Author Topic: K-con 09 Meetup planning (Shinra Picnic)  (Read 5651 times)

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
K-con 09 Meetup planning (Shinra Picnic)
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:18:53 pm »
So on the second day, late in the night, while half the con slept and the rest went raving.....myself and a few others came up with an idea.

On the second day of next Kumoricon, at a time which is to be announced, there will be a Shinra Electric Power Company picnic in the park.  >.>

Anyone who will be wearing the costume of a current or former shinra employee is welcome to come.  Actually, we would love to see more 'miscellaneous' Turks, SOLDIERs, and Shinra Army personnel.   Even employees of the main building would be a wonderful addition to the gathering.  (I personally would LOVE to see more unique OC Turks....well, as long as they're not claiming to be Reno's sister, or something...>.>)

Please reply here if you would like to see this event happen. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:19:42 pm by hikaru_maxwell »

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: K-con 09 Meetup planning (Shinra Picnic)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:23:06 pm »
I would love for this to happen....i may have to get a turk outfit >_>

I think I could pull off Elena well

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 06:02:41 pm »
An Elena would be awesome!  But I'd also love to see lots of other Turks, or SOLDIERs, scientists, office workers, even army personnel. 

I can't stress enough that this is not just for the characters you SEE in the games and movies, but for 'background' characters as well. Shinra is a large company, large enough to be considered the rulers of an entire continent.  Therefore, there are a great many people in each of the organizations that we are aware of that have never been introduced to us, the viewer/gamer.  I want to see what you can come up with, when cosplaying as THOSE people.

(of course, anyone playing a Shinra employee that we HAVE seen in any of the FFVII compilatino games/movie would also be welcome.)

Oh, and if someone knows how to apply rain-resistant designs to a picnic blanket, please let me know.  >.<  *wants to make one with the SEC logo on it for the picnic*

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 06:07:44 pm »
if I were to do any I think I would do an original turk ;D

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 06:16:11 pm »
I might see if I can come up with some sort of prize for the best original Shinra, Inc. employee cosplay.  Not so much the costume as "who are you?". 

>.>

I'd have to come up with some sort of scoring system though.  Any ideas?

Like....

- points are taken off for being related to a 'Named' Turk, Executive Board member, or SOLDIER, etc
- having ultimate power will lose points, not gain them.
- weaknesses are a good thing
- points given for staying IN CHARACTER for the entire picnic (which means that named characters can earn points, too...maybe for a different prize?)

Any ideas?

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 09:32:45 pm »
I'd love to go, but I play Before Crisis Elena, and she doesn't really like Turks/ShinRa.

But then again, her sister is a Turk, and family members often come to picnics...so maybe I will show up just to make trouble. XD

I'd love to have a ShinRa picnic/meetup not taking place during Kumori-con, I get so busy then, that I'd rather have some super awesome fun time during the off season.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:50:53 am »
I might see if I can come up with some sort of prize for the best original Shinra, Inc. employee cosplay.  Not so much the costume as "who are you?". 

>.>

I'd have to come up with some sort of scoring system though.  Any ideas?

Like....

- points are taken off for being related to a 'Named' Turk, Executive Board member, or SOLDIER, etc
- having ultimate power will lose points, not gain them.
- weaknesses are a good thing
- points given for staying IN CHARACTER for the entire picnic (which means that named characters can earn points, too...maybe for a different prize?)

Any ideas?

That's too easy i'd win... I'd be random shin-ra employee #36 the guy that runs in a corner and shivers whenever cloud or someone from an opposing affiliate comes in the room
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 02:41:27 am »
So on the second day, late in the night, while half the con slept and the rest went raving.....myself and a few others came up with an idea.

On the second day of next Kumoricon, at a time which is to be announced, there will be a Shinra Electric Power Company picnic in the park.  >.>

Anyone who will be wearing the costume of a current or former shinra employee is welcome to come.  Actually, we would love to see more 'miscellaneous' Turks, SOLDIERs, and Shinra Army personnel.   Even employees of the main building would be a wonderful addition to the gathering.  (I personally would LOVE to see more unique OC Turks....well, as long as they're not claiming to be Reno's sister, or something...>.>)

Please reply here if you would like to see this event happen. 
Will there be President Rufus and the band playing when he comes? Also are Avalanche members welcome also?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Tinkeu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 10:15:14 am »
I will definitely attend... though no original for me^^;; I have my heart set on Turk Vincent^^ I'll be bringing a Doctor Hojo along as well^^
K-con 05-Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
K-con 06-Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII
k-con 07/08-Papparazi!
K-con 09-Tsukasa Amou, Juvenile Orion
             Turk Vincent, Final Fantasy VII
             OroKabuto, Naruto?

