Author Topic: Levi's hammer  (Read 4122 times)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Levi's hammer
« on: September 06, 2008, 10:39:43 pm »
Ok the mallet that one of the Levi's brought this year was HUGE

not only do I want it but I have a question that just ocured to me...

I know it must not have fit through all the doors, let alone elivators, but how did they get it to the hotel in the first place? I mean it, I cant see that thing fitting through the doors on a bus, max, or through a car door ._. I'm emensly curios now.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: Levi's hammer
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:54:26 pm »
Where would you put something that big?  They probably didn't have to rent a hotel out because they just slept inside that hammer.  IT'S HUGE. O__O;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:57:48 pm »
I heard from several people it's easily broken down. you could see the screws and some clasps on it. she just took it apart every day and put it back together the next and apparently its really light too.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:12:11 pm »
Hmmm... I'm thinking next year I'm going as Levi, and contimplating making my own eplicly uge hammer... I'm contimplating styraphome, (I dont think i spelled that right) since it would be nice and light and I work well with it (made the Taj Mahal out of it once) but then again transporting it is another matter...

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:32:42 pm »
It actually wasn't supposed to be allowed as a prop because it posed a fire trap hazard and restricted traffic, so get it okayed by staff before you make one of your own!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 11:47:06 pm »
Make a chibi epic hammer. XD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 11:56:32 pm »
Are we talking about that gigantic red and black (did it also have some white?) hammer?

Didn't it wind-up in some storage room behind the elevators, or something? o_o The one with the glass walls, to the right of the elevators, when you faced them.

>_> Did it wind-up there after being declared a fire hazard?..
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 10:39:00 am »
no I saw it in there one day then the next she was wandering around with it outside and using it in cosplay chess ._.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 01:15:38 pm »
Y hallo, this is the Demyx that hung out with the DGM group that had epic-huge hammer Lavi.

She didn't take the thing apart to get it up to her hotel room, it was in Checked Baggage all weekend when she didn't wanna carry it around. So yes, the storage room behind the elevators. The thing DID NOT come apart, and they DIDN'T sleep in it.

She brought it to the con in the back of her dad's van, and if you were there Friday you might have seen the interesting time they had getting it out of the back. Yeah, that thing barely fit back there.

As for it being light? XD XD XD don't make me laugh. It wasn't epic heavy, but it wasn't epic light either. It weighed about as much as... How did she describe it? Like a 7-year-old child. She's got a bruise on her shoulder from carrying it around.

I'm gonna make one myself, but probably out of fiberglass insulation foam (and on a slightly smaller scale) for my 3rd uniform Lavi.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 02:09:46 pm »
>:3 your making one to Lt? I intend to make a bigger one... although I'm considering having the handel removable so I can stick it on the top of my dads car via rope and what not...

and fiberglass insulation foam? hm. is it light?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 06:46:23 pm »
You remember the sitar? That's what the sitar was made out of.

Don't make a hammer bigger than epic-Lavi's... She just BARELY got it to be peacebonded, and only on the condition that she couldn't go anywhere inside without a spotter.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 07:15:32 pm »
._. oh dear.... then perhaps on a slightly smaller scale then... Oh well I personally just love Levi and the hammer xD

if you do a big one too then we need to find eachother and take pictures! this year I am going all out on cosplays, having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to do for Rosette's guns though...

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 07:32:59 pm »
Just a pair of 9mm's, right? Or is it a bigger bullet...? Either way, you could make those out of tinfoil wrapped in clay and bake 'em... I'onno. I'm just guessing here.

