Author Topic: Cosplay booboos! >;D  (Read 13353 times)

Offline Starrykitsune

• Cabbit
Cosplay booboos! >;D
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:59:50 am »
So did you get injured whilst making your phenomenal costume?
If so, please do tell.

I went as Bowser and had a crazy owwie accident happen involving hot glue. It went all over my upper thigh so that well I was at the convention I had a bleeding/yellow and spongy owwie underneath. It's a pretty big burn. When I got it everybody was asleep so I just put it under cold water for 40 seconds, ripped of the hot glue skin, then pured rubbing alcohol on it and bandaged it! YAY ALL BETTER! :B

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplay booboos! >;D
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:07:52 am »
Ouch! That sounds terrible. I personally didn't get any wounds or injuries, other than the sore muscles from carrying around a cannon all weekend, heh.

But I hope you heal up, that does sound awfully painful.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:21:50 am »
I actually was not to bad this year. I have the normal blisters and such. I've had shin splints for two days now from the shoes for my Miria costume. I also have a little rubbed patch of skin on my side from boning poking me. Thanks to whoever gave me take to try and help!
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 12:24:44 pm »
I didn't get any while making my cosplay but I had the WORST back pain ever while wearing it. At one point pain shot from my back to my arm and I lost feeling from the elbow up >.<
Thank goodness for friends who give good massages or I wouldn't have made it xD
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 01:59:48 pm »
once I got too much hot glue on something and wiped it off onto my index finger.
.....after I danced around shrieking and looking for ice, I felt REAL SMART.
(I didn't have a fingerprint for a couple of months, which was kinda cool?)\

this time--about a week ago--I nudged my iron. While it was on. YAY! ....ow.
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 07:58:45 pm »
My right index finger took the brunt of my idiocy while making my Gaara costume.  I managed to get it burnt with hot glue and stabbed (multiple times) with a large needle while doing some heavy-duty sewing.  Luckily I didn't sew any of my fingers with the sewing machine... >.<  And thankfully, I didn't get any blisters from my flipflop sandals, though my sister did.
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 08:01:44 pm »
My arms were pretty sore from carrying xxrikuxx's purse around all day. :/

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 10:31:02 pm »
I got some nasty blisters from my slightly-too-tight sneakers. The jacket was also pretty heavy, and ended up putting a huge strain on my shoulders. I think I'll remove some of the lining for next time, and get a new pair of shoes.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline floydtherooster

• Cabbit
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:36:22 pm »
Accidents like that are always rough, but people still cosplay anyway :p. Hmm, I did get a couple pictures of a bowser, and I only saw one, so I think that must have been you. Great costume

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 10:39:59 pm »
The most of my pain was having to handsew boot covers with like 80 pins in them that kept stabbing my arms/hands/face all over the place. 

And my feet STILL hurt from K-con, if that counts
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 11:01:17 am »
I had really bad back pain from my sword... when i would sit down i had to keep my back bent and sit on the very edge of the chair, so my back never got relief, and also it was really heavy!

Offline Starrykitsune

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 11:33:37 am »
I didn't get any while making my cosplay but I had the WORST back pain ever while wearing it. At one point pain shot from my back to my arm and I lost feeling from the elbow up >.<
Thank goodness for friends who give good massages or I wouldn't have made it xD

OOOOOO That sounds terrible!

Offline Starrykitsune

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 11:35:51 am »
Thank you for the complement floyd ^^
My owwie is finally healing up. Everybody freaks out over it and gives me band aids and ointments.

Offline floydtherooster

• Cabbit
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 04:49:36 pm »
You're very welcome. You'll have to see if you can get a slightly longer leash next time for good behavior :p

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 05:30:06 pm »
i got a really big blister on the side of my thumb from pushing a needle thru the fake leather sholder armor for kendo boyfriends vampire hunter d costume
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 06:05:35 pm »
 It happens at nearly every convention; my chest and back iis bloody covered in some surprisingly deep cuts from that damned binding.  I still have scars from KC and Fanime.
I wonder if I will ever learn from this and use something other than tape? ..
..I highly doubt it. Works rather well for characters like Renji and Kanda.

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 06:19:25 pm »
It happens at nearly every convention; my chest and back iis bloody covered in some surprisingly deep cuts from that damned binding.  I still have scars from KC and Fanime.

ouch!! O_O

I saw on the cosplay livejournal group that they make an undershirt kinda thing that's sometimes used for girls undergoing the transition (to guy) which are....effective AND less painful? that sounds like something maybe to look into if you see yourself doing a lot of future crossplay? (they were like 60$ or something, so not cheap)
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline Captain Eliza Rae

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 06:50:22 pm »
Galoshes=walk to dollar tree from Holladay park= GIANT blisters...

other than scrapes and bruises from Red Rover I didn't get highly injured... amazingly  ;D

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 08:04:31 pm »
Well I was continuously pokes with safety pins everytime I put on my kunai holder... eventually told my boyfriend to just let me do it...