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 07:34:40 pm »
The only AVALANCHE members who are invited would be those that used to work for ShinRa....like Cloud, or Vincent.

The rest would be crashing the party and may find themselves facing down an army of Turks....>.>

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 07:21:20 pm »
*thinks to herself*

... ... ... oh!

Hikaru, were you the girl with the blond wig and the skirt and the minus tie Turk outfit! I'm trying to place the ones I hung out with during the con.

...I have a strange idea for a gathering.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline PockyReno

• Chibi
    • My DA Account
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:55:13 pm »
I'm going to be highly unoriginal and be Reno. XDD But there's no way I'd miss a company picnic!! I'll bring my horde of Turks along as well... we have some Before Crisis people, and maybe a couple original Turks as well. One of them is a sniper. oo Hopefully he can make it...

(Actually, I might go as an original Turk if I think up something good. I can't resist a challenge. XDD)
Kumoricon 2013:
Reno - FFVII Advent Children
Secret Police Kaito - Vocaloid
My Mayor - Animal Crossing New Leaf

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 10:59:37 pm »
hmm, I do believe this is relivant to my interests. :3 I'll try to go to it if I remember and bring my turk outfit(since I'll surely have it by then. Probably partially thanks to Thena there. -points to pockyreno-
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline PockyReno

• Chibi
    • My DA Account
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 11:04:13 pm »
Probably. XDD
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 11:11:20 pm »
how about civvies?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline PockyReno

• Chibi
    • My DA Account
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 02:16:30 pm »
Civvies sounds like a good idea! *points to suggestion in above post* It'd be interesting to see how Turks would dress on their day off, especially the well-known Turks. ^^ I've also seen costumes made from fanarts or crossovers from other games, like Turk Yuna. I think those would be cool to see, too. ^^
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 08:24:25 pm »
I'm really liking this idea.

I've already got a suit ready(from my Agent 47 cosplay), so I could easily cosplay a Turk. And creating an OC Turk would make thing even better for me so I don't have to get a wig, or shave my head again for Rude.

Plus, with any luck, I'll be cosplaying somebody with hair next k-con, so i don't think I'll want to shave my head again. XD
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline LittleKarasu

• Sailor Scout
    • facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 04:02:02 am »
this sounds like fun, granted I don't know a lot about ff but I know enough to get by, I think I'll go as a Shinra janitor, then I could spend my time helping to keep the area clean of trash and junk.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 09:31:47 pm »
-smirks- Oh people just love giving me a challenge. I was considering going as Female Martial Arts, but you just had to make a contest for original characters. I am gonna dish it out here right now, and will probably be using a wig for this cosplay. Mostly because I don't think dying my hair red again is a good idea, if I suddenly wanna cosplay someone with brown hair. XP I am also looking for any caramel skinned tall ladies willing to be my Turks partner... She's epic, I can include her profile as well... (when requested)>.>

Name: Illiad
Nickname: Newbie or Tonfa
Appearance:
A woman with a rather tomboy like build, more or less a runner and dancers build. Oft to naught her build reminds some of the older Turks of Female Martial Arts. She stands at 5'4'', and holds a rather long legged form. Many oft to naught think of a speed fighter when they first come upon the one other turks call Newbie. Her body build is usually hidden well because she doesn't wear a truly form fitting suit. Preferring her clothing to hide her frame, and make her opponents job harder.

Her features are rather stubborn and angular in their structure. Her hair has an apparent life of it's own most times, and oft to naught is a reason that she is teased. It's a bright flame red color almost, and tends to floof around her head when now put in a ponytail. She recently has started to grow it longer, so it reaches just past her shoulders. Her eyes are a golden brown color, and most of the time seem to be sparkling with mischief.

Personality:
Illiad is oft to naught considered an annoyance by older turks. She does her best to get her job done, and have fun while doing it. Her naiveté often has the older Turks tormenting her. She doesn't always know what certain terms mean, and it's rather easy to get her to blush. Having joined the Turks at the request of Asia, her current partner and a friend of the family. She did well in the Turk Academy, and proved that though she is rather naive she is an excellent fighter.

