Author Topic: between a rock and a hard place... help!  (Read 2432 times)

Offline mike_was_here

• Sailor Scout
between a rock and a hard place... help!
« on: August 18, 2008, 03:17:12 pm »
so.. here's the deal. over the past 3 weeks, i've developed a REALLY bad case of acne on my chest and back of all places (oddly enough my face is pretty much fine). and, as fate would have it, i have two open-shirt cosplays. XP please, trust me when i say REALLY bad. i wouldn't post this otherwise. so, i was wondering all of your opinions on a couple of things: 1. might any of you have any miracle cures? i've used pretty much everything i can think of. 2. for my own sake, should i use my only shirted cosplay, or should i be a trooper and wear my open ones despite how horrible it looks? i understand that it probably won't go away in the 12 days to the con, but at least getting rid of half to most of it would be lovely. thanks for your help!! it is greatly appreciated!
Kumo 2017 line-up:

Kakashi - Naruto
Warlock - Destiny
Android 17 - DBZ
Others TBD

Offline scottish_freak13

• Oni
Re: between a rock and a hard place... help!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 03:20:23 pm »
Go to acne.org.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 03:26:39 pm »
You could possibly purchase some foundation and powder to cover it up. They have all sorts of colors.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:31:30 pm »
you should do what my younger brother did
he has a cosplay that was shirtless and really wasn't comphy with out a shirt so he just bought a shirt that was the closest to skin color he could find, like a fleashy tan color
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 03:45:59 pm »
Enlist someone to rub your back with exfoliating pads twice a day, and invest in lots of zit cream. Then seriously slather your back with it twice daily as well. It'll get the stuff to go down, but not to go completely away in twelve days. Especially not if it's as terrible as you make it out to be.

You know, if it's not really on your face but it's on your chest and back, what if it's an allergic reaction to something you're wearing or using?

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:25:38 pm »
you do have 2 weeks-ish before the con actually happens so you might be able to do something about it.

might try anything with benzoyl peroxide in it, and an antibacterial lotion. moisture is good even for zitty skin.  and blemishes are caused by bacteria.  also just generally wash alot, and only wear clean shirts (never the same one twice without washing).

also and this will sound wierd, neosporin. 

and if that dosent work you can allways burry potato peels in the ground under the full moon.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:25:32 pm »
I can understand with you there... I get acne sometimes, so this is what I do. Besides all the comments above (which all would work well if you are dedicated to it), get some good soap that moisturizes your skin and take a wash rag and scrub all the dead skin away from where the acne is, then use a cleansing cream, like Olay or Clearasil to treat the acne... then, for the larger blemishes', put some toothpaste on it... not a lot, just a small dot in the center and do not wear anything or touch any of the areas if its at all possible. It will make them go down considerably if you keep at it all the way to the con ^-^ it works for me :3

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 09:15:20 pm »
have you been to a doctor cuz some types of ecxima (rashy or dry skin) is like acne

Offline mike_was_here

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 01:17:53 am »
thank you guys for your help and suggestions! it is greatly appreciated! i've ruled out allergy as i've used the same stuff on my face. :/ i will definitely hit up the doctor. that's always helpful. and i've actually been using rubbing alcohol, witch hazel, and hydrogen peroxide coupled with some Proactiv leftovers, and have seen fair progress. i also learned that over exfoliating can actually make it worse. the shirt is a good idea, but i think i like idea of cover up better. once again, thanks to all of you! XD
Kumo 2017 line-up:

Kakashi - Naruto
Warlock - Destiny
Android 17 - DBZ
Others TBD

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 08:20:52 am »
I have the same issue so at this point I am just trying to treat then once the con comes around cover up ^_^
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:21:49 am by nikkiolie »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 10:26:13 am »
just becareful with cover it can possibly stain cosplay

Offline mike_was_here

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 04:55:44 pm »
yes. i have also thought about that as well. and just for future reference, hydrogen peroxide is pretty much the best thing in the world for acne. i'm literally blown away by how well it has worked. it's practically gone. :O
Kumo 2017 line-up:

Kakashi - Naruto
Warlock - Destiny
Android 17 - DBZ
Others TBD