of the following***:
Harassment

* Offensive or rude behavior toward anyone
    * Someone doing or saying things with the willful intent to harm another person
    * Heckling

Solicitation

* Displaying of signs not produced and approved by Kumoricon Executive Staff (i.e. “Glomp me”, “Hug the Ninja”, “Room Party Info”)
    * Distribution of flyers around the convention space without permission of Kumoricon Executive Staff, or attaching them to walls or surfaces. Some flyers can be left at the info desk for distribution. Please see the info desk for the flyer policy.
    * Selling of items or favors outside of convention sanctioned events and areas.

Other Offensive and/or Illegal Behavior

* Indecent Exposure (see above)
    * Impeding the flow of traffic in hallways and especially in fire lanes
    * Overly loud or disruptive behavior
    * Line jumping or cutting
    * Consumption of alcohol in the Convention Space
    * Fighting (play or real)
    * Lewd sexual contact or behavior (groping of the breast or genitalia)
    * Any unsafe behavior
    * Stealing items from the vendors room

Anyone who engages in any of these activities will be given a warning. If an attendee continues the behavior, or engages in similarly offensive behavior, their badge will be removed, and they will be asked to leave the Convention Space. Egregious or extreme cases may result in a badge removal without a prior warning.

You have the right to enjoy your time at the convention. If you feel someone is affecting your enjoyment of the convention, don’t hesitate to inform any of the Convention Staff.
Liability

Kumoricon, its personnel, and its affiliates are not responsible for any damage, theft, injury, or loss. Attendees of the convention are responsible for their own actions as individuals as well as for any resulting repercussions. Staff is on hand for assistance in any situation. However, any civil or medical emergencies that may occur must be handled directly be the appropriate authorities.
Photography

Any photos or film officially taken of attendees by Kumoricon staff or its affiliates is property of the convention.
Hotel Rules

The area of the hotel rooms is outside of official Convention Space. However, the way our attendees treat the property and the staff of the hotel reflects on the convention as a whole. Please be sure to take care of the room you are in. Be aware that there are guests who are not attendees and attendees who may be sleeping in surrounding rooms. Be kind to the staff.
Appeals

If you feel that you have been given a warning on attire, conduct, or policy infringement, which was unfair, you may appeal in Operations. Any decision then reached by at least two Convention Executive Staff and the staff member who made the original decision will then be final.

1. Government issued ID includes drivers licenses, military ID, passport, and other documents which include basic personal information and a photo of the ID holder.

2. Operations, or Con Ops, is the room which houses the Operations department of the convention. It will be clearly marked, and any staff member can point you in the right direction.

3. A prop is any item carried or worn by an individual that is not clothing.

4. Convention space is any area that the convention is using to for events, panels, activities, and vendor/artist sales areas, and their connecting walkways and hallways.

*Policies are subject to change, and are at the discretion of Kumoricon Staff. Updates will be available at www.kumoricon.org. The most current version will be available in the convention bags on your arrival.

**Some events, such as the guest dinner, may require additional payment for admittance.

***Items which are not listed in this section may still warrant warnings or ejection from the Convention Space. See appeals if you feel you have been wrongfully warned.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:42:04 pm by vampirek_yaoi »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
It may seem redundant, but for all the people that come on here asking questions that could be answered by reading exactly what you just posted (which is on the main page, lol), this is actually a very useful post. Hopefully, the flow of new people we have coming in will read this thread. ^_^ Thanks for posting!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Thank You. ^_^
I really hope that people that haven't read it. Do read it here.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
Its pretty much the same as last year. or exactly the same.  anyways I'd just like to say its greatly appreciated to shower everyday at con, even twice a day. 
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Lol yes. That would be the best thing to do. ^^

Offline Bob

• Chibi
dressed up as rock lee I showered twice a day, but I had an afro, so I had to use alot of gel. it burned my eyes so bad >.< I used so much gel those 3 days. but um yeah. shower and be nice. I had something else but I forgot.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline Antidepressant

• Cabbit
Showwwwwwerrrrrrrsssssss. Those should definitely be in the policy.