She has a sort of peppiness around her. You can tell if she so happens to be thinking about something naughty simply because she gets a little giggly. She more oft to naught she has a sort of country tomboy feel to her. She likes to please her fellow Turks, and loves to see a smile on their faces. She believes that smiling helps keep you mentally stable, and in the world they work in... thats a good thing.

She is often the butt of a lot of jokes, that she can't quite understand. Once they are explained to her, they tend to make her blush rather hard. Easy to tease, she does her best to fit in anyways. Which means the occasional try at being a bit like the other Turks.

Weapon:
Modified Tonfas... Instead of them being completely of wood, the handles of her tonfa have blades that come off of them.

Abilities:
She has heightened speed, through training with some of the faster Turks, but she is no where NEAR as fast as Reno.(Whom is acclaimed to be the fastest Turk)
She has a nice and fair amount of Stamina, and shows it off well for running for long periods of time on end.
She is good with Chocobos(Explained in her History)...

Weaknesses:
Due to her naivete she is often the brunt of a lot of jokes, and oft to naught does not understand fully adult situations.
She isn't as strong as other people are, and prefers to use speed aligned attacks.
She doesn't have a complete, or well built grasp of proper materia use.
Limit Breaks:

First Level
X-Victim Slash -
This attack is a first  level limit break, it involves her running at a high speed(or being flung at one) towards her opponent. When she gets close enough she spins her tonfas and crosses them, then when she reaches the minimum distance she releases her arms and slashes at her opponent in an X pattern.

Stab Sting-
This is a basic attack where she runs full velocity at her opponent, and spins her tonfas so they are stabbing instead of cutting.

Second Level
Slash Barrage -
This attack is a step up from X-Victim Slash, it runs pretty much the same way. Instead of an X slash though, she releases a barrage attack of rapid slashes in succession.

Third Level
Blade Tornado-
Not often used, this attack is rather deadly. She gets one of the stronger turks to throw her into the air towards her opponent. Due to her velocity and momentum, she usually folds the blades against her body. It does some massive damage, if the opponent doesn't dodge...(Which can be done easily)

History:
Illiad was born to an old family of Chocobo Ranchers. Her father Marik, met and married into Illiad's mothers family. Her mother is named Yumi, and her family where renown for some exemplar Chocobos. Before Illiad was ever born, her Five older brothers came first. Derin was Five years old when Illiad was born. Barrack and Cyndil where the twins and they where four when Illiad was born. Morrin was three years old, and Fin was two. So her whole life she was raised around rowdy older males.

Her life was pretty sheltered, as she learned the family trade. Her preference leaning towards Black Chocobo's and her own personal Breed of 'Silver' Chocobos. It was when she was about fourteen that Asia came into the families life. Asia was about sixteen at the time, and just rescued from a bad situation by Derin. She stayed with the family, and even helped Illiad learn how to fight. When the situation was over Asia left the family and went back to her business of being an Exotic dancer. She continued to visit the family and train Illiad.

Nothing much actually happened in Illiad's life, she worked on her chocobos... and practiced her fighting. Finally when Illiad was sixteen, Asia commented that she no longer was in the exotic dancer business... but had joined the ShinRa Power Electric Company. Illiad rarely saw her friend after that, but continued her training and working with her giant overgrown chickens. Eventually three years later, after some rather weird stuff happened... Asia returned. She asked Illiad to be part of a revolution.

It took the girl a few days to reach her deliberation, but she wanted to help improve the world. So she grabbed up her modified Tonfas and left for the Turk Academy. Just as Asia had suspected, Illiad passed with flying colors. Her and two other recruits where pulled into the Turk program, and within three months... Illiad was the only of her graduating class left. She was partnered up with Asia, and they have been working together for nearly a full year.

COPYRIGHTED TO ME!!! YOU STEAL I KILL!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:32:33 pm by IrukaSensei »
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 01:31:10 pm »
Caramel skin...good colour.

But detrimental to us pasty folks. Otherwise I'd prolly be a invented Turk too.

Also, I was kind of thinking to myself...would anybody want to have a meet-up outside of K-con ? Maybe like a Holiday ShinRa gathering, replete with opportunities for blackmail pics of various particularly badarse characters being forced to wear silly reindeer ears, etc.

I'm just thinking about how awesome it would be to get pictures of ShinRa employees with Santa or some such nonsense.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline Kadaj

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »
I can go as Nunchaku or Kadaj? Most likely Nunchaku though.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 08:17:22 pm »
-bursts into laughter- OMG I would love to see that! I Would so get a Mrs.Clause outfit and say that Newbie lost a bet. XD
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)