But the biggest booboo I got was while I was having a small panic attack. I turned a corner to sharp in my hotel room and smacked into the wall. my nose hurt the rest of the day.

XD  Oh and I bit my tongue during the kareoke contest. That hurt for awhile.
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 11:29:32 pm »
I think I may have gotten another synaptic nerve palsy from my Organization shoes... Completely different pair, same results in different toes. I can't feel half my big toes. Other than that, nothing too bad. My ribs hurt from binding until Friday, and I've STILL got a bruise on my hip from where Lexaeus got me with the tomahawk, but I'm fine. 

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 09:19:21 am »

ouch!! O_O

I saw on the cosplay livejournal group that they make an undershirt kinda thing that's sometimes used for girls undergoing the transition (to guy) which are....effective AND less painful? that sounds like something maybe to look into if you see yourself doing a lot of future crossplay? (they were like 60$ or something, so not cheap)

Yeah I think underarmour would work wonders in this situation...flattens your chest and protects your skin from the binding

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 06:22:11 pm »
I Just Got Brutaly Knocked Around On The Cement By Rabid Fan Girls And Choked/ Whiped With A Chain By Soubi And Hidan D:
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Jupiter Of Cute

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 07:27:44 pm »
...Well! It's not something I did to myself, even though I'm usually horribly clumsy.

I was hot glueing my Zack's [Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core] shoulder armor onto his shirt and the first side, he flinched and pretended I burnt him to make me feel awful so I spitefully put a little [lot] more than I needed to on the other shoulder, not thinking.

He's still got the burn, and he uses it as blackmail whenever he wants something ;o;

Offline Rukia-chan

• Oni
    • Baka Cosplayers (Come Join Use Anime Lovers!!!)
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 12:31:21 am »
I got a blister on the back heal of my left foot from my straw Bleach sandals from walking around too much, then I walked with them in the rain they got all icky so I had to throw them away.

Offline Starrykitsune

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 04:15:18 pm »
I got a blister on the back heal of my left foot from my straw Bleach sandals from walking around too much, then I walked with them in the rain they got all icky so I had to throw them away.

My bowser slippers had absolutely no protection against water, so now they smell terrible. I have a year to air them out and spray them down. If I'm smart I might even put something water proof on the bottom ^^

I LOVE the conair burn n.n

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 05:42:37 pm »
Oh, now I remember I DID get injured by my costume.  On the first day I used a bunch of bobby pins and clips to keep my hair up before I put on my wig cap, and I must've done something wrong, because the wig didn't fit right.  By the end of the day my head felt like it was in a vice.  When I took the wig off, I found the wig had left two half-inch long scars on my forehead, apparently where it had rubbed or something. o.O  They've gone away since, but they were there for several days.

The second and third day I just shoved my hair under the wig cap, and all was well. ^_^

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 05:54:46 pm »
I was very careful not to get hurt in costume.....but I did get hit really hard in soccer and got a bruise on my arm. The first thing I thought was "OH GOD MY PICTURES" XD but I ended up wearing Temari most of the time so it wasn't an issue

I still have the bruise btw, we are going on two weeks now v.v

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 03:50:38 pm »
I Just Got Brutaly Knocked Around On The Cement By Rabid Fan Girls And Choked/ Whiped With A Chain By Soubi And Hidan D:

o ya about that it was all soubi
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 02:52:19 pm »

o ya about that it was all soubi
XD Thats True Im Just Gonna Blame Soubi For That =D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 08:26:19 am »
i still have scars on my thumb and fingers from pasy years where my yearly traddition seemed to be to see how far i could try to slice thru my fingers while detangling a wig...answer pretty damn far
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline BlackJoker

• Oni
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 07:27:00 pm »
i cut my self with a bayonet (part of the costume) before having it peace bonded XD
I Have Loved....I Have Suffered....Now I Hate

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 11:40:14 pm »
Hmm.  Not really a major boo boo, but I did have to shave off my sideburns and some of the hair at the nape of my neck so I could wear my wig.  My sideburns are just now starting to fill back in.  My feet were a bit sore from the reasonablly new shoes.  Other than that, no real complaints this time around.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 08:43:24 am »
 Zombie Renji wins worst injury out of all my costumes.

I was going to copy the show, until I realized that it is FAR 'accurate'.

You do not get cut one thousand times and have your clothes suffer minor tearing. DOESN'T HAPPEN.