My hammer is going to have a fairly-average-size head, smaller than epic-Lavi's but bigger than the ones you normally see... I think I'll make the handle long for 'Shin!' photo opportunities though! Not so long that I'll have trouble maneuvering it, but long enough.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 07:45:49 pm »
Sounds like fun :3

I want to have a pretty big one because Ive always been a fan of mallets xD Dont ask me why I just do... but I guess I will make it a smidge smaller, and I will have the handel detachable because I do not own a van and the easyst way to transport it will be to strap it to dads car and carry the handel in the back.... I'm liking the idea of the fiberglass insulation foam stuff... your sitar wasnt to heavy but of course a big mallet made out of that? hmm... well I'm pretty strong.

and her guns are kinda weird, I'm thinking about having them comisiond. The Vash who did the monologe was talking to me and he had a great replica of the gun that was made by a friend of his who does comisions I think... I may ask him. I'm decent at wood carvings so I think that may be my best bet.

well one of the guns is actualy pretty small bullets the other ones shoots things the size of a ping pong ball....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 07:52:13 pm by xxxchihiroxxx »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 11:12:21 pm »
For some reason I've always loved giant mallets as well... It could be because I was impressionable as a child and got to use a huge hammer to put my bed together.

I had a rather amazing brain blast a bit earlier... For an extending handle, why not a telescoping shower curtain rod? It would work... if you didn't mind it looking slightly tacky if it wasn't done totally right. D: On second thought, bad idea.

I've got to make my handle slightly smaller, and my hammer head kinda small as well, though. I've just remembered that his third uniform hammer has a pike at the top that I would have to maneuver as well. My handle can probably be about five feet long before it gets to be a problem in hallways. That gives me two feet across for the hammer head, and I just have to make it proportionate to that. it had better be able to fit on top of the car with my sitar... That will be fairly interesting if it doesn't.

Which uniform are you doing, first, second or third?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 03:48:50 pm »
xD oh giant hammers I love thee..

and actualy you could probelly manover it so it can extend, get one rod the length you want, then get one only slightly smaller than that one and attach some kind of nob (if he has one) to the end of it.... then you push the smaller one through it , then after figuring otu a way so it can move in an dout with out actualy havin the smaller rod falling out of the larger one, you just pull the smaller one out when you want pictures of the extending handel :3 it sounds confusing in words I know, I'll draw up a picture for you of it in a bit...

and I'm not sure... I havent goten to the third one yet (in the manga) I'm only on about chapter 80 something I think, so it all depends. I wont do the first (I dont like it as much) but I need to compare third and second before I decided :3

Offline Jupiter Of Cute

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 07:41:57 pm »
xD oh giant hammers I love thee..

and actualy you could probelly manover it so it can extend, get one rod the length you want, then get one only slightly smaller than that one and attach some kind of nob (if he has one) to the end of it.... then you push the smaller one through it , then after figuring otu a way so it can move in an dout with out actualy havin the smaller rod falling out of the larger one, you just pull the smaller one out when you want pictures of the extending handel :3 it sounds confusing in words I know, I'll draw up a picture for you of it in a bit...

and I'm not sure... I havent goten to the third one yet (in the manga) I'm only on about chapter 80 something I think, so it all depends. I wont do the first (I dont like it as much) but I need to compare third and second before I decided :3

People are already going into the third costume? ;; Oh man. We're planning an epic group of Lavi, Kanda, Allen, Linali, and Komui, but we were just going to do second version uniform despite our Lavi wanting to do the third one. I didn't think anyone would be doing it/know that much about it!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 07:06:33 am »
Is this character Levi? I didn't know the character/series.

Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 08:22:14 am »
I saw third-uniform cosplayers at AX this summer, so ... yeah, people are already doing it.  :3

(And yeah, that's Lavi/Levi/howeveryouwannaspellit.)

... I still want to see a Lavi hammer with changing characters on the sides.  Just sayin'.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 03:43:57 pm »
hmm good idea I might consider that...

and Lavi, Levi, heck in the scanlations I read he was called Rabi for a while ._. then one manga changed who they got their scanlations for so it went to Levi...

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 07:02:03 pm »
I too was enamored with teh hammer:

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 05:44:21 pm »
I certainly are in the background of quite a few of these shots... XD that's because it was the group of d00m and such.

And GEEZ Myalchod, don't get your panties in a knot. I'll figure out a way to do it with LEDs and stuff. Gosh. It'll light up too.

That means I'll have to make it out of something other than insulation foam... Hmm. Oh well, if I can jury-rig a floating halo to stick out of a wig for Valclav, I'll be able to do this.

@ chihiro: I get what you mean, but I'm not gonna make mine extendable. Too much trouble. If it lights up, I oughta be good.