Author Topic: NINJA NONSENSE  (Read 11819 times)

oslapedo

Re: NINJA NONSENSE
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2008, 08:20:48 pm »
I'm excited too. Me and my little sister (Miyabi) are going into Joanne's fabrics tomorrow to try and scout some stufff out. We're attempting to make these ourselves, without a sewing machine : D,

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2008, 02:24:31 pm »
as much as i realy think that show is awesome, and would really like to see some cute stuff from it, i think this falls under my "try not to pick characters that dont fit your own physical archetype" (if you can help it) rule.  there are other characters in the show that may go better with the coloring your mother gave you. cosplays only really hit home runs when youve already got a bit of the character running in you, either because of coloring, attitude, body type or general chutzpa.

but yeah amphigory is a good site for wigs. 

Yes, I agree with this.

So I should cosplay her, is what you're saying? (a little confused)

i think i might be suggesting against it (this character for you in particular, not 2x2=shinobu in general, though i haven't seen a picture of you).  are you needing a wig because of length or because of color? kaede is very fair, and if thats generally not your complexion a different character might be a better choice for you. but thats just my cosplay philosophy if you really are into cosplaying her for whatever reason, more power to you. in the end its about having fun.

i think blue cover up contacts are a little creepy no matter how well they are done, but thats just me.
like orlando bloom in lotr...his eyes are really brown.

Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

oslapedo

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 02:28:29 pm »
Natalie, I don't think you should worry about the contacts but I still think you'd make a really adorable Kaede. You're the only Kaede for me, my dear!

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008, 02:44:46 pm »
as much as i realy think that show is awesome, and would really like to see some cute stuff from it, i think this falls under my "try not to pick characters that dont fit your own physical archetype" (if you can help it) rule.  there are other characters in the show that may go better with the coloring your mother gave you. cosplays only really hit home runs when youve already got a bit of the character running in you, either because of coloring, attitude, body type or general chutzpa.

but yeah amphigory is a good site for wigs. 

Yes, I agree with this.

So I should cosplay her, is what you're saying? (a little confused)

i think i might be suggesting against it (this character for you in particular, not 2x2=shinobu in general, though i haven't seen a picture of you).  are you needing a wig because of length or because of color? kaede is very fair, and if thats generally not your complexion a different character might be a better choice for you. but thats just my cosplay philosophy if you really are into cosplaying her for whatever reason, more power to you. in the end its about having fun.

i think blue cover up contacts are a little creepy no matter how well they are done, but thats just me.
like orlando bloom in lotr...his eyes are really brown.

Im getting the wig due to my color, my hair can't be blonde (I've tried sadly.)
heres a photo of me : [
Im sorry I'm not pretty

My hair is the right length, it's just the color. : [

haha I NEVER tan, so Im good on the fair completion XD

Yeah, contacts are a pain, but if you get the "natural colored" ones, I friend has a pair and they look stunning, and natural. Hence why I'm going for those types. : D

Personally, if someone wants to cosplay as a character, I say go for it. If it's well made and beautiful cosplay, that's all that matters to me.
Good for those I say, who step outside of the box sometimes. : D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:48:08 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

oslapedo

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2008, 02:46:47 pm »
Aw you look so much different without your wig on! <3 I still think that you should be Kaede. You'd be adowable as her : D

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2008, 03:34:32 pm »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2008, 02:49:04 pm »

Offline ambergen87

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2008, 04:29:33 pm »
Now that I have a job I don't know if I will be able to go to Mewcon.
Randomness is good for the soul.

The swag lady.

Cosplay for Kumoricon 2011:
Saturday: Lolita
Sunday: Seychelles
Monday: Catgirl Schoolgirl

Friday: Random yukata girl
Sat: Don't know
Sun: Don't know
Mon: Raine from Final Fantasy VIII

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2008, 05:25:03 pm »
Now that I have a job I don't know if I will be able to go to Mewcon.

you can always request those two days off. that's what i'm doing since my days off at my job are random and change every week >.< most times employers are nice and try to work out scheduling thingys... lol. good luck, though, i hope you can go ^.^

oh yeah, i meant to say on this thread that i'm planning on making an onsokumaru comforter for my bed (since i had to get rid of my old comforter) and will post pics once i actually make it, lol. yay big yellow thing on my bed! must decide on a facial expression for it... any suggestions?? ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2008, 05:29:23 pm »
Change of plans.
For MewCon, I will most likely be Ai Enma from Hell Girl. My Miyabi will be finished by Kumoricon for sure though. Sorry. ^_^;

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2008, 06:01:50 pm »
Change of plans.
For MewCon, I will most likely be Ai Enma from Hell Girl. My Miyabi will be finished by Kumoricon for sure though. Sorry. ^_^;

awww, we shall miss the miyabi... but we will have a ninja nonsense photoshoot at k-con 09, so it's all good ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2008, 06:40:04 am »
Yaay.
Sorry about the sudden chage everyone..

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:01 am »
That's okay, we'll have you in our NN group in '09! ^_^

And Hellgirl is awesome too, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

oslapedo

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »
I also won't be able to cosplay as Shinobu, but since you guys already have another one I guess it doesn't matter :D,

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 10:53:59 pm »
Well, it would be awesome to have dark and regular Shinobu, but we can wait until next year. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2008, 08:46:24 pm »
dunno....