I figured the best way to recreate 'senbonzakura wounds' would be to just to take a razor blade to my kimono.

It worked FAR better than I thought. My poor hands are now covered in razor cuts ( I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing.)
 Typing this hurts like a bitch and I'm refusing to do anything with my hands in class.

I give it an epic FAIL for skill but an A++ and an Oscer for recreation. **** yea I win! lose .

God do I love irony.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 10:04:16 pm »
I would love to see everyone's reactions when you walked into a class room or anything....they might thought you have been cutting your wrists.....or hands in this case XD

I want to see this costume now ;D

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2008, 01:17:53 am »
I would love to see everyone's reactions when you walked into a class room or anything....they might thought you have been cutting your wrists.....or hands in this case XD

I want to see this costume now ;D

Unfortunatly, no, they asked me to wear it, but were still surprised.I don't think they expected me to go all-out.

Sensei thought it was the coolest thing ever, she asked  if I could take the test.
 I told her " yubi wa ugokumasen" ( I cant move my fingers) She just gave me an A and made everyone wait while she ran across the hall to get a camera. XD

Today really felt like a convention. Yea, there were a lot of other costumes, but none of them were home-made.

If I win the costume contest, I'll share the prize with my friends. I would not have worn it without their " OMG DO IT!"

And if I get any of the pictures back, I'll show you.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 10:00:02 am »
kcon all i had was mono, so i was basically dead.
Buuuut at Scon earlier in the year, right after I had bought the blue eye contacts for Esther i got an evil wound. You know how the colored contacts have the foily stuff? Yeah, I was throwing it away I believe and *slice* an inch sized cut is made on the side of my finger. The last joint down... if that makes sense. I bled through band aids, tissues, and paper towels, every time I bent that part of my finger the wound re-opened. I even have a blood stain on my blue esther cosplay.
Strangely i have no scar...
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline xwhysoseriousx

• Cabbit
    • jokah myspace
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 05:53:32 pm »
i didn't have many problems, but, being the emo joker i was, i ended up stabbing myself with a pencil a few times xD

ouch >.< :-X

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 08:32:14 pm »
does binding count? I get pain from that so would that be a booboo?

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 05:29:41 pm »
i didn't have many problems, but, being the emo joker i was, i ended up stabbing myself with a pencil a few times xD

ouch >.< :-X

I hope you weren't trying to show yourself a magic trick...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 01:08:49 am »
actually I just remembered that this year the zipper on my cosplay broke off on onside but another part of my cosplay held it together so no one could tell. after I took it off I couldn't get it back on. I've been trying to fix it this weekend. zippers...are evil.  >:(
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 11:52:08 am »
Well all I remember as a 'booboo' was the first day I wore my ninja shoes and I tripped. I cant tell you in how many different languages I cursed in when I fell but I just knew my knee hurt for a while. So I wore my normal shoes for the last two days. *Throws ninja shoes out the window* I hate those things. Thay made my feet hurt. I was about ready to start walking barefoot. XD

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2008, 03:03:52 pm »
@mentally hilarious
hey ninja's sometimes can be barefoot. :3
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 03:10:56 pm »
yeah those ninja shoes can be a bit of a pain in the ass. The ones I made were horrible but I haven't run into any problems with the bought ones yet ;D

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008, 03:12:24 pm »
Hmm that reminds me....What am I going to do when my new Sasori cosplay has to have me bearfoot? Just stay outside? Ninja shoes hurt.....alot.
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2008, 03:19:09 pm »
yeah I'm making my own ninja shoes. and their going to be part flip flip....that's going to be one bad screw up when it happens. :/ I hate flip flops.
da/tumblr

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2008, 03:19:28 pm »
Just think. I have to wear Mugen's 3 inch sandals! xD That ought to be fun!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2008, 03:58:09 pm »
I think that would be fun......but with so many cosplay you wont be wearing it for very long right ;)

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2008, 07:15:54 pm »
yeah I'm making my own ninja shoes. and their going to be part flip flip....that's going to be one bad screw up when it happens. :/ I hate flip flops.

That's what I did for Gaara.  They were actually quite comfortable.

Though my sister got a wicked nasty blister from her shoes, but they were a different style.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2008, 07:23:31 pm »
@toxikon
I just don't really like flip flops. their uncomfortable to me.....maybe I can make them not be flip flops or something. but yeah unsensable shoes can make you mad.
da/tumblr

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2008, 07:41:47 pm »
http://liz.spain.googlepages.com/narutosandaltutorial

That's the tutorial I used for our Sand Village sandals.  There's a note at the end about the alterations for the Sand Village ones, but for every other village, you cut off the thong part of the flip-flop (if that's the part that bothers you).