Author Topic: Welcome to the 20098 Cosplay wounds thread  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Rude

• Sailor Scout
Welcome to the 20098 Cosplay wounds thread
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:05:03 pm »
Some of you may have noticed Kratos had no blades this time round. Some may have noticed my leg greaves had some interested spots on them... and a few of you may have noticed Kratos had a bandaid on his thumb.
These things are all related!
Simply put, if you which to cast resin in rubber molds make sure you have different families of matierals or they will bond in odd ways... such as the rubber mold partialy re liquifying once the resin is poured in leading to much softer pockets in what looks to be a hard spot.
I managed to catch my thumb while cutting the rubber away and in the jerk reaction flicked my actual blood on the greaves... after that I figured might as well go with what already started. So Kratos's cosplay literally had blood sweat and tears on it.

The kilt managed to wear both hips raw and leave rivet markings all way around my waist along with the bandages causing stone bruises and such.

So, welcome to the thread and share your cosplay wounds story.

Offline Transimage

• Sailor Scout
    • ooorangy@Tumblr
Re: Welcome to the 20098 Cosplay wounds thread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:14:05 pm »
Yuffie wears zippers on the edges of her vest, around her armholes. .__.
My right arm-zipper irritated my skin for the whole Con because it was cut/sown on in a wierd angle. D: It was painfully pricklish.

Also, the giant 3-foot shuriken that my good friend (who cosplayed Kadaj, btw) made for me nearly took out a dozen peoples' eyes. XD But I think that was just 'cause of me.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:23:23 pm »
I didn't have anything too bad......my shoes gave me blisters so it hurt to walk but that was as bad as it got >_>

Offline Airika

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:47:07 am »
Simon from Gurren Lagann. I became smarter through cosplay time with how to deal with the sports/ace/first ade tape on his legs, stomach, and plus me binding my chest carefully. However, the skin on my legs got peeled a bit for this con. u.u;;

Then of course, I got the usual little forehead breakout on my forehead from wearing the Naruto band. XD
Sakura-con 05-07. Anime Expo 07. Anime Evolution 07. Penny Arcade Expo 07. What's next!?

Myspace YAY: www.myspace.com/ringytheperv

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:32 am »
Very sore feet from my Yuna shoes, so much so that I lost feeling in them while sitting down for too long. Some of you may have seen me limping, and clinging to my friends for support to stand. At another point, I got room sick on the 15th floor and retreated downstairs with my slice of pizza to finish it where I could get my barrings ><
And during our epic fight on day 1 with my friends, my epic death caused me to get a minor scratch on my arm that was hardly visible thank god T-T

Some of you may have seen the white mage in our group who mysteriously lost the top of her costume after the Chess game. The combination of bad thread + wrong measurments made a tear in it along the seem and we had to literally rip it apart in the restroom leaving her in her white tank and pants, tucking the skirt of the costume around her belt.

Suggestion for the Naruto headbands:
Hand wash them, and really get the soap out. If you feel any kind of soapy residue wash it again.
It's what our friend had to do because her headband actually gave her a rash it was so bad.
It's from the dye I assume ><; I can't really touch her headband without my hand breaking out turning red, and if I hold it for too long it becomes itchy.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:38:39 am by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 02:09:22 am »
haha ths time i had some pretty epic ones, the first was from my kingdom hearts 1 riku, i was finishing the leather belts that went across the shoulders when i hot glued my finger, but it was an industrial strength glue gun so it left my pointer finger with nerve damage 2 days before con :( not fun

the next one came from when i wore gaara, the gourd would move around occasional and i hit a few things hard enough that i had bruises on both side of my hips.

The last one is when i was wearing my princess tutu, since at AX i didnt put boning in my tutu, the tutu kept falling so i decided that this con i would out boning in it, well i did but one of them moved some how and made my leg bleed and i twisted my ankle before the photoshoot that i did....so not fun but it is for the sake of cosplay!
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 03:02:17 am »
Well my only sore was just my outdoor boot while I was cosplaying as Trunks on Saturday (day 1). All through the dance, my left boot cuff was pressing against the side of my leg with every step I took. This was a lesson that no matter how long you stand or walk, whether it's in line for 3 hours, to walking around the con, to dancing the night away, to wear double thick socks. My sore only seems minor compared to others, but it still seems worth telling.

Also just to comment on the Gaara gourd and Naruto headbands, I wonder if the characters themselves ever would have the same problems anytime in the series?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 01:45:09 pm »
Well my only sore was just my outdoor boot while I was cosplaying as Trunks on Saturday (day 1). All through the dance, my left boot cuff was pressing against the side of my leg with every step I took. This was a lesson that no matter how long you stand or walk, whether it's in line for 3 hours, to walking around the con, to dancing the night away, to wear double thick socks. My sore only seems minor compared to others, but it still seems worth telling.

Also just to comment on the Gaara gourd and Naruto headbands, I wonder if the characters themselves ever would have the same problems anytime in the series?

i dont think gaara would because his gourd just magically sits on his back
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Re: Welcome to the 2008 Cosplay wounds thread
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 01:57:31 pm »
Not many cosplay related injuries for me this time around. Thank god.

Just the typical rubbing raw that I get from bindings, small cuts from shaving my legs... Typical stuff. Being a girl sucks sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:57:52 pm by the_wind_the_sea »

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