I hope to god my prop doesn't get outed. D: I like my prop.
adhfajhfa wat r u sayin bro

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
LOL, LRN 2 C0N NOOBZ

http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=44

Totally.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:22:25 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
dressed up as rock lee I showered twice a day, but I had an afro, so I had to use alot of gel. it burned my eyes so bad >.< I used so much gel those 3 days. but um yeah. shower and be nice. I had something else but I forgot.
Wow yea that much of been lot's of hard work D:
With the hair, and all.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
well I didn't stink so I was happy

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
well I didn't stink so I was happy
That's Good ^^

oslapedo

So curfew is at midnight? I've been wondering what it was for a long time, so thank you very much!

Also, when does the convention open in the morning? I haven't found the times of the con listed anywhere.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I'm pretty sure the first event is at 8:00am on Saturday, though it could have changed for this year.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

oslapedo

Okey dokey! That's around when we'll be arriving in Portland so that's perfect ^_^

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
all attendees must wear footwear with a sole while in the convention space
In addition to this, anyone wishing to play DDR must where footwear with a flat non-wooden sole (no heels) no thicker than 1.25" in thickness, and such footwear must be secure to the foot.  I recommend that all attendees carry a pair of Tennis shoes of some kind  for the purpose of safety and comfort during the convention.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
Wonder why we have to obey Washington Decency laws when it's in Oregon..  O_O ...ohno..  WASHINGTON IS TAKING OVER!!! 

>.>

<.<

Re-Reads rules.. Looks like I am good!  Yahooooo!

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
ah i love that our prop rules are the way they are :) ive read a lot of conventions with a LOT strickter ones.... i remeber last year a guy cossplayed the guy from mega tokeyo with all the guns, i think he pulled about 20 of them out from pockets in his vest.... O_O i didnt know where they all came from at first....
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Wow....xD that's kind of cool for some reason.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
yeah it kinda was xD i was just sitting and filling out my paper work cause i registered at the con last year, and he just kept pulling out fake gun after fake gun after fake gone... O.o he had holsters atached to his pants, which i think held about five, and then about 15-20 hidden in his vest and pockets. it was a pretty awsome cossplay to xD i just wished my camera wasnt out of memory when i met him

but i dont have to worry this year, i got tons of battery. and my costume and props fit all regulations. unless for some reason a staff with a blue orb and feathers coming out of it....

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Wow lol yea that is cool  :D

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
yeah it twas :P i remeber i was reading on a forum once with my friend, a guy showed us pictures of his cossplay, he did one of the guys who has a huge sword that pretty much is like over ten feet long...

he actualy made it! full scale, they wouldnt let him in the convention space with it because it just simpley wouldnt fit!

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Hmm yea large swords, or other weapons are a bit of a problem sometimes...specially when you cna get hit by accident @___@
Yet I still think they are cool x3

Offline Bob

• Chibi
I've helped my godfather make full sized Zabuza swords and a full sized tetsiga (not sure if I spelled that right or even if its the right sword, im not a big Inuyasha fan) and the con passed them.

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Well yea, I think they do as long as you have a peace bond.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Certainly hope Lavi-chan's giant hammer is within regulations... Is a five foot long handle with a four-foot-long by three-foot-wide hammer head too big to be peacebonded? She doesn't have a forum account to ask.

And if I'm in the convention space in-costume (in the hotel lobby, to be precise) after midnight (even if I'm doing something like going to the front desk), will I told to go back to my room?

Also, I got wind of a large group playing Sardines on one of the days... If they do something terribly stupid like stick themselves in an elevator and keep hitting the 'close door' button (this happened once at a different con, I do believe) to hide, will they get strikes against their badges? I want to join that game, but not if it gets me in a terrible amount of trouble.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:01:29 pm by LtCommanderRichie »

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Certainly hope Lavi-chan's giant hammer is within regulations... Is a five foot long handle with a four-foot-long by three-foot-wide hammer head too big to be peacebonded? She doesn't have a forum account to ask.

And if I'm in the convention space in-costume (in the hotel lobby, to be precise) after midnight (even if I'm doing something like going to the front desk), will I told to go back to my room?

Also, I got wind of a large group playing Sardines on one of the days... If they do something terribly stupid like stick themselves in an elevator and keep hitting the 'close door' button (this happened once at a different con, I do believe) to hide, will they get strikes against their badges? I want to join that game, but not if it gets me in a terrible amount of trouble.

I think you should really talk to the Yojimbo Manager Kylite, or the Yojimbo Assistant Hawkeye.
They will tell you anything that you might want to know about the hammer.

As for that game, no one is allowed to play with the elevators. I wouldn't do anything like take badges away, or anything, but would have to talk to one of the Yojimbo Manager. They are the ones that are in charge of what happens. So for the best is not doing anything like that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:02:57 pm by vampirek_yaoi »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
I figured as much... And I'll go ask in the prop questions thread in the help forum.

oslapedo

Strikes against badges? What exactly does that mean?

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
I've read the rules several times, and can't find the answer to my own question.

I have a dress that has a train in the back. It's not long, about three or four feet behind me? and my friends keep telling me "they will not let you walk with that, you will have to carry it, blah blah" and I wanted to know if this was true or not...

Do I have to carry it the entire convention?? x_X

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
hey do you guys know the policy on Yaoi paddles this year? o.o i cant remeber if they were or werent aloud last year.... or this year for that matter

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
I don't know if they were or not, but I saw several of them ^-^ and a paddle circle where people were using them oO

It was funny ^^

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
I've read the rules several times, and can't find the answer to my own question.

I have a dress that has a train in the back. It's not long, about three or four feet behind me? and my friends keep telling me "they will not let you walk with that, you will have to carry it, blah blah" and I wanted to know if this was true or not...

Do I have to carry it the entire convention?? x_X
You might have to.
Otherwise people will step on it.
You don't want other people stepping on it either. Since it will cause you to trip, and fall.
But if that's my own conclusion. I haven't read any rules about those kinds of dresses.

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
hey do you guys know the policy on Yaoi paddles this year? o.o i cant remeber if they were or werent aloud last year.... or this year for that matter
I believe they are allowed, but will have to be 'peace bonded'.

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
ok my friend is 13 he think he cant stay later the 10:15 cues of the curfew would he be able to go to the dance that ends a 1 am cues it said the miners  can stay to 1 am if going to the dances at 10:15 would he just need to go in side the hotel or could he stay outside in the park with me and some friends
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Um, sentences please?

Anyway, one thing that came to mind at AE was BE CONSIDERATE OF PICTURES. Don't walk out in front of a camera when it's clearly being used! Don't block a cosplayer in a pose! And when people around you are stopping to let someone take a picture, NOTICE THAT.

I mean for crying out loud, I didn't notice when a house on my paper route was surrounded by squad cars (true story!), so you KNOW I'm not the most observant of people, but even I can notice when someone's posing for a picture and can thereby stop out of photo range.

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
ok my friend is 13 he think he cant stay later the 10:15 cues of the curfew would he be able to go to the dance that ends a 1 am cues it said the miners  can stay to 1 am if going to the dances at 10:15 would he just need to go in side the hotel or could he stay outside in the park with me and some friends
For all age 13 to 17 can stay until 'Midnight'
They did extended only for the dance to be able to stay until 1AM.
After midnight no minors should be out in the streets, or so it's what the code is.
Also they will not be allowed to stay after midnight when all the 18+ Events will take place.
So the only choice would be to go to there respective Hotel.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:38:35 pm by vampirek_yaoi »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
I believe they are allowed, but will have to be 'peace bonded'.
I read this and thought we were still talking about dresses lol.

Photos are good things to not interrupt, but more important is that people are being considerate of where they are taking photos.  People can't be taking pictures in high-traffic areas and causing congestion - people are trying to get places.  Picture takers should also not be interrupting people when they're doing something, like playing a game or having a conversation.  They should wait quietly with their camera visible within the person's peripheral vision and look at them.  If you're in too much of a hurry to do that, you're in too much of a hurry to take a picture.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Um, sentences please?

Anyway, one thing that came to mind at AE was BE CONSIDERATE OF PICTURES. Don't walk out in front of a camera when it's clearly being used! Don't block a cosplayer in a pose! And when people around you are stopping to let someone take a picture, NOTICE THAT.

I mean for crying out loud, I didn't notice when a house on my paper route was surrounded by squad cars (true story!), so you KNOW I'm not the most observant of people, but even I can notice when someone's posing for a picture and can thereby stop out of photo range.

Yes, that is something everyone should really keep in mind.
Even thought it's not a rule it would be the most polite, and considerate way to show respect to others.
We the Staff want everyone to have a great time.
And be able to enjoy your day tot he fullest with out other messing up photos your trying to